A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does this new QA-First Time system make - anyone else nervous?

Posted: Mar 14, 2010

I have come to not trust MQ and I am feeling as though this is another way of bilking us for lines, ease in firing, or something.  Am I alone here, or just being paranoid?

I think EVERYONE is feeling this way. - PARANOID!

[ In Reply To ..]
This is how this company runs. They make up all kinds of excuses why they have to do things THEIR WAY! It is now because of cost savings while some other suits on this board posted it is because the clients want it! Sure, right! Hahaha.

i'd be paranoid if i cared. they can fire me. I'll take the - unemployment check

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It should only make the MMEs nervous. They - will be out of a job soon

[ In Reply To ..]
as far as QA for us Americans goes. We are all either guessing or sending blanks to hospital because we know no one could get them, right ? So that just leaves the Indian work for the MMEs. Pretty soon the Indian QA people will be good enough to do it all on their own so that means MMEs will become MTs and MEs again most of the time.
So I am not nervous. This is just a way to turn everyone back into MTs and pay them less if they still try to use the MMEs as QA people ! And of course save money somehow. Haven't figured out yet how this saves the Q money, but it must or they would not have done it.

You are either kidding or uninformed. QA/MME have mostly been - out of work for months.

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope! We are still here and going to be here. We are just good old fashioned MT/MEs now.

I have done exactly 15 QA jobs in the last 2 months. And I am still here. I have had no QA jobs for the past week. Mostly I do ASR, then straight typing. My work is usually 90% ASR, 9% straight transcription and 1% QA.

The former QA now MMEs are not that lucky to get laid off. I honestly wish I would. I would end up way better off.

Not so ! MMEs in Southeast have had - solid QA - no MT or ME

[ In Reply To ..]
since probably last September sometime.
And we are always out of turnaround on weekends and being asked to work OT.
Interesting. Ialso thought MT were mostly out of work - in the south too.
[ In Reply To ..]
Thinking this through. So, lots of MEE work, but no MT work in the south.
Not a lot of MME work in my service area. - Has not been. Today there was NONE.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not all are experiencing the same thing.

In this post I meant since December - - not since September.
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
YES SO! In my service area. You are not aware that not all - areas have the SAME work flow.
[ In Reply To ..]
I KNOW WHAT I DO EVERY DAY. EXCUSE ME.

Not all service areas have been hit yet, but they will be.

You can believe it!!!

Nervous? Please Please Please lay me off MQ! - I even asked straight up to be laid off.

[ In Reply To ..]
I think most MMEs would JUMP at the opportunity for free schooling and more money with UE than we are taking in now compared to what we used to make as QA.

I asked my CCM to lay me off and she would not.

So, don't think the MMEs are going anywhere before anyone else.

Sorry.

Yep, It's a no-win situation. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'm three weeks out from quitting and the more I read on here about everybody's experiences with MQ, the angrier I feel. Nice to know I'm not alone.

Similar Messages:

TTS In New Hampshire - Can You Make $ With Their System And Their Rate Of Pay?
Nov 15, 2012

Hi. I accepted a position a few weeks ago, waiting to get started due to my scheduling conflict. I am wondering though, currents MTs or past MTs, did you actually make good paydays working with them? They seem very friendly. I am just worried if I can make good money with them. The rate of pay seems low. ...

System Down, They Expect You To Work Extra To Make Up For It
Jan 11, 2013

I like how CCM says that we need to work extra to make up for the downtime. Uh..I do have a life outside of Mmodal. Not my fault the system is down day after day. ...

Struggling To Make Weekly Linecount W/new System
Sep 27, 2013

My place of business has switched from a very streamlined transcription system to one that is VERY subpar.  Process to complete just 1 document is as follows: 1) When a new job comes up to be transcribed I have to first adjust settings and choose clinician, patient and corresponding DOS, type of document/letter, etc.  Then I have to work simultaeously with MS Word open - go to my template in Word (cause I had to make ALL NEW templates when we went to this new compa ...

How Is System Time Added Up?
Jul 11, 2012

Dear MT got a review complaining about several things, but the mystery one is "System time is 5 hrs longer than time clock time" and words like "bad because it makes it look like you are working off-the-clock". Okay... how do you stop the 'system time' clock?  Stop typing?  Does the clock stop when you upload, start when you download? Stop if you leave Docqscribe? Stop if you step out for a Google/email/look up a reference? Stop only if you log out of everything? She was in ...

Make Up Time
Sep 30, 2012

Do we still have to make up time in the evening on Friday? ...

