A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re-dictating by the MT using Dragon etc - shoulderlockedupagain

Posted: Jun 24, 2014

Anyone have thoughts on using program such as Dragon to "re-dictate" reports to save some transcription time and hopefully save further wear and tear?  Not an expensive program start-up but willing to spend some time to set up a more basic program to work.  My shoulder is nearly frozen, again.  Us old-schoolers are wearing out.  Thanks!

Tried it, I wasnt overly successful - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

[ In Reply To ..]
What were your main troubles with it? Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I do it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and I love it. Best investment I have ever made.

[ In Reply To ..]
Would love to know a bit more if you have a chance, whenever! Thank you so much! :-)

Redictating - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to know as well. I was just wondering about this myself... I'm getting carpal tunnel and running out of options. TIA

How many people does it take? - Labor saving device

[ In Reply To ..]
One to dictate one to redictate, one to transcribe, another to edit and another to QA the report. Okay!

Actually - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Proofreading, yes. No typing, no editing, no QA as I work directly for the providers. I will not work for a MTSO ever again.

Dragon - lynlou

[ In Reply To ..]
Shoulder pain and carpal tunnel syndrome can be greatly helped not by Dragon but by a good stretching program. These ailments come from working inside the box! I recommend picking up the book Pain Free by Pete Egoscue. There are simple exercises in this book to help for shoulder and carpal tunnel as well as other parts of the body. It is simple and it works!

Similar Messages:

How Much To Charge To Review And Edit Dictation With MD Dictating In Dragon EMR?
Oct 20, 2011

I am starting a new account where they would like me to edit and proof the work of a doctor who is dictating in Dragon EMR.  They want me to put in a bid for what I would charge.  I have no idea. Suggestions?  ...

Using Dragon But Need Help, Please
Dec 05, 2009

Just got Dragon 10.  Install and setup went smoothly (although tedious) and was using it without a problem for almost a week.  Then one day it just stopped working.  The program won't even start.  Anyone else have this problem and if so, how'd you fix it?  I want to avoid reinstalling it since it already has several user profiles set up and was working well. Also, I noticed it's a HUGE resource hog and I really can't run anything else at the same ti ...

EMR With Dragon
Feb 21, 2010

Does anyone here do editing with Dragon?  The office that I have worked for for 9 years went to EMR last year. They have not had anyone editing their stuff and it looks like crap.  The office manager sent me an email asking if I would be interested in doing the editing now that the last doctor is going to start on the EMR system.  I do not know what the name of the EMR system is only that the docs use Dragon to dictate into.  I have several ques ...

Dragon And P.o.
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know how to add p.o. into the vocabulary editor of Dragon? The problem comes up due to there being no "spoken form" that the system recognizes. Thanks in advance!   ...

DRAGON QA
Jun 25, 2013

I work for a hospital doing acute care/clinic work. We have a handful of docs using Dragon, and the plans for the future are to implement "Dynamic Dictation" for all clinic providers. Administration recently notified us that they want us to start doing QA on the docs who use Dragon. Of course, we are thrilled as this means job security. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same? ...

If What We're Using Is Dragon,
Jan 13, 2014

...at the inaccuracies. Everything that everybody has said on this board is true with regard to blatant and flagrant errors even when the dictation is crystal clear! For me particularly, one of the most annoying things is how there is a word put in there that was not even dictated. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? In addition, when "not" is dictated, but is not put into a report. That can be so very detrimental to patient care if not caught, and it is so very easy to overlook. OMG, I cannot believe these e ...

Does Anyone Use Dragon For VR On Your Own (as An IC)?
Sep 04, 2014

I was wondering if anyone uses Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional to manage their workload as an IC.  I would like to be able to input my voicefiles into Dragon and have it produce a draft for me to edit (like at an MTSO).  I need to be able to create the profiles without needing to "teach" it because I want to have a different profile for each doctor I have so it will be more accurate.  I am wondering if the cost would be worth the time savings or not.   I know it wasn&# ...

Videos On Dragon
Nov 24, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dragon+with+medical+transcription&search_type=&aq=f Call them sales pitches or actual demos (i.e. talking about the Phillips microphone), these are the real thing. It's Dragon in action. Draw your own conclusions. And there's an additional video down the page from the organization formerly known as AAMT. ...

Anyone Use Dragon Essentials?
May 07, 2010

Okay...so I was in Walmart and noticed that they had Dragon Essentials for $40 so I grabbed it, not really thinking about which version it was, just knowing that I usually see Dragon for $100+.  And I'm not about to spend $1500 for Dragon Medical right now. Before I open the box and can't return it....can we even really use this version for transcription work? I've tried Googling the topic but can't really get a clear answer on this and I've also come across some d ...

Dragon Medical
Aug 26, 2012

My son's pediatrician says she tried the Dragon product for doctor's to dictate and edit their own work.  She says Vyvanse came out as underpants and every time she tried to correct it, it came out something else - even after she spelled it.  She gave up -- what a surprise.....   I think that has a place in clinic work, if doctors aren't pressed to see a thousand patients in a day by their employer, but definitely not fit for hospital dictation.  Frankly, I w ...

Dragon EScription
Mar 05, 2014

The company I work for is currently looking into a new transcription program and have been asking about Dragon. We currently do only straight typing and do a lot of copying and pasting from previous notes. My concern for VR is that we would spend more time fixing formatting issues than if we just straight typed. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from those who have used Dragon. I welcome all opinions, suggestions, etc. Thanks for your time! ...

