A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any update on the ScribeRite conference call today? - About the DMTs (NM)

Posted: Jul 10, 2012

x

DMTs - Autumn

[ In Reply To ..]
So, over half of us are getting walking papers, but the exact number was not stated. It sounds like the people who remain will have a PRN position, but that was not clarified either. Sigh....

Not good news - half getting the axe

[ In Reply To ..]
x

DMTs - Ricky

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems to me like they should have checked who would be able to work sporadically before they made the list of who to ax. How many people will be able to do that? JMHO.

Why so interested? - NervousDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Does it matter to you?

thanks for the update - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had trouble getting into the conference call. I am assuming an email will follow from H shortly.

Email to follow.... - DMT 2

[ In Reply To ..]
Email should be sent shortly to recap the conference call and another email stating what list we are on....keep or axed.

Why so paranoid, Nervous MT? - Geesh

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks for your concern - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why so many questions? Maybe you should have attended the conference call if you're so interested?
Put your tinfoil hat of protection back on - And duck and cover
[ In Reply To ..]
Paranoia doesn't even begin to sum up your posts. Psychosis may come closer.

I wish I could say I was shocked by the news - in the call today but....

[ In Reply To ..]
I really am not - I knew something like this had to be coming. I am going to say, though, I wish the call & info had come from someone other than Lisa. I don't like her attitude - I always feel as though she is condescending and arrogrant. I would have much preferred to have heard this news from Al, or even Helen. Al, at least, comes across as caring and kind. Lisa always sounds like she'd rather be anywhere else than talking to her employees. It frustrates me. However, be that as it may, I'm disappointed - I was hoping for the best, but am now looking for other positions. I'm afraid I'm not going to find one that was as fun to do, or a company that was as great to work for, as ScribeRight.....

DMT CC - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
I was a little shocked that over half of us are being let go. Usually at our conference calls, we ask questions over the phone. By having us "ping" today, they didn't have to hear the worry and concern in our voices. It was impersonal.

I agree - Impersonal is a good word - But I wonder if that was on purpose

[ In Reply To ..]
If she didn't want to hear the worry or concern because there was nothing that could be done or she didn't care or what?

I'm totally bummed - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if I am one of the chosen ones, there is no way I can continue to work for them on an as needed basis. I love doing DMT work and loved ScribeRight, but they can't expect us to sit around waiting for the next big wave to come in or another contract to start. I wish I never quit my other job. Now I have to apply and test and interview, blah, blah.

I totally agree with being bummed but I wonder - if things will change - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if - by letting half the DMTs go - if that means there will be steady work for the DMTs that are left to work. It seems that having half the number of DMTs would mean there would be no lulls and a constant stream of work for those who are left. I guess what I'm trying to say is being one of those chosen to stay would be a good thing because the work would be steady and you could work as much as you wanted - at least in my opinion.

I don't think this will be the case - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you've been there from the beginning, you know that the work depends on when the client has it ready for us (has a wave ready to go for us). ScribeRight has no control over this, and they have just stated that the work is to go into 2013 rather than just 2012, so it will be spread out. It's the same amount of work, but it's now spread out.

I feel the same way - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What difference does it make, bottom line is the pool is empty, no work, no money, I am testing like crazy and I hate this last-minute scrambling. They made us wait all the way til today just to tell us this??

Stepping away from the computer... - Doxy

[ In Reply To ..]
Waiting for the e-mail is killing me. Going to bed now. That's what I do when I get depressed. I'm so bummed. Even if I get to stay, I probably won't have steady work.

Scribe Right - pooktina

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this is pretty much what you can expect from any data migration job, any EMR job. It's just a temp job where you're basically just going to be used until the work gets done, then they are done with you. So if you want to be used, then that's the kind of job you need or if you just want temp work. Sorry you guys had to have a job you liked and then just to lose it. That's what EMR is pretty well about anyway, just cutting down on MT work. It's nothing positive for us, nor is voice recognition bull.

That is not what EMR work is. I have worked on an EMR account - for years, I type sm

[ In Reply To ..]
just like any other MT typing. I just type in the EMR platform. Granted most of the information is already in the system, but I still have work to type from the physicians. It is nothing like the data migration work from ScribeRight. It is ongoing care of patients in a clinic or hospital and inputting that into the EMR record. The only thing EMR has done is cutback on the amount of dictation that is dictated. Sometimes the whole PE is already input and not dictated, but for the most part, we still have the HPI, a part of the PE, the radiographs or lab work, the assessment and plan are all still being dictated by the physicians.

