A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do y'all think India wants more Monday-Friday work and less weekend - whodat

Posted: Jan 07, 2014

work??   Maybe that would explain the low work volume during the week.   I don't understand why this company does not have rotating weekends.   Back when I worked for Spheris, we rotated and worked a weekend once a month.   That seemed to work great.   Or - instead of forcing schedule changes, ask for volunteers or even hire part-time work just for weekends. 

They have been asking for volunteers but no one is - stepping up - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Nights and weekends were supposedly why we were offshoring to India - in the first place. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

India - Job-stealing trash heap

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Why would anyone volunteer - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
when they know how this company treats its employees?

I agree with you but that's not the point - MME

[ In Reply To ..]
The point is that this is a money-driven business and if they ask and ask repeatedly over and over again for volunteers and everyone thinks they are "too good" to work the crappy shifts then they are going to make it mandatory. Period.

I'm not defending them (by any stretch) but it's all about the money. If no one steps up voluntarily, they are not going to go on continuing to pay fines very long. If everyone would just step up and volunteer for just ONE crappy shift this would be a non issue.
I worked Sundays and holidays for years - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
but that did not stop them from trying to put me on 100% QA after a couple of days on new accounts. That's when I retired and I suspect if they make holidays and weekends mandatory more MTs will find a way out of this mess and they will have even fewer MTs working on those days. All businesses are money-driven but some of the money needs to reach the bottom.
Sundays and holidays - Me Too
[ In Reply To ..]
I did the same thing as OABO and got absolutely nothing in return. At one time, there was an incentive, but they killed that. It doesn't matter what you do for this company, it isn't appreciated. It would not be the way it is now, if they treated us fairly. You get what you pay for. They are looking to buy on the cheap and yet expect everyone to be loyal and hardworking and give nothing in return. Don't do it, let them figure it out. Hire new MTs to work those shifts or PT employees that they fired in droves or let their precious India do it or voice. How can anyone buy into this place is beyond me.
Not the point - I think everyone
[ In Reply To ..]
should not only NOT volunteer, but quit this horrible place and let them fend for themselves. Again, using brute force and unfair tactics to make you do what they want. First they want VR, doesn't cut it; then they hire off shore; doesn't cut it (3 MTs to do one dictation or 2 MTs and 1 MME), cut our pay, make QA threatening, e-mails that degrade us and we are supposed to help them out? True they are money driven, that's nothing new, so what perpetuate this monster. Find someplace else to work that doesn't treat you like this and I am suggesting something outside of transcription, because most companies operate this way nowadays! they all need to be brought to their knees, because they have ruined it for every decent MT out there.
What threatening emails are you talking. about? - are you talking about your TSM?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Threatening emails - May not have said that right
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps threatening was too harsh a word; just the emails about production, QA problems, blah, blah, blah that come from TSH. I just got to the point that every email made me anxious, because it was always something negative and I was always afraid of what it would say. That is, when I let this place get to me; no longer. Half the time, I don't even open them. They can fire me by voice mail or just take away my access. I could care less. Like the "fired" post, this company is rotten to the core and I am so looking forward to the day when I am gone and it is coming and in the meantime, I do as I darn well please. You don't make any money anyway, so who cares. I never thought I would feel this way, but I do and I blame them entirely!
When I leave - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just stopping work, want to see how long it takes them to realize I am gone, of course, will take all my leave a week or so before..
That actually made me laugh because - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually did something like that. I took another job with another MTSO and literally stopped working for MModal for about 6 weeks. I kid you not ... they did not notice that I was gone, even for a second. To this day, the TSM never wondered where I was, no one ever called, no one had a clue I was even gone. Turns out I didn't like the other company so I came back to MModal, just like I never left.

That's right, I said *6 weeks*.
When I worked for Keystrokes I just stopped - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Took them 2 weeks,, Damn I could have been dead and rotting at the keyboard for all they knew..
Threatening emails - PS
[ In Reply To ..]
I just went back and read my original post and it was "threatening QA" not emails, but I still get anxious with either one; that is why I don't open them any longer. Again may not have been the correct word here, but anything to do with this company is a negative connotation, so use whatever word you like. They have broken us all!

Similar Messages:

Check Email. Incentive Starting Friday - Monday.
Apr 23, 2010

Why is there an incentive when there has not been that much work? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Decent MTSO To Work For As An Employee And A Monday Through Friday Schedule?
Aug 27, 2014

Can anyone recommend a decent MTSO to work for as an employee and a Monday through Friday schedule? ...

Another Weekend Incentive - What's Happening In India? Nm
Dec 11, 2009

xx ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

NJA - It Must Be Monday
Jan 25, 2010

Once again I have NJA on Monday morning.  This is just the way I wanted to start off my week, not!!!   CCM says tell her and then either come back on later at NIGHT or she'll add other accounts.  I've accepted that wonderful offer before and kicked myself for doing it.  I'd rather take the time off unpaid than sit at my computer reading profiles all day long and getting half my lines in.  I'll never understand why this company can& ...

Really Bad Monday
Oct 19, 2010

Got rejection E-mail for in-house job I applied for.  Then less than 1 hour later, got rejection E-mail for a government clerk position I had applied for like 2 months ago.  Then later get E-mail with spreadsheet from supervisor with our lines, average lph, percentages, etc.  Apparently there really are people doing 200-300+ lph.  There is no way in the world they are typing the level 3 ESL and ASR nonsense that I get.  I have to listen, research, listen again with ...

