A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Trying SmarType for the 1st time today - Wish me luck!

Posted: Mar 07, 2013

My first adventure with a word expander (besides auto correct/auto expand) so I can't figure out if I'm more apprehensive or more excited...Crossing my fingers as I start my shift that SmarType is as great as I've heard it is and really a valuable tool!

You'll love it! - Shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
I was heartbroken when it wasn't compatible with DQS. I was spoiled in that it not only gives you the words you add, but follows along with everything you type.

Smartype's Compatibility with Transcription Platforms - Joe Weber

[ In Reply To ..]
Smartype is designed to work with all Windows and Web-based software. Please email me directly at joeweber@alum.mit.edu, so I can see if we can get it functioning with your DQS.

Similar Messages:

I Got Cut To Part Time Today
Mar 23, 2010

For the last 6 weeks, my company has not had radiology work coming in to be able to get the required line count.  We have had discussions on this, even trained for several accounts, etc...  Yesterday I got an e-mail explaining that because I did not meet the line count for the pay period that I was cut off of all my benefits and now part time.  The company boasts on the main page about how they have over double the amount of offshore MTs than stateside, this makes me mad.  I ...

Had A Doc Today Who Said It Was His 1st Time Dictating...sm
Aug 18, 2010

and if there was any problem with the dictation to please feel free to call him on his cell phone......and he was clear to boot.  At the end of the report he said, "thank you for your patience while I work on figuring out this dictation system."  ...

Time Cards Today?
Dec 22, 2014

So how are everyone's time cards looking for last week?  Has anyone had an improved line rate or are things still looking dismal? ...

Hey Yall Today Was My First Day Part Time With VR
Aug 12, 2010

nm ...

Do We Get Paid Time And A Half Today?
Jul 04, 2012

Can't remember ...

Are You Guys Making Up The Time From Today
Nov 11, 2013

or did some one say we will be compensated for this?   Just wondering because it is past time for me to get off and I am so tired, not sure I can work much longer.  ...

Today's Scare From OTI -- If You Don't Request Your Time Off
Dec 19, 2013

in the proper manner, you won't be considered for any of the new, exciting, lower paying jobs they offer -- oh no! LOL In reality, I am so tired of dealing with the low work/no work situation and the out and out rudeness of the A's, I really do not care anymore. ...

Help With Ulnar Gutter Splint - Having A Time Today! SM
Jun 02, 2011

Closure was carried out with 2-0 nylon horizontal mattress sutures.  The patient tolerated the procedure well.  There were no complications.  A s/l "bulgie dealings" ulnar gutter splint was applied. ...

Smartype - What To Use Instead?
Mar 02, 2011

I know this is probably reallyyy old, but I have been using Smartype for the past 10 years.  I now have a new job and they are loading Microsoft 2007 onto my computer and I cannot transfer Smartype into it as I guess this is a dinasour.  Can anyone please tell me what you are using insteady of Smartype?  Thanks so much! ...

Need 64 Bit Smartype
Jan 17, 2012

I need 64 bit smartype program, I have the 32 bit program but will not work with windows 7, not so happy about that, does any one have one or know how to get a copy?   ...

Smartype?
Nov 30, 2012

Is anyone using Smartype?  I used it back in the days of WP5.1.  Most of the windows expanders I've used have "stuttered."  Wondered if this one does, too. Tried several that where o=and f=for if I type "of" I get andfor Looking for something that works.  ...

SmarType Help, Please
Mar 08, 2013

I am just staring with SmarType and am having an issue whenever I use the word "he."  SmarType kept replacing "he" with "her," so I deleted "her" from the auto-option.  I thought that would fix the issue, but now it's replacing "he" with "heart," which is now the first auto-option word beginning with "h-e."   It's getting monotonous and time-consuming having to go back and correct this, as you can imagine. Has anyone else encountered this with SmarType and how did you ...

Smartype Editscript
Jul 27, 2010

I have read to many articles on MT stars to get my smartype to work with Editscript.  Last night it worked briefly but I would have the hit the spacebar and the type the first letter and then choose the expansion.  Then it did not work again.  There has to be a way for smartype to work with Editscript.  There is enought computer "wizards" that this probably could be resolved.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would hate to give up on this program number 1 i ...

Smartype And Inscribe
Mar 18, 2011

I have just accepted a position that uses Inscribe.  I have been using Smartype for 4 years on the account I work on in MS Word.  I've been searching for 2 days trying to find out if Smartype will work in Inscribe and have found next to nothing on the 2 programs together (lots of info for Inscribe alone and little on Smartype alone).  The company said they do not know if Smartype will work with Inscribe.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks in advance for any ...

