A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is is possible to find a PT MT job at just 10 hours - Kiki

Posted: Jun 09, 2010

per week?  I work FT but my pay has been cut and I need to find PT work.  I think all I could handle would be 10 hours a week.  I could do this on weekends, 5 hours each.  Is this a fantasy?  Do companies want 20 hours per week?  Anyone work a job less than 15 hours a week?  TIA.  :)

I don't think they want part-timers, just full time people - no guarantee of work

[ In Reply To ..]
I say this because where I work full time I actually wanted to cut back to 24 or 32 hours a week and they told me that if I did, they would have to replace my position and there would be no guarantee that I would have work. I mean... just to cut back 1 day is all I am asking for. I am not making much money with my 25 years of experience with only VR, nor will I ever, but I am at a point in my life that I want more free time so I can enjoy the last few years, and not just work myself to death for these lowly wages I get. If you ever find such a place, please let me know as that would be my ideal. Good luck!

Find an IC job, then you can work when you want. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

PT - Siouxzq

[ In Reply To ..]
Try Phoenix Medcom. They will let you work whenever you want to.

Thank you! n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
c

Similar Messages:

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Less Than 24 Hours PT??
Nov 20, 2009

I understand with 24 hours you get PTO, but can you be scheduled for less than 24. That is a lot for a PT position. Most companies only require 20 per week. ...

Q8h Or Every Eight Hours?
Mar 12, 2010

Which is correct? I thought I had remembered something from the BOS (which I can't find in my office right now) that said if the dictator said q 8 hours then it should be spelled out as every eight hours. Is that correct or am I losing my mind? ...

Best Hours
Aug 28, 2010

I know there are so many on here who are fed up with Medquist.  But, can anyone tell me if there is any shift or days that work is usually available?  Overnight shift?  Evenings?  I have 2 friends who work for MQ and they are not out of jobs when they work.  (well, that's what they tell me).  They said it actually just depends on the account.   Is anybody here OK with MQ, maybe not perfectly happy, but not destitute either?  TIA ...

Every 4 Hours
Jun 29, 2011

so can someone clear me up about how to type q4h   ?? (as in every 4 hours).    thanks! ...

Only 8 Hours...
Dec 08, 2011

Ok, I'm not as fast as I used to be and the doctors keep giving names of physicians that are not on their list and are spelled different ways so I take the time to look them up because blanks are not a thing I like to leave on a report.  Today we get an email that we can no longer work off the clock which for me is a problem.  Do you take the time to look things up like that or what do you do to get past the OCD of trying not to leave a blank?  I feel like MQ is chasing ...

Q.6-8 Hours?
Apr 25, 2012

Doc says q. 6 to 8 hours with food.  Is that transcribed "q.6-8 hours"? Thanks for any help! ...

TTS - 8 Hours
Jul 15, 2012

I thought if we logged 7 hrs/day was considered okay, but now I'm getting notices that it is supposed to be 8 hrs/day - 8 hrs a day of actual transcription is pretty hard to concentrate - the mind and body has to take breaks! ...

So Far (2 Hours In) Don't Like DQS 7 -
Jul 24, 2012

Can we change the color of the audio highlight.  Mine is purple and it is driving me nuts.  It used to be yellow in the old DQS.  Thanks ...

Hours For FT Or PT? Sm
Sep 05, 2012

How many hours are considered FT?  How about for PT work?  Thanks. ...

PT Less Than 20 Hours. Possible??
Jul 16, 2013

As hard as it is for Nuance to get/retain employees has anyone every been able to negotiate for less than 20 hours PT with them? ...

PT Is How Many Hours?
Jan 20, 2014

I am planning on going PT, the least amount of PT as possible as I have been diagnosed with CHF and atrial fib and the stress of this job will wind up killing me.  I am already on partial retirement, so just need a few extra hours/week.  What is the least amount of PT hours a person can work?  Thank you. ...

