A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Digital Recorder Question - Loves To Type

Posted: Apr 09, 2013

My pastor wants to record interviews and then have me transcribe them.  If she gets a voice recorder with MP3 and WMA playback will I be able to download the files to my computer?  Does anyone have any suggestions for this type of device?  Thanks!

recorders - 2bz2sleep

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Olympus 3000 and you will need FTP folders to send back and forth.

Similar Messages:

Digital Recorder System
Mar 14, 2013

The physician I work for is needing to purchase a dictation system. He is the only one dictating. There is one inhouse transcriptionist and I type from my home. So as you can see it is a very small clinic setting. What are some recommendations? Thanks! ...

Digital Voice Recorder And Transcriber?
May 02, 2014

Good morning Fellows: I need some advice.  I have to order a recorder to record minutes at the board meeting, but also want to order something that I could maybe plug the digital recorder into that will transcribe the recording, and then all I will have to do it edit. One recorder I am looking at...the Olympus WS-822 4GB Digital Voice Recorder has a USB port that can be plugged into the PC; now just wondering what to order to transcribe the recording.....any thoughts?  All input wil ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

MD Using Sony IC Recorder. How To Transcribe From It?
Aug 10, 2013

I'm picking up some work for a MD that uses a Sony PX312 IC recorder. I'll be doing the work in-house for him but have to figure out how to go about doing this. I have a USB foot pedal that I can plug into his PC but how do I get the audio to work with my foot pedal? I'm thinking that I'll probably have to load the IC files to the PC, then transfer them to an audio player (express scribe?) then play them from there. I've always done this work from home where the files w ...

Olympus Recorder From Doc , And I Am Old And Dumb.
Nov 25, 2013

I recently heard from a local MD asking me to do work, said he was going to buy a tape recorder.  Okay, I get my trusty old equipment out.  Now he calls and says he has bought an Olympus VN 702PC.  I googled it hoping to figure it out, called my more literate son who says I can just use it with forward and pause buttons OR I can connect it to my computer with a USB cord and, "Mom, all you do is open the folder you want and click........."  Of course, I haven't a clue. &n ...

So My Doctor Left His Tape Recorder Running...
May 05, 2010

and kept it in his pocket not only during the next patient's exam, but while he went to the bathroom!  THAT wasn't a sound I expected to have to transcribe! LOL ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

Digital
Nov 12, 2010

A small doc office is changing to digital from microcassettes.. We have checked into Sylvan, Express Script, and Olympus software. Does anyone have an input on the software or any other suggestions? ...

Digital Recorders
Jan 14, 2010

I have a physician that wants to swith to digital recorder so that  he can download the dictations onto the computer and send them to me (via e-mail I'm assuming) then I will type them in Word and e-mail them back to him.  I've used Express Scribe before to listen to reports using foot pedal too and typing them in Word.  Does anybody know if I can still use that software to listen to the reports and how I would get them from my e-mail to the software?  Any informati ...

Can't Believe With All The Digital Technology
Nov 09, 2010

our sound quality is so poor most of the time.  You ought to be able to hear clear as a bell, but I think it is worse than in the olden days.  Sounds like everybody is across the ocean, talking between two tin cans.  ...

Vance Digital
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone know anything about this company and the Toll Free Call in Dictation Plan?   Thanks, Helen ...

Digital Players
Oct 17, 2012

I am using Express Scribe currently and is no longer free.  Since I have to purchase a program, I would like some suggestions on what everybody feels is a good replacement.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions. ...

Digital Or Dtsok
Oct 26, 2014

This company expects the impossible out of their workers while accepting horrible quality audio. First, you have a recruiter calling and praising your qualifications (not to mention taking a 5 part transcription test) and then when you decide to accept their job offer, they put you on an okay audio quality account, but then the 2nd week rolls around,( you are in a different account) and you find yourself replaying the audio and struggling to understand in the midst of static and other ...

Digital Voice Recorders?
Oct 15, 2009

doc finally breaking down and willing to go to digital recorder - any recommendations please. ...

HOW DOES A DIGITAL TRANSCRIBER WORK
Sep 18, 2010

Hello, I needed to know how the digital transcriber works. How would the doctor dictate? Is there an easier way like a 1-800 number the doctor can call in. I have heard of that before. I just need a simple and affordable way to transcribe. ...

