A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are you guys making up the time from today - whodat

Posted: Nov 11, 2013

or did some one say we will be compensated for this?   Just wondering because it is past time for me to get off and I am so tired, not sure I can work much longer. 

made up my time - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to make up about 40 minutes when the system crashed. I just decided to make it up at the end of my shift to get it done and over with. I wish there was a clear policy that I knew of that addresses issues like this.

Downtime pay - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
There is, and it's called MModal Technical Downtime. It's on the MModal Intranet under Departments, Human Resources, Policies. In the bottom right-hand corner, click on Downtime Pay.

If we miss time because of THEIR failure - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They have to compensate us. I wouldn't and didn't make up a second. Signed out, submitted a ticket to Remedy, signed back on as soon as the system was up. The TSMs or whatever they call them this week were fully aware the system was down, I got the emails.

Similar Messages:

How Have You Guys Been Handling NJA And Making Up Time? Sm
Nov 12, 2013

Fortunately I haven't been running out BUT I was denied (once again) Christmas and New Years off.  Not too concerned about New Years but I host Christmas and will have to work till 2:00 in the afternoon.  My family will open gifts at the crack of dawn so I can start my shift and my hubby will bring my breakfast into the office for me to eat while (or if) I'm working.  Last year I had probably less than 5 jobs in 2 hours and called it a day and that was okay....last year. ...

How Many Of You Gals And Guys OOW Today??
Sep 03, 2014

It's a broken record "things are slow, it will pick up"....... ...

What Do You Guys Think Is An Appropriate Amount Of Time For Research For A Report?
Oct 14, 2009

For say a syndrome, a drug, a doctor's name/address, facility name/address, etc.?  If I think I can hear the dictation correctly I do spend an extended amount of time because I KNOW I can find it.  However, if it is ify as to what I am hearing or the spellings could be a dozen different things, I ususally send to QA because if I am not sure - it's probably going to end up to QA anyway.  I NEVER look up a doctor's name if the first name is not dictate ...

Im Making Up Hours Today
Jan 12, 2013

Amazing how you get so used to garbage and then get new garbage and cant make heads or tails out of it..never again!!! ...

Nuance Making A Last Pitch For Hire On TODAY
Nov 03, 2014

are they stocking the stables in anticipation of a mass exodus? ...

Making Up Down Time?
Feb 25, 2014

Mgr says to make it up, I thought we got paid for downtime.  ...

No Making Up Time Unless Approved By TSM
Jun 11, 2015

My TSM told us to not make up for NSA outside of our shift unless we touch base with her first to make sure all shifts have access to work. I know work is slim around the clock, but hoping this will even things out a bit.  Wondering how she is going to make sure some people aren't still booking in lines off their shift. Have to hope it helps. ...

Making Up Time Because Of Power Outage
Dec 27, 2009

Is anyone else in the same boat as me,  I have been without power now for a full total of 6 days.  4 straight days, then off and on.  Then Christmas Day and day after Christmas.   How to make this up I don't know....  Impossible.   Anyway I do the best I can and keep on plugging even in the face of adversity.   I had bad dreams last night I was constantly running from the mafia hit bosses who had my name and my family on a hit list.   Not a pleasant d ...

MY YAHOO Making Me Sign In Every Time
Jun 19, 2010

Suddenly now I have to sign in every time all day long on My Yahoo, even though the box is checked to keep me signed in for two weeks.  Anyone know how to fix this?  It's a PIA to keep signing in over & over.     No reply from Yahoo when I wrote them (surprise, suprise!) ...

Making The Switch To Full Time
Dec 11, 2012

may have to switch to full time from part time, even though I dread it.  hard enough to get my lines on part time.  anyhow, need more money.   i know we can only make the switch once a year but can't remember what month we can do this.  also, if I switch to full time now can I still get in on the health insurance or do I have to wait until next year at enrollment time again?  thanks for any help. ...

