A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What Is This Code? - MTINND

Posted: Nov 24, 2010

Does anyone know what this code is?  It keeps popping up on my blank document prior to CTRL-S to bring in a standard.  

<non-s> and another one with the letters "red-s".   I can't type it in here, because when I do, it leaves a blank instead of those letters in brackets "red-s"

Thanks!

What Is This Code? - MTINND

[ In Reply To ..]

not sure why they are there - but they are s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
non-speech noise (like coughing or clearing throat) (the non-s) and redundant speech (like "End of dictation, thanks") (the red-s). You can turn off the non-s one from showing up using your ASR options. (I'm not at my work computer now, so I can't give you the exact steps).

Do you mean these are SR or VR? - MTINND

[ In Reply To ..]
These files that I am referring to are not in a speech rec file. The files are straight typing.

Even when I bring up my blank document, before I listen to anything, it's at the top left. Not all the time.

Wonder if the speech rec codes are mixed sometimes with regular transcription files?

Thanks in advance!

Yes they are - SR codes

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure why they are showing up in a non-SR file, though.

Next time that happens - derp

[ In Reply To ..]
... file a diagnostic report (it is in the Help menu) and be detailed about what you saw. Those diagnostics go straight to the development team.
Thanks I Will!! - MTINND
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll file a report then. It's happened I would say on approximately 20 files. NONE which were VR or SR ... Weird!!

Thanks for the help!

is dead air - TiggerQA

[ In Reply To ..]
That's just ASR recognizing periods of no speech.

Similar Messages:

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

Now There's A Whole New Pay Code
Mar 14, 2013

we now have the option of "Excused Absence - No Work".  ...

To Code Or Not
Mar 15, 2014

The truth is that transcription has changed and it will never go back to the good old days.  Mmodal sees this too.  They are shifting as is the norm these days.  Nothing is static.  They are transitioning and they are inviting you to go with them.  I am glad to see a training program for coders.  There are not enough coders out here.  Please be prepared to work your butt off.  Take it, work it, and learn it.  Coding is a unique, important, challenging ...

Code Blue
Oct 15, 2009

It is transcribed Code Blue or code blue?  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Code Blue, CODE BLUE, Or Code Blue?
Mar 16, 2010

Thanks for help.  Brain doesn't seem to be working this morning ...

3-2-1 Code It ! 2nd Edition
Jan 07, 2011

Has anyone ever used this textbook and accompanying workbook? I was wondering if the answers were provided for the workbook before ordering it. Thanks ...

My Road To Code...
Feb 25, 2011

Hi coders,  I'm an MT with many years of experience and am trying to break into coding and billing.  I am starting with an on line course to get the basics and overview of the process. When I am done with that I will take a class at my community college to refresh and hopefully network.  Does this sound like a good plan to anyone?  Anything to recommend to be supplementing so I will do well on whatever certification tests are necessary when the time comes?  Thanks! ...

WRKA Code/help
Dec 28, 2011

Can anyone tell me when we receive NJA do we sign out immediately and then sign back in with the WRKA procedure highlighted in teamwork and without closing out docqscribe and waiting for the 15 minutes and say we do get work within 15 minute period do we just continue to be signed in until we are ready to sign off? I'm confused with this.  I know they want us to do the coding now in the teamwork for this 15 minute pay. TIA ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

A Code GI Bleeding?
Jan 30, 2012

Am I hearing this right? History of iron-deficiency anemia due to a (s/l code) GI bleeding. ...

BRCA Code
Apr 13, 2012

Doc dictates "BRCA thirty-two ninety-seven deletion six"   what is the proper way to type that value.  I've tried googling it and can't come up w/ anything I'm comfortable with. ...

Does Anyone Code For MModal?
Oct 17, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Need Help With A Code For Rehab
Oct 19, 2012

What is the code number for this statement: "Ultrasound with dexamethasone to Achilles tendon" Is it the iontophoresis code of 97033? Thanks for any help! ...

How Do You Code Your Timecard When You Are OOW?
Sep 14, 2014

I am asking because I've heard conflicting info.  I do, though, read the Employee Manual, but it appears as with everything Nuance, the Employee Manual can just be disregarded at will if it suits an agenda.  ...

Code Status Is S/l Full Let And DNR
Oct 16, 2009

code status is s/l full let and DNR ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

How Do I Create A Jump Code?
Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please? Thank you so much! ...

Code Of Conduct Training
Nov 11, 2010

Does anyone know if we will get paid for the time it takes us to complete the Code of Conduct course we have to do by Nov 30th? ...

Code Of Conduct, HIPAA?
Nov 12, 2010

What a joke. They come down on us so hard about this, but there is information on ADT we have no reason to see such as SS numbers. I have a couple of dictators who actually dictate the patient's SS number and say to put it on the report. Not to mention the wrong patient information and cc names given by the dictators. I now will always leave a QA note every time a cc name is given without the first and last name or any ADT names given without first and last name. With thousands of MTs wor ...

Code Of Conduct, Is It A Setup?
Nov 21, 2010

Anyone suspicious of this push to get us to sign the Code of Conduct?  I know we've signed it before, but something tells me there's a clause in there that is going to enable them to get rid of many of us by the end of the year.  Just curious if anyone else thought so, too? ...

Full Code Status
Dec 31, 2010

Do I capitalize "full code status" ie, The patient was on full code status. ...

What I Am Enjoying About Learning To Code
Sep 24, 2011

Hello all, I thought I would pop on here and let you know what I am enjoying about learning to code.  First off, I am a medical transcriptionist attemtping to transition into a new area.  I started taking the Andrews School program and am enjoying it.  It's difficult, but I am confident I am learning something.  I admit I do struggle with working as an MT because my mind wanders terribly, so badly I often have to go back and re-read the entire report to make certai ...

Looks Like There's A New Company Code For Teamwork Too
Jan 24, 2012

xx ...

DNR DNI Versus Full Code
Sep 27, 2012

Wow, now I have something that could have caused someone to die. Right at the end of a long report, VR shows the patient is DNR DNI, when he really said the patient is full code!  How easy that could have been missed! ...

Jump Code For Shorthand
Oct 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to do a jump code in shorthand?  I have it in word but I need the code for Shorthand,  I will be eternally grateful.  ...

How To Do A Jump Code In Shorthand
Oct 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to do a jump code in Shorthand, am desperate.  I can do it in Word but need Shorthand code, will be eternally grateful (shine your shoes, diaper your babies, etc)! ...

Anyone Know Where We Are Supposed To Get A Registration Code For Benchmark?
Apr 11, 2010

I'm trying to register but it asks for a "registration code" that has apparently been sent via email from "InterFix."  ????  I don't see any emails from InterFix. ...

Business Activity Code For Taxes?
Feb 07, 2012

Help please.   What business activity *type *code do you use if you are an IC? ...

Where Is The Code To Claim This Wasted Time
Mar 19, 2012

I got no code. ...