In The New Version Of Smartype...
Jan 19, 2012

I downloaded the new version of Smartype, and I need to figure out how you get something not to expand like say if you type pm and it expands it but you don't want it to.  The older version you could type the word and press the shift key while pressing the spacebar and it would not expand, but it does not work that way on this version.  I have no idea how to change the hotkey from the spacebar either.  I have looked through the help pages and can't find it.  ...

Anyone Else Doing The Smartype 30-day Trial?
Jan 25, 2012

It does not look like my original Smartype.  There is only a suggestion box and no Smartline like I am used to, but I have adjusted the suggestion box and it's better.  I am getting used to it.  I like how fast it is. The vocabulary seems bigger, especially the phrases.  I'm going to spend some time importing my old ST entries this afternoon.  Overall I really like it and will likely purchase it with the current special. At least I can stop worrying about w ...

Smartype - Reviews On It ?
Jan 01, 2013

Considering buying Smartype. Looking for reviews on it. Thanks! ...

Stedman's Smartype
Apr 19, 2013

Hello.  I'm a Stedman's Smartype user (Version 5.1.2600.5512) on a Windows XP with Word 2002.  Wanting to get a new computer.  Will my version of Smartype (Copyright 2004) work with Windows 8/Office 365?  Thanks! ...

Speedtype Vs Smartype
Oct 16, 2013

Since the old Smartype does not support Windows 7 or 8, only XP, I bought the new (not Stedman's anymore) Smartype.  It is not very good at all.  I contacted Speedtype, which looked really great, similiar to the old Smartype (I can macro large blocks of text for OP reports) and spoke with the CEO!!! REALLY?? She was fabulous and told me there was a shortcut to get your old blocks of text into Speedtype without cutting and pasting.  I have not tried the 15 day trial period yet ...

Word 2003/Smartype
Jan 04, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a fix for Word 2003 to correct the compatibility issue with Smartype?  If I highlight a word and then type without deleting the text, Word will lock up.  Sometimes if I type over highlighted text without pressing delete,  I get three duplicate letters in a row, and then the cursor scrolls to the bottom of the screen and Word crashes.  It is a real pain to have to hit delete all the time, and if anyone knows of a way to fix this, I'd appr ...

Smartype Vocabulary List
Dec 16, 2014

Does anyone know how to print a vocabulary list in Smartype?? ...

Smartype Smart Blocks & EXText
Jan 04, 2010

I work in Dictaphone /EXText.   I am dependent on my Stedman's Smartype for 100s of 1000s of terms with which I am not familiar, and to which I have total access while in EXText.  However, I am not able to pull Smartype Smart Blocks (which I have created while in Word but not in EXText) into a current document.  In the past, I got around this problem at work by creating "instant macros," going into ctrl-s, cutting, pasting into current document and using as a g ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Importing Smartype To Instant Text
Jun 06, 2011

I have had the Smartype word expander for many years. It no longer is being made. I had to buy Instant text. Instant text says I can import the Smartype entries into it. I cannot understand how to do that with their instructions. I need a 1.2.3. type instruction. Their explanation is general and vague assuming that I am a computer whiz, which I am not. Can anyone help me? I have a new job and I need to work with Word Perfect. I don't even know if Instant Text is compatible with WP. Do ...

Stedman Smartype Import To Bayscribe??
Aug 03, 2011

Hello, just started a job with Bayscribe. I was told Stedmans Smartype will work with this platform but I am having trouble understanding how to go about it. Can anyone help me out?Thanks! ...

Good News! Smartype Is Back!
Feb 18, 2012

I'm so happy there is a new version of Smartype that has been released. It now works with newer versions of Word, i.e. Word 2007 and 2010 and works with other software including Outlook. It's even better than the original. I was using the old version of Smartype even though it had glitches when working with Word 2003. You can try it before you buy it, a definite plus. I highly recommend downloading this software. To me, it is a must for the medical transcriptionist to boost productivit ...

Company Uses Smartype And Wants To Start Me At 0.05/line
Oct 28, 2012

I am looking for extra cash but am I signing my soul over for this much or is smartype really that productive????? ...

Stedman's Smartype Expansion Software ?
Feb 07, 2013

I am trying a 30 day free version of Smartype.  I used Stedman's in the past and loved it and now they have a new version of it.  Does anyone use this?  I am trying to get it to work but every time I enter a space to autocomplete a word, it enters a space wherever I press the space bar, even mid-word.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

InstantText, Smartype, Or Shorthand - Which One Is Most Like Word Autocorrect? Sm
Oct 29, 2009

Which one is most MT friendly to use?  TIA. ...

Need Help With Floating Tool Bar And Smartype For EditScript Version 8
Feb 01, 2010

Hi, I have instructions for creating a floating tool bar in order to access Smartype when using version 8 EditScript, but it's not working.  Can anyone help?  Thanks. ...