A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I hope someone will see what's happening to me - sick

Posted: Dec 11, 2009

Do I have options, or just wait until they fire me (why? this is crazy!). 

sick/fired??? - mt way too long

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't really know what you are talking about. Explain please.

Your options would be - MistyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Do a good job. If you are creating work that is 99-100% accurate, you have no reason to be so darn hysterical. Whether you're an IC or not, EVERY document you do should be accurate.

I take issue with those companies who even say 98% is all that's required because frankly, I don't want my own records to be 98% accurate.

If you're an IC, producing QUALITY work with your name on it should be the hallmark of your BUSINESS. If it's not, then go put yourself on Angies List-- "Will do MT, but the way I want to" and see how many takers you get.

Enough of the sniveling already!! This job is about producing ACCURATE RECORDS IN A TIMELY FASHION. If you can't fit the job description, perhaps you can't do the job?

YOUR OPTIONS WOULD BE - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
As an old timer (37 years) I am constantly amazed and dismayed at the negative comments from MTs to other MTs, who I believe are only venting and are frightened. I have never reached, and I pray that I don't ever reach, the stage where I talk down to someone who is frightened or venting. Let's all step back and put on a mantle of human kindness...whether we be seasoned MTs or not so seasoned MT. Oh, I'M JUST VENTING HERE but I know of what I speak.

Thank you, oldone! - sick

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a transcriptionist for 10 years. Before that, I was a legal secretary, admin assistant, word processing supervisor. I have ALWAYS striven to put the patient first, work WITH the doctor in producing an accurate report, and to deliver the highest quality product that I can. I am a perfectionist and have been the QA person.

What I was trying to say (and actually DID say) was that now that I am an IC this nitpicking has begun. As an employee, if and when I went through QA, my work was always 98.8 or better, and was appreciated.

I was trained in a classroom setting 11 years ago. I was trained to spell out words such as exam to examination, especially in the impression, to create a more formal LEGAL document. If BOS3 has said that it doesn't REQUIRE expanding, that doesn't make it WRONG, does it? The intent is not to make more money.

The absolute main problem I find with MT today is communication by e-mail and IM. Most people would never speak to someone face-to-face they way they do in e-mails and on this forum. Many "leads" today have absolutely NO training in dealing with co-workers, and the "power" then goes to their heads. They send some of the rudest, snottiest e-mails (not to say ALL leads do that) and IMs in their quest to be the "boss" (which they ARE, since the higher-ups simply do not care and only hear from them). It's like being slapped in the face unexpectedly and there's nothing you can do about it.

I have been looking into moving into a different career, and have been going on different forums to see what is going on. On every other forum (that I have been to so far), the posters are actually listening and answering each other in respectful, helpful, understanding, and professional tones -- nothing like it is here.

To all those who answered in the same holier-than-thou, smart-a__, condescending ways seen all over this board, I am so glad that I don't have to sit next to you in an office. You may be my co-worker in this field, but thank God I don't have to know you.

Thank you again, oldone.

Similar Messages:

Used To Hope For Lots Of Work, Now I Hope For NJA Or To Be FIRED
Oct 09, 2013

This job is not worth the trouble.  It certainly does nothing for me when I open the "paycheck" every 2 weeks and see that despite my 40 "power hours" every week, I made less than last time.  No matter what, I cannot manage to make a decent living here any more.  I am over it.  Sad to admit, and yes, the shame is on me, but I do wish for NJA or even better, to be FIRED from this place.  Just had to get this off my chest before I burst into flames of fury at the horrid qu ...

A Little Holiday Message Of Hope (I Hope!)
Dec 10, 2013

Hi, everyone. A year or so ago, I read a message by a former transcriptionist who had gotten into medical school and was at last working as a physician. I'm sure it's still here in the archives somewhere; please forgive me for not digging it up. I remain grateful to that poster to this day. Yes, even if she was making it all up! It still inspired me so much. Last month I began work at only the second job I have ever held outside the MT field. It took me seemingly forever to find it, a ...

Is This Happening To Every One?
Apr 14, 2010

Every time I submit a job to QA for a blank it gets QA'd 100% and very, very picky..I might add. ...