Maybe I'm just upset but part of me wonders - Another Nervous DMT

[ In Reply To ..]
if something happened to make the client pull work away from ScribeRight. I mean, in some ways this seems so sudden, to be promised repeatedly large waves of charts and then BAM - sorry, the work isn't coming and we have to lay off half of you. It could be my mind running away with itself, but I wonder if something happened, not with our work as DMTs, but between the top management and the top folks at the client. You have to hope they'd act differently with the client, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's just me that thinks this way, though.

Well, I got the boot. It's impossible not to take this personal - KP

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with them since day one of this project. My QA scores have been great, I'm a high producer, I work full-time. So, not sure how they decided to let me go but it would be nice to know. The thing that upsets me the most is that they knew this was coming but they kept us in the dark. It would have been nice to know a few weeks ago that my job was in jeopardy, that way I could start testing at other places. Now I'm scrambling to find a job. No way I will ever go back to working for them. Thanks for nothing but stress, ScribeRight.

I'm sorry - that stinks - does make you wonder - How the choices were made - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I got canned too - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I love the way we are supposed to give 2 weeks notice when we leave a job, but ScribeRight led us on and then brought down the hammer so suddenly. I am okay with being canned, but even a week to prepare would have been better than this. I doubt I will go back just for that reason, not being let go, its the notice was really shabby.

Well it's back to testing and sending out resumes - for me - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I'm in shock. I had hoped to be one of the ones who could stay, but not to be. I am really disappointed. UGH - I dread the endless round of testing and trying to find another job. I agree with another poster - I wish they wouldn't have waited so long to tell us this news. Wonder if that was the decision of the company president?

Wondering - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Part of me wonders if they possibly lost the whole thing? It will be interesting to see if anybody posts here that they got to KEEP their job. I worked FT and QA score 99.7% and got let go. Also quit my other job to devote only to SR. So now jobless like most of us. Maybe they have too much pride to let us know they lost the whole thing? Just something to consider.

I wish I could say I kept my job but I didn't - Upset MT - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, work FT and my last 2 QA scores have been 99% and 99.5%. I'm not sure exactly what they were looking at to keep DMTs. However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you were right - I almost feel like the CEO of the company (Lisa) is very prideful, and almost arrogant, and wouldn't want to let us know the client backed out b/c of something that she did. If I had been a "chosen one" as someone put it, and she was the only one I had to work for, it would have been hard for me to keep my job there. Thankfully, working with Al and Helen made the time I did have at ScribeRight enjoyable. I'll definitely miss them, and the QA ladies. I'll be watching, as well, to see if anyone posts they are staying on as DMT.

I got to stay.... - DMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I kept my job and, yes, there will be work. Very sorry for those who were let go.
So will there be steady work? Full time until next February? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't they say on the call that they can't promise steady work anymore? Didn't they say they can't give an answer as to when work will be here for those who get to stay on? So, more lies from ScribeRight about this?
me too - devilsadvocate
[ In Reply To ..]
I got to stay as well and I am thankful for the opportunity. I feel bad for all of those that had to go because I know for that hour or so after the call, I was on pins and needles with my heart thumping out of my chest. I understand what everyone is going through.

We have been told that the lay offs will hopefully help to prevent further lulls and keep us steady into early 2013, but as I have stated in other posts, this is a completely unpredictable field we are in and that could change. ScribeRight is basically at the mercy of the client as far as when the work is available. It's not like they are holding the work with a devilish grin on their faces wondering how they can screw up everyone's
lives.

I know Lisa has gotten a bad rap on this board and there are several that find her impersonable, but I thought it was a nice gesture that she offered to submit all the names of those leaving to the transcription side for possible work. I really believe she tried her best to do her best for everyone involved.

It stinks for everyone involved and I wish those that didn't get to stay good luck in their searches.
Easy for you to say that because you got to keep your job - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you and all the DMTs who got to stay. I hope you do have steady work and don't get the boot suddenly one day. No way I will ever go back there. It's just too much of a unsure thing.
unsure thing - devilsadvocate
[ In Reply To ..]
I am assuming you came from MT somewhere, correct? Were you ever guaranteed a certain number of hours per day or lines per day? Were you guaranteed work every day? The whole industry is unsure.

