A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Average rate per line in California - Emmalee

Posted: Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself!

Pay - Carol3

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope you have a business lic. It is required in all states, but the penalty is the biggest in California. Try 9 cents per line, only way you will get your foot in the door and good luck at that

Similar Messages:

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Average Hourly Rate
Jun 29, 2011

I'm re-applying to MQ as I desperately need a job.  My question is, are you all able to make at least $10.00 per hour still??  I ask because in searching around, it looks like $10.00 is the best I'm going to be able to do.  I do radiology so I will probably end up doing a lot of editing which I have never done before, so I'm just curious to see if $10.00 is realistic doing both straight typing and/or editing?  Any info appreciated.  Such a shame that its c ...

What Is Average Hourly Rate Paid By Major Healthcare System
Oct 26, 2011

for transcriptionists.  Always been paid by line count production and now I am looking at an hourly rate.  Company won't tell me pay rate until interview.  Afraid that it will only be like $10 an hour and don't want to bother with interview if it will be too low.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Line Counts - What Is The Average Lph On VR Escription?
Dec 09, 2012

What is the average lph on VR escription?  Is it true, 700 lph is a possibility?  If so, HOW is that accomplished with accuracy?  I would appreciate any tricks/suggestions to achieving that goal :) ...

Just Curious About Average Daily Line Counts
Jan 16, 2011

I am just curious here. For those of you who work an 8-hour day with lunch break, other breaks, etc, what is your average daily line count? ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

What Is AVERAGE Line Count Per Hour For An MT To Type
Aug 17, 2013

Just wondering, what is an Average line count per hour for an MT?  I worked in a pathology office for almost 5 years, but we never kept count of lines per hour.  When we pulled an audit once, we were only typing about 700-800 a day between myself and the lady I worked with.  I had to pull all the slides for the doctor, help with grossing, assist in frozen sections, etc.  I was hired for a job where they want me to type 135 lines per hour, that's ...

What Is The Average Line Count That MTs Can Edit Per Hour?
Mar 26, 2014

Thinking of applying at Nuance, what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour? ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Breitner - Information On Their Average Line Counts On EditScript?
Jan 18, 2014

Can any current employees share information on their average line counts on EditScript? TIA ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

Futurenet, Thinking About Applying, Need Average Line Count 8 Hours
Mar 26, 2015

Could some of you give me a general idea of what your daily line count is per 8 hour day on their SR program.  I am a single mom with 2 kids at home and need to know if I can make enough money with their SR program to pay my house payment, food, etc.  ...

Per Line Rate
Oct 13, 2009

Is it typical to be paid a higher per line rate with a clinic account or a hospital account? ...

PT Line Rate Cut
Nov 25, 2009

I  know a lot of us wonder what the reason is for PT status MTs to lose 1/2 cpl.  We have been told that it is because at some point we could possibly switch to FT.  If our bank, where we have our checking and savings accounts would send us a letter telling us that starting next month we would have to start paying $200 per month for our house payment, even though we do not own a house, but this was just in case some day we might, I think we would all tell that bank they were nuts ...

LINE RATE FOR VR?
Nov 03, 2010

Hi.  I used to work for MQ when they started VR.  The original pay cut was 20% of CPL.  I know it is much lower now.  What are they currently paying for VR.  Not interested in coming back but just curious.  I left when they took away our primary accounts and started to send us reports from God Knows Where...Each report from a different account.  Do they still do that also?  Thanks in advance. ...

Rate Per Line
Nov 09, 2010

does anyone know what the going rate for line count (not character) is?  someone is wanting to hire me for $.03 per line and i thought that was robbery ...

ASR Line Rate?
Feb 04, 2012

I was told that if they have to keep supplementing your paychecks to get you to mini wage then they will have to take action.  What is the logic here?  On the accounts that I work on I have yet to break 160 lines an hour and mostly stay around 150. I swear it just can't be done.  All I get is ASR.... so here is the math... 150X.04 (I think) = $6.40 The requirement to keep my job is only 120, so really I am doing 40 more lines than I should.  Here is what I need to ...

VR Line Rate
Apr 05, 2012

The company is moving over the VR.  Currently I am paid 9.5 cents a line for straight typing.  Can anyone tell me what would be an equivalent line rate in VR? I appreciate any input.  Thank you. ...

$$ Line Rate For VR?
Feb 25, 2013

Can someone please tell me the variables for VR line rate?? Highest amount per line anyone is making? I have been offered .045, is this average or low? ...

Line Rate?
Mar 20, 2014

I just got laid off after 9 years of getting paid by the hour.  At the end I was making $12.50 per hour that was with a large pay cut I got last year.   I have no clue of what is a good line rate and how much that approximately equals per hour.  I have read posts saying people are making mininum wage.  What rate should I look for and how much per hour would that be for part time work? ...

QA/QC 0% And 0.07 Line Rate? Why?
Dec 17, 2014

I am Ambulatory.  My time card says my QA and QC are 0% and my line rate is 0.07.  What???  Like someone else who posted on here, I only have 1 score in FIESA from back in the beginning of December, and that score was 100%. Does anyone have any insight into why my line rate is 0.07 and why my QA and QC are 0%??  Anybody else in Ambulatory seeing the same on their time cards??     ...