I So Very Much With It Was Friday!!
Jul 14, 2011

I have had so much work this week I felt like my head was spinning from one account to the next, to the next platform and back, and then to the next platform and next acount, and all over again.  I've been working on a couple new ESL's and I literally wanted to put my head down at some points and just cry.  Listening to their rolling tongue and 100-mile-per-hour speech over and over again trying to understand what they were saying.  It was making me nuts!!  I'm ...

Monday A.m. And Again NJA!!!
Jun 18, 2012

x ...

NJA Already, Monday 6:30 A.m.
Nov 05, 2012

unbelievable ...

Last Day Was Friday
Dec 01, 2013

Best early Christmas present I could have ever given myself!  Now I can't say for sure that the new company I signed on with as an IC is going to be any better, but a girl can dream, can't she?  At any rate, it will be different and will hopefully give me a more flexible schedule so that I can work on that totally new career of upscale cat furniture.  I have not finished my prototype yet as hubby may be getting a new job too and we might be moving for this new job.  ...

This Happens Nearly Every Friday...
Dec 05, 2014

Has anyone elsed noticed that ASR sometimes "takes a break" on Fridays??? I was doing pretty good with my line count for the week, hoping to make a decent bonus tier for this last week before the new pay plan rolls out. Then, BOOM... nearly all reports are straight transcription this morning. Long op notes that I usually edit this time each day (and can get a very good LPH) I now have to type out. Bye bye bonus. ...

Friday, Oh Friday
May 22, 2015

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...

Holiday Pay On Monday, 07/05/10
Jul 26, 2010

I have always gotten paid time-and-a-half for holiday pay on the Fourth of July, which is one of Medquist's holidays (or so it is listed as and always has been), and was told by CCM we would be paid time-and-a-half for that Monday's work done since even though it wasn't the fourth, it is when it is nationally celebrated.  However, on today's paycheck I did not get any holiday pay at all!!!  I went back several years to check and I always got paid this way for w ...

Friday - Is It My Imagination?
Aug 13, 2010

On Friday, all my coworkers seem to take off early.  I thought Friday was a work day.  LOL. ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...

Only 10:30 AM, Monday Morning, And Already I Could Use A (sm)
Nov 01, 2010

STIFF drink after finishing an operative report on an AMERICAN doctor that I could barely understand because he apparently thinks that he is the roadrunner and wants to see how fast he can dictate.  WHEW, hopefully the day will get better??? ...

Payday Is Now Every Other Friday
Nov 23, 2010

x ...

EtransPlus Monday?
Oct 01, 2011

Does anyone know why ETP is havin a phone conference for employees Monday morning? I hate surprises and this has my stomach in knots since work has been practically nonexistent for a month on multiple acct. Eek! ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

For My Interview On Monday...
Jul 03, 2012

I have an interview on Monday to work at a local veterinary clinic doing transcribing full time in house for animal patients. No joke, they have 17 doctors on staff and supposedly a ton of work. I have just about typed for every medical specialty there is in the last 20 years, but never for an animal before. I'm very excited, but I don't want to walk in there sounding stupid. Does anybody have any advice or tips that might help me get the job? Maybe some terminology I could l ...

It Must Be Friday--there's Actually Work--nm
Feb 15, 2013

Friday Morning, Once Again Nja
Apr 19, 2013

My paycheck today was a whopping $40.00.  Nja again today.  ...

Monday Afternoon
Oct 28, 2013

Is anyone else having a problem uploading jobs?  I am concerned there may be a problem with my computer. ...

Quit On Friday
Nov 28, 2014

And it feels great! Wrote my supervisors an email that I was quitting and said all the things I have wanted to say for so long but didn't dare, then proceeded to delete all their software from my computer, including email, and will never look back. Cashing in a pension plan from a previous job that will carry me through until June when I am 62 and can retire. Done with this thankless job!!! ...

Email On Friday
Mar 29, 2015

Did any one get an email on Friday that was a zip file and could not open it?  I have tried on 3 different computers and could not open on any of them (different operating systems and versions).  the last one said a threat was detected; however, when I check the sender it does come from Nuance.  Just wondering if anyone else got it and had problems or was able to open it.  If you could open it, did I miss anything important or that I might need to know?  Thanks!1 ...

Happy Monday - NJA For Me In The South (SE?).
Apr 12, 2010

nm ...

No Jobs - Great Friday.
Oct 01, 2010

I got up and showered just to SIT HERE.  This is so infuriating.  My accounts used to always have work.  I felt sympathy for everyone griping about NJA, but I just laid low and was thankful that I hardly ever had NJA.  Now it is almost every day.  Where did all that work go?  ...

Another Friday Night Of Having To Shut Down
Nov 26, 2010

While that stupid background virus scan is working on all workstations!!! Can the management people who work behind the scene not get it through their heads that this interrupts everything?? Geeze. My computer locks up every single time this thing runs and it always runs every Friday night. They must be using some updated Java thing with the program because that is what locks me up. My computer has an older Java version that they are using and right in the middle of running their scan, Java mess ...

President's Day On Monday And Softscript
Feb 20, 2011

It means that if you do ACH you get your pay 9 days after you should have gotten your pay.  Think about what that means for your bank account versus what it means for their bank account.  It is significant when multiplied by hundreds of employees.  It means much worse if you get an actual check in the mail. ...