A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What do you guys do when a VR report is - 80% completely wrong?

Posted: Oct 02, 2013

I mean wrong as in, there will be a long run of sentences in which VR doesn't get a single word right.  I don't know WHY, because this speaker happens to speak very clearly at a decent speed and with no background noise.  

Do you guys just delete everything and retype?  Do you ask your TL to be compensated as straight transcription when that happens?  Or do you make every single correction as you go along (which happens to take about 395 years to do).

Also, I'm tempted to leave a note in the pending section. Something like, "VR is not functioning properly." Maybe the client will see it and tell Nuance that their software is...um...subpar.

Just 1 sentence from this report:

Although she had a small short margins showed a dosage of 12 and iron.

is *supposed* to be 

We are still not certain why she had such a drop in her iron.

And this sentence is not even as bad as others.  At least it got the word "iron" right at the end.  I mean really--this passes as acceptable software?  What the hell am I supposed to do here? It would be funny if it weren't affecting my income! 

Been there, done that.... - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
When it's that bad it's usually easier to just delete the crud and retype it. I then send the line rate request to the team lead which in my case has been receptive and responsive to it. If they didn't answer me before the end of payroll in your case I'd take it to the COM, then personnel if you don't get paid on the same paycheck because they ignore you.

I've also had that happen a few different - times...

[ In Reply To ..]
The first time it happened I retyped it, sent it through, sent an email to my supervisor telling her I had to retype it and that I thought I should be paid the ST rate. I got told I should have sent it to QA so they could verify that. So, the second time it happened, I retyped it, sent it to QA with a note to review it, sent an email to my supervisor advising her of such, never heard one word back and did not get compensated for it. The third and every subsequent time it has happened, I've sent the report right back to the pool. I am not going to waste my time if I'm not going to get paid for it.

I hear that! - They put it in the "too hard" pile

[ In Reply To ..]
On my primary we have dictators "dictating for" an author and sometimes they don't even identify themselves and are not in the system.

What does the ISR do? It uses the author's profile.

Even though he is a good dictator and the women who "dictate for" him are good as well, the ISR author profile is based on one person's particular phrases they use and voice profile NOT those "dictating for."

So the whole thing is basically a fraud, i.e. it should NOT be ISR OR they should get their own author profiles and we should NOT be getting paid half the rate for ISR when it is based on a different author's profile.

I have wasted endless time asking first tech, who explained to me about the profile thing, but trying to get the facility to change their habits is not their job.

Then of course the endless emails to TSM and account liaison, who asked I keep making notes and sending them emails with job numbers, time consuming and which I received reassurances they were "working on it" of which has come nothing after more than a year.

I completely feel it is okay to throw these ones back, especially after banging your head against that particular brick wall and receiving nothing definitive.

I guess they just want you to ignore it or go away so they don't have to take the client to task or devise a better system so no one could "dictate for" when it is ISR. It is pretty infuriating actually.

Funny how if they suddenly got half their pay for some work because nobody knows what to do with it, that would not be acceptable, just like if they made an error and got 3 months no "bonus" that would not be acceptable, but with us anonymous drones, I guess it's acceptable.

Personally, when I get one of these I first check to see how messed up the ISR is and if it is too messed up I throw it back, but if okay I just type it because I can't be bothered.

Can you pew hens tell me what you would do in this circumstance, whereby I tried my hardest to explain to them there should be a way we are not paid half price for ISR that is geared to a certain profile and someone else is dictating and they agreed, yet nothing?

When this kind of thing happens, I don't really consider it throwing it back, just "I really need a break right now" time.

Is it a new author or maybe an incorrect author? - I have had those

[ In Reply To ..]
And you just wonder why you can hear it and why can't the ISR?

The tech people explained to me that every author has an ISR profile based on their voice and their peculiarities, so I guess if they are new it takes a while to build it up and if they are dictating under the wrong author the ISR will be using that author's profile, which if that is the case even if you change the author the ISR has already done the text based on the author profile they had.

