A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Applied and tested for M*Modal - Mrs. Pass

Posted: Mar 06, 2012

My question is this?  What is everyone's issue really?  I see a lot of complaining but I have found that in this industry if you do your work and stick to your schedule you make plenty of money.  In addition, I see complaints regarding not getting answers to questions, etc.  Can you not get information from account specs and research?  Again, this is an industry where you have to do some leg work to get the job done 90% of the time (most companies do not have team leads and/or QA to go to with questions; you have to figute it out yourself), but that makes you a better transcriptionist/editor IMHO.  Just curious what all the fuss is about and if anyone has any positive feedback.  I realize this is a forum to vent and lord knows I understand that, but I am curious where the positive posts are regarding this company.  Anyone??

I guess my biggest thing is this....in this economy if you have your work and your check is direct deposited to your account every 2 weeks accurately for the work you completed as scheduled then I am as happy as a fat kid with cake.  Is that not the general consensus?  Has everyone become that jaded?  And, if so, is there a valid reason for it or just ruffled feathers??

DISCUSS??!!

Well if you are happy - with just a

[ In Reply To ..]
paycheck deposited directly in your account, I guess you'll be happy. Personally, I would prefer a paycheck that is equal to the work I did, not a half paycheck doing ASR. Already took enough paycuts to go with the "economy." Maybe you live at home with Mom and Dad, but "plenty of money" meaning a few bucks to spend on clothes is good for you, then I guess you will be happy. If you are losing your house, can't afford food or bills, then you would be most of us at MModal who used to make a good living for our skills and now are making spare change doing ASR.

Hope that helps

mmodal - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
It's easy to play armchair quarterback, go ahead and go to work for them and then you too will understand why all the "ruffled feathers." Hope you get work when you clock on at your scheduled time.

that's what I want to know - Mrs. Pass

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there not enough work, is the rec terrible, is pay not on time or as promised. I assure you I do not live at home with my mom and dad and haven't since I was 15 years old and have been doing this for about years. I know there are always a few people that are disgruntled but a multinational always pays on time and that is important when there are small companies out there that do not pay you for work done at all. I want honest feedback, but you don't have to tear me down....

I had used M*Modal platform before and liked their platform; however, I prefer speech rec to straight typing as I have been doing speech rec for years now in my current position.

For the record, I have to make a decent living as it is me and my completely disabled husband so, yes, that is why I am asking. What I am trying to differentiate is if there are a few unhappy people for particular reasons or if this is a trend.

Thanks for your responses. :)

How can one make a decent living when they are - bouncing between accounts

[ In Reply To ..]
I cant anymore. I tried. I am spinning like a top. Here, there, back to this one, over there, back to that one, on to the next one, the first one, the last one, the 5th one, the 20th one, back there.

Try it out, hope you like it.
absolutely positively AGREE!!! - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
But isn't that the nature of working for a service? - Come on!
[ In Reply To ..]
Working on several different accounts and the ability to change gears quickly and accurately? If that is your problem with M*Modal, the fact that you have to work on more than one account to get your lines, then I think you're probably not going to be happy with any service. That is how it is everywhere. It would be nice to have one account and one account only, typing the same dictators over and over, but you don't work for a doctor's office or a hospital, you work for a service, a service that covers multiple offices and hospitals, and thereby needs employees that can change gears and switch accounts when and if necessary.

It is business. That's all it is. It isn't a conspiracy to keep MTs from earning a paycheck. The service owners want us to produce as much as possible because the more we produce, the more the service makes.

What I see in some of today's MTs is they want everything served up to them on a silver platter. The best account, nonstop work on that one and only account, and sign on whenever they feel like it not when they are actually scheduled.

The ability to work on multiple accounts and still maintain accuracy and productivity is what the job is. It's not as if this a new idea. It has always been this way and it will always be that way. Either get on board or you can bet your behind there as an Indian counterpart that has no problem with switching accounts.

