A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

out of work- dont you realize that there are deductibles that have to be met -sm - no name

Posted: Jan 20, 2011

and people are just not going  in for surgeries or waiting till they are horribly sick before coming to the hospital.  It is always slow everywhere I have worked between January and February.  Of course you will be out of work at this time of year.  I have been here long enough to know

I work for 2 jobs because of this reason and, unfortunately, both places I work are low on work right now.  Please just suck it up and quit complaining.  At least you have a job and not on umemployment right now.  Be grateful for something........

I am not out of work, very busy. Seasonal slow-down is - a MTSO line for MT worried about no work. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I worked for years in a doctor's offices, not as - an MT, and there are definitely

[ In Reply To ..]
certain times of the year where things were slower than others. It wasn't just our office, it was everyone around. I started with one office not long after it opened, and we had consultants who helped. We would go back and look at prior year at the same time when we were slow, and you could guarantee it would be the same thing for the prior year.

I can tell a huge difference with the weather as I have accounts on opposite sides of the country with way different geographics. I know when the snow starts one account will slow down for that time period.

It is not just the MTSO.

It is too the MTSO. (stamping foot, rolling eyes) It is all - that MTSO conspiracy we read about here. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
chuckle

Post below was told low work cause "too cold." Wth? - Just another MTSO lie to placate worried MT. nm,

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Silly MTSO excuses - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I once subbed from an MTSO that did a large teachng hospital in California. She would come up with outrageous excuses for things and one time I said, "Oh,I know why we don't have enough work. It's because the moon is in Fresno." She did not think it was particularly funny, but other MTSOs did.

Thanks for the being grateful part.... - chucklz

[ In Reply To ..]
Also besides being grateful you have a job, be grateful if you get unemployment. You could have been let go being and Independent and therefore you do not qualify for unemployment. Welcome to my world. I would take any job at this point.

This always was a slow time of year, holidays, doctors on vacations with their families. If doctors aren't seeing patients there is nothing to be dictated on.

My PT job is with an MTSO in FL and I have worked constantly throughout the so-called slump. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
That's because they have a firm policy against overhiring. I have been an MT for 35+ years and have never seen anything like I have seen at SS, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I didn't believe all of the negative posts I had seen before, but I do now. On the plus side, the pay is ALWAYS on time and usually early, and the people I have talked with are great, but that loses a little bit of its shimmer when the pay is half what you should be making for a full-time job.

out of work.... stop complaining?? - USAtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Not every job is "slow" right now. For instance... my job was just sent OVERSEAS because it was cheaper. BUT no one bothered to tell anyone until we had weeks of NJA and started complaining.... When I was hired, was told we would be swamped, no need for a secondary account, etc.... well that lasted about 3 months and then poof just disappeared! So, yeah, some places are slow, and then there are people like me whose throat was cut just to save a buck and send our job out of our country...where we live and try to support ourselves and raise our families!

regarding overseas- You have a right to complain- this was meant for people that the dictatoin is re - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
So yeah, I feel your pain and by all means complain. I wished we could do something about that, but for years this has happened. It isnt right at all!

Thats why I am trying to get out of this field, but it does still pay more than my "area" pays so for now I am stuck.

Wish ya luck!

Similar Messages:

Umm... Why Dont These Mental Midgets Realize That
Mar 04, 2010

is the DICTATORS?!   THEY are the ones being sloppy and negligent, not the MT who is trying like hell to understand what on earth they're saying.   If hospitals had to pay a premium to get the dictation of their sloppy-guys transcribed, maybe they'd think twice about hiring them in the first place.  ...

Any Companies With Insurance Deductibles Less Than 2500? Can't Afford Nuance Anymore Nm
Nov 30, 2013

xx ...

Ever Realize The First Day A Job Is Not For You?
Jun 01, 2010

Did you ever start a job and realize immediately that it is not the right one for you, that you will be miserable in it? Too many crazy account specifics. Too much bumbling around with the software to get to the actual typing. Too much crap. The thing is, I am so broke beyond belief. But this job is just awful. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. My goodness, I am so sick of this profession. Sick of taking test after test with company after company and them never responding ba ...

