A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pathology Transcriptionists Please Help - TXMT

Posted: Mar 13, 2014

I work in the path department and when a malignant case comes up that requires a CAP, I defer to the CAP summary.  The docs dictate "lymphovascular . . ." but the CAP summaries will have "lymph-vascular . . ."   The problem is today I was checking the CAP protocol for the Lung CA and the word was used both ways.  In the actual protocol itself, there was the hyphenated version as a header, i.e., but then in the explanatory notes at the end of the protocol  there's this

"There is data showing that lymphovascular invasion by tumor may represent an unfavorable prognostic finding."1

Which one is correct?

Thanks

what's the question? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I think it is a matter of preference - In our pathology department

[ In Reply To ..]
We don't use CAP summaries, but we always use lymphovascular; I've never used the hyphenated version (35 years Surg Path experience)

Similar Messages:

Pathology MTs
Oct 28, 2009

Are there any Pathology MTs out there? Can I ask who you work for? ...

Pathology Help, Please - SM
Dec 23, 2014

Received fresh, and placed into formalin fixative, the specimen is labeled "left breast biopsy", and consists of a rounded, somewhat *, egg-shaped mass, 4.3 x 2.9 x 2.4 cm.  The cut surface has a somewhat fish-flesh appearance, with frequent ** areas.  No hemorrhage or necrosis is seen.    *s/l "boscillated" or "vahsillated" **s/l "cletid" or "klepted"  Any help appreciated :)   ...

New Pathology MT
Mar 13, 2015

I JUST STARTED WORKING A PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST, I WAS LET GO FROM MY PREVIOUS JOB THAT I WORKED AT FOR 14 YEARS. HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT THE TRAINING FOR FLUENCY WAS A JOKE, THEY GAVE ME THIS MANUEL TO READ. I DO NOT LEARN THAT WAY AND MY PC WAS NOT REALLY HELPFUL. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS SAME PROBLEM? AND SHE IS NO NIT-PICKY ABOUT STUPID ERRORS THAT I HAVE BEEN DOING WITH THIS ACCOUNT FOR YEARS.  ...

MM Pathology
May 13, 2015

Anyone working pathology department for MM?  Wondering what your eperience is working for many pathologists and accounts, and anything else you can elaborate on in this department.  Thanks.  ...

S/l Label Pathology
Nov 07, 2009

There is no evidence of any rotator cuff, biceps, and/or label pathology. ...

Forensic Pathology
Jan 06, 2010

Hi Everyone! I wanted to know if anyone could tell me what companies transcribe for M.E's offices or Hospitals for Forensic Pathology (autopsies). I have been involved in the business for 3 yrs and now am looking to work from home with this as my primary background. I appreciate any feed back. Thank you! ...

Pathology Question
Feb 22, 2010

s/l Sakimono's solution.  ...

What Is Pathology Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

Can anyone explain to me what do you type if you are a pathology MT?  I see many jobs asking for radiology or pathology expereince needed.  I understand what RAD is... I do not know what pathology is typing.  Please explain?  Greatly appreciated! ...

Pathology Sites
Jun 10, 2011

I just switched over to typing pathology reports, are there any good sites that you recommend to help with learning some of the words and phrases.    ...

Is It Bcl-2, BCL-2, Or Bcl-2 For Lymphoma Pathology?
Jun 01, 2011

?? ...

Pathology Report
Jul 28, 2011

Hmmm...got another one. Can a specimen be recevied "informa"? Another word I just cannot find anywhere! The only other phrase that makes sense to me is "in foam." Maybe he does an "ah' afterward..? ...

Pathology Transcription - Well Do You Like It?
Feb 06, 2012

Just wondering if anyone out there types pathology reports and, if so, how well do you like it?  Considering a position of strictly pathology dictation.  Thanks. ...

Pathology Measurements
Mar 08, 2012

I was training in pathology.  I was told if they say two centimeters to type 2.0 cm, but if they say two millimeters, type it 2 mm and not use a .0 for mm.  Anyone else heard of this?? ...

Pathology Pay - $1.25 Per Report
May 21, 2013

Current offer from MTSO to type pathology at $1.25 per report. I have only typed pathology before for hourly rate so I am unfamiliar with whether this is the going rate, but M*Modal pays $2.00 per report so I am thinking not. Wondering what I should be asking them like - after 90 day period can I move up to at least $2.00 per report? Does this include gross, micro, and diagnosis sections? How many specimens dictated daily? What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help/advice, I really ...