Sorry, but apparently you don't - know beans
[ In Reply To ..]
about production. The company would get more production if they gave people a few accounts so they could get to learn the voices and specs. Bouncing around like a ball is not a way to get production or quality. Believe it is the MTSO's that want everything served on a silver platter and are getting it off our backs. No, people used to have certain accounts and not thrown around. Part of the problem now is this service treats their employees so bad, they can't keep people working and have to bounce people around because that's the only way they can get the work done.
In a perfect world, the MT would have one account - Come on!
[ In Reply To ..]
they worked on and get the same dictators routinely and yes production would be much better, but we do not work in a perfect world. We work in an industry that demands accurate reports quickly, almost instantly, if that were possible. We live in the information age where society wants instant gratification. When you make a deposit into your bank account, you expect to log onto your account online and see that deposit reflected almost immediately, do you not? A doctor dictates a report and he wants to see that report almost immediately. Because we know this is impossible, we make promises of short TAT, 2, 4, 6 hours. The hospital promises the doctor and the service promises the hospital. The reality is the MTs are the workhorses that actually have to keep those promises. It is reality. Not a warm and fuzzy reality, but reality nonetheless.

I am not management at M*Modal, but I was the transcription supervisor in a teaching hospital for many many years and I have been an account manager at other companies. Another reality that MTs could care less bout is that most MTs mistake working from home in their PJs with being able to work whenever they feel like it. Or taking extremely long breaks to do who knows what without even letting anyone know. They mindset is that they will get back on and work twice as hard to make up for their irresponsibility. Then when they log back in and find now work available to them, they scream and cry foul! What they don't realize is the work had to get done in a certain time frame and when they dropped the ball and went to watch Oprah, the account manager put people on that were willing and able to do the work at the time it needed to be done.

Now, you can all call me names and insult me, but the fact is I have worked for a few different companies and I have seen it over and over again. An MT whose schedule is 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. taking lunch at 10 a.m. and not coming back to the afternoon and then wants to know where the work went.

So to pacify that MT she's given a secondary account which is probably not going to be as good as the primary and when she continues her irresponsible lunch break behavior and ends up having to work more and more on the secondary, she'll start whining about her production and bad dictators and lots of ESL dictators.

When I worked as transcription department supervisor directly in a hospital, same thing with home-based employees. They didn't meet productivity standards for whatever reason, so more and more work had to be sent out to the service. They were counseled and counseled about their low productivity, but because the process to fire someone is so intense and cumbersome, the HIM director didn't want to take the time see the process through. In the end, the HIM director had to answer to the hospital board of directors as to why her transcription department was eating up so much of her budget. When the board presented a nice little presentation to the HIM director outlying how much each transcription employee cost the hospital, factoring in salaries plus benefitis versus how much it costs the hospital to simply outsource the entire department, well let's just say there was little she could say in defense of the employees.

When the board made the decision to outsource the department completely, all the MTs boohooed about how unfair it was. Nevermind the subject was at the top of the list for every single department meeting for the last year and a half. Nevermind that none of the below standard producers didn't even try to meet the standard after being warned.

The moral to my story is that we are in charge of our own destiny. We can blame no one else for the sad state of our careers. If you can't see that then you are blind. If you have 20 different accounts you have to work on, it's no one's fault but your own. For every MT that complains about too many accounts and not making their lines, there is handful of others silently working for the same company, earning a good paycheck and perfectly contented.
what are you talking about? - this no schedule junk
[ In Reply To ..]
I think you have completely lost your mind. I work a schedule, strict schedule, punch a time clock, no break, 8 hour shift, not late, dont punch out early, just like everyone else who works for MModal. Since 2006, we have had to punch a time clock. I have no idea how you are saying that any of us caused this. We are held to our schedules. People have been fired for not meeting their schedules. If there are still people taking breaks, the IDIOTIC MANAGEMENT should fire them. I do my job, well, without hand-holding and none of that caused me to be thrown into a cesspool of 20+ hospitals. The reason they do this is to make the BIG MONEY off our backs. If they can offer these TATs, they get bonuses. My CCM gets a bonus for remaining above 98% TAT! What the hell do I get? The 20 accounts to give her the bonus.