Happening Again
Aug 31, 2010

I sign on this morning, NJA.  After a while, I get 1 lone job from YESTERDAY AT 19:00.  Then nothing.  What is up with that?  Where was this job?  Where are the rest from 19:00 on?  ...

It's Happening...
Aug 14, 2012

The docs and management brought in VR, and now there are too many MTs and not enough work.   Our workflow went from hundreds of jobs with overtime on a regular basis to barely anything left to type.  The company for which I work is not an MTSO, but a fiirm with local clinics, plus docs doing reports for other clinics/hospitals.  Luckily, we MTs work at home and are fortunate to get paid hourly, so during our slow times, we can either take PTO (if we have it) or wait for more ...

It's Happening....
Feb 06, 2015

Well, here I am in the same boat as all ya'll after managing to keep my same few accounts for the last 24 months....I logged in today and lo and behold not a single one of the accounts I got were my usuals.  Hope I don't dip below my quota for the day, because I got a lot of client profiles to read :S ...

Not Happening
May 19, 2015

I don't get paid to review my entire team's errors. I don't get paid to even read emails. I'm not doing it. Sorry ...

Strange Happening - Is It Just Me ?
Apr 09, 2010

Starting this morning, about 3/4 of my reports (which I HAD NOT sent to QA, i.e. did not  check the box), are returning to me with QA feedback.  What with FTR this could really go against my submission rate.  I rarely send to QA, maybe 1-2 a day at most.  Anyone else having this happen, a technical glitch, or am I losing it ?  TIA !   ...

What Is Happening At M*Modal
Oct 09, 2012

What is happening at M*Modal. Any information would be very helpful? ...

OTI What Is Happening To The Account
Jan 27, 2013

they over-hired for -- 70 MTs?  There was not enough work to keep the 70 MTs busy when the account was flowing and now the account has dwindled to few jobs or NJA.  Were you you given back up accounts?  TY ...

For Those Wondering What's Happening
Feb 06, 2014

You do know or remember that MModal is considered a distressed company, carrying around $750 million in debt, and last month they hired restructuring advisors? This article came from the Wall Street Journal. IMHO, another round of American MTs are about to be "restricted" out of a job, with more and more jobs going to India. This would explain why there are no jobs in any region, not because of snow. They need to save as much money as they can, big time. ...

Have No Idea Why This Is Happening,
Dec 07, 2014

I get the message Internet Explorer has stopped working on a daily basis. It usually means I have to wait a few seconds for it to restart but sometimes it has to close whatever page I am on. Does anyone have any information that might cause this? Thanks. ...

What's Happening With Imedx
Mar 01, 2015

If there's one thing I've learned in my 61 years (that's the body; the brain operates at the teenage level), is not to guess at the reason for things. I've followed the comments here about Imedx, some of which made me go "hmmm" and others had me rolling my eyes. You can guess the Imedx situation to death, but there's only one way to separate the "I THINK what's going on is ..." and "I KNOW what's going on." It's called ... pick up the phone and flat o ...

What Is Happening With The ILP Work?
Apr 30, 2015

It's always been subpar, but it's absolutely awful now, averaging about 30+ corrections per report.  Hey, if you can't understand what they're dictating, make up something nonsensical to throw in there!  I wonder if they've hired a bunch of new ones or removed some levels of their QA?  It's taking forever to fix this garbage.  I am regretting being an MME at this point and would cry tears of joy for some ASR instead!!! ...

More And Positive Changes Happening With MTEC
Mar 10, 2010

Starting immediately, the 9 month program will be a 12 month program. (The reason why they shortened the program at all was to apply for national accrediation which would allow students to apply for grants.) Starting April 1st, no retakes on tests, and we will now be grading all the advanced reports that you are currently doing for review. There is also a failure to progress policy which states that a student must submit 50% of the work for the month or be put on academic probation. If they d ...

Are These Wacky Audits Only Happening
May 28, 2010

to people who have been here the longest, i.e., paid the most? I dont know what an average pay would be now, but I am guessing 8 cpl for transcription and 4 for editing, so lets use that.  If you are making more than that, are you getting these insane audits or is it everyone they are targeting... Answer Over 8 or Under 8 if you have received one of these failing audits suddenly.   I am over 8 and have had 2 failing audits in a row now. ...

