A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

apply to companies - ks

Posted: Nov 28, 2009

Who can answer my questions?

1.  When is a better time to apply to companies:

Beginning of December 2009

or

beginning of January 2010 ?

2.  What VR platform/software does Focus use?

Is their transcription test timed?

3.  What VR platform/software does Medquist use?

TIA

See answers! - onemore

[ In Reply To ..]
1. When is a better time to apply to companies:

Beginning of December 2009

or

beginning of January 2010 ? The holiday seasons usually work is slow but it would not hurt to apply now.

2. What VR platform/software does Focus use?
ExText and Escription
Is their transcription test timed? I do not believe so.

3. What VR platform/software does Medquist use? I am unsure.

onemore: Thanks for answering, very kind!...nm - ks

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

answers - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I can answer the MQ question. We do DocQscribe. Good luck
Thank you, sm...nm - ks
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Help -- How Do I Apply For PTO?
Oct 21, 2010

TIA for your help. ...

Should I Re-apply?
Nov 20, 2010

I applied to RI Unlimited 3 months ago and never heard back--should I reapply?  I got emails saying that I passed everything and then they said I would hear back but never did.  What is your advice? Thanks. ...

How Do You Apply For MTS Job?
Jan 26, 2011

I'm interested in applying for the MTS job posted, but I can't find a place on their web site to send a resume.  What am I missing?  I called the 800 number and it just had a menu for unrelated departments. ...

Should I Even Apply?
Sep 04, 2012

I just got an e-mail from a recruiter from Nuance asking me if I would like to apply for a job; i.e. they took over my former place of employment's transcription department and I had originally applied so I could stay on, but then decided not to-thus they still had my contact info. The recruiter said that they had merged with Transcend and that there was plenty of work, etc. I do need a job as my unemployment benefits will be running out by the beginning of the new year, or sooner if phas ...

How To Apply At MQ
Jun 21, 2013

How do I apply for work at MQ?  ...

Trying To Apply
Jul 08, 2014

Trying to apply at the Mmodal website but MT doesn't come up as an open job.  Are they still under a hiring freeze? ...

FYI - Those Who Might Apply With Teletrak
Jan 16, 2011

Just want to be sure my fellow MTs are well informed.  If you apply at Teletrak, be prepared to be offered 8 cpl for 65 VBC line - this amounts to approximately 30% reduction in pay with the negative spaces.  I used several old reports and figured line counts all ways and it was almost 30% less each time with VBC.  I was told by the recruiter, "You'll probably have to work a few extra hours a day to make what you're used to, but in order to keep the client in a long-term ...

Fingerprinting To Apply For A Job? Seriously?
May 02, 2011

Never heard of such a thing! If this company does any outsourcing I hope the outsourced transcriptions also have to undergo this. This is totally absurd! ...

BEWARE - DO NOT APPLY
Jul 25, 2011

I would totally be leery of this job.  They are liars and cheats and are always wanting you to work your days off and over, but pay you NO OVERTIME!!  THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND DOES NOT GIVE A RATS BEHIND ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.   I have worked there 4 years and never got a raise, much less any respect for the 21 years I have worked as an MT.  They have no respect for their employees.  I WOULD NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.  THE REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES......... ...

When You Apply For A Job How Much Info Sm
Jan 10, 2012

besides the resume do you add--how much selling of your skill, etc?   Some companies won't open an attachment, so I get the feeling they don't want much more.  My feeling is if they see the resume and want more info they will contact me, but never sure.  Thanks for any insight.      ...

Nuance Has Been After Me To Apply
Sep 01, 2012

Mmodal is terrible, but are any of them better...why jump from one to the other if there is no difference...only have a few yrs to go and I can quit ...

Can I Apply For Unemployment Though I Have Sm
Dec 04, 2012

been working as an IC? Don't know anything about it and just got laid off.  Thx   ...

I Didn't Apply....(sm)
May 13, 2013

I'll tell you how certain I am that there is NO future in medical transcription... anywyere:  Last week a "good" MT job, onsite in a medical clinic, a short drive from where I live, was advertised.  I didn't apply.  I work for a big national.  I make so little money, I have to raid my savings every month to pay my rent.  I've been seeking & applying for MT jobs all over the area, some as far as 80 miles away, and either not hearing back, or being tol ...