Go fly a kite and clear the spider webs from your brain. You have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm sure you're a model MT. But when you say "we are held to our schedules" - Come on!
[ In Reply To ..]
who is "we" and how do you know that "we" are adhering to their schedules or producing at the minimum standard?

It's not healthy for a person to be so miserable and unhappy. You should find another company that might appreciate your perfection and sunny disposition.
I don't work on - 20 different accounts
[ In Reply To ..]
Many are. I'm telling people, as you are, to take control of their destiny. Don't accept 20 accounts and don't accept working for peanuts on ASR. Many are hardworking individuals and not lazy. Many are in this position because of this company's greed and the fact they cannot keep employees, so the ones who do work are being flip-flopped around to fill in the gaps. I'm perfectly happy with my accounts and make a decent living. I'm just telling people that they have to help themselves if they want things to change for them. They need to stand up and quit accepting the low pay of ASR and being flip-flopped around. Everybody isn't lazy, many are just scared to stand up for themselves.
I agree. I'm not saying everybody is lazy, but my experience - Come on!
[ In Reply To ..]
has been there are a lot of MTs who are lazy and irresponsible. And like you said they have to take control of their destiny and stand up for themselves. All this internalizing and anonymously whining on message boards is going to give them a stroke!
Come On! I am on board with you.....just FYI! - Mrs. Pass
[ In Reply To ..]
Take ownership of yourselves; you can't control anything outside of that anyway. I think the biggest thing I see here is that while you get frustrated ladies you are also allowing your emotions to come in to play. It isn't personal. Thanks again for playing devil's advocate. Everyone may be on your ass, but I think you are brilliant. LOLOL Made my whole night.
are you flippin nuts? - you get on board
[ In Reply To ..]
You come sit in my chair and do the 20+ accounts in my book of business each day. I seldom get 2 in a row from the same hospital. Do NOT tell me that this is standard. Three to 5, yes... 20+? NO, this is NOT standard.

There is no way anyone can be productive when you have to read a 5 page client profile and 29 addendum e-mails for each account (monthly) on how this doctor does things differently from the 5 page client profile and this doctor wants this instead... You have no idea what you are talking about.
The post you responded - to sounds
[ In Reply To ..]
like something a company higher-up might post. Trying to convince everybody we are wrong. Maybe their getting worried about an ASR revolt.
Thank you for saying that - flippin out
[ In Reply To ..]
Bezerk... that is where I am headed. I cannot belive anyone who has worked like this would talk like that.
We can call it... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
what to call our ASR revolt? How about a golden oldie reference "ASR Speedwagon."
to: We can call it... - wheres_my_job - woolle bullee
[ In Reply To ..]
I lika dat!! Could use some of them right now along with the Stones - yes!! Love that Mick....
working for a service - Nature
[ In Reply To ..]
I am very offended by your remarks. I am especially offended for my fellow MTs for the following statement:

What I see in some of today's MTs is they want everything served up to them on a silver platter. The best account, nonstop work on that one and only account, and sign on whenever they feel like it not when they are actually scheduled.

We work very hard for our money. I just finished my shift. I am absolutely drained. Almost all of my reports were dictated by ESL, terrible dictators at that. I know my fellow MTs go throught this every day just as I do.

You sound like my ex father-in-law about women giving birth...saying labor could not be as bad as women say it is. "Why my cows don't even make a sound when they give birth." Cows don't usually go through more than a few hours of labor from start to finish.

I would like to talk to you a year from now after you have worked for this company. You really do not sound like someone who knows what they are talking about.
Thank you. - very much.
[ In Reply To ..]
Man, my blood pressure was going through the roof.
Sounds like - Alias
[ In Reply To ..]
Somebody from corporate to me trying to tell us how ungrateful we are, and what they're doing is just fine and dandy. Must be nice to live in a glass house.
Transcription Supervisors/Managers - My Three Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
The thing is - many of those who are in the position of transcription supervisor have never been transcriptionists. With most of these types of sups/mgrs., they go right along with corporate and look at the bottom lines - money, production and TAT and they view a transcriptionist as nothing more than a robot who should work-work-work all the time.

