A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody on the benefits call today? - just wondering

Posted: May 18, 2012

I was working today and so plan to listen tomorrow.  Boy they are really touting this benefit plan - I count at least 2 emails, 1 postcard and a conference call.  Did they say anything specific or was it just typical MM or MQ talk a lot and say nothing?

It was a pretty decent webinar. They made it more affordable (insurance rates) for MTs - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
It was a decent call. They want MTs to have better coverage at less cost. He said it will be a greater savings in amount we have to pay. The company is making it less expensive for us, but it will be for 6 months, and then another 6 months. No change to the insurance carrier, but will have point of service or one everyone has now. Deductible for single would be for example 500 a year or 250 the first 6 months. But doc co pays 25/35. etc. Stuff like that. They also said we can take a wellness survey and will be given 100 for single or 200.00 for family. There will be a wellness program. Also cut dental costs too. Perhaps will be rolling out tuition reimbursement after a while. You should listen to the webinar when you get a chance. You can clock in under conference call and get paid for it. They said look for e mails coming out next week with particulars (costs, what to do next, etc). Hope this helps.

That's very nice, but don't think that money will SM - Sad MT

[ In Reply To ..]
be coming out of MModals behind. It will be coming out of ours. If anyone doesn't believe there will be pay cuts, your head is in the sand.

I wouldn't believe it either, but go on to Nuance board and see what they took as cut in pay.

Not trying to cause hysteria, because there really isn't anything anyone can do.

Can someone tell me where we go to listen to this if we weren't on it live today? - jojo

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know where the link is to listen to this.

Thanks!!

There was an email sent out a few days ago sm - CK5

[ In Reply To ..]
It had the link on where to go to listen to it. The email stated it wouldn't be available until Sat.

I am sure when it is available it will also be on - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
the intranet... where the links to town halls and all those are... where you check your e mail. Don't forget to clock in even if you aren't at work, b/c you get paid to listen to it as well.
Clock in? - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Do we turn the clock on, or just use that conference call thing?

Similar Messages:

So After Listening To The Benefits Call, I Take It They're Still Going To Have The
May 21, 2012

x ...

I Got The Call Today
Feb 10, 2012

from Transcend decreasing my pay. :(  Anybody else? ...

Call Today-sm...
Dec 03, 2014

anyone going to the call that starts at 4 pm today.... like 15 minutes? I am. ...

Why Don't We All Just Call In Sick Today!!!!
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

Got A Call From Axolotl Today About Interviewing
Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

We Had A Conference Call With Our HDSM Today...
Oct 22, 2014

...to announce she (KK) has been promoted to a team scheduling type of position at MM starting early next month and another HDSM by the initials of KM will be taking over for KK. According to KK, KM is really nice and there are other MTs who are excited that she is taking over for KK.  Whatever.  I've only been with MM for 8 months so it's not going to rattle my world all that much.  KK was nice and I will miss her, so only time will tell if KM is as nice as KK says she ...

Any Update On The ScribeRite Conference Call Today?
Jul 10, 2012

x ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

Got Emails, Call Begging For Us To Work Today. Out Of TAT And
Jul 13, 2013

But no offer of bonuses.  I just can't do it.  I know I should be grateful for work but why wear myself out for no extra compensation?? ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Benefits For PT
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know of any companies that have benefits available for part-time, even at a cost? I love my full-time IC position, but no benefits.  I would be willing to work a part-time position and pay for health coverage, even if a majority of my pay went to covering it.  Thanks! ...

TAA Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay.  Let's face it everybody, we don't qualify for the benefits because we are not being laid off.  We are not being laid off because MQ hasn't said anything about laying us off.  I have a call in the HR, and expect to get an answer today, but do you really think MQ is just going to start giving out letters saying we are in fact going to be laid off?  Don't think so.  Everybody, STOP.  Stop hoping for benefits that will retrain us.  I' ...

Need Job With Benefits
Aug 28, 2012

Need to have a job with benefits due to going through a divorce. Any companies out there still offering, medical, dental, vision, vacation and sick time these days? ...

BENEFITS ?
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know when benefits end if I quit or get fired?  End of month or immediate? Thanks ...

Benefits Of Becoming An IC?
Sep 19, 2013

do you prefer IC or employee status? ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

New Benefits Rate
Jan 11, 2010

I received my news benefits rate today - down another dollar from last time.  Pretty soon I won't even be getting minimum wage.  ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

Just Saw A New Ad ... .07 Cpl, Without Spaces, IC, No Benefits And Want (sm)
Jan 16, 2010

Five years experience and especially experience in basic 4.  Surely you jest! ...

Benefits At Medquist
May 23, 2010

If you return to MQ within 6 months of leaving, do you have to wait 90 days again for benefits to begin?  Thanks. ...

TransTech Benefits
Aug 16, 2010

Hello!  I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this for me.  Could someone tell me what the employee cost of family health insurance for TransTech is?  Thanks so much!  I hate to waste my time with applying and testing only to find out the insurance is too expensive! ...

Benefits ? From Newbie
Aug 26, 2010

I got "imported" from Spheris buy-out.  Curious as to what happens w/ insurance when you don't meet min line counts.  Am OOW @ least 2 days a wk now, and yes, I punch out on time clock.  Can anyone help?  Also, has anyone taken MME test, and if so, how bad is it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Benefits?
Jun 21, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the cost of benefits are for a single person? Also, do you have 401K matching or anything like that? How much vacation after 5 years of employment? Thanks! ...

TRANSCEND BENEFITS
Dec 13, 2010

I'm a newer employee of 4 months and STILL trying to meet my full time status by making $900 a pay period. I really don't want to work more than 40 hours a week to do this. I am on BeyondTxt and about 3/4 of my work is Voice editing everyday. Can anyone tell me their experience with meeting this $900 goal? I really need benefits and am starting to wonder if this is realistic. I think there might be a straight typing platform at Transcend, anyone know about that? Of course, the pay per ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

New Benefits Link
Jan 14, 2011

Has anyone been able to access their info yet?  I got another e-mail overnight saying we could do it but I still can't.  What am I missing? ...