I also work MT and yesterday I had 1200+ lines, today I barely have 300 and I have been available the same amount of time each day. It's never a guarantee.

Like I said, I am sorry to those that lost their jobs, I know I would also be devastated and scrambling too. I hope that everyone finds their a new place or a place with the transcription side or a job of their dreams.

RE: DMT work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It does sound like the ones that got chosen to stay on as DMTs are going to have steady 40-hour a week work even to February and then that big wave will be on - so it stinks I was not one chosen. Oh well~

Wow, I feel so bad for all of you! - sadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work there, but I've been following the post today. I wonder if they just threw everyone's name in a hat and pulled out half. Ok, these people get to stay, the rest are gone.

I hope all of you find something better. Good luck!

business license requirement - DMT77

[ In Reply To ..]
We were just required to get business licenses, even though many of us do not have a "business" per say and do not advertise, so that they can cover their behinds and prove that we were not employees and I just see it as another angle for companies to use to abuse the IC status of MTs in general, making us IC so they don't have to pay employee taxes, etc. Sorry guys, no unemployment. Basically we are employees being forced into proving we have businesses so they can get away with using ICs.

IC versus employee - Do you know what an IC is?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked as both an employee and IC and was also a SR DMT. SR DMTs are ICs in every sense of the word - there is no way you were an employee or should have thought you were an employee if you worked there. You were in complete control of your schedule, work hours, etc and could come and go as you pleased. That's one of the things that was so appealing about the job. In what way were you an employee? I don't think you know what being an IC means. And if you wanted to be an employee, why in the heck did you accept an IC position in the first place?
from the IRS - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Independent Contractor Defined

People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individual is an independent contractor if the payer has the right to control or direct only the result of the work and not what will be done and how it will be done. The earnings of a person who is working as an independent contractor are subject to Self-Employment Tax.

If you are an independent contractor, you are self-employed. To find out what your tax obligations are, visit the Self-Employed Tax Center.

You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the services are performed.

If an employer-employee relationship exists (regardless of what the relationship is called), you are not an independent contractor and your earnings are generally not subject to Self-Employment Tax.

However, your earnings as an employee may be subject to FICA (Social Security tax and Medicare) and income tax withholding.

For more information on determining whether you are an independent contractor or an employee, refer to the section on Independent Contractors or Employees

business license - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad all I got was a piece of paper from my town, I never paid $500 for the license, I would of been steaming right now! Everytime you turned around they wanted something. If I had another MT job I would be glad it was over, but no one even responding to me yet, not surprised as probably 80 of us were let go and all applying for the same jobs! Thanks Scriberight :( would been nice if they did it gradually, Jeez

I so agree with you on the IC status. I also loved - the choices we were given, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and then bullied into doing what they wanted us to do but not coming right out and saying we had to do it that way. The only setup for an IC is the hours of work. Everything else was done to their standards, i.e, invoices set up in the manner they wanted them, named the way they wanted them, keeping time the way they wanted it done. Yes, having ICs saved them a ton of money. They know what they're doing. I'm sure they will be gearing up for the next group of ICs. Too bad all that talk about getting other data migration accounts was just a bunch of talk. Gotta say something to keep the ICs at bay.
I agree. So much for all those other contracts - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like they constantly have "contracts in the works" but nothing to show for it. Every phone call we had with them they would say that they've got a contract pending. Ha! Whatever SR.

Personally, I never expected anything less from this - company, nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

they handle it in a crappy way - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Now we are all applying for the same jobs, it will take longer to get something now because of the way they gave us no notice. I will not go back, the work was boring anyway, and I was getting worried my MT skills would get rusty, looking forward to do regular transcription again or VR, going to see if I can top the $15 an hour too with my line count, someone will hire us eventually, we always find something, right?

Yes! And the work was boring! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
then you shouldn't miss doing it - should you?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Nope. I prefer to use my brain at my job. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
then why didn't you quit sooner? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Easy money - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
and log in and out 24/7 as you please :)
but it was said you "prefer to use your brain" - right
[ In Reply To ..]
so shouldn't that have been your priority?