Then, there are those who are transcription supervisors/mgrs who were transcriptionists and perhaps they were MTs for a good amount of time. However, those facts alone should not be qualifiers for an MT to move up to a managerial or supervisory position. Case in point: I had one former supervisor who was absolutely awful. She had a Napoleonic complex, was always worried about what everyone was doing in their personal lives (I remember the time she called me into her office to discus why I didn't talk about my personal life at work. I don't mean things that could affect my performance or attendance, which I would have to tell her about anyway. I mean things going on in my daily life what I did on the weekend, etc, for instance) and whether or not we "liked her." She started out as a transcriptionist, but perhaps she wasn't well-equipped enough to transition to a supervisory position, as she let her power get to her head or didn't know how to effectively manage her department.

Another case in point: My current supervisor started out as as customer service rep. She NEVER transcribed anything once in her life, so of course, she doesn't get what it's like to sit down in a chair for 8+ hours a day trying to figure out what the doctor a saying, make sure she's accurate and producing enough and has a good TAT. It's easier for her to sit atop her high horse in corporate and bark out orders to us. Since this "Come on!" person is/was a manager he or she just wouldn't get it. Coming from his or her POV, they are in the right and the MTs are in the wrong. Not all MT sups/mgrs. are like this, but a lot are.

Sorry for typos! - My Three Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
On the contrary, I think that the best transcription supervisors are - Come on!
[ In Reply To ..]
fromer MTs. A good supervisor/acct manager is someone who knows both sides of the fence.

There will always be good and bad supervisors, whether they were former MTs or not.

The ultimate goal of a good supervisor is to achieve a balance - finding a way to meet the bottom line for the client and the company, but also the ability to motivate the MTs and make sure they have the best tools to do the job.

The problem is MTSOs have tunnel vision when it come sto account managers or supervisors. They want the bottom line met whatever the cost. So the higher customer service managers or bubbly business admin graduates and completely forgo the MT side of things.

BALANCE is the key word when hiring an transcription manager.

Goodness gracious - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
the paycheck deposited on time is the MINIMUM, the bare MINIMUM STARTING POINT (sorry for all caps).

The pay MUST be commensurate with the WORK. It is not - I am keeping a list of all the companies that are getting ripped on this message board for low pay, screwed up calculation of pay, etc, because it's wage theft, and it's happening in a female-dominated field, and I WANT REDRESS, I WANT BACK PAY. FROM ALL THESE COMPANIES.

I'd like to give it a shot - Mrs. Pass

[ In Reply To ..]
I am certain that with a company this size there have to be a number of happy MTs/Editors. I appreciate the feedback, but never wanted this to turn ugly. Was hoping someone would have some pros/cons type scenario, but I guess not and the negativity is just too much for me. This is my first time to post outside of word help, so my mistake. Enjoy your day ladies (and possibly gentleman). Thanks again for the feedback.

The Truth - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
I saw nothing ugly in any of the replies you had, just the honest truth. I'm sure you were looking for a Rebecca from Sunnybrook Farm reply, and there are some here who would give you that, but anyone who has been with this company long enough will tell you, unfortunately, the money just isn't there anymore for the most of us.

If you like VR, you will like this company, because that's about all you will get. FYI, the MM VR is horrible for the most part (even the company recognizes this), and that is what slows most of us down. I'm not sure if you were an IC or working as part of another company making really good money, but here the VR rate is 60% of straight typing, so you can figure that compared to what MM told you about straight typing rate.

As for me, I've tried about every shortcut I can, and still cannot make the money I used to make, not anywhere close to it. I'm now making about $1200 to $1300 less a month than I was this time last year.

Good luck with your decision.

