A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Have no idea why this is happening, - every day in fact

Posted: Dec 07, 2014

I get the message Internet Explorer has stopped working on a daily basis. It usually means I have to wait a few seconds for it to restart but sometimes it has to close whatever page I am on. Does anyone have any information that might cause this? Thanks.

Internet - tiredandold

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe losing your connection for a few seconds? has happened to me before and could not find out why.

Every day says Internet explorer not working - happens endlessly

[ In Reply To ..]
and yes only for a few seconds but probably 20-25 times a day, irritating and wish I knew the cure.

If it's AT&T wireless, it's lousy signal strength and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

not much you can do about it except get DSL, find another carrier with coverage (but signal strength may be just as bad or worse), move closer to a signal tower, or try satellite.  I'm rural, can't get DSL and only wireless I can get for the computer is AT&T.  It's slow, but after a few days of first having it, the only time I get that not working message is with an excessively long report, or if not working and just wanting to surf, it takes a while to connect.  I keep a close eye on the little box to watch the bars for signal strength and whether the indicator light is on and blue.  I tried different areas of the house and yard and it was no different.  

Not AT&T, Charter and have had the same - carrier for years now

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked on the internet and it had an update for this issue but my program at work will not carry the newest update yet. This probably started about 6 months ago. Mine is not wireless, just have no idea why.

I actually have the same problem. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in mid/west/south and have Comcast, normal speed internet and wireless router. Had the same thing in a house a little way out in the country with low-speed DSL Century Link. Now the same thing here in town in an apartment with Comcast.

Internet explorer will seem like it hangs up for a few seconds, not responding, click a few times, wait for it to figure out it's issue, and then it responds.

No loss of connection. The whole thing takes maybe 10-15-25 seconds max, and it's at random times of day or night. I thought maybe I have too many tabs open at once in a browser, I'm a research pack rat, but maybe the assorted pages are too much content, too much going on with that particular page/tab/website like too many ads or video crap on a page. News websites on the weather tab are particularly bad for ads that likely eat up bandwidth.

It's not only you.

Do you have a tab or page open that has a lot - of graphics or constantly changing posts? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
That may be half the problem for me, but I'm addicted to that page and can't quit.

I also shut down, restarted, and I believe Microsoft updated itself, which hasn't been done in a while.

IE problems - anonie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Comcast and IE (mine 9 because I have to have that only for work program and I wish I could update to the newer versions) is doing this pretty regularly. It will say it has to close my player when I am working. I try to choose cancel, but sometimes I can't get it in time.

It is really getting annoying because this happens when I just do genealogy on the internet.

Similar Messages:

Is This Happening To Every One?
Apr 14, 2010

Every time I submit a job to QA for a blank it gets QA'd 100% and very, very picky..I might add. ...

Happening Again
Aug 31, 2010

I sign on this morning, NJA.  After a while, I get 1 lone job from YESTERDAY AT 19:00.  Then nothing.  What is up with that?  Where was this job?  Where are the rest from 19:00 on?  ...

It's Happening...
Aug 14, 2012

The docs and management brought in VR, and now there are too many MTs and not enough work.   Our workflow went from hundreds of jobs with overtime on a regular basis to barely anything left to type.  The company for which I work is not an MTSO, but a fiirm with local clinics, plus docs doing reports for other clinics/hospitals.  Luckily, we MTs work at home and are fortunate to get paid hourly, so during our slow times, we can either take PTO (if we have it) or wait for more ...

It's Happening....
Feb 06, 2015

Well, here I am in the same boat as all ya'll after managing to keep my same few accounts for the last 24 months....I logged in today and lo and behold not a single one of the accounts I got were my usuals.  Hope I don't dip below my quota for the day, because I got a lot of client profiles to read :S ...

Not Happening
May 19, 2015

I don't get paid to review my entire team's errors. I don't get paid to even read emails. I'm not doing it. Sorry ...

I Hope Someone Will See What's Happening To Me
Dec 11, 2009

Do I have options, or just wait until they fire me (why? this is crazy!).  ...

Strange Happening - Is It Just Me ?
Apr 09, 2010

Starting this morning, about 3/4 of my reports (which I HAD NOT sent to QA, i.e. did not  check the box), are returning to me with QA feedback.  What with FTR this could really go against my submission rate.  I rarely send to QA, maybe 1-2 a day at most.  Anyone else having this happen, a technical glitch, or am I losing it ?  TIA !   ...

What Is Happening At M*Modal
Oct 09, 2012

What is happening at M*Modal. Any information would be very helpful? ...

OTI What Is Happening To The Account
Jan 27, 2013

they over-hired for -- 70 MTs?  There was not enough work to keep the 70 MTs busy when the account was flowing and now the account has dwindled to few jobs or NJA.  Were you you given back up accounts?  TY ...

For Those Wondering What's Happening
Feb 06, 2014

You do know or remember that MModal is considered a distressed company, carrying around $750 million in debt, and last month they hired restructuring advisors? This article came from the Wall Street Journal. IMHO, another round of American MTs are about to be "restricted" out of a job, with more and more jobs going to India. This would explain why there are no jobs in any region, not because of snow. They need to save as much money as they can, big time. ...

What's Happening With Imedx
Mar 01, 2015

If there's one thing I've learned in my 61 years (that's the body; the brain operates at the teenage level), is not to guess at the reason for things. I've followed the comments here about Imedx, some of which made me go "hmmm" and others had me rolling my eyes. You can guess the Imedx situation to death, but there's only one way to separate the "I THINK what's going on is ..." and "I KNOW what's going on." It's called ... pick up the phone and flat o ...

