A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Windows 7 with DocQscribe compatibility - Traveling MT

Posted: Dec 13, 2010

I searched archives, but could not find an answer to my compatibility question. Traveling at Christmas and want to use my laptop with Windows 7. Has anyone been able to use the system on 7?  Getting an error message "cant't write params" or something like that.

DQS won't work with Windows 7 - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Every time someone asks this question, I answer because I tried everything to make it work and had to give up.

I bought a new computer 1 week before the upgrade and now it is a paperweight. Had to repair my old XP. Tried Windows 7 Pro XP mode, was able to install the upgrade, but the footpedal would not work. I contacted support at Microsoft, they said a footpedal was a human interface device and XP mode was not designed to handle it. So long story short, it won't work. Sorry, either have to use a laptop with XP or haul the desktop along.

Thanks for the info. - Traveling MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so disappointed, but thanks for the info. I was only going to work for 2 days while I was away, so I may just take 2 more PTO days now.

win 7 - aw

[ In Reply To ..]
I use my laptop with win 7. You have to run IE as an administrator and then install DQS from DQM.

Thank you so much! - Traveling MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I did it and it worked! You saved Christmas!

i was told it won't work right unless it's 32 bit, otherwise the full dictation - will not always download

[ In Reply To ..]
i had tech support help me install it anyway, and they were right. the entire dictations weren't downloading. I hope your experience in this matter is different because I would really like to use my laptop.

DocQscribe and Windows 7 - KB

[ In Reply To ..]
It works just fine for me every single night. New laptop, windows 7, DQS. the only problem I encounter, because I have 64 bit, coming off NJA, the next job does not download fully, has to be broken, and returns fully downloaded.

Similar Messages:

Dictaphone Transnet And Windows 7 Compatibility
Nov 07, 2009

Can anyone tell me if they use Tranenet  through Dictaphone with Windows 7.  My computer died, I bought a new one and the help line from Dictaphone says "Sorry" Cant use it... Offer no help whatsoever..  Has anyone else had this problem.  Soooo frustrating. ...

Windows 7--Switching To Compatibility Mode
Aug 12, 2010

I am thinking about a laptop--Windows 7 but I need to install EditScript from escription.  Does anyone know if I could run it in compatability mode and it would work?  TIA ...

DocQscribe And Windows 7
Apr 16, 2012

unable to download DocQscribe with Windows 7, my boss gave me these instructions:   Try to follow these instructions step by step, particularly making sure you use Internet Explorer, NOT THE 64 BIT.     Close all programs including Internet Explorer.   Click Start buttonbottom left corner.   Click All Programs   Right click Internet Explorer (not the 64 bit)   Click Run as Administrator   Copy in this address into your address bar in Internet ...

Windows 7 Vs. DocQScribe Help!
Aug 10, 2012

I have a job offer from one of the Nationals.  Previously my employer supplied my equipment, but now I have to purchase my own.  DocQScribe is the platform for the account I will be assigned to.  In their specs, they said I needed a 32-bit OS, but all I can find is 64-bit unless I spend a fortune on a custom system.  (My personal computer is a Mac, so no joy there).  I've been advised that Win7 can be switched to run either 32 or 64 bit.  Will this work with DQ ...

Windows 7 And DocQscribe
Oct 13, 2012

I have windows 7 and I got DocQscribe to work on it, but shorthand does not and neither does Dragon Naturally Speaking Version 10.  Does anyone have experience in this?  I have 64 bit computer. ...

Need Help Installing Docqscribe On Windows 7
May 20, 2010

Can one of you super helpful people give me the steps to go in as the administrator (not sure how to do that) and install docqscribe on Windows 7?  Thanks! ...

Windows 8 And DocQscribe 7.1 Compatible?
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone know if the new Windows 8 is compatible with DocQscribe 7.1?  I really need a new laptop and see that since the new Windows 8 has come out it is harder to find a new computer with Windows 7 on it.  I'd appreciate anybody's input.  Thanks! ...

How Do You Get DocQscribe To Work With Windows 7 64 Bit?
Jul 12, 2013

I�m an IC for a clinic that utilizes DocQscribe. They do not offer the IC MTs tech support. I am trying to use my back-up computer, which has Windows 7 64 bit. I set IE to run as administrator and went to the website to download the software, but I got an error that said write params failed. From what I�ve read, 64 bit is not compatible. If anyone knows a way to get this to work, I�d be really grateful for the help. Thanks! ...