Making a living - GMR

[ In Reply To ..]
With the cut in rate from full transcription to SR rates, but you still have to really type the whole report because SR sucks so bad, You barely make minimum wage. I actually have something on my paycheck called "Makeup Pay" to make my pay up to minimum wage. This used to be a skilled occupation. I could be making this flipping burgers.
I have to say- I hope they call me - Mrs. Pass
[ In Reply To ..]
I feel like I need to defend them. And for those of you that are new to VR know that is is adapting all the time and eventually it does get better and faster and then you actually make more money. I have been there and I love VR now. Give it a fair shake if you can, or stop tearing everyone else down who decides to see the positive in the situation and do the best they can with the tools they are given.
well, you have not worked on MQs ASR - does not get better or faster
[ In Reply To ..]
Six years I have been doing ASR here, and although I want to love it, it is not faster and it has actuall been so much worse in this past year than in the first year.

I think you should stop tearing down those of us who have been though the ringer. You cant possibly know what you dont know. After 6 years of the Q, come back and give us the update.
I'll get stoned BUT go for it. They're not all that bad to work for. - Its what you make of it. There are worse compani
[ In Reply To ..]
That positive attitude will take you a long ways. Sometimes its best to experience thing for yourself and make your own decision if whether you like it or not.

If there were so many other wonderful companies out there to work for, then why are all these angry people still here? Think about it.
Agreed - Mrs. Pass
[ In Reply To ..]
Those same thoughts had crossed my mind....
Got a point --- I am here because I am not all there!! - laughing anyways
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
to: I have to say - I hope they call me - Mrs. Pass - woolle bullee
[ In Reply To ..]
If this is really what you think you want, then by all means go for it. If you're looking for good insurance, which might be a consideration since you have a disabled husband, then you might think again. Not so great if you've read some of the posts on that.

If you do get a job with MM, do us a favor and come back on the board after you've had a taste of what this company can do to you financially, emotionally, and physically, and believe me they stop at nothing. Have you even checked the background of Medquist with all of their lawsuits?

You really don't know what you're talking about in regards to MM's VR "adapting all the time and eventually it does get better and faster." That might have been your experience wherever you're coming from or still at, but this VR has had over 5-6 years to improve and it hasn't. So think about that unless you think you can come on and tackle that can of worms.

I used to be positive, but this company and their treatment of us has made me negative about any fairness coming from them. They flat don't care that they have degraded this profession and they don't respect us.

If they start you at the top of the tier that you come in at don't expect to get a raise either. You're at the top and that's it. Also, if you submit more than 5% of your line count in a week to QA, then those lines over that will be penalized by 3 cents a line. Thought you might like to know we get penalized for trying to produce an accurate document by utilizing QA, and believe me that 5% doesn't take any time to hit. One long report will do it for you.

I'm sorry that not much of my points weren't on a positive note, just thought you'd like the info. I hope that you are looking around elsewhere because I think you'd be better off in the long run.
Thank you....this is the kind of information I was looking for - Mrs. Pass
[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently employed and currently work on the platform in my current position. We have had very good luck with adaptation but maybe that is because our IT department has worked very close with us to improve it over the last few years. I have feelers out for numerous jobs. I appreciate this frank, honest response without all the snide comments.

Yes, insurance is potentially a deal breaker with my husband's medical needs, so thank you for that information as well.

To everyone else, yes, I have had a very good experience in my current position with the same platform and have worked for the same company for 8+ years and another for the same amount of time prior to my current position. I am looking to supplement (like all of you I too have to work 2 and sometimes 3 jobs to make ends meet as well; especially considering the insurmountable medical bills that come from a husband who has had 7 major surgeries in the past 14 months and who cannot work).

I asked for information. Why you feel the need to lash out is beyond me, but I understand that if you are in a bad place in your current position here that my questions may have incensed you. For that I apologize.

Have a great day everyone.

It does get better and faster and then you actually make more money - To Mrs. Pass
[ In Reply To ..]
My dear Mrs. Pass, you are so wrong about better, faster and making more money. If it was humanly possible to make this POS perform the way the snake oil salesmen marketing it says it will, MQ will cut your pay.

The only ones doing well at MQ are the cesspool suits. On behalf of all the hard working MTs out there that this company has financially ruined, I am offended by your supporting them. They are a big player in destroying this industry.

