A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

All I want for MT week is for MQ management to read and apply this article - change!

Posted: May 17, 2010

This job could be SO much better. :(

change - suebean

[ In Reply To ..]
good article, but it's not gonna happen.

No loyalty needed - planetspinz

[ In Reply To ..]
What is missing from that article is that corporate executives have no loyalty to anyone but their own careers. That's why MQ has had so many CEOs and other execs over the last 10 years or so. As with their colleagues in other industries, they use each company to move their own careers forward. Now we have to learn from them, and not be loyal to anyone but ourselves, and use the MQ experience to move on for ourselves. Get your skills, get your positive emails together, and take them to the next job. Otherwise you will continue to believe that your work is valued. Reliable people only get relied upon. Those who are not reliable get the same results as those who knock themselves out - I call that the jerks get the perks.

Just want to make a quick change to your statement, sm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
not being a jerk either but instead of corporate being loyal to their own careers, they are loyal only to the almighty dollar!

jerk perks - planetspinz

[ In Reply To ..]
the only dollars execs are loyal to are the millions that line their pockets, and they don't care how they get it just as long as the pockets lined are their's = and MQ jerks are not the only ones, it's a corporate muckymuck plague

Truer words were never written. -nm - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Note To Management - PLEASE READ
Dec 04, 2012

When you overstaff accounts, you instill a sense of fear in your workers.  Fear that they will not make enough money to eat/pay their rent/afford the finer things in life...like toilet paper and toothpaste.  When this happens, your workers rush to finish reports.  When they rush, they make mistakes.  When they make mistakes, your clients lose faith in your company.  Your workers also lose any loyalty they may have had to your company.  This is a lose-lose situation. ...

MTSO Management? Read This.
Jan 13, 2013

I have noticed my main account going out of TAT recently.  It virtually NEVER did before.  You know why?  Because when you cut our pay and show no appreciation of us, we don't care to give you our free time, work on our days off or jump on when we are not scheduled, anymore.  So you see, your actions have consequences.  Not to mention that you over-staff so work is no longer steady.  And when you've succeeded in running off all the most talented, hard work ...

Must Read Article
Apr 10, 2014

I had to share this with each and every transcriptionist out there.  It is always darkest before the dawn.          ...

A Must-read Article!
Mar 25, 2015

Just saw this article posted in Nuance board.  MTs need to stop working for companies who do not value them!!!  We all know what companies this article and I are talking about! ...

Must Read Article On EHR
May 07, 2015

. ...

Everyone Should Read The ADHI Article On The
Mar 04, 2011

Advance for HIM website regarding credntialing for all MTs.  ...

Very Interesting Article To Read.
Mar 11, 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1226934/Indian-police-arrest-company-boss-accused-selling-medical-records-British-patients.html ...

Read An Article About Mmodal
May 26, 2014

When you ask, they swear they are not headed to India, but they went from 1 to 5 or 6 offices in different parts of India and they are downsizing in the US.  The article stated: The company, which provides a service that allows doctors to speak into a software system to have their medical notes transcribed in India, is probably heading toward some kind of restructuring, the source said. Read more: MModal appears headed for a restructuring - The Deal Pipeline (SAMPLE CONTENT: NEED AN ...

Hey, I Read An Article Somewhere About Virtual Organizing For Union Purposes.
Jun 12, 2015

I read somewhere that the employees of Gawker, an on-line news medium, had organized and voted for a union. They did this completely virtually, over computers, thereby bypassing management's chance to try to stop the effort. I am wondering if we should do the same thing. I plan on doing a little more research on it. Wouldn't that frost Nuance's little cookies if we could do something like that?? ...

Winston-Salem Journal Article Re Transcend Lawsuit - Read All The Way To The End
May 18, 2012

of this article as it appears it has been removed from the Journal's website. Would like to read it. ...

Used My MT Week Gift Card To Apply To School
Jun 30, 2014

I was going to hang out for a bit and see if they offered another coding class. But the day the card came in the mail they lost my main account that I had had for over 10 years. Since there was not even a courtesy notice given until a week later to any of the MTs it just made my decision easy. So thanks for the MT week money, I sure put it to good use. I start in August. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Help -- How Do I Apply For PTO?
Oct 21, 2010

TIA for your help. ...