ADVICE NEEDED RE: GOING DIGITAL
Jun 21, 2011

Not sure if I have the correct board, but I am looking for advice on how to get my doctors to go digital.  I currently transcribe for a small group of doctors who use tapes.  I am trying to figure out an inexpensive way to get them to go digital.  It has to be a relatively user friendly method since they are very busy and will not want to take the time to learn all kinds of new stuff.  They also will not want to spend a lot to convert to digital.  I currently have ExpressScribe, so I know t ...

Subcutaneous S/l Digital Rear
Jun 18, 2011

The subcutaneous s/l digital rear approximated with absorbable suture.   also if a sentence starts with "2-vessel" shall I change it to "Two-vessel"? ...

Digital Dictation Questions
Mar 25, 2011

I work in a small cancer center with three dictating doctors.  We are still on microcassette tapes, believe it or not!  We just got a new doctor who really wants digital (I do, too).  He has suggested Olympus equipment.  I was thinking of proposing that we go completely with Olympus, dictation/transcription equipment and software.  However, I've researched a little bit about ExpressScribe, GearPlayer, and Phillips equipment.  My main goal is to get it ...

Old Fashioned Transcriptionist In A Digital Age.
Apr 06, 2011

Greetings to all. I would love some insight and advice from all you younger MTs who have been working online from home. A little history - I attended Medical Transcription school 32 years ago, before we even had computers. Worked off and on since then, my last job as an IC with a family practice clinic client consisting of four providers. They were my client for 12 years. I actually picked up and dropped off tapes and transcription every day. They have now switched to digital records using a tem ...

Digital Transcription Systems In OK
Oct 07, 2011

Has anyone applied with them this week?  If so, have you heard back from them?  Their ad says they need 20 transcriptionists immediately... Just wondering as I haven't heard back.  :p ...

Converting Tape To Digital
Nov 02, 2011

Anyone know of a machine that will convert cassette dictation tapes to digital format?  I do work for a doc who uses tapes (he doesn't want to convert to digital).   It's a good job, but I'd much prefer to transcribe using Express Scribe instead of the cassette machine. I've seen some ads on the Internet, but would prefer to go to a reputable store. Thanks for any help!   ...

Info On Digital Recorders
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone know if you can rewind and fast forward with a digital recorder?  If so, any brands you can recommend?   ...

Best Digital Dictation Systems
Apr 20, 2012

I have been a MT for over 30 years and an now looking towards working at home in retirement.  I would like to know what is a popular digital dictation system that is compatible with EHR/EMR systems so I can set up my business at home.  Thanks ...

DTS (digital Transcription Services) Does Anybody Know Anything
Jul 25, 2012

Does anybody know anything about DTS? I have seen their posting on the job board here for transcriptionists with cardiology experience. I see that they offer benefits, vacation, 401K, etc. I am just wondering what the pay scale is like and how the workload is. ...

Going Digital - Transcriptionist For 17 Years
Dec 02, 2012

I have been a transcriptionist for 17 years.  I am currently working for a hospital FT and an orthopedic surgeon PT.  My private practice account is finally making the switch to going digital from microcassettes. I have been researching transcription/dictation options and quite frankly my head is spinning.  I am not certain what my/our best options are regarding foot pedal, voice recording with encryption capabilities and/or FSP site.  This particular physician has been resistant to ch ...

Anybody Use Handheld Digital Recorders?
May 29, 2014

I posted a while ago on tech board but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try it here.  I'd like to switch to digital from tapes and just want simple recorders that have USB cables and the dictation can just be emailed to me (no HIPAA compliance needed in this case). Does anybody have any recommendations/specific model? I don't want something that has to have software installed on the guys' computers, just plug in and it pops up and they can click on it an ...

Digital Transcription Systems? Anything?
Aug 06, 2014

Anyone know about this company?  I saw they are hiring (on Indeed). It looks like a good company but that doesn't mean anything. ...

Digital Transcription Services (DTS)
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone work or has worked for DTS out of Oklahoma? The old posts seem to be several years old. Good or bad? Any info appreciated. ...

Going Digital - HIPAA Questions
Sep 27, 2014

Hi, I have 2 small local doctors that have been using tapes for dictation.  We are going to switch to digital, and I want to be sure I am HIPAA compliant sending and receiving the work. I am looking for recommendations for encryption and how you are transferring the dictation files and report files back and forth. I saw MyDictation which seems reasonable, anyone using this? I have been researching on in the internet, and there seem to be a lot of options, so I appreciate any input on wh ...

General Digital Transcriptionist
May 04, 2015

Looking for experienced digital subcontractor transcriptionist to type focus groups and one-on-one interviews. Please send resumes to vicki@secretarialenterprises.com or secretarialenter@aol.com.  ...