A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do we get paid time and a half today? - ginger

Posted: Jul 04, 2012

Can't rememberTongue out

did they change our holiday pay from time and a half to - half of PTO pay?

[ In Reply To ..]
For some reason, I thought they changed our Holiday Pay from being time and a half of our line rate to taking our regular PTO pay and dividing that in half. Does anyone know?

Found a search where someone said - NYs Day, MemDay,IndDay,LabDay,TG,Xmas - So Yes! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

See message about holiday pay. - buddymt

[ In Reply To ..]
This is on MMODAL INTRANET/FORMERLY MQCENTRAL.

Holiday Pay

Q. Do MTs get paid for holidays?

A. MTs do not receive holiday time. If an MT works on one of the six holidays listed below, they receive holiday compensation of 1.5 times their base rate for all work completed that day. The holidays that apply for this compensation include: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

Hope this helps.

WOW--1-1/2 times the line count for the 2 reports I've had in 1-1/2 hours - MTGrandma

[ In Reply To ..]
been out of work for 20 minutes, just sent Remedy NJA and now I am out of here :) And I am supposedly in a pool with dozens of facilities, but was not allowed to take the day off because of the worry of understaffing....Geez
holiday pay - nan
[ In Reply To ..]
You get your lineage plus time and a half of your base rate. If you base rate is $10.00 an hour, you get 15.00 an hour plus any lineage you make that day times how many hours you work. Even if there is miniscule work,if you are on and waiting, you should make your 1-1/2 times rate.

They still come out ahead....sm - Morgan

[ In Reply To ..]
They are only paying us half the line rate we made back in the 80's (.10 c per GROSS line), so by paying us time and a half they still profit.

Similar Messages:

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

And I Get Paid Half For This?
Sep 11, 2013

Dictated: and if he does okay, will send him home. ASR: he had a dislocation of the long pants array. So close ASR, so close!! American doctor, no accent, clear as day. But thanks for trying If it was an occasional thing, I could understand but seems to be getting worse rather then better. ...

Are We Paid Lines-and-a-half For Good Friday?
Apr 18, 2014

x ...

Is Today One Of The Line And A Half Rate Holidays?
Jan 21, 2013

I've been searching the MModal website and cannot find the list of holidays that pay rate and a half. ...

Holiday Pay...isn't Time And A Half Or Is It? Sm
Dec 03, 2014

Please explain someone. I am not getting time and a half from their calculations. By law it has to be. From my calculations and comparing to the old method, it is not time and a half. I'm very concerned with this. ...

New Years Day Time And A Half Pay?
Jan 01, 2015

is today time and a half pay?  holiday pay? ...

Is Veterans Day A Holiday We Get Time-and-a-half For?
Nov 11, 2010

I can never find anything on MQ Central!  Thanks. ...

Is 4th Of July A Time And A Half Holiday?
Jul 03, 2013

Just wondering ...

Anyone Get Paid From SS Today?
Sep 07, 2012

Did anyone get paid today (Friday, 09/07) from SS?  Just had trouble with time sheet (my fault) had to make adjustments and was wondering if that might have delayed my individual pay.  They have 5 business days, but usually pay early.  They are a good company and a great fit for me. Have worked > 2 yrs. Have great PM.  Just wondering if I need to contact PR, or if they just needed the 5 business day this payperiod.  Am thankful for all the early paydays.  ...

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

I Did Not Get Paid Today... Any Experience With This
Mar 23, 2012

I have worked here since the 28th of Feb and expected to be paid today.  No check in the mail.  I am really worried that I won't get paid.  I tried to sign into ultipro and it said no account made for me.  Does this mean I am not in payroll? Also, it says in the employee handbook it takes up to 2 pay cycles for direct deposit to take effect.  If the next pay is the 6th and I still get a paper check I may be evicted by the time it gets here.  I am extremely co ...

Has Anyone Yet Been Paid By TransTech? Should Have Been Today. Nm
May 27, 2014

. ...

Anyone Working For Keystrokes Get Paid Today? Nm
Feb 04, 2013

. ...