Mrs. Pass (this is extremely long) - Furner43

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering about M*Modal myself!! The job posted sounds wonderful! And, I would love to have a job!! I worked for a transcription co. A little over a year and a half ago for 4 years. This was my first at home job as I had been working at a hospital for 12+ years. I did really well.

Until one day we are all requested to join a conference call, where the co. told us our jobs were eliminated. îîî I was in complete shock as we had had no such warning plus I have NEVER lost a job in my entire working career. This was an extremely devastating blow, one from which I have yet to recover.

So with no job and huge financial strain I believe this may have been part of the divorce I'm now going through, living w/my parents, and separation from my son as my parents live in another state.

So here I am w/no place of my own, cable is not available out where my parents live, and I have no money!! There are no MT jobs where I live as most places are now outsourcing.

Catch 22. If I could just get enough money to rent a place, where I would have high-speed Internet I believe I would have no problem at all finding a MT job. Yes, maybe I could work at a fast-food place, WM, convenient store what have you, but will only make min. wage!!

So, people count your blessings When u get down and discouraged think about my mess. You that are employed are so lucky!! And as I understand it MedQuist apparently has joined another co. or something like that but this new joint venture M*Modal sounds perfect to me, though as you have said the co. got a bad rap ITP and I was even told not to work there but no one could ever explain the reasons or they just were not clear.

Sorry so long but I interviewed for a job and thought I did a great job. Found out today a person w/25 years exp as MT got the job; so I'm really sad and upset. It's really hard for me to seek employment as I have always been a longterm employee; not having to look for a job in a long time - it's scary plus now I feel too old.... Okay thanks for listening and I'm glad you are happy w/your job!!! Post the positive things about your co.

please define plenty of money - call me jaded

[ In Reply To ..]
The only good thing about this company is the direct deposit. Not once in 10 years have I had a problem with them depositing my check.

What I do have a problem with is the way they have slowly and surely eliminated all benefits, bonuses, incentives along with reducing pay.

Sure I can do ASR faster. Hell I can do 300 lph or more and I am considered one of the high producers. But I feel like I am a fat hamster on a wheel running and running and losing ground. The more I do the more they cut my pay which means I have to do even more just to keep making the same money. At 4 cpl I make about $12 an hour. I don't call that plenty of money and it is half of what I used to make producing less lines. The more I produce the less the company decides they want to pay me. Do you know how many pay cuts I have had since I have been here? At least 4. Do you know how many raises I have had? None. They also eliminated the 401K match and found the worst possible and most expensive health insurance they could find and shoved it down our throats and called it providing benefits.

The communication in this company is absolutely nonexistent. Don't expect to hear from your CCM or QA or anybody. I sit for days and sometimes weeks without an email at all. They don't answer emails or return phone calls. For self-motivated people who love being left alone to do their job it is fabulous, but others who need reassurance or hand holding or whatever can't handle the isolation.

Please also be aware that this company has been caught at least twice frauding clients AND employees on line counts. Overcharging the clients and underpaying the employees.

For those of us who have been here a long time we know how we used to be treated as actual employees instead of a number and we actually used to be paid for our experience and our knowledge. You might call it jaded or ruffled feathers but reality is this company will hire you for as cheap as they can, use you and spit you out when you are no longer making money for them. You mean no more to them than a number. But hey, enjoy your cake.

Yeah, you come on and get you some of this - fine easy money!

[ In Reply To ..]
You poor thing :)

LOL - Mrs. Pass

[ In Reply To ..]
Again, I wanted feedback and never said it was going to be fine, easy money. I wanted your feedback and I have received it.

The biggest thing I am hearing here is that, yes, our industry has changed, and not all companies are perfect; however, knowing that the industry has changed we have to change our mindset as well.

I never meant for this to be a sparring match and I am by no means minimizing those that work there now. I think my biggest issue is that many seem so disillusioned. I guess I have taken the stance that if I want to stay in this field, then I have to accept that the dynamic is different. Is it so wrong to believe that in any job you get what you give? It may not be as lucrative as it once was, but if I can take pride in my work and how I compose myself accordingly, that is going to have to be enough for me.

