A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can your expanders in DQS be moved to another platform. nm - PAMT

Posted: Nov 30, 2012

nm

Yes they can. You just copy the file and save sm - ex-MQer

[ In Reply To ..]
to your desk top. Now depending on the software for it to go into, that particular software may not let you import it but I would save the file nonetheless for the future.

If your's is saved on the mainframe, hoever, you would have to get them to send you the file and then they would want to know why you want it.

I was lucky and got out of there only after I got the file emailed to me with instructions.

Hope this helps.

Similar Messages:

M*Modal - Drop In Their Pay Since Being Moved To This Platform?
Sep 01, 2010

I wondered if anyone has noticed a drop in their pay since being moved to this platform?  I am being paid an hourly wage in order for the system to learn my accounts and also until it starts coming in as text and we get our speed up, but I have noticed about a 200 to 300 dollar drop in my pay.  Anyone else experience this with this crappy platform?  ...

If You've Been Moved To A New Account
Nov 16, 2009

You don't know who the managers are, or even what division is falls under, and the old managers don't have a clue, how does one escalate to find out? MTQuestions? Tossed to the wolves here..but hey hey, I still have work! LOL. Slowly losing my mind on trying to get answers while restructuring in in progress. I've learned too much from the past that patience is not always a virtue. Things get lost in the shuffle. Anyone ever had this happen to them? Any suggestions. ...

S/l Moved Into The 3 To 4 Position
Nov 14, 2010

the tibial plateau and the femoral condyle. There was no meniscal injury on this side.Moving to the notch, there was significant synovitis and some loose bodies. We then moved into the ______________ position and entered the lateral compartment. Wesaw a meniscal tear at the posterolateral corner and there were also loose bodies in   s/l he is saying into the 3 to 4 position. ...

Hardly Moved Out Of Chair
Dec 09, 2010

1410 lines for $87.  I can really hook up my family with the Christmas presents on that.  Bah Humbug. ...

Who Moved My Cheese?-
Apr 22, 2011

I have been reading the posts of many of the unhappy MTs on this board for some time now. Seems like for those of you are happy in your present situation, so many others are just about at their "wits" in theirs. It is very sad I think to see an industry that seemed so lucrative, where you earned a decent wage for what you did, you were happy with what you did and you "loved" what you were doing. It has been rather a tough year for me. I have been out of work over a year now and there are so ma ...

Moved To Main
May 27, 2011

.  ...

Has Anyone Else Heard They Are Getting Moved
Dec 14, 2012

to a new BOB and new supervisor?  Does not make any sense, except won't make any money as have to learn all new accounts. ...

Moved To DSP After Only 1 Week...Yay :)
May 20, 2013

I really like it here. ...

Anybody Getting Moved To New Accounts/CSM?
Jul 22, 2013

NM ...

Account Moved To India?
Jul 07, 2011

I saw somewhere that more accounts were moving to India on July 1.  Did that include a huge NY account including clinics that went through a large in-house audit about 2 months ago?   ...

Patient's Report Moved Me To Tears
Apr 14, 2015

Have you ever had a patient's report bring you to absolute tears?  I've been doing this for nearly 9 years and this if the first time this has happended...wondering if this job is really starting to get the best of me?  ...

Termination For Using Expanders?
Nov 06, 2009

Did anyone get the message today that using expanders over 75 characters will result in immediate termination? ...

Question About Expanders For VR.
Aug 13, 2010

Can someone suggest a "free" text expander for VR.  I've seen some around on the internet, but as far as which one would be a little better than the other?  I'd love to get Shorthand for Windows, but the truth of the matter with my very meager check I'm getting now on VR, there is not much leftover, if any, to spend on buying software.  Let's put it this way, I'd love to get the Ferrari, but the reality is that I can only afford the Pinto or the Yugo right ...

Question About Expanders
May 13, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 5 years now.  I have never used an expander yet, but I am just wondering about them.  I think that if I were to use an expander, I would be way too paranoid about it and it would end up taking longer double checking than if I were to just type the whole sentence or paragraph out myself.  My question is this:  What kind of expanders do you use and does it really cut down on the time for each report?  Are there any easy littl ...