What Is Happening With The ILP Work?
Apr 30, 2015

It's always been subpar, but it's absolutely awful now, averaging about 30+ corrections per report.  Hey, if you can't understand what they're dictating, make up something nonsensical to throw in there!  I wonder if they've hired a bunch of new ones or removed some levels of their QA?  It's taking forever to fix this garbage.  I am regretting being an MME at this point and would cry tears of joy for some ASR instead!!! ...

More And Positive Changes Happening With MTEC
Mar 10, 2010

Starting immediately, the 9 month program will be a 12 month program. (The reason why they shortened the program at all was to apply for national accrediation which would allow students to apply for grants.) Starting April 1st, no retakes on tests, and we will now be grading all the advanced reports that you are currently doing for review. There is also a failure to progress policy which states that a student must submit 50% of the work for the month or be put on academic probation. If they d ...

Are These Wacky Audits Only Happening
May 28, 2010

to people who have been here the longest, i.e., paid the most? I dont know what an average pay would be now, but I am guessing 8 cpl for transcription and 4 for editing, so lets use that.  If you are making more than that, are you getting these insane audits or is it everyone they are targeting... Answer Over 8 or Under 8 if you have received one of these failing audits suddenly.   I am over 8 and have had 2 failing audits in a row now. ...

Can Someone Put What's Happening At Webmdx In A Nutshell?
Apr 29, 2011

I don't work there, I work at MedQuist, but I'd like to know what may be coming down the pike for us....anyone care to share what the pay cut entails? TIA ...

NJA Right Off Monday Morn. Happening More
Nov 12, 2012

nm ...

Another Weekend Incentive - What's Happening In India? Nm
Dec 11, 2009

xx ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

Do You Thing There Is A Turnabout Happening In Transcription
Jul 19, 2013

Just curious if anyone is starting to see a trickle of companies taking back their transcription from the MTSO? I am starting to see some places who once outsourced bring it back in house. No hospitals, unfortunately, but the smaller to medium medical groups, afraid of the liability of having their medical records roaming all over India. I know of an HR person at a large group of clinics here who told me they are bringing it all back in house because of liability and HIPPA issues. They pay $20.0 ...

Gulf Coast Transcription What Is Happening
Dec 28, 2014

Could a current employee tell me what is happening with this company?  Work dwindled to nothing and there was talk of acquiring new accounts, but I had to jump ship before that happened.  This was a wonderful place to work and I am just wishing and dreaming.  Have they picked up any new accounts and are they still in business?  Thank you.   ...

Any Info When The Lockdown Happening In North Area?
Apr 28, 2010

: ...

Ok, I Have Not Read Completely Through This Stuff Happening But I Have A Question About The Drop In
Mar 04, 2010

I have not seen how long our pay would be dropped the 3 cents.  Am I missing something?  Is it just that pay period or the next week or what?  I just don't see that.  I spoke up and am having a conference call with the "team" tomorrow and I really would like to know how long our pay would be deducted.  Peronally I can't afford to have my pay deducted and if you can (mq mts), then you are lucky.  I have not had a pay raise in 9 years and all of this is goin ...

News Cast Coming About What's Happening To Medical Transcription
Dec 31, 2013

This is exciting, you guys!  Our local NPR station (where I work full time) is planning to air an hour-long radio cast about the effects of the electronic medical records implementation on our MT careers.  I was telling our producer that I worked for 27 years as a full-time MT, both in the clinic/hospital setting and at home, but 5 years ago I could no longer make it financially as a full-time MT.  That's when I went to work in the public sector doing something unrelated to t ...

What About This Idea?
Apr 08, 2010

I would like to suggest that every unhappy MT at MQ jam the phone line(s) of Employee Assistance and share how the stress from working at MQ is affecting your health, your work, and your personal lives.  If this is supposed to be a benefit for all employees, then make it work for you by calling, one by one, day by day, hour by hour, and then, quite possibly, you will see another benefit taken away from MTs (such as no-strings-attached QA) but at least you can get satisfa ...

No Idea...
Aug 28, 2010

I'm having trouble with line 5 of this PMH: 2.  Fibromyalgia. 3.  Hypertension.  4.  Enlarged liver.  5.  s/l lepulley 2001.  6.  Left CTR 2002.  7.  BTL 1992.   It could be left something, but I can't think of anything, even shorthand, that would fit there. ...

I Have No Idea...
Dec 01, 2010

I have absolutely no clue what this is supposed to be...please help!! "Check pre-biologic labs.  The patient already has an s/l (eject sex re).  Obtain a copy." I'm not sure if it's a type of x-ray or lab test...the patient has psoriatic arthritis, OA, and fibromyalgia, and is getting ready to have surgery to fix her cervical neck and to remove a cervical lymph node Any ideas? ...

No Idea
Dec 15, 2010

Sounds like "disgrazias". Any ideas? Context:  She was sent to Dr. So-and-so to evaluate for chronic lymphocytic leukemia or other blood disgrazias/malignancies.      Any help is very much appreciated! :) ...

Any Idea
Jan 24, 2011

What 10.5 per visible line character might equal to all characters and spaces counted?  Thanks. ...

No Idea What This Could Be!
Jan 29, 2012

In further ( s/l loose ideation) of the problem, it appears she has had chronic UTIs that require the use of Bactrim 4-6 times per year for several years now. ...

Odd Idea
Feb 13, 2012

This occurred to me today and just thought I'd share.  What if this were a supportive forum? No, no, I'm not talking about not complaining, etc., that's important to do, IMO. But, we are all in the same craft, so maybe we could cheer one another on! Even get to know one another. OMG, that would be awful! I was in a completely different industry a few years ago, and it was full of stress and difficulty, and we griped all the time, but in the end, we lifted one another up, vers ...