Speech Wreck - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
I complete job and e-mail my TSM with job number and request to be paid at straight transcription rate. She always responds positively and makes sure I get those lines compensated at the higher typing rate.

Similar Messages:

What Do You Guys Think Is An Appropriate Amount Of Time For Research For A Report?
Oct 14, 2009

For say a syndrome, a drug, a doctor's name/address, facility name/address, etc.?  If I think I can hear the dictation correctly I do spend an extended amount of time because I KNOW I can find it.  However, if it is ify as to what I am hearing or the spellings could be a dozen different things, I ususally send to QA because if I am not sure - it's probably going to end up to QA anyway.  I NEVER look up a doctor's name if the first name is not dictate ...

Do You Guys Report Errors In "job Search" Feature
Aug 11, 2012

In an OP note, someone put DRAINS: 40 to gravity   Should be FOLEY!!!   How are people not audited on this stuff??? Do you all report this or just ignore it? ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

How Often You Guys Have To Buy New Keyboard
Jun 10, 2011

I was just curious as to how often you guys have to buy new keyboards.  Seems like mine are biting the dust more often these days.  TIA.  ...

You Guys Have Inspired Me.
Mar 07, 2012

Well, it's time to go, guys. I'm saying goodbye. After 11 years in this field, I've enrolled in paralegal training. Like a lot of you, I figured transcription would get me through my working years with a home-based job and a decent wage that I could live on. Not so anymore. I still have a good job with a hospital, where my bosses claim outsourcing will never happen. Yeah, sure it won't. I went ahead and enrolled in school while I still have a decent income and the heart to le ...

You Guys Will Never Believe This ASR Mistake
Sep 13, 2012

This ASR mistake was so perfect that it is unbelievable.  It's so unbelievable that I would never have put it on here unless it was for real.  Dictated:  "M-H-C-L, all in caps" ASR:  MT agency hell hole  ...

I've Noticed Some Of You Guys Saying That
Feb 04, 2015

backup account or an unfamiliar account when you run out of work on your primary.  Are we allowed to do this?  I would rather stick my primary and flex my time to a later time or even not at all if possible.  I don't want to risk getting below 99% (which I still sometimes do even on my familiar primary account, but I know it would happen on my backup account, which is unfamilar to me, rarely work in it).   But I thought if we ran out of work we had to immediate ...

Are You Guys In North Getting Work?
Feb 15, 2010

I haven't seen any NJA posts for ages.  I had no work Sunday night or tonight, and I have no-India accounts! ...

You Guys Are Unbelievable. For Months You
Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes lat ...

Did You Guys Know Dell, Inc Was Into Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

At first, I thought it was just a company named Dell, but then was redirected to the Dell website. ...

What Do You Guys Do With A Verbatim Acct When Doc
Feb 26, 2011

clearly dictates a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  Just sort of an open-ended sentence, not even a fragment?  I'm trying so hard to keep the blanks down, which my % is really okay, but I'm finding more and more that these docs are just not making any sense and the mistakes are getting ridiculous!!!  Maybe they are texting when they are dictating........Anyhow, do you just type what they say and send it off or do you mark it for QA? ...

OK I Trust You Guys So Much, I Just Ordered
Mar 14, 2011

OK, What Do You Guys Do When You Consistently Run Out Of Work? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

This is getting crazy now.  I'm clocking in and out so many times in a day that I spend more time doing that than actually working.  I show up for my shift and am available to work my entire shift but with no work and no pay.  I've been trying UI in between running out of work but can't get through.  I need the money; please don't get wrong about that, BUT I also have other things going on and alot of it, and I don't have the time most days to make th ...

