A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

RESEARCHING AN MTSO'S REP, FISCAL INTEGRITY, ETC.: HOW TO? - FourGalore

Posted: Jul 22, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I'm in between jobs and need to find MT work stat.  I want to avoid disreputable MTSOs; I want to "head them off at the pass", so to speak.

Does anyone have a method by which they research the reputation, financial integrity, etc., of an MTSO before they proceed with even submitting their resume to them?  It's not the most prudent idea in the world to give your own personal data to an online entity who has the potential to misuse or abuse them.

I have considered looking up MTSOs on one of the world's largest corporate credit reporting agencies.  I used to have access to this database for free at work several years ago, but I don't know if nowadays you need to pay in order to access the d-base online.  I could not as I am 100% broke!  Also, perhaps not all MTSOs would be included in D & B due to their size, "mode of operation", and so on. 

I hope I don't sound too "fussy" or "finicky" about the company I work for, colleagues.  I am just way too vulnerable right now fiscally and health-wise.  I am trying to get off SSDI.  This is extremely, extremely intimidating for me.

There's no one I can trust implicitly who could help me make an MTSO choice.

I want to avoid known problems, unsought Federal government intervention, taking too great a risk, going through a lot of unnecessary heartache, etc.

Thank-you  for your kind suggestions.  Have a pleasant remainder of your weekend!

FourGalore

I don't know that it matters - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You can research up the ying-yang and I don't really think that will give you an "absolute" on what your experience will be.

The biggest factor of whether an MTSO is a good fit is a crapshoot of what account you will end up on, who your team lead will be, etc. None of that is going to come out in reasearching a company.

They all basically pay the same low wages.

And, in the end I suspect there will be only 2 left standing, Nuance and MModal. So you could do a bunch of research, find this shangrila company only to be sold to one of these 2 at some point.

If you need a job stat, take a bunch of tests, and weigh the offers of those you pass and take the best one.

No research needed. They're all labor scofflaws. - Greedy. Evil. Sweatshops. U-