I will not be communicating further and, again, I appreciate the feedback (good and bad).

Have a great day, all.

Get what you give? Really? - not believing

[ In Reply To ..]
I work harder than I EVER have in my life at any job. I give 200% EVERY day for 8 hours. I am a better transcriptionist. My grammar is exceptional now, thanks to picky QA. I have no family life and no social life to speak of. I have carpal tunnel and arthritis now that I NEVER had before. My health is in the toilet; however, that translates to just over what I would make working the front desk at a motel. Why don't I get an easier job you ask? I have applied, but at 50+ years of age and with 25+ years of medical transcription experience, it would seem that this is all I am judged qualified to do. Why don't I go back to school you also ask? I am doing that also. I give my all, and I get a slap in the face in return. I stay in an unhappy marriage because for the first time in my life I cannot possibly support myself as I am no longer middle class. I cried when I saw my W2 this year and was depressed for days.

Sorry, but you really struck a note here with me.
You have my sympathy... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
scary, scary, painful...I hope you can find some comfort in your life, AND new opportunities...need to make ourselves felt, politically...don't allow ourselves to become "information highway roadkill" - in the words of novelist John Updike...contact your congressperson, somebody, and let them hear your plight...all the best to you, comfort and ((((hugs)))

Similar Messages:

TransTech - Anyone Recently Applied/tested?
Nov 13, 2009

Has anyone recently applied/tested for TransTech?  I tested 11/04 and still haven't had any kind of a response.  Any info if they're good/bad to work for??  Thanks in advance for any info.  ...

TransTech - Applied And Tested? Does It Take Days, Weeks?
Jan 23, 2011

What's the norm for them as far as getting back to a person who applied and tested? Does it take days, weeks?  Thank you for any help! ...

Has Anyone Applied/tested With Inscribe And Heard Back?
Dec 12, 2013

Has anyone applied/tested with Inscribe and heard back?  Thanks. ...

Have Tested And Been Offered A Position With M*Modal.
Sep 29, 2012

All of the negative posts on here and the company board are making me think I'm going to decline the offer.  Sad thing is, I have already caught them in a contradiction, which confirms what many of you have said one can expect from this company.  I sure wish I could find a company that appreciates what we do for them and shows it by not misrepresenting what they have to offer and by paying a decent wage so as to encourage its people to stay put.  I'm tired of a ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

M-Modal Applied For Chapter 11
Mar 24, 2014

Announced on the news yesterday that M-Modal applied for chapter 11 for "restructuring." Makes you wonder about their financial well being, huh? ...

M-Modal. I Have Not Applied To This Company. I Have Gotten 4 E-mails Thanking My For My Applicatio
Feb 21, 2012

nm ...

Has Anyone Tested With AHD?
Feb 03, 2014

Can anyone tell me the process with this company on testing? What is the test like? How long before you hear back from them.  Do they let you know either way whether you have the job or not? ...

Anyone Tested With MXSecure?
Nov 14, 2010

I recently saw a job ad for this company and am considering testing for a job.  The job ad does not specifically state their equipment requirements.  I went to their company web site to try to find out, but I can't find any place where they list whether you need a footpedal to take the test.  I feel like a bonehead because I'm sure I must be missing it somewhere.  I did find where they list some hardware and internet requirements and it just says you need speakers a ...

Has Anyone Tested For Alltype?
Apr 23, 2011

Has anyone tested for Alltype? I got to test with editing and they sent me 4 tests to edit, but the catch was, these were not voice files. I just had to edit what I saw. I found it very difficult to edit without the voice. ...

Tested With Execuscribe
Jun 06, 2011

I passed the test with a 98% but I did not get the job because of my experience level. That really angers me. They told me that they would keep my resume on file. How am I supposed to get a job? ...

Has Anyone Here Tested For E-MT Positions?
Mar 02, 2012

I just finished the testing -- all transcription of reports from new facility.  It was probably average compared to other companies.  They seem to focus on OP reports which were not too terribly difficult.  They seem very nice so far.   ...