Does MM Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Describing Pathology/GI
Jan 09, 2014

Doctor is describing patholgy of a Whipple.  He states "The extrapancreatic extension involved a microscopic focus of glands and s/l neeshon pull adjacent to the duodenum" - Any thoughts, anyone?  Thanks! ...

Hey, If You Have Pathology Experience
Dec 04, 2014

Keystrokes is immediately hiring. Pay by the line, but it's straight typing. You MUST have pathology experience. If you send a resume, lead with your pathology experience. Doesn't matter if it was 30 years ago...experience is experience and pathology hasn't changed. There's been a lot of yak about keystrokes being crappy, but hey, Nuance is screwing you guys out of your pay. ...

Fixative Used In Pathology
Jan 03, 2015

I am transcribing pathology gross descriptions.  All of a sudden the dictator switched from using "formalin" to what sounds like "Gliofix." Anyone heard of Gliofix and know the spelling?  Thanks so much for your help. ...

Transcriptionists With ADD.... I Think Im One Of Them!
Feb 10, 2010

make a living being an MT?  In addition to how low our pay has gotten, and the myriad other problems that we all deal with, if you can't focus, do you think that is cutting into your finances as well? I've always had a suspicion that I have ADD.  Was a totally hyper kid.  Daydreamer in school.  High IQ (148), labelled as "gifted" in 1st Grade, yet with each passing year did less and less well in school.  Looked out the window and zoned out more than I paid att ...

When There Are No More US Transcriptionists...
Aug 19, 2013

M*Modal will call the shots.  No doubt they'll start jacking up prices to the clients then.  That's the way it usually works. Should only take a few more years.  Save a bit now, spend a lot more down the road.  Lol.  Shortsighted fools. ...

Pathology And Laboratory Transcription
Dec 24, 2010

I just found a local hospital advertising for a path and lab transcription job and am considering applying, but I've never done that type of transcription.  I've done numerous others, radiology, hospital, surgical, clinic, etc., but it has been a few years as lately I have been doing clinic work only.  Is pathology/laboratory transcription difficult?  I realize it's a matter of opinion and just like all other transcription would take time to adjust.  I'm g ...

Pathology: ICD 4 To 8 Ratio Of 9 To 1. How To Type?
Feb 09, 2011

Mycosis fungoides.  Cells were CD3, CD4, and CD5 positive with "ICD 4 to 8 ratio of 9 to 1"   ...

Pathology And Radiology Transcription
May 23, 2011

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for about 12 years. I am presently unemployed. I have seen an ad on one of the job sites for a pathology transcriptionist with 1 year experience. My question is how different/difficult is pathology transcription. Should it be something a radiology transcriptionist can do, given I have 15 years experience but 12 in rad work. Do you think it would be something I could pick up without difficulty? Any information and input would be appreciated. I have been ou ...

Pathology Results...please See Message
Aug 09, 2011

Bilateral ovaries:  S/l encorpo avakansia and epithelial inclusions.   TIA!! ...

Pathology Transcriptionist Take On Matters
Dec 07, 2011

Is gross pathology transcription considered too advanced for a newbie?  Interviewer wants me to have updated immunizations (would need at least 4 shots!) and I would need to schedule a physical (usually takes months w/my doc) and I don't know if it is worth it.  HR went dead silent when answered I have never done pathology transcription (not encouraging) and my gut reaction from the phone conversation was that I would not be a top candidate.  Of course, then there ...

Pathology Medication Name Abbreviations
Jun 27, 2013

About to pull my hair out with these abbreviations ths pathology doctor is giving for the medications.  I have looked in my path book and abbreviation book and it does not list these.  Can anyone please direct me to where I can find a list of abbreviations of the drug names.  I would appreciate it more than I can say.   ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Radiology And Pathology Experience
Jul 27, 2013

How do I get experience in radiology and pathology if all the jobs posted want experience and will not even look at you if you do not have the experience? I have been transcribing for 9 years and would like to get experience doing radiology and pathology. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated! Thank you! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Is The Difference?
Apr 10, 2014

Can anybody tell me how different it is typing for a pathology practice versus clinic transcription and hospital transcription? I am considering applying for a pathology transcription position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

Does Anyone Here Work For MModal In Pathology?
Jul 17, 2014

I had posted this earlier but the post was deleted by the moderator, maybe because I included my email address?  Just trying to hear other people's experiences and was hoping to network (maybe we are not allowed to do that here?).  I work in the pathology department and have enjoyed it. ...