A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another weekend incentive - what's happening in India? nm - Worker Bee

Posted: Dec 11, 2009

xx

I check the work load in DocQManage every day - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
before I start work, and the number of jobs/minute count has been consistently low - maybe 1/4 of the usual.

Totally stupid to do this! - madmamma

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok well maybe other areas are hurting but others are not! They really need to do an incentive for areas, not systemwide. Now I will really be fighting for work..cuz others will be on there looking for extra for incentive. GOOD LUCK! I get so angry when they do this crap.

I have run out of work every day this week . . . . - sweetpea

[ In Reply To ..]
and am over 11 hours down for the week, of which I was able to make up only 4 this morning (on my day off). Now an incentive? I don't get it -- chipping away little by little at my PTO . . .

How can you check the workload if you are - an MT/ME ? (no message)

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Would that be the Northeast Region, as that is where - it seems the gravy is

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Gravy? - poodlepassion

[ In Reply To ..]
As in the movie, Jaws, when Sheriff Brody gets the stinky work of chumming fish blood for the sharks, he looks up to the guys happily steering the boat and says "Why doncha come down here and get a load of this?" or something like that. I work in the NE, get unmanageable ASR of ESLs or the worst of the worst dictators for whatever reason. My line count has never been worse. I feel like it's a form of handicapping my quality and line count, getting dinged for things that I honestly can't hear or just for things that are a difference of opinion, don't necessarily match the thought pattern of the MME, and whatnot. I live in California, so they keep the scut work coming in so they don't have to pay my downtime. I feel sorry for those getting NJA day after day, but honestly, try to make your 1200 quota doing my chum work.

Looks to be a company-wide incentive. nm - Worker Bee

[ In Reply To ..]
x

India has a - YIKES

[ In Reply To ..]
massive power outage. They can't get into work because the trains are not running. They have a lot of power problems over there.

Inaccurate posting-If you found this on Google - it was March 2008. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Power failure Nov 2009 - YIKES

[ In Reply To ..]
I found articles in the news that there were several major outages in November 2009. Links below. This happens a lot in India. There were also power failures in Oct,Sep,pretty much every month in 2009 so this last one must have been pretty bad. Do a search for pics of their power lines, its a mess.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/power-failure-hit-hard-industry-raps-msedcl/542084/

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_power-failure-slams-brakes-on-metro_1308974

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/times-of-india-the/mi_8012/is_20091120/power-project-au-fails-allahabad/ai_n42258467/

go incentive... go incentive... go incentive... - actually excited about this one

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM had already approved OT for this weekend so I was going to worky anyway. I am literally broke... so I am going to work my ass OFF! I will have 1 flat ass after this. I never get an incentive when they offer OT. It was always unfair... so I guess now with Christmas coming it is a good thing that I can get OT and try to get the incentive... better than nothing I suppose. I may have to work 40 hours this weekend, but at least my family will have presents. That is a good reason to kill myself right?

Incentive - Jax

[ In Reply To ..]
If you look at that email, it says that you do not get paid for this incentive until January 10, so actually it will not help with Christmas.

damn! - thanks for heads up...

[ In Reply To ..]
still doesnt matter though.... I get OT... very rare... still excited...don't bring me down!!! :)

not true- lines and OT paid - working incentive 2

[ In Reply To ..]
The incentive itself (the 3 cents per line) will not be paid out until January but any lines produced and any OT will be paid out on the 25th. The OT and extra lines is where the money is.

I too plan on working- I may make an extra $30-60 on incentive but my extra lines and OT will be $200 or more.

Just work- you can always find a way to spend the $$- whether it comes in 2 weeks or next month :)

Similar Messages:

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

Incentive For Weekend
Jul 12, 2012

Here we go again, incentives offered for weekend and having to meet minimum lines to earn the incentive, but work is popping up so slow it isn't even funny.  My time card looks like I just clock in and out for the fun of it.  Come on!  Where is the work to even make the incentive pay? ...

Are You Kidding Me? ANOTHER Weekend Incentive? NM
May 07, 2010

No message ...

Anybody With The Incentive This Weekend Get Screwed Over?
Oct 07, 2013

Our region had an incentive where if you worked a minimum of 3 hours overtime you would get an extra $10 an hour on top of OT pay.  Well, I put in an extra 3 hours  Friday morning.  Predictably there was NJA on Saturday during my shift, only for about an hour or so and since it was Saturday and my shift ends at midnight, I had to take PTO.  Per my manager, that PTO canceled out an hour of my 3 hours of OT, meaning I didn't get the inventive.  What a scam.  Let& ...

NO WORK - INCENTIVE WEEKEND - PER NORM
Mar 05, 2011

Anyone else outta work on this glorious BONUS weekend.  I am just trying to work my normal schedule. This is ridiculous, but not surprising.  :/ ...

Incentive Weekend Plus Mandatory Overtime
Apr 07, 2012

NJA. Thanks Muddle! ...

Is There An Incentive Bonus This Weekend? Didn't Get Any Email.
Jan 14, 2011

xx ...

Do Y'all Think India Wants More Monday-Friday Work And Less Weekend
Jan 07, 2014

work??   Maybe that would explain the low work volume during the week.   I don't understand why this company does not have rotating weekends.   Back when I worked for Spheris, we rotated and worked a weekend once a month.   That seemed to work great.   Or - instead of forcing schedule changes, ask for volunteers or even hire part-time work just for weekends.  ...