So.........corporate Offices Are Closed Today. Bet They Are Paid For It And NOT From Their PTO.
Jan 20, 2014

x ...

Anyone Else Not Getting Paid On Time??
Dec 14, 2009

I wonder how some people sleep at night!!!! ...

NSA And Paid Time Off...
May 18, 2012

So, is it legal for nuance to use our "paid time off" because of NSA?? I did not approve or request to use my available paid time off.    This really is not right!! ...

As An IC, Is It Really An Option To Get Paid On Time?
Nov 05, 2009

I'm just curious. I have worked as an IC and an employee. With the last job I took as an IC, I remember in the interview the woman speaking with me said "and the woman you'll be working for always pays on time." At the time, I thought that was rather odd. I mean, why would someone need to say that? Of course I get paid on time. Just like they expect their work done on time. Well it was a huge red flag that I ignored, because then on 4 different occasions over the next 10 months I didn& ...

My CCM Says We Have Not Been Paid For Headers All This Time
Sep 13, 2010

but I could absolutely swear I have an email from her ages ago that said we were.  I may spend some of my vacation going through my 350,000 MQ emails to find this. Does anyone really know.  If we weren't; I'm really PO'd I spent any time on them. ...

How Much Are We Paid For Technical Down Time
Jul 14, 2012

I've looked on the website and cant find this info ...

Why Are We Not Paid For Time Spent Waiting For A Job?
Mar 29, 2013

I saw this on the Nuance board. What am I missing here? It really looks like, according to the Dept of Labor, that we should be paid at least minimum wage for our time waiting for a job to pop up, and not just a lousy 15 mins per day. See the section under "waiting time." http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm ...

You Cannot Request Time Off Unless You Have Paid Leave
May 01, 2013

It seems to be that it might be illegal to say you cannot request time off unless you have paid leave.  Does anyone know this?  This Nuance company is really awful now it seems to me anyway.  I do not plan to stay here long, too many changes since the takeover.  Bad changes.  ...

Do We Get Paid Our Full Hourly Rate For Down Time
Jan 12, 2013

Do we get paid our full hourly rate for down time? ...

Where Do I Find Info On 15 Minutes Paid Time For NJA?
May 26, 2014

Our group ran out of work today, and it has been a while since that happened, and I don't remember the protocol for getting paid the 15 minutes.    Would someone be kind enough to refer me to where I can read the instructions, or post them?  Thanks for your help. ...

Shift Differential Is Paid If You Work 4-12 Eastern Time
Dec 22, 2013

Just recently started with Nuance and am in Pacific Time. Can anyone tell me if the shift differential is paid if you work 4-12 Eastern time or is it paid based on you working actually 4-12 in your time zone? Thanks ...

I Got Cut To Part Time Today
Mar 23, 2010

For the last 6 weeks, my company has not had radiology work coming in to be able to get the required line count.  We have had discussions on this, even trained for several accounts, etc...  Yesterday I got an e-mail explaining that because I did not meet the line count for the pay period that I was cut off of all my benefits and now part time.  The company boasts on the main page about how they have over double the amount of offshore MTs than stateside, this makes me mad.  I ...

Had A Doc Today Who Said It Was His 1st Time Dictating...sm
Aug 18, 2010

and if there was any problem with the dictation to please feel free to call him on his cell phone......and he was clear to boot.  At the end of the report he said, "thank you for your patience while I work on figuring out this dictation system."  ...

Trying SmarType For The 1st Time Today
Mar 07, 2013

My first adventure with a word expander (besides auto correct/auto expand) so I can't figure out if I'm more apprehensive or more excited...Crossing my fingers as I start my shift that SmarType is as great as I've heard it is and really a valuable tool! ...

Time Cards Today?
Dec 22, 2014

So how are everyone's time cards looking for last week?  Has anyone had an improved line rate or are things still looking dismal? ...

Hey Yall Today Was My First Day Part Time With VR
Aug 12, 2010

nm ...

Are You Guys Making Up The Time From Today
Nov 11, 2013

or did some one say we will be compensated for this?   Just wondering because it is past time for me to get off and I am so tired, not sure I can work much longer.  ...