Have to agree on the way it was handled - Could Have been better

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder whose idea it was to wait as many days as they did before they told us anything? And who made the decisions of who should stay and who should go?
we were led on from June 29 - July 10 - CTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
and thats not cool! 10 days is all it would of taken for me to find something, testing and interviewing takes time. No check now for the rest of July even if i do get another job soon. the work was boring but the money was good and dependable for while. All I needed was a couple more months. thank goodness I have a good understanding husband. we have to live on next to nothing now to make the mtg and car payment, school clothes will have to wait til last minute, so mad right now writing this, at myself for quitting my othe MT job. Lisa wanted full time out of me and she let you know it at the interview. in the future, beware any new DMT's do not quit your "day job"
I didn't think about it like that until I saw your post - Upset MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't realize it was that long, really. I guess I didn't think about how long the lull was, and how we were constantly waiting on the next day and the next day and the next..... You're right - had we been told this early on, most of us could have had SOME kind of job by now, and had a paycheck for July. But now, like you, I'll be putting things off, juggling, and generally going back to living on the edge. And, I was also told that FT was what was needed for this position and I agreed to that. I've been kicking myself for quitting my other job as well. Oh well, I'm believing that something even better is just around the corner - for ALL of us.

I don't work there, but after reading these posts, I'm sorry y'all sm - COMT

[ In Reply To ..]
were treated so badly. If it was me, I wouldn't go back and work for them, no matter what. I hope those of you that were let go find something you like just as well that pays well too. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

We Had A Conference Call With Our HDSM Today...
Oct 22, 2014

...to announce she (KK) has been promoted to a team scheduling type of position at MM starting early next month and another HDSM by the initials of KM will be taking over for KK. According to KK, KM is really nice and there are other MTs who are excited that she is taking over for KK.  Whatever.  I've only been with MM for 8 months so it's not going to rattle my world all that much.  KK was nice and I will miss her, so only time will tell if KM is as nice as KK says she ...

Anyone Doing The KS Conference Call?
Jul 28, 2010

I'm not sure if I have any questions, but I would like to know what others have to say, anyone else going to be joining in or already has?   ...

Oh Joy! WMX Conference Call This P.m.
Apr 18, 2011

. ...

Conference Call/pay?
Feb 16, 2012

So, we're scheduled for an upcoming conference call and have to be clocked off but will get paid forour time.  So .  . . do we get paid that ridiculously low PTO time that obviously is getting lowered for practically all of us every 6 months?  Does anyone find it strange that 99% of us have had our PTO pay cut soooo much over the years?  Might be a good time to bring it up, during the conference calls, so that we can all chime in about it at the same time.   ...

QA Conference Call
Jul 10, 2012

So if you disagree with a QA score done within the last week of the quarter, you are out of luck.  So even if they are wrong you lose your QA bonus for 3 months.  QA is horrific at this company and the quarterly thing is unfair.  Supposedly  they are "talking" about changing it back to monthly, maybe we should all give a little push for that !!! ...

My Take On This Conference Call.
Oct 16, 2012

Let me get this straight!  There are still more MTs in-house than outsourced.  We all need to apply to hospitals and clinics.  I know we might get bought out, but geesh...  at least you could make more money with better benefits for even 6 months or more before MMmodal will GETCHA YA! The company stated they are trying to UNDERSTAND OUR FEEDBACK AND COMPREHEND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO SAY??  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Company created an MT Task Force to represent our int ...

Conference Call The Other Day With COM And She
Mar 07, 2014

What exactly does this mean? Are we at risk of losing our work and to who? They continuously ask us for more and more. The COM said she had sleepless nights about the account but also said she doesn't type because she chooses not to. That really struck a nerve with me and several of my MLS team members. What kind of team work is that when you're manager is not even willing to pitch in when things are dire? ...

OTI Conference Call .....
Sep 03, 2014

That call didn't tell me anything I didn't already know from L's email.   We're still up in the air!! ...

MDI/Transcend Conference Call
Nov 17, 2009

Alrighty, what do you all make of that conference call? I seem to have heard confilicting information, would you agree?  Line rate decrease definite, oh wait, everything taken on individual basis... which is it?  What do you all make of this latest?  ...