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

I Got Cut To Part Time Today
Mar 23, 2010

For the last 6 weeks, my company has not had radiology work coming in to be able to get the required line count.  We have had discussions on this, even trained for several accounts, etc...  Yesterday I got an e-mail explaining that because I did not meet the line count for the pay period that I was cut off of all my benefits and now part time.  The company boasts on the main page about how they have over double the amount of offshore MTs than stateside, this makes me mad.  I ...

Had A Doc Today Who Said It Was His 1st Time Dictating...sm
Aug 18, 2010

and if there was any problem with the dictation to please feel free to call him on his cell phone......and he was clear to boot.  At the end of the report he said, "thank you for your patience while I work on figuring out this dictation system."  ...

Trying SmarType For The 1st Time Today
Mar 07, 2013

My first adventure with a word expander (besides auto correct/auto expand) so I can't figure out if I'm more apprehensive or more excited...Crossing my fingers as I start my shift that SmarType is as great as I've heard it is and really a valuable tool! ...

Time Cards Today?
Dec 22, 2014

So how are everyone's time cards looking for last week?  Has anyone had an improved line rate or are things still looking dismal? ...

Hey Yall Today Was My First Day Part Time With VR
Aug 12, 2010

nm ...

Do We Get Paid Time And A Half Today?
Jul 04, 2012

Can't remember ...

Today's Scare From OTI -- If You Don't Request Your Time Off
Dec 19, 2013

in the proper manner, you won't be considered for any of the new, exciting, lower paying jobs they offer -- oh no! LOL In reality, I am so tired of dealing with the low work/no work situation and the out and out rudeness of the A's, I really do not care anymore. ...

Help With Ulnar Gutter Splint - Having A Time Today! SM
Jun 02, 2011

Closure was carried out with 2-0 nylon horizontal mattress sutures.  The patient tolerated the procedure well.  There were no complications.  A s/l "bulgie dealings" ulnar gutter splint was applied. ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

How Often You Guys Have To Buy New Keyboard
Jun 10, 2011

I was just curious as to how often you guys have to buy new keyboards.  Seems like mine are biting the dust more often these days.  TIA.  ...

You Guys Have Inspired Me.
Mar 07, 2012

Well, it's time to go, guys. I'm saying goodbye. After 11 years in this field, I've enrolled in paralegal training. Like a lot of you, I figured transcription would get me through my working years with a home-based job and a decent wage that I could live on. Not so anymore. I still have a good job with a hospital, where my bosses claim outsourcing will never happen. Yeah, sure it won't. I went ahead and enrolled in school while I still have a decent income and the heart to le ...

You Guys Will Never Believe This ASR Mistake
Sep 13, 2012

This ASR mistake was so perfect that it is unbelievable.  It's so unbelievable that I would never have put it on here unless it was for real.  Dictated:  "M-H-C-L, all in caps" ASR:  MT agency hell hole  ...

What Do You Guys Do When A VR Report Is
Oct 02, 2013

I mean wrong as in, there will be a long run of sentences in which VR doesn't get a single word right.  I don't know WHY, because this speaker happens to speak very clearly at a decent speed and with no background noise.   Do you guys just delete everything and retype?  Do you ask your TL to be compensated as straight transcription when that happens?  Or do you make every single correction as you go along (which happens to take about 395 years to do). Also, I' ...

I've Noticed Some Of You Guys Saying That
Feb 04, 2015

backup account or an unfamiliar account when you run out of work on your primary.  Are we allowed to do this?  I would rather stick my primary and flex my time to a later time or even not at all if possible.  I don't want to risk getting below 99% (which I still sometimes do even on my familiar primary account, but I know it would happen on my backup account, which is unfamilar to me, rarely work in it).   But I thought if we ran out of work we had to immediate ...

Are You Guys In North Getting Work?
Feb 15, 2010

I haven't seen any NJA posts for ages.  I had no work Sunday night or tonight, and I have no-India accounts! ...