You Do Realize That
Jun 02, 2013

Reports go through hospital/clinic QCs (not every report) and if they are not over 99% Nuance doesn't get paid.  ...

MQ Execs - When Will You Realize That You Have
Mar 08, 2010

The hardest thing for executives to do is to acknowledge the need to take a new direction. Study after study has shown the propensity of the people at the top to fiddle around the edges of failed initiatives trying to "fix" them - but, like Nero, they fiddle while Rome burns. To call Medquist's history "spotty", especially in the area of employee relations, but also with respect to some of it's technology initiatives, would sadly understate the case. This company is very badly ...

Back From Vaca Only To Realize...
Aug 10, 2010

Wow I knew I hated my job, but it is much worse than I thought.  Though I have my resume out to find another job and I pray every night to find one, I feel as though I'd rather be without a job than to continue working for this company which has definitely sucked the life out of me and has taken away my ability to earn a decent living.  How does one work 93 hours and only take home 500 bucks...oh yeah by working for the Q, that's how.  Take an 18 year employee who starte ...

Do These Nut Cases Who Dictate Not Realize It's Okay To Take A Breath
Nov 11, 2011

before they finish a 10-minute dictation.  But, by all means, let's not say anything to them.  After all, they're doctors, residents, PAs, and they don't get up and put their pants on like everybody else.  Forget the poor people on the other end trying to make sense out of the nonsense they spew out of their mouths.  That's my vent for the day!  Now maybe I will feel better! ...

It Would Be Nice If Dictators Would Realize They Work
Sep 11, 2012

for a medical facility and not a fire department.  ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Does These Numbskulls That Dictate Not Realize, Or Not Care,
Feb 04, 2013

that we work on production.  When they start to dictate why can't they have their ducks in a row and just dictate?  Why must they sit and scroll through computer screens or a paper chart?  It makes me want to scream.  Ten-minute dictations that produce 30 lines is totally ridiculous, but until the hospitals and MTSOs stand up for us and put a stop to it, it will keep happening.  Okay, I'm through now.  ...

Does Anyone Still Work With Diskriter? Didn't Realize They Were Still Around. NM
Apr 02, 2013

. ...

To Seasoned MTs: How Long Does It Take Before You Realize That A Company Is Not A Good Fit? Sm
Nov 12, 2009

Basically meaning that the platform is not going to MT friendly or you're going to spend too much time filling in patient demo, or a myriad of any other reasons.  And once you found out that it wasn't going to work out, how long did you stick it out? ...

Did You Ever Change Jobs And Realize You Made A Mistake?
Apr 13, 2011

I recently left a company after four years because the grass seemed greener elsewhere, has anyone ever done this and then realized right away it was a huge mistake?  I feel guilty after the company has trained me and worked with me for almost two weeks but I am so miserable, any suggestions or advice of what to do? ...

How Hard Is It To Realize That Even Thogh I Am At Home, I"M WORKING!!
Jun 03, 2010

Sorry just had to let it out...ty for listening to my scream lol ...

I Dont Get It
Mar 03, 2012

All the anger and bitterness is not going to make your situation go away or change anything. If people are unhappy, then they need to get to the root of the problem and fix it. Ultimately we as individuals have the power to determine what we will and will not stand for. So many are unhappy with their jobs and from what I can tell every company out there is pretty much the same. It does not matter where you work, if you have a bad manager/team lead/QA, then see about moving to a different r ...

I Dont
Mar 25, 2014

Numerous posts about being the highest producer in his/her region.  How many highest producers can there possibly be?  Is this by block?   ...

DONT GIVE UP
Feb 01, 2010

This board is sometimes so disheartening.  All of you new MTs, we are graduating from reputable schools, we are getting jobs and it is no different from any other occupation.  Times change, rules change, technology changes, but if we are not set in our ways and our not willing to grow, things will disappear.  We always blame everyone else, but maybe its time to look at the opportunities that do exist and concentrate on where we do want to be in 5 years or 10 years.  Peop ...