Dragon/nuance
Jun 04, 2014

I went to see a chiropracter this morning and he asked me what I "do" and I told him that I am a transcriptionist and I work for Nuance - he told me that he has used Dragon to dictate his reports for about 6 years and he thought it was great when he first got it, but he said that in the last year or so, it is starting to put in things that he isn't saying.  He said one day it started substituting the word sex for six - he solved that by taking the word "sex" out of it so it can� ...

Dragon/Novaris - See Message
Jan 15, 2010

Anybody using this VR program for editing.  If so, what type of foot pedal works with this OR are there function keys that can be used to control rewind/play/forward? Thanks for your help. ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking 11.5
Dec 16, 2011

I have the Standard version 10 and had to deal with a lot of bug issues with it.  I love the program, but I didn't like the constant problems with trying to download updates, etc.  (I have Vista).    I wondered if anyone else out there bought this updated version and was pleased with it.  I'm hoping to hear that they have the bugs worked out of this program, as the program itself is great and a valuable assest to an MT who types in Word.  Any feedback a ...

New To Medical Transcription-Dragon?
Jan 26, 2013

I'm new to medical transcription and thinking about buying Dragon software.  Does it work on wav files from different doctors?  If you have a Mac and MacSpeech could you transfer those files to the Mac and then back to the PC to send back?  I don't want all of my work done through Dragon, I just want it more for clarification and accuracy.     Thanks! ...

PDOC/Dragon/Meditech
Apr 19, 2013

Anyone out there doing QA for PDOC/Dragon programs, in Meditech?  We are just finding out that ONLY the physician can access and do editing, which is not working out.  Does anyone know if there any "fixes" for this so that a transcriptionist/editor can "clean up" the reports? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.   ...

Dragon Compatibility With Fluency
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency? ...

Dragon Medical 360 - EScription
Mar 28, 2014

Question for those who work from home on eScription -  Dragon Medical 360, what is the real purpose of doing:  Alt + . when one, when at the right point, can just do "." on its own?  Does that have something to do with how Nuance charges the client for lines?  I was just wondering if anyone knows.  Appreciate an answer to this. ...

Still Low Wages. Wonder If It Is Because Nuance, The Dragon, Gets A
Jun 13, 2014

The Dragon and sending work to India and the Philippines has taken over the hospitals.  Nuance is the Dragon and they now get their 2 cents.  That is part of the reason our pay has gone down...eaten up by the year of the Dragon.   Guess that would mean health care has gone to the Dragon, the CEOs and insurance companies. ...

Headset With Microphone For Dragon
Aug 27, 2014

What headset with mic would you recommend for Dragon under $100. Thanks in advance.  ...

Is Anyone From The Dragon Direct Project
May 22, 2015

If so, how is your line count and quality?  ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Instead Of Transcribing?
Nov 06, 2009

Has anyone used Dragon NS instead of transcribing?  Does it take a long time to train it?  Is it really faster and worth the money?  Thanks! ...

Addendum To Dragon Naturally Speaking....
Jan 18, 2010

I was thinking of using this as a replacement for typing/transcribing.  For example when I hear the dictation, I then repeat it to the Dragon voice recognition software, and it types for me. (You need to read the post before this one for it to all make sense -- sorry!) Thanks, Abby ...

Editing Of Dragon Speak Reports
Apr 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of formula for pricing out the finall editing of a DragonSpeak report?  I am assuming that it would be much less than if it were priced for typing the entire file. thanks, bill ...

Dragon And Wave Files And I Can't Get It To Work.
Aug 07, 2010

I had a stroke five years ago and started using Dragon to transcribe after having done transcription for 30 years by typing.  It works okay with Dictaphone, but I am at a loss as to how to make it work with wave files that come over the internet.  As almost everything is done this way now, does anyone know if it is possible to use two sound cards, one for dragon and one for wave files or if there is some way I can make this work so that I can still work?  Dragon can be a nightmare ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking & Medrite
Sep 24, 2010

Does anyone know if Dragon Naturally Speaking can work with the old verson of the old Medrite transcription platform? Thanks. ...

Dragon An Industry-wide Trend?
Apr 11, 2011

Are many companies installing Dragon for all their MTs to use, or are most using back-end VR where the MTs simply edit?  Inscribe is going 100% Dragon.  Is that an industry trend? ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking Standard 10
Aug 28, 2011

I purchased and installed this application for some classes I am taking.  I thought it would save time with notes etc and it does ------ when functioning properly. I also contemplated the medical version for my transcription.   It is probably just me, I am sure, but I just do not know how to fine tune.  The only thing I know to do when I run into a problem is to uninstall and rei nstall.  To my knowledge there is no technical support. &nb ...

Dragon Medical Upgrade - Resale?
Dec 08, 2011

Can you resell Dragon Naturally Speaking software by Nuance?  I'm looking to upgrade from Dragon Medical 9/10 to 11, which is now called Dragon Medical Practice Edition, and the upgrade costs $599.  Can a person who has bought this sell it if they no longer use it?  Does anyone ever see either the program itself or the upgrade for resale?  Has anyone seen it for less than $599 lately?  Far as I can tell this Medical version isn't even sold at Nuance anymore, ju ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...