What Do You Guys Usually Do When There Is No Work During Your Shift? Sm
Jun 20, 2012

I've been checking every 10 to 15 minutes for the past 2.5 hours with only 1 report during that time.  Of course I punched out.  I do not like spending my day this way and it is foolish to be doing this and not getting paid.  It's also difficult to work after my shift on some days as I have other commitments and also a family to take care of.  It's stressful enough not having work and earning money but I get so stressed with feeling like I have to sit here and ...

An Mmodal MT. You Guys Have Work??
Dec 30, 2012

WE HAVE HARDLY ANY WORK at Mmodal.  Quite a few of us have $70.00 paychecks for a 2 week period which does not pay for the electric or cable bills.  Mmodal says it is slow because of the holidays...  Oh really, well holidays do not run for 3 months in a row.  I have dictators stating the hospital beds are full and ER wait time for patients are over 6 hours because of too many patients being seen.  Yet, Mmodal says we are slow and have low volume because of the holidays. ...

How In The World Do You Guys Manage Here?
May 09, 2014

Specs for each account that seem completely random, pulled out of someone's  ****, and it's always some small problem constantly.   I spend more time checking specs than I do typing.  I'll never get off QA at this rate.  I would probably like the account if I could get past all this picky this, that and the other.  Date of service or appointment is wrong,  then you don't get a template pulled in and have to type it all by hand???   ...

How Many Of You Gals And Guys OOW Today??
Sep 03, 2014

It's a broken record "things are slow, it will pick up"....... ...

What Light Do You Guys Keep Talking About??
Dec 15, 2014

No clue.  ...

Don't You Guys Remember A Few Years Ago When We Got A Letter
Nov 13, 2009

from the then CEO thanking us for our hard work?  He said there would be no MQ without the MTs, blah, blah, blah (it happened around MT week).  A few weeks later we got our first pay cut. Now that's appreciation! IMO, something's up!  Hold onto your shorts!  ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...

Kinda Left You Guys Hanging - Sorry
Apr 10, 2010

Hi, guys.  I told you a little while back that I was canned by the Q back at the end of Feb and within about 4-5 found another company.  They are WONDERFUL!  We are sent frequent updates of new openings every time they take on new clients and we can switch to whichever client we which - it lists the client, days of week and house required for such client.  If nothing appeals to you but you want to work for this company, you can take the job and wait for something to open up. ...

You Guys Are Brilliant. Got The Sennheiser Headphones
Mar 17, 2011

I started with the 201's (cheap) and they are still pretty darn good.  Did block out some of the noise in my house during Spring Break!!!! Sound is very acceptable.  When I get my next BONUS, I will go with the more expensive Pro model (yeah I am dreaming now).   ...

Are You Guys Still Using The Schedule Source, Or Whatever It Was Called?
Feb 07, 2012

I quit right before that was fully in effect.  Just wondering how it is.  Do you have to arrange for someone to fill in for you to take a PTO day?   Also are you guys using the M-Modal software or are you still on DQS?   I escaped MedQuist, but I've been re-bought   :(     ...

Glad I Found You Guys, MT To CPC Question
Mar 28, 2012

I'm so glad this board is here.  I have been an MT for 19 years.  I'm trying to break into the coding field.  I have worked around medical records for my entire career, first med records job (I know it's not called that any more) in 1979.  Then I worked in a hospital clinical area, then as an MT for 19 years while my kids were at home.  I would like to translate this experience into a coding position.  In my MT work, I have mostly done acute care wor ...

Guys, WHY Are People Across Our Country And Around The Planet
May 01, 2012

Don't think today was that big? When was the last time this happened? This is remarkable, and it is the beginning because it has to be. International business has institutionalized exploitation and ruthless profiteering to the point that there has to be change. Notice that other countries are no longer willing to be where companies go to pay pennies instead of dollars? This is good! This is something BIG building. Look for quiet ways to take a stand now and plan to find a way to build our ...

Can You Guys Make Any Money With M*Modal
Sep 02, 2012

How are the benefits, health insurance, paid time off, vacation, etc.  Thanks ...