NJA And Make Up Time
Feb 18, 2013

Been talking with another MT/ME about NJA and makeup  time.  She was told/asked by her supervisor to change shifts.  She brought up the fact that work was being shipped to India and was told that was not the case that she just  needed a different schedule.  How is that going to help? She is on day shift now.  People on second and third are running out of work.  Confused how changing work schedule will change  NJA.  Can't wait to hear what her man ...

What Do You Do If You Cannot Make Up Time?
Sep 05, 2013

I cannot be at my computer all hours throughout the day, that is why I signed up for a particular shift! I am part time, have had littel work for a long time, and almost no PTO. What are some of you doing in a case like this? Seems as if the only option is to let you go, because you are not compling (or just cannot ) or you quit! ...

MAKE UP TIME WEEKEND?????
Jun 07, 2012

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???? Asking to "help them out" on Saturday for those who needed to make up work!!! Got 18 hours last week and only 5 this week, where was all the work then???? Rather file for unemployment than to do this weekend work anymore.  ...

When There's Never Any Work To Make Up Your Time,
Nov 19, 2012

you don't have any PTO left from using it all up on NJA, and you have to just take off without pay, what does that do as far as your insurance?  Will you lose it?   I guess the lesson here is to only take a couple of days of PTO & save the rest for NJA in the fall/winter...? ...

How Much Does An At-home MT Make Part Time?
Nov 08, 2009

I was wondering if anyone would share their wages with me, because  I read on this forum that lots of MT's are upset about the way that the MT schools are saying that you can "make so much money", and I am going through careerstep (about to take my final actually). I wanted to realistically grasp how much money I could really be making with this career. I am wanting home-based because I have an infant child.     ...

Are There Any Companies Who Don't Make Their QAs Transcribe All The Time?
Dec 07, 2009

I became a QA years ago because of carpal tunnel, and the last couple of companies I've worked for have hired me to QA but never had enough QA work, and I've ended up transcribing most of the time.  My hands simply cannot take it, so any leads would be greatly appreciated!  Please feel free to email me! ...

When Clocking Out For Breaks, How Do You Make Up Time?
Oct 21, 2013

If I clock out to go to the bathroom, how do I make up the time and stay within my "scheduled hours"?  Just wondering how everyone else works this out.  Apparently, they no have a perfomance checker to correlate when clocked in and actually on what you are doing in DQM now.  Also, does anyone know how to check the time worked in DQM? ...

Does Being A Long-time MT Make You More Valuable If You Become A Coder?
Mar 28, 2010

So if someone has been an MT for 10 years and then moves onto coding, does that make them more valuable to employers? Also do you recommend the Andrews School over the rest?  I am pretty sure I am going to do this but am wondering if I should sit in college class and do all of this or go with the Andrews School. Is there really a PLUS to taking the classes on campus in a classroom setting?  Thanks! ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

Make More Money Full Time At McDonalds
Jan 23, 2015

.07 cpl, paying once a month with a fee if direct deposit is utilized?  Geez, thought my job was hideous...  I could literally make more money working minimum wage 40 hours a week.  It is sad what this has come too. 19 years of hard work and dedication to watch it waste away...  ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

How Many Employees Make Under Minimum Wage & Use A Time Clock?
Jun 27, 2014

I recently started working for a new MTSO and am employee-status for the first time.  We use a time clock.  My LPH is half what it should be due to the volume of horrid dictators. When that rare miracle happens and I get all good dictators for an hour my LPH double and meets requirement. My concern is:  How many are fired because they don't meet the required volume for fear of FSLA suits?  Is this still happening like it was a year ago?   What can we do when the l ...

Keystrokes Is Going To A "time Clock" System In August?
Jun 09, 2011

So, have you heard that Keystrokes is going to a "time clock" system in August?  If this really goes through, this may be the straw... I have put up with all the other stuff going on there.  I constantly help out on other accounts as well as getting my own work done.  But, if I have to punch a clock, when I have been able to flex for 4 years, I don't think I'm gonna do it!  First off, there is no way I can sit for 8 hours straight.  I get my work done in 4 hours or so and then ...

"Friday Is A Great Day To Make Up Time Missed."
Mar 05, 2015

SIX  (6) accounts and NO work this morning.  Calling for OT for the weekend. Status report says Friday is a great day to make up time missed...I did not miss any time. ...I am OOW.  There are NO jobs.  This is the time Nuance scheduled me to work and there is no work for me to do...I am NOT working overtime and I am not making up "missed time." I follow protocol about being OOW and no one responds.       ...

Camus System? (computer System)
Dec 26, 2013

I cannot find documentation on this.  The context appears to be the imaging and labs and the doctors have been dictating the system is down.  Thank you for any help! ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...