13 Hours To Go
Feb 20, 2014

I have 13 hours left to work at this company and then I am done.  I am typing what I consider good grammar for the ESLs and not worrying about an audit.  My blood pressure has come down.  I am cruising, not swearing and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.  This company has been wonderful to me for most of my time as an MT.  I am saddened by the changes that have happened in the last few years.  I am going to work in Central Supp ...

OOW Yet Again. Twice In Less Than 2 Hours. What Is Up?
Apr 16, 2014

Have less than 3 hours of PTO. This is getting really old. ...

Regarding The PTO And 104 Hours Without Pay...
Jun 18, 2014

I noticed when I took a day off without pay, at the end of the pay period, the PTO earned shown in UltriPro was only 4.14 hours instead of 4.62. Does this mean if we take any of that 104 hours of unpaid time off they were so generous to give us, our actual paid time off will be cut?   Has anyone else noticed this?  How sleezy. ...

PT 16 Hours
Aug 17, 2014

Does anybody work less than 20 hours?  I now work 24 hours, but due to a medical condition, I am finding it hard to work 24 hours, 16 would be much better.  Does anyone know if they make exceptions to the rule of at least 24 hours? ...

How Are You Getting Your Hours In?
Feb 17, 2015

How are you all getting your hours in with the current low volumes? I do not work without being paid so I will NOT sit around 16 hours a day waiting for a report or 2 to come trickling in. Is everyone having this issue. I used to have a couple of exclusives who, since the TSM was let go, are no longer exclusives with no explanation as to why the change. So now I am pretty much at the mercy of what comes in and when, and as I said, I don't give any company my time without compensation fo ...

PT Hours
Mar 06, 2015

Does anyone work 12 or 16 hours/week?  I see in the policies there are such hours that can be worked.  I am wondering how to go about switching.  Should I just tell my manager next pay period I have to switch to 12 or 16 hours?  It is due to medical conditions and I just got disability but I find I need a little bit more money/month to feel safe.  Im wondering if they will give me grief.  I have been here 17 years and always pass my audits, the last 2 audits were 99 ...

Cant Find Help....
Dec 18, 2009

Hello again,   So this test the doc speaks of i cant find anywhere.... "reduction enforced dispensatory capacity (FDC)"  I ve searched hi, and low and everywhere I can think, and I cant find anything.    any help?   ...

Is There A Way To Find Out...
Mar 02, 2010

which MTSO took over the transcription from another MTSO?  For example, if company A typed for a hospital, but the hospital didn't renew their contract and went to company B, can you find out the name of company B? ...

Does Anyone Else Find It Odd
Jun 16, 2010

When companies post a job for a transcriptionist with good "grammer"?? ...

Where Can I Find The BOS?
Jun 25, 2010

Where can I find the BOS?  Tried, but can't seem to locate it.  Thanks. ...

Can't Find It --
Sep 01, 2010

It sounds like 'feena-chietti' sign used along with Lachman's sign for testing the knee. Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Do Any Of You Find That You Are
Jun 18, 2011

actually faster if you type the report instead of editing with VR?  I have found that sometimes if I type the report myself from scratch, but leave the "speech edited" report at the bottom for reference, I am actually faster.  So, even though I am not making as much per line as I would for a straight typing account, for some jobs (and some days), I make more by completely typing the job myself.  I make 0.516 cpl for editing.  And in someways I feel I need to type sometimes t ...

Anyone Know Or Know How I Can Find Out?
Dec 02, 2010

When you quit, when does your health insurance coverage end?  The last day you work?  Or the last day of your last month? My CCM isn't answering me and every time I try to look on MQ Central it slows to a crawl and I can't find anything. Thanks in advance!   ...

How Do I Find Out Who's Above My CCM?
Jan 07, 2011

I know I wrote this information down somewhere but apparently I lost it.  I need a 500 page notebook to keep all the CCM info straight - new CCM, new page.  Anyway, I've been emailing my current CCM a question all week and she won't answer.  I don't know if I can search for this information on the MQ website or not.  I looked a little bit but didn't get anywhere.  I can't talk to her on the phone because she irritates the %&*& out of me. ...