Who Has The Best Word Expanders?
Oct 04, 2012

Who has the best expanders and compatible with most transcription programs including Meditech, etc?  Shortcut, Shorthand, or InstantText Pro 7?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

MediSoft And Expanders
Nov 18, 2012

Are there any expander programs that work within MediSoft?   One of my doctors is switching to this software, and while I'm happy to be included in the transition rather than kicked to the curb, I will miss the heavy assist I get from Word AutoText and AutoCorrect. The guy who gave me the 15-minute mini-training said no expanders would work with MediSoft, but that was after finally getting him to understand I was not asking about spell-check... so I'm not sure he even knew what ...

Typing Expanders
Sep 07, 2013

Shorthand or SwiftText?  (Or maybe something else affordable.)  I need something that I can obtain a disc in case of reinstalling.  I just had to do a system restore and was using Instant Text Pro V 7.  Of course, there is no disc for this program.  As they described it, I was "renting" the program and would need to pay the full price again to reinstall on the same computer.  (A bunch of crap in my opinion, but what does my opinion matter to them?)  My Word Aut ...

Abbreviation Expanders
Jan 25, 2014

I've been using ShortCuts abbreviation expander (from Hawk Technologies) at work for YEARS and was hoping to be able to purchase the program for use at home.  When I searched for the company, though, I found that they may have gone out of business some time ago.  Does anyone know if another company bought them out?  If so, I'm hopeful they will still have the ShorCuts program available.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Word Expanders
Sep 26, 2014

I am looking into getting a word expander that will work on any program on the computer that I use for work, such as specialized company sites, etc.  Is there one?  I use auto correct in Word presently.  Feel free to let me know of any, how you like it, the cost, etc.  Thanks!!! ...

Word Expanders What You Use?
Oct 08, 2014

I am just starting out and curious what you guys use for word expanders. I have looked at a few by searching phrases like word expander and text expander in Google. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.   Thanks, ...

Question For Transcenders Whose Acct Has Moved From BS To BeyondText
Feb 09, 2011

Once your primary moved to the new platform, did you still have access to Bayscribe to work on your secondaries when work was low?  And were you told there were certain requirements you must meet in order to move with your account to BeyondText? ...

I Got Moved To Fluency Canada And Can't Figure Out How To Cap After Period
May 21, 2013

Can anyone tell me? There fluency help doesn't work.  Ugh.  ...

Help!!!! I Accidentally Turned Expanders Off!!!
Nov 19, 2009

I cannot find anything on this junk desk!!!!!  Please help!!! ...

Word Expanders Question - Sm
Feb 23, 2010

I'm using Express Editor and I don't like the ESP that comes with it as it limits what you can do, and my expander in Microsoft Word will not work with this program. Anyone using the same platform have any good programs that will work? TIA. ...

I Need Good Shorthand Expanders
Nov 15, 2010

Can anyone tell me where to find a good expansion glossary/file/list or whatever you call it for Shorthand that will cover acute care/hospital/operative reports?  I have Shorthand 8.  I really need to speed up.  How do you use commands in Shorthand?  Thanks in advance ...

Transcend Word Expanders
May 26, 2011

Do they provide a word expander for you or are you required to purchase your own?  Some companies act like it is a luxury item rather than a necessity anymore. TIA ...

Word Expanders On Disc?
Dec 04, 2012

Is it possible to get a word expander (Shorthand, etc) on disc instead of just download?  I don't have much faith in the security of downloading what is basically already a key-logger from a website that seems a little shady.  Thanks! ...

Expanders That Work With Bayscribe, Anyone?
Jul 22, 2013

Thank you in advance. ...

Oh Great. TSM Moved So Many People To 1 Day On My Shift, I Was Told To Change!
Sep 20, 2013

She demanded schedule changes of all M-F MTs because of end-of-the-week/weekend TAT problems. I wasn't concerned because my entire schedule is for those troublesome days. Now I get an email that she moved too many people to my shift, and she wants me to change!!????? It is so frustrating working here on so many levels. I can't wait until I finish school and will be out of here! ...

Am I Being A Jerk, Or Is Anyone Else Annoyed The MM Coding Stuff Was Moved To This Board?
Mar 22, 2014

I've already been through school with Andrews and am getting ready to start the transition ICD-10 course, and I honestly don't mean to be a jerk about M modal.  I do feel badly for the MTs there, but I don't see why all the MM coding talk couldn't have just stayed with the MM side of the board.  Anyone else feel the same? ...