Missed The Conference Call..
Nov 27, 2009

Can someone please give me a recap?  ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Conference Call/meeting
Feb 16, 2011

It is such a beautiful day today, finally spring is here.  I have DQS refresher course today and am going to take my laptop to the back porch.  2 hours in the sun, with some iced tea and a spring breeze, don't mind if I do!  ...

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Anyone On The Conference Call This Morning?
Aug 24, 2012

just wondering what news, if any, for transcenders.  will probably attend later one but wonder if worth the time.  thx ...

Conference Call 10/15/2012
Oct 17, 2012

Maybe if MModal hired fewer employees from Microsoft they could afford to pay transcriptionist better and allow for cost of living raises.  I have been a transcriptionist for going on 30 years and this company is one of the reasons we can't make a living wage.  I am so tired of hearing the term "industry standard" because in the past when I worked with other companies and directly in-house I was paid more.  Just because it is the "industry standard" does not make it right. &n ...

Web Presentation Vs Conference Call
Apr 17, 2013

I see why they do their presentation this way as opposed to a live conference call where people could chime in and demand to know what in the hell is going on. While listening, I kept thinking I was watching an SNL skit, it was so dry, controlled and phony. Nothing was accomplished. I actually thought- hoped - we'd get encouraging words of a steady work flow and better pay. We could use Michael Moore on our side. ...

Conference Call Highlights For Me
Apr 17, 2013

#1. People loved mentoring, so there's more coming. This might be true for some (most?) but during mine, my stats dropped 20%. The coach told me almost every single person hated it and that they were mean to her. She also didn't know that reports sent to QA cost us at all. #2. On this chart you can see that 20% of you want jobs to stay in the U.S. Here's an Indian guy to read slides and kudos from the hospitals! #3. I guess people are making 3% more, so that's one year of ...

This Is A Video Of Every MM Conference Call
Jan 24, 2014

I thought this was cute.  The only thing they left out is "the suckup" on every call ...

Medical Ink Conference Call?
Mar 25, 2014

Anyone else get this email about a conference call?  Just wanted to make sure its legit.  Thanks! ...

Medical INK Conference Call
Mar 25, 2014

For anyone who has attended the call or works there already, do they have schedule requirements or minimum line counts? ...

Conference Call With MM Coming Up...
Jun 30, 2014

I am not accepting the job, but I just wanted a few good "insider" insights/questions to throw back at them. It is a mandatory call I have to participate in. I already have all the crappy reviews from Glassdoor and an article stating MM was voted the worst company in US to work for. I've been reading MTStars for months so I already know a lot about MM. TIA! ...

Well, OTIers, What Did You Think About That Conference Call?
Sep 05, 2014

d ...

Is That 30-minute Conference Call Regarding The
Dec 04, 2014

It's during my shift so if it's not, I think I'll skip it--I don't think it's going to shed any new light on this whole ridiculous plan.... ...

Any Info On The Conference Call?
Dec 16, 2014

Missed the call. Any info? Good or bad? ...

New Compensation Conference Call
Mar 19, 2015

So as they were all taking names and everyone talking over each other, whose QA do you suppose will be extra stringent this week? Hmmmm????? This was SUCH a load of crap! I'm very glad folks spoke up, though. They had to know it wouldn't be easy, but really, what was even the POINT of it? And shift differential being taken away, but still available on the weekends? If the REASON was Time Stamp issues on the system, you couldn't do it for the weekends, either. I do ...

Acusis Global Conference Call
Jul 28, 2010

What a joke....A whole lot of big words with not much being said other than "we" bring in 4.1 million in revenue and congratulations on successfully taking away work from the US MT team and given to the India MT team.  YAY!!!  What a success!!  Aren't "we" proud?  I don't know about the "we," but personally my checks are not even half as much as I made before SR...so where's that 4.1 million going?  I hope the suits at Acusis can sleep well at ni ...

Joint Commission Conference Call.
Jul 01, 2013

This is on Facebook. mymt.me shared a photo. ...

Joint Commission Conference Call
Jul 31, 2013

Does anyone remember the post about the Joint Commission Conference Call that was supposed to take place on July 23? I am wondering if this call took place and what the result was. I don't see anything on the poster's facebook page, but I am not savvy with facebook. I'd be curious to know the outcome, if any. http://forum.mtstars.com/489327.html ...

Important Conference Call Tomorrow?
Sep 10, 2013

Important conference call tomorrow.  Wonder what is going on now. ...