A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you code your timecard when you are OOW? - sm

Posted: Sep 14, 2014

I am asking because I've heard conflicting info.  I do, though, read the Employee Manual, but it appears as with everything Nuance, the Employee Manual can just be disregarded at will if it suits an agenda. 

Are you punching out? - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are punching out because you have no work when you pull up your time card before you press the end button or if you have then you can go in and modify it but where there is the comment section you hit the down arrow and a whole lot of options come up as to why are you are doing whatever it is you are doing and there are 2 OOW options, one is that you are OOW and to notify your supervisor and the other one says OOW flexing schedule which just means that you are punching out but you are going to get your time in just later.

Depends on your supervisor - Some are devious!

[ In Reply To ..]
Like you said, the employee manual does outline what we're supposed to do, but the last 2 manager's I've had have specifically told me not to do that. The reason? "Because if you select OOW on your time card, that gets printed on a report to the higher ups and they wonder why you're OOW."

Now, I've tried to ignore this and cited the handbook, even said, "don't we want the higher ups to know that we're out of work so that they can get us more accounts, etc.?" Of course, I was told to just follow what I was told.

However, we are to "note" on our UPTO that we have to enter that the time is for OOW. I suppose if I ever tried to file for underemployement, they could see that the time I'm entering has those comments, but I still feel it's super fishy!

depends on your supervisor - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing, I was told not to use OOW on my time card. However, the time card is to be an accurate reflection of time worked (or not worked) and is a legal document. Are we to pick and choose what in the Employee Manual we will follow? Try that and see how far you get. Yes, the TSM gets a report. Is it a reflection on him/her? If there is no work, or if the work has been taken from one and given to another so that one ends up with only a few hours of work that day and nothing else forthcoming, then yes, it is a reflection on the TSM, not the employee who wants to work. Besides, how to explain why you get MUP when the time comes threatening you for using it. You gotta have a track record pinpointing it. If not in webclock, where then?

Depends on your supervisor. sm - utterly ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
What you both have been told to do is insane. Whose butt is being protected? The TSM's butt for not adjusting workflows? My TSM follows the employee handbook regarding OOW situations.

Always used the OOW - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
Have never been told otherwise and if i am OOW then I am going to indicate that. I have only my own back to cover and I am not going to lie about it. Fire me if you must but I am not going to put something fraudulent on my time card.

Similar Messages:

Do We Have To Add PTO To Timecard Or They Do?
Dec 26, 2013

If so, how to I do that.  I don't see an option in timecard for PTO? ...

Timecard Approval
Aug 17, 2010

So, what happens if your CCM can't figure out how to do the edits on your timecard because you work graveyard, won't answer your phone calls or emails about the error and you can't approve your timecard? ...

How Can It Be Legal For CCM To Add PTO On Timecard
Sep 10, 2012

I am scheduled for 35 hours a week.  If I only got 28 hours last week becuase of the holiday (no work) and the day after (no work), and not being able to make up all of that time, how is it legal that the CCM just takes my PTO and adds that to my timesheet to cover that 7 hours?  I thought we can be released with no pay.  I mean, geez... I did not request the holiday off, I signed on for my shift and only got a couple hours.  That is not my fault they overstaffed the holiday. ...

Is It Okay To Have A Conflict On Timecard?
Apr 18, 2013

I am using the excused absence - out of work leave type.  Since it is happening during my shift, it shows as a conflict.  Do I need to change it so there is no conflict? I think they should change their system so that it doesn't show a conflict, but then I think a lot of things that are not going to happen. ...

Timecard Correction
Nov 26, 2013

I forgot to clock out today and can't remember how to fix that in time schedule or whatever it is called.  Anyone remember? ...

Put My 6 Minutes In Timecard For NJA, But
Jan 01, 2014

put it on Thursday instead of Wednesday. I am a day ahead of myself I guess. How do I delete that off Thursday? It keeps saying something about alert when I try taking on Thursday. Any suggestions? ...

New Training What Goes On Timecard
Oct 15, 2014

I finally listened to that stupid thing and I know we can take 15 minutes right?  What option do we pick when we put the time on our card?  Thanks ...