Very Frustrated!! I Have Been Trying To Apply
Jun 23, 2013

to apply for a position, but the online application keeps telling me to give distinct answers, which I did and it then tells me to correct the errors, which there were none.  Can someone help me past this? ...

Did Anyone Else Apply To WordZXpressed
Oct 15, 2013

Did anyone else apply to this company in the past few days? I took the test and was waiting for a response from the company. Today I sent an email to follow up, and I received a reply stating that I had failed to submit a resume with my application and thus would not be considered for a position. I truly don't remember seeing that I needed to submit a resume. Did anyone else apply and do you remember if the instructions said to submit a resume? Ughhh. What a stupid mistake I made!!! ...

Think I'm Going To Apply At Synernet
Mar 27, 2014

Can't be all that bad. Where I work the pay is above 8 cpl but pay no spaces and I can't get above 1000 lines no matter how I bust my butt and I was a high producer.  ...

Does Nuance Still Use TLs And How Do You Apply?
Nov 20, 2014

x ...

I Am Trying To Apply For A Job With This Company (yes I Know
Dec 26, 2014

the good and bad), but seem to have problems online.  Is there a secret to applying?  I worked for MQ years ago when they had a Tulsa office and left on good terms so am needing to come back.  I sure hope they still use DQS.  That has been my most favorite platform ...

Again - Did Anyone Apply For The Medical Review Job At NU? Nm
Jun 05, 2010

nm ...

How Does One Apply For A Job At Diskriter? - Their Website Is
Jul 18, 2010

Thank you in advance!  By the way - anyone work there?  From what I have learned is an MT, depending on the position you are hired, may get benefits from the Diskriter or benefits from the hospital in which you are assigned?  Is that a good gig?  Hospital benefits rock!  I miss them! ...

Is It Appropriate To Ask About Benefits Before You Apply For A Job Posting?
Jun 16, 2011

I sent an email to the recruiter for Keystrokes asking that very question, but never got a response.  I don't think its crazy to want to know about their benefits, or the pay, before you even bother to go through the whole process of applying and testing.  Am I wrong? Set me straight folks!  Thanks!  ...

Anyone Apply To Superior Global Job Ad?
Jan 21, 2011

If you applied, have you heard anything back yet?  I haven't heard anything back yet so I was just wondering. ...

Now Transcription Is Hard To Apply To
Jan 22, 2011

I went to their website where I tried to follow directions.  They make it impossible.  They ("Now Transcription") want you to fill out an application through "Accord Human Resources", then save it and email it to them along with your resume.  But the application will not allow anyone to save it, or submit it anywhere as is.  You basically waste your time filling it out just to find out nothing you filled out will be saved.  And there's a huge glitch with the em ...

Did Anyone Apply To Transription Doctors?
Jan 26, 2011

Just wondering if you did apply, had you heard anything back yet. ...

Transcription Doctors....anyone Apply?
Feb 08, 2011

Did anyone apply to them?  If you did, have you heard back yet? ...

Ask About Benefits, Etc. Before I Apply Or After Offered A Job? Sm
Feb 02, 2011

I have about 15 questions to ask about benefits, scheduling, training, pay per line, etc.  I was wondering if I should call all of the companies now before I put in the time and effort for testing and application or if I should wait until a job is offered to me?  Thanks for your help!  ...

Did Anyone Apply For The Position With Aces Up?
Aug 25, 2011

Did anyone apply for the position with Aces Up?  How is it going? ...

Tried To Apply For The Second Time To Softscript.
Oct 17, 2011

I posted below that my application and resume to Softscript would not upload when I tried over the weekend.  Someone suggested I email jobs@ softscript which I did and got a response from a woman who said she did not receive my application and to please fill it out again.  Well I just did that and it still will not go through.  I replied to her email about this, said I don't know what else I can do and thanked her.  Guess I'm just not supposed to work there.  T ...

MTScribe-no Place To Apply For Job
Apr 15, 2012

posted, or are my eyes just crossed from looking at this screen all day!  It looks like they posted a job but don't say how to apply for it.  Since over 500 people have looked at the ad and not mentioned this, am I missing something?  ...

I've Decided To Apply At M Modal...
Apr 26, 2012

I believe M Modal is the only place hiring part time that will allow satellite.  I'm tired of hearing, "No, satellite is not compatible."  Sooo.... Anyone have any advice?  I will probably take the testing this weekend while I'm off.  One good thing about M Modal is I don't think there is any worry of them being bought out by anyone...  ...