Should I Re-apply?
Nov 20, 2010

I applied to RI Unlimited 3 months ago and never heard back--should I reapply?  I got emails saying that I passed everything and then they said I would hear back but never did.  What is your advice? Thanks. ...

How Do You Apply For MTS Job?
Jan 26, 2011

I'm interested in applying for the MTS job posted, but I can't find a place on their web site to send a resume.  What am I missing?  I called the 800 number and it just had a menu for unrelated departments. ...

Should I Even Apply?
Sep 04, 2012

I just got an e-mail from a recruiter from Nuance asking me if I would like to apply for a job; i.e. they took over my former place of employment's transcription department and I had originally applied so I could stay on, but then decided not to-thus they still had my contact info. The recruiter said that they had merged with Transcend and that there was plenty of work, etc. I do need a job as my unemployment benefits will be running out by the beginning of the new year, or sooner if phas ...

How To Apply At MQ
Jun 21, 2013

How do I apply for work at MQ?  ...

Trying To Apply
Jul 08, 2014

Trying to apply at the Mmodal website but MT doesn't come up as an open job.  Are they still under a hiring freeze? ...

Not Management
Mar 08, 2010

I am not management!  You just don't get it.  I hate to say it, but many of you are too miserable here to see the good... for whatever reasons.   I am an MT.  I'm tempted to put my real name and MQ e-mail, but what for.  I've said what I did because I am doing okay, because I have been through frightening changes before with MQ and it has always worked out.  It seems foolish to tell you my real name though, as you mostly are a bunch of whining loser ...

New Management
Sep 13, 2011

Decided to send this note to our new management after the e-mail we got today about Mission One, whatever the heck that is.  I know I'll never get a response, never do.  But sometimes you just have to vent!  Here it is:  Hello.  Everytime we get new management, I throw these questions out although they still have yet to be answered to any satisfaction.  I've been with this company since WAY back when it took over Digital Dictation back in the 90 ...

Apply To Companies
Nov 28, 2009

Who can answer my questions? 1.  When is a better time to apply to companies: Beginning of December 2009 or beginning of January 2010 ? 2.  What VR platform/software does Focus use? Is their transcription test timed? 3.  What VR platform/software does Medquist use? TIA       ...

FYI - Those Who Might Apply With Teletrak
Jan 16, 2011

Just want to be sure my fellow MTs are well informed.  If you apply at Teletrak, be prepared to be offered 8 cpl for 65 VBC line - this amounts to approximately 30% reduction in pay with the negative spaces.  I used several old reports and figured line counts all ways and it was almost 30% less each time with VBC.  I was told by the recruiter, "You'll probably have to work a few extra hours a day to make what you're used to, but in order to keep the client in a long-term ...

Fingerprinting To Apply For A Job? Seriously?
May 02, 2011

Never heard of such a thing! If this company does any outsourcing I hope the outsourced transcriptions also have to undergo this. This is totally absurd! ...

BEWARE - DO NOT APPLY
Jul 25, 2011

I would totally be leery of this job.  They are liars and cheats and are always wanting you to work your days off and over, but pay you NO OVERTIME!!  THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND DOES NOT GIVE A RATS BEHIND ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.   I have worked there 4 years and never got a raise, much less any respect for the 21 years I have worked as an MT.  They have no respect for their employees.  I WOULD NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.  THE REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES......... ...

When You Apply For A Job How Much Info Sm
Jan 10, 2012

besides the resume do you add--how much selling of your skill, etc?   Some companies won't open an attachment, so I get the feeling they don't want much more.  My feeling is if they see the resume and want more info they will contact me, but never sure.  Thanks for any insight.      ...

Nuance Has Been After Me To Apply
Sep 01, 2012

Mmodal is terrible, but are any of them better...why jump from one to the other if there is no difference...only have a few yrs to go and I can quit ...