Can Someone Put What's Happening At Webmdx In A Nutshell?
Apr 29, 2011

I don't work there, I work at MedQuist, but I'd like to know what may be coming down the pike for us....anyone care to share what the pay cut entails? TIA ...

NJA Right Off Monday Morn. Happening More
Nov 12, 2012

nm ...

Another Weekend Incentive - What's Happening In India? Nm
Dec 11, 2009

xx ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

Do You Thing There Is A Turnabout Happening In Transcription
Jul 19, 2013

Just curious if anyone is starting to see a trickle of companies taking back their transcription from the MTSO? I am starting to see some places who once outsourced bring it back in house. No hospitals, unfortunately, but the smaller to medium medical groups, afraid of the liability of having their medical records roaming all over India. I know of an HR person at a large group of clinics here who told me they are bringing it all back in house because of liability and HIPPA issues. They pay $20.0 ...

Gulf Coast Transcription What Is Happening
Dec 28, 2014

Could a current employee tell me what is happening with this company?  Work dwindled to nothing and there was talk of acquiring new accounts, but I had to jump ship before that happened.  This was a wonderful place to work and I am just wishing and dreaming.  Have they picked up any new accounts and are they still in business?  Thank you.   ...

Any Info When The Lockdown Happening In North Area?
Apr 28, 2010

: ...

Ok, I Have Not Read Completely Through This Stuff Happening But I Have A Question About The Drop In
Mar 04, 2010

I have not seen how long our pay would be dropped the 3 cents.  Am I missing something?  Is it just that pay period or the next week or what?  I just don't see that.  I spoke up and am having a conference call with the "team" tomorrow and I really would like to know how long our pay would be deducted.  Peronally I can't afford to have my pay deducted and if you can (mq mts), then you are lucky.  I have not had a pay raise in 9 years and all of this is goin ...

News Cast Coming About What's Happening To Medical Transcription
Dec 31, 2013

This is exciting, you guys!  Our local NPR station (where I work full time) is planning to air an hour-long radio cast about the effects of the electronic medical records implementation on our MT careers.  I was telling our producer that I worked for 27 years as a full-time MT, both in the clinic/hospital setting and at home, but 5 years ago I could no longer make it financially as a full-time MT.  That's when I went to work in the public sector doing something unrelated to t ...

Is There Hope For My Pay?
Jul 12, 2010

So... I've been at Medquist for about 6 months - I was a new grad so I only make 0.05 a line (I know, I know, save your comments about that people!). I actually have really good accounts so I never make less than $12 an hour so at least I'm not making minimum wage. But anyway I was wondering if anyone knew what people with a year experience start at and what my hopes are for raises in the future. Surely they can't pay me 0.05 forever, right?? right??? ...

My Last Hope
Aug 18, 2010

He says "I have ordered blood tests to rule out the possibility of an inflammatory edemunothologic condition." Any idea? I'm starting to lose it!!!!!! ...

Is There Any Hope For Me?
Aug 27, 2010

I am no where near as experienced as some MTs even though I have been transcribing for 12 years.  Problem is, I have only done ortho.  When my in-house job went with the service, I went to.  Then my work was offshored, so I moved to a different company, still doing ortho, and making better money, about $40,000 a year.  Now the company has lost that account and I am unable to go with it. I have been switched to an acute care account (clinic work only), doing VR.  Can any ...

Is There Any Hope?
Aug 15, 2011

Hi, I did do as someone suggested and contacted via email Erin Brockovich, but we have to understand her organization does deal mostly with environmental litigation.  I did try and summarize our difficulties and requested if she might direct us to an organization who might help us.  In listing our complaints I found they were too numerous to list, and since we are virtual, I was not clear as to whether we could prove some of my/our accusations.&n ...

There Is Hope MT's!...well For Now
May 02, 2012

Well, just quit Nuance.  Can't believe I made it nearly 2 years, after being at OSi for 5 years.  They sent all my work overseas and there has not been any work there for the past month!  After reading many many posts here I thought MT days were over!  Then a job came up, I replied and for 2 weeks I have been working for a small local company, no VR, you can copy and paste for your lines (instead of it being against "HIPAA policies" per Nuance!) and what...a local Englis ...