I Looked At My Count Thus Far For "incentive" Weekend And Realized
Mar 07, 2011

My lph doing ASR is the same as my lph for straight typing!! - I'm not a fast typist anymore - hands a bit stiff at my old age. I've tried everything, including only using the keyboard and no mouse. Just too much stopping and starting - at least 3 times a line. And if it's a correction, extra time needed to highlight and type over. It felt so good to get a couple typing jobs as I had some continuity going - none of this herky jerky of stop-start-stop....... I've got my res ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

Is This Happening To Every One?
Apr 14, 2010

Every time I submit a job to QA for a blank it gets QA'd 100% and very, very picky..I might add. ...

Happening Again
Aug 31, 2010

I sign on this morning, NJA.  After a while, I get 1 lone job from YESTERDAY AT 19:00.  Then nothing.  What is up with that?  Where was this job?  Where are the rest from 19:00 on?  ...

It's Happening...
Aug 14, 2012

The docs and management brought in VR, and now there are too many MTs and not enough work.   Our workflow went from hundreds of jobs with overtime on a regular basis to barely anything left to type.  The company for which I work is not an MTSO, but a fiirm with local clinics, plus docs doing reports for other clinics/hospitals.  Luckily, we MTs work at home and are fortunate to get paid hourly, so during our slow times, we can either take PTO (if we have it) or wait for more ...

It's Happening....
Feb 06, 2015

Well, here I am in the same boat as all ya'll after managing to keep my same few accounts for the last 24 months....I logged in today and lo and behold not a single one of the accounts I got were my usuals.  Hope I don't dip below my quota for the day, because I got a lot of client profiles to read :S ...

Not Happening
May 19, 2015

I don't get paid to review my entire team's errors. I don't get paid to even read emails. I'm not doing it. Sorry ...

I Hope Someone Will See What's Happening To Me
Dec 11, 2009

Do I have options, or just wait until they fire me (why? this is crazy!).  ...

Strange Happening - Is It Just Me ?
Apr 09, 2010

Starting this morning, about 3/4 of my reports (which I HAD NOT sent to QA, i.e. did not  check the box), are returning to me with QA feedback.  What with FTR this could really go against my submission rate.  I rarely send to QA, maybe 1-2 a day at most.  Anyone else having this happen, a technical glitch, or am I losing it ?  TIA !   ...

What Is Happening At M*Modal
Oct 09, 2012

What is happening at M*Modal. Any information would be very helpful? ...

OTI What Is Happening To The Account
Jan 27, 2013

they over-hired for -- 70 MTs?  There was not enough work to keep the 70 MTs busy when the account was flowing and now the account has dwindled to few jobs or NJA.  Were you you given back up accounts?  TY ...

For Those Wondering What's Happening
Feb 06, 2014

You do know or remember that MModal is considered a distressed company, carrying around $750 million in debt, and last month they hired restructuring advisors? This article came from the Wall Street Journal. IMHO, another round of American MTs are about to be "restricted" out of a job, with more and more jobs going to India. This would explain why there are no jobs in any region, not because of snow. They need to save as much money as they can, big time. ...

Have No Idea Why This Is Happening,
Dec 07, 2014

I get the message Internet Explorer has stopped working on a daily basis. It usually means I have to wait a few seconds for it to restart but sometimes it has to close whatever page I am on. Does anyone have any information that might cause this? Thanks. ...

What's Happening With Imedx
Mar 01, 2015

If there's one thing I've learned in my 61 years (that's the body; the brain operates at the teenage level), is not to guess at the reason for things. I've followed the comments here about Imedx, some of which made me go "hmmm" and others had me rolling my eyes. You can guess the Imedx situation to death, but there's only one way to separate the "I THINK what's going on is ..." and "I KNOW what's going on." It's called ... pick up the phone and flat o ...

What Is Happening With The ILP Work?
Apr 30, 2015

It's always been subpar, but it's absolutely awful now, averaging about 30+ corrections per report.  Hey, if you can't understand what they're dictating, make up something nonsensical to throw in there!  I wonder if they've hired a bunch of new ones or removed some levels of their QA?  It's taking forever to fix this garbage.  I am regretting being an MME at this point and would cry tears of joy for some ASR instead!!! ...

More And Positive Changes Happening With MTEC
Mar 10, 2010

Starting immediately, the 9 month program will be a 12 month program. (The reason why they shortened the program at all was to apply for national accrediation which would allow students to apply for grants.) Starting April 1st, no retakes on tests, and we will now be grading all the advanced reports that you are currently doing for review. There is also a failure to progress policy which states that a student must submit 50% of the work for the month or be put on academic probation. If they d ...

Are These Wacky Audits Only Happening
May 28, 2010

to people who have been here the longest, i.e., paid the most? I dont know what an average pay would be now, but I am guessing 8 cpl for transcription and 4 for editing, so lets use that.  If you are making more than that, are you getting these insane audits or is it everyone they are targeting... Answer Over 8 or Under 8 if you have received one of these failing audits suddenly.   I am over 8 and have had 2 failing audits in a row now. ...

Can Someone Put What's Happening At Webmdx In A Nutshell?
Apr 29, 2011

I don't work there, I work at MedQuist, but I'd like to know what may be coming down the pike for us....anyone care to share what the pay cut entails? TIA ...

NJA Right Off Monday Morn. Happening More
Nov 12, 2012

nm ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...