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

Totally Botched Up Timecard
Jul 05, 2011

Can anyone tell me where I can find the instructions in order to add a correction to my time card please?  I have totally botched up my timecard in the last couple of days so for the past 2 days I have 64 hours!  I have clicked and clicked on every button there and cannot for the life of me see where I would make a correction entry.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

What Is This Code?
Nov 24, 2010

Does anyone know what this code is?  It keeps popping up on my blank document prior to CTRL-S to bring in a standard.   <non-s> and another one with the letters "red-s".   I can't type it in here, because when I do, it leaves a blank instead of those letters in brackets "red-s" Thanks! ...

Now There's A Whole New Pay Code
Mar 14, 2013

we now have the option of "Excused Absence - No Work".  ...

To Code Or Not
Mar 15, 2014

The truth is that transcription has changed and it will never go back to the good old days.  Mmodal sees this too.  They are shifting as is the norm these days.  Nothing is static.  They are transitioning and they are inviting you to go with them.  I am glad to see a training program for coders.  There are not enough coders out here.  Please be prepared to work your butt off.  Take it, work it, and learn it.  Coding is a unique, important, challenging ...

Code Blue
Oct 15, 2009

It is transcribed Code Blue or code blue?  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Code Blue, CODE BLUE, Or Code Blue?
Mar 16, 2010

Thanks for help.  Brain doesn't seem to be working this morning ...

3-2-1 Code It ! 2nd Edition
Jan 07, 2011

Has anyone ever used this textbook and accompanying workbook? I was wondering if the answers were provided for the workbook before ordering it. Thanks ...

My Road To Code...
Feb 25, 2011

Hi coders,  I'm an MT with many years of experience and am trying to break into coding and billing.  I am starting with an on line course to get the basics and overview of the process. When I am done with that I will take a class at my community college to refresh and hopefully network.  Does this sound like a good plan to anyone?  Anything to recommend to be supplementing so I will do well on whatever certification tests are necessary when the time comes?  Thanks! ...

WRKA Code/help
Dec 28, 2011

Can anyone tell me when we receive NJA do we sign out immediately and then sign back in with the WRKA procedure highlighted in teamwork and without closing out docqscribe and waiting for the 15 minutes and say we do get work within 15 minute period do we just continue to be signed in until we are ready to sign off? I'm confused with this.  I know they want us to do the coding now in the teamwork for this 15 minute pay. TIA ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

A Code GI Bleeding?
Jan 30, 2012

Am I hearing this right? History of iron-deficiency anemia due to a (s/l code) GI bleeding. ...

BRCA Code
Apr 13, 2012

Doc dictates "BRCA thirty-two ninety-seven deletion six"   what is the proper way to type that value.  I've tried googling it and can't come up w/ anything I'm comfortable with. ...

Does Anyone Code For MModal?
Oct 17, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Need Help With A Code For Rehab
Oct 19, 2012

What is the code number for this statement: "Ultrasound with dexamethasone to Achilles tendon" Is it the iontophoresis code of 97033? Thanks for any help! ...

Code Status Is S/l Full Let And DNR
Oct 16, 2009

code status is s/l full let and DNR ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

How Do I Create A Jump Code?
Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please? Thank you so much! ...

Code Of Conduct Training
Nov 11, 2010

Does anyone know if we will get paid for the time it takes us to complete the Code of Conduct course we have to do by Nov 30th? ...

Code Of Conduct, HIPAA?
Nov 12, 2010

What a joke. They come down on us so hard about this, but there is information on ADT we have no reason to see such as SS numbers. I have a couple of dictators who actually dictate the patient's SS number and say to put it on the report. Not to mention the wrong patient information and cc names given by the dictators. I now will always leave a QA note every time a cc name is given without the first and last name or any ADT names given without first and last name. With thousands of MTs wor ...

Code Of Conduct, Is It A Setup?
Nov 21, 2010

Anyone suspicious of this push to get us to sign the Code of Conduct?  I know we've signed it before, but something tells me there's a clause in there that is going to enable them to get rid of many of us by the end of the year.  Just curious if anyone else thought so, too? ...

Full Code Status
Dec 31, 2010

Do I capitalize "full code status" ie, The patient was on full code status. ...