Windows 7 WriteParams() Failed DocQscribe
Dec 05, 2010

Help!  I'm trying to install DocQscribe on my laptop that I just installed Windows 7 32-bit on and I get an error saying writeParams() failed.  Anyone know how to help??  Thanks! ...

Compatibility
Mar 12, 2013

Just wondering how you go about checking compatibility of platforms with Windows 8.  For example, ChartNet or CPSI.  (Just two off the top of my head.)  I've been using a laptop for almost 5 years now and I need an upgrade.  My neck is begging for a desktop.  Just checking out all options before I get one. ...

Transnet Compatibility
Feb 02, 2012

I have a USB Infinity 2 foot pedal.  Is this compatible with transnet?  If not, can I make it compatible by downloading something or getting a special plug? ...

Did Anyone Get The DQS 7 Compatibility Attachment?
Jun 05, 2012

It says to see the attached DQS 7 compatbility instructions & to notify your CCM immediately if you're not compatible, but there was no attachment...  Did anyone get it? ...

DocShuttle Compatibility
Feb 20, 2014

Is DocShuttle compatible with GearPlayer or only with the WavPlayer? ...

Emdat Compatibility
Mar 25, 2014

My work PC crashed last week.  I am trying to find a PC to with Windows 7 since that is what I am currently using (well, was using) and I know it is compatible.  All I am finding locally is Windows 8.  They don't have anything running Windows 7 in stock.  I don't have a lot of time to wait around to have one shipped to me.  I have tried asking IT, but I still have not heard from them. Is Windows 8 compatible? ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

MT Test Site Compatibility
Jul 07, 2013

I was wondering if anyone who has Windows 7 and IE 9 has been successful using the MT Test site.  I recently applied for a position and was directed to the MT Test site.  When I signed on, I received an error message that the test site was not compatible with IE 9 and it is not possible to roll back to IE 8.  I was directed to install Firefox of Google Chrome, neither of which I particularly want, and Apple Quick Time player, which I do not think will permit me to use a foot pedal ...

Keyboard Compatibility Question
Sep 08, 2013

Does anyone here have a Perixx Periboard ergo keyboard? I'm thinking about ordering one but need to make sure it's compatible with Windows 7.  I had an older Microsoft Natural ergo that, even with the USB adaptor, isn't compatible with Windows 7.  I won't even start on my rant about how Windows could make their own system incompatible with one of their own keyboards.  Yikes.   Anyway, haven't had good look with the newer Microsoft Natural Ergos (sti ...

Dragon Compatibility With Fluency
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone use Dragon Naturally Speaking with Fluency? ...

Help Dictaphone Foot Pedal VR Compatibility ???
Dec 15, 2010

Does anyone work on the Dictaphone correction client speech recognition. I need to get a new foot pedal. Can I just purchase a Dictaphone foot pedal and it will work with it or is there a special Dictaphone foot pedal that I need. Tell me what kind you have model # etc if you work with this if you don't mind. Every other report that comes up errors out when I push the foot pedal. I get the message Specified handle is invalid. No speech will come up, it is just blank, then I have to go ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Foot Pedal Compatibility Question
Jun 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me why my Infinity USB foot pedal would not work with a Dictaphone system? My foot pedal works (last time I used it) and I switched ports in case a port was bad. ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

DocQScribe Down...??
Oct 26, 2009

Is it just me or is DQS acting up again?  I can't pull ADT info - taking 100 years.  ...

DocQScribe ASR?
Jan 20, 2010

My company is switching from straight transcription on DQS to ASR on DQS. I've used DQS for two years and didn't even know they had ASR, but apparently they do. Could any of you with experience on this please give me your opinions of the DQS ASR platform? I'm just not sure I want to go through training if I won't want to stay with this company. I did Escription for awhile at another company and hated it. Thanks in advance! ...

DOCQSCRIBE UP
May 12, 2010

nm ...

Is DocQScribe Down
May 26, 2010

my DocQScribe is stuck and I rebooted, still stuck, any one else on right now? ...