A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS in New Hampshire - can you make $ with their system and their rate of pay? - Maggie

Posted: Nov 15, 2012

Hi. I accepted a position a few weeks ago, waiting to get started due to my scheduling conflict. I am wondering though, currents MTs or past MTs, did you actually make good paydays working with them? They seem very friendly. I am just worried if I can make good money with them. The rate of pay seems low.

TTS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Run while you still have the chance. She is one miserable person to work for irregardless of good or bad pay. It isn't what is "seems"!!!

If you ask a lot of questions that...SM - Peanut

[ In Reply To ..]
she perceives as disrespectful (even though they might not be), "she" may fire off a nasty email. If you "act" courteous and choose your words carefully, you will be okay. I found that the owner is the only one you have to watch out for; maybe one other person who is not half as bad. BUT to answer your question, after a year of being on the same 2 accounts, I'm averaging between $10 and $12 dollars an hour, but for me it's only supplemental income. It wouldn't be enough for me to live on as my only income. I'm also not the fastest MT in the world but my QA scores are always over 99% and sometimes even 100%.

They offered me a job, but here are the problems...sm - Maggie

[ In Reply To ..]
It is VR which they quoted me a very low line rate of 0.035 cents per line. I hesitated on the phone but accepted (to give myself time to think about it). Then they emailed me an offer letter showing less than that for my line rate. I asked if they had shift differential/weekend differential and they said this was INCLUDED already with the quoted price. My husband said not to take it. So I am thinking I will not be taking it. I know pay isn't great these days with VR but that is kind of insulting, especially with the experience I have and my high testing score for them.

Not a good place at TTS - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there for 2 years, have 25 years of experience. Started on the Dictaphone platform at over 4 cpl but then because of problems I got a different account on Escription, which was a great platform but the pay was 0.35 cpl, an insult to say the least. All was well until I asked them why they were always asking for help on this site and others, and then I was called by the owner and threatened by her because I was "bad-mouthing" her company. What!!! I am merely asking why do you post ads saying, oh there is plenty of work, come work for us, but yet I was running out of work???? Stay away, believe me. If you like being micro-managed even though you have tons of experience, forget about it............. Run, run, run!!!!
Thanks for the input! I will stay away! nm - Maggie
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not worth the aggravation Maggie - lka
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked the 2nd shift and they told me the same thing that the differential was included... what a crock, but I am sorry, I consider myself a highly skilled MT and that is just an insult!!!

I just turned down a job with them - Too low

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the test for TTS and was contacted the next day and told that I got 49/50 questions correct and they were very interested in me. The recruiter was very friendly and it seemed like a good company, so I accepted a position on an eScription account. I then got the official offer letter from them and immediately changed my mind as soon as I saw the pay rates they were offering me, which were 0.0675 for straight typing and 0.0348 for editing. NO THANK YOU!!! I made more than that straight typing at my very first MT job years ago! I have since taken a position with a much better company who pays significantly more for both typing and editing. There was just no way I could make a decent living at TTS with that sort of pay.

Where did you end up? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also turned down a position with them as I just felt really uneasy and had heard so many horrible things about them. The pay rates they sent me on paper were not the same as on the phone. Ugh.....

Similar Messages:

Does This New QA-First Time System Make
Mar 14, 2010

I have come to not trust MQ and I am feeling as though this is another way of bilking us for lines, ease in firing, or something.  Am I alone here, or just being paranoid? ...

System Down, They Expect You To Work Extra To Make Up For It
Jan 11, 2013

I like how CCM says that we need to work extra to make up for the downtime. Uh..I do have a life outside of Mmodal. Not my fault the system is down day after day. ...

Struggling To Make Weekly Linecount W/new System
Sep 27, 2013

My place of business has switched from a very streamlined transcription system to one that is VERY subpar.  Process to complete just 1 document is as follows: 1) When a new job comes up to be transcribed I have to first adjust settings and choose clinician, patient and corresponding DOS, type of document/letter, etc.  Then I have to work simultaeously with MS Word open - go to my template in Word (cause I had to make ALL NEW templates when we went to this new compa ...

What Is Average Hourly Rate Paid By Major Healthcare System
Oct 26, 2011

for transcriptionists.  Always been paid by line count production and now I am looking at an hourly rate.  Company won't tell me pay rate until interview.  Afraid that it will only be like $10 an hour and don't want to bother with interview if it will be too low.  ...

TTS, LLC In New Hampshire?
Feb 24, 2012

Anyone know about this company, TTS, LLC in New Hampshire?  Do they allow their IC's to work independently?  Is their platform one that allows you to be productive?  Does it take a lot to get set up and going?  Is their pay decent?  Thanks. ...

What About TTS LLC In New Hampshire???
May 03, 2012

I know there are posts here from years past, but I have not seen anything recent here.  Is anybody working there fairly satisfied with their job?  I am afraid to ask if you are happy, because that would be stretching it.   I see they are hiring again.  Do they have enough work right now?  Thanks for any answers.    ...

TTS In New Hampshire?
Aug 24, 2012

Does anyone have any current info on TTS out of New Hampshire?  I was thinking about sending them my resume, but wanted to find out what they're like to work for first.  I did a search in the archives and I couldn't seem to find any posts more recent than 2009 on them.  Does anyone have more recent info?  Are they a good company to work for?  Do they overstaff accounts and run out of work frequently?  How about the platform?  Do they pay well?  A ...

TTS In New Hampshire ?
Nov 12, 2012

Does anyone have any current info on TTS out of NH?  I see that they have an ad running and I was thinking about applying, but I wanted to get some feedback on them first from anyone who works for them or who has worked for them in the recent past.  I looked through the archives, but most of the stuff I found on them was at least a couple of years old and older.  I'm mainly wondering if they overstaff accounts and consistently run out of work like so many other companies out there.  Add ...

Information About TTS In New Hampshire?
Sep 06, 2010

Does anyone have recent information about TTS in New Hampshire?  ...

TTS In New Hampshire - Good/bad?
Aug 05, 2011

Thinking of applying.  Any comments about them, good/bad? ...

TTS In New Hampshire - Any And All information
Mar 27, 2012

I have an interview scheduled with TTS in New Hampshire.  I know there's a lot of reference to them on the board, but I'd really like to hear from those who are working there now.  I would really appreciate any and all information.  TIA! ...

Camus System? (computer System)
Dec 26, 2013

I cannot find documentation on this.  The context appears to be the imaging and labs and the doctors have been dictating the system is down.  Thank you for any help! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

8:25 EST - Is The System Down? Nm
Jul 14, 2010

I can't access the demographics and my jobs are neither uploading nor downloading.  It's not my Internet connection. ...

System Down Pay
Jul 15, 2010

Did anyone work last night when the system went down for a bit?  Has anyone heard if we will be paid for that lost hour or is it our responsibility to make this up also?  It fries me as last night I HAD work and today I don't.  What is the use of getting PTO if you can't let amount to anything so that you can take time off when you want or need to? ...

System Down??
Aug 30, 2011

Anyone else having trouble.  Cannot connect to DocQscribe or my email!! ...

This System
May 13, 2012

beyond repair.  We let it go on far too long, the abuses.  The lawsuit will help, but it is not enough, and it will take too long. I shouldn't be complaining about making minimum wage or less than minimum wage or be bullied into changing my timesheet.  I shouldn't have to see any posts on here telling me I must be a bad MT if I only make minimum wage.   I have spyware loaded onto my computer that watches me.  Something is not right here folks.   ...

Whole System Down
Jan 11, 2013

The whole freaking system is down!!  I LOVE it.  I hope they are losing millions$$$$ ...

CRY System???
Mar 03, 2013

I'm doing a total hip arthroplasty. The dictator is using a "CRY system." Can anyone tell me the actual spelling of this?     Thanks! ...

System Down Or Is It Me?
Sep 04, 2013

x ...

System Down For Me, Too
Oct 28, 2013

Crap. ...

System Down? 6:11 A.m. CST
Dec 24, 2013

Anybody else? ...

System Up/down
Feb 25, 2014

Well, I got in....typed a report....and then it would not upload, so I am sure I lost it.  I am not going to try again until it shows a green light, or sup says we are up again. ...

Is The System Down AGAIN???
Nov 12, 2014

I just finished a lengthy report and it's trying to upload but won't.  Is the system down again?  If it is, what does this make, 3 times in the last couple of weeks?  ...

System Up Now
Nov 12, 2014

I just got back in.  Let's give this another go.  :/ ...

While I Want To See The POD System
Jan 26, 2015

Fail in epic proportions, as it eventually will, looking at the mess made of the reports on MY main account makes me sick to my stomach. ...