Anyone Tested With Documed?
Apr 27, 2012

Has anyone tested with Documed?  If so, what did you think?  ...

Tested For Accentus
May 09, 2012

Hey guys, I just got done testing with Accentus and I've been searching the archives on here for some info that I am not able to find.  Do they provide you a computer or do you use your own?  Thanks in advance for any and all responses. ...

Tested And Got An Eye Opener
Dec 04, 2012

I tested last week and got such bad dictation I could not believe it. I tried to transcribe it as if I was getting paid the usual 8 CPL and realized it would take more time to complete it and I would be making zero money. Sloppy H&P with a heavy accent, whispering AND loud background noise; a coronary catheterization dictation that I commend an MT on even completing that I was supposed to edit. I sent the test back anyway and got an email saying I didn't pass the minimum, whatever tha ...

Has Anyone Ever Tested With Acusis
Jan 28, 2014

Has anyone ever tested with acusis and got an email to look over the scheduling and pay and had their computer tested by them and never heard from them again?  I was assuming I was getting hired, but I guess I shouldn't assume anything anymore.  Once they find out I have bad credit (which I think is what happened), they don't email again. ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...

NEMT Anyone Tested
Feb 15, 2015

Has anyone tested for NEMT?  If so, what did you think?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Tested For Keystrokes?
Jun 11, 2015

Has anyone tested for Keystrokes?  If so, can you tell me how long before you hear from anyone regarding testing, interview, etc.?  Thank you! ...

I Tested With Synernet And Did Great
May 13, 2010

I tested with Synernet and did great (I thought). That was 2 days ago and I have not heard a thing. Should I e-mail again or just "let it be"? ...

Has Anyone Else Tested For Medscribe In Florida
Jul 20, 2010

I tested for them on Saturday and received an email shortly thereafter asking me to contact Monday to go over what positions they have.  I called first thing Monday a.m., left a message and have called back numerous times and can't get anyone to call me back or to answer.  Anyone else have any luck with them?  TIA ...

Anyone Ever Tested Or Worked For Inscribe?
Aug 11, 2011

Has anyone ever tested or worked for Inscribe? ...

Has Anyone Here Tested For IMedX? I Am Wondering
Sep 26, 2012

if there is any way I can put the voice files in Express Scribe?  I have no clue how to pase or rewind the way they have them. ...

Just Tested With United In N. Carolina
Jun 03, 2013

Just tested with United in N. Carolina. I need FT status. Please tell me about this company. Looks like good hours (7-3), but says "flexible" how does that work? Also, is it straight typing or VR or both? Benefits? PTO? Thanks! ...

Tested For TranSolutions And Instructions Said To Use Semicolon After . . .
Feb 17, 2010

. . after headings.  I did this but think that is the reason why I did not score well on the transcription part of testing with 18 years experience.  Have you had a similar experience?  (i know some people mix up colon and semicolon and wonder if directions meant colon?!) ...

Independent Contractor - IRS Definition Of An IC, The IC Cannot Be Tested
Mar 13, 2010

As I understand it, according to IRS definition of an IC, the IC cannot be tested. If this is so, how do the transcription companies get away with testing for IC positions as mentioned in their ads. Is this legal? ...

Anyone Ever Worked For Or Tested With Precyse Solutions?
Jul 26, 2010

Has anyone ever worked for or tested with Precyse Solutions? ...

MedQuist - Tested/How Long Before I Get Results??
Jan 26, 2011

I had applied last year and got called very recently to test. How long until I get good/bad news?? ...

I've Tested For MedQuist, Webmedx And Amphion And - Sm
Feb 16, 2011

I've failed each test.  I actually passed the first set of tests for Webmedx, but then they gave me a VR test, and I've never done that before, so I failed.  I even got turned down at a local hospital.  I've been out of the field for the past 2 years taking care of my baby, so I'm very rusty right now.  I used to be a very good transcriptionist.  I've only worked from home once before.  The rest of my time has been spent working at a hospita ...

For The Q MTs That Have Tested For A Higher Level Tier:
Oct 02, 2011

and do you recommend doing this? Thanks ...