What Ever You Do..DONT Work For DIT!
Jul 18, 2010

Hi! Just wanted to give a general warning..please pass it on..it's up to us to stop these SCAMMERS! Worked briefly for DIT Transcription in NC, and caught on very fast! THIS IS A BOGUS COMPANY! They do NOT pay their MT's. Just work you till you catch on and keep promising you that "the check is in the mail". DONT BITE! Have a call into NC Atty Generals Office. Anyone have anymore stories or info as to how I recover the two grand they owe me, let me know. ...

Maybe The Difference Is Some Of Us Dont See Ourselves
Jan 22, 2011

treated as such. If you do nothing to change a bad situation, the bad situation will never change.  But I guess some, like my DS, thrive on the drama of poor me, I can do nothing to help myself, please feel sorry for me.  And others, like me, hate drama, hate being treated bad, and refuse to stand by and let it continue.  I will not let a MTSO rule my life to the point of draining my bank account, monopolizing my time and stomping on my self esteem. Why would I stay in a situation ...

In Other Words, Dont Go Anywhere
Oct 15, 2012

I Will Tell You What I Dont Love About
Nov 02, 2012

I really seriously cannot stand when the work volumes are low, having to bounce around from account to account, in and out of our own BOB. It is hard enough trying to juggle the multiple number of accounts and all of their demands in the profiles, but having to go into another BOB is just plain ridiculous. I made next to no money today, spent more time reading the 4 page profiles after each report because only twice in 5 hours did I have the same hospital. Didn't Amy say she was going to ...

Dont Forget To
Nov 02, 2012

Since our TSM hasn't (doesn't ever) reminded us, thought I would ...

I So Dont Want To Work
Sep 13, 2013

Losing PTO time had finally done it. We moved to the boonies in the 90s because I could work from home. Now no jobs around here w/o driving 150 miles a day. Just feeling defeated today :-( ...

Just A Question..seriously I Dont Know.
Dec 20, 2014

Has there ever been a union for transcriptionists?  I have never heard of one, but have often wondered if that would be beneficial.  I mean if the people want it..why not.  But I don't reallly know about how these unions and things work.  Maybe Ive watched too much TV, but it seems like back in the day when they had unions, nobody made a move without consulting the union.  The Teamsters...that is what I'm thinking of.  Again, It's just a memory to me ...

If We Dont Get Paid
Apr 16, 2015

I don't see how they can give us a critical error for DOS or other "errors" on the ADT or cc screens.  They should have to pay us back pay for all the crap we have filled in.  Just my vent this a.m. ...

I Dont Understand How Some Of You
Apr 30, 2015

Not only was I told it was mandatory, I was told you would be on PM if you didnt do it.  I have no clue how you get around that, or how its fair to the rest of us who actually do as they are told.   I need this job.  Its not a luxury to me.  I work my butt off, punch in on time, give 120% every day, and I come here to see all of you bragging how you havent done even an hour!  I cannot fathom how you take those kind of gambles with your employment, or how you square that ...

Dont Clock Out Or Locked Out?
Apr 07, 2010

So, now if we have to go to the bathroom or some other thing that pulls away from the computer, we dont clock out otherwise we will be locked out for the shift?  What, it is no big thing anymore if we are on the clock but doing something else?  Doesnt that defeat MQ purpose of getting the work done.  If I get locked out, I cant finish my shift so they cant get all the work done.  Its okay for me, I will have a free afternoon, LOL, but it hurts MQ turn around time.  This& ...

Dont Waste Your Time Trying To Fix ASR
Apr 17, 2012

One instance I sent something in and THEY spelled it wrong and blamed us for spelling it wrong in the reports..the rest of them I get,,, "I checked and there is nothing in the system for that to be happening...the MTs are doing it wrong so that ASR is picking it up and making it print out that way"  perhaps your manager needs to send out a message...Well if you mark it NEVER to capitalize then it should never capitalize and even if they are right how come on one report the stuff is capped a ...

Really Doc Dont You Know We Hear Your Mutterings
Jan 04, 2013

End of report I hear " Jesus Christ, Im not gonna do this care..F__ it yes I will..S__t I dont care. No I wont." Really so professional by a psych doc yet ...

I Was In The North Region, Dont Know Where
Jan 04, 2014

wherever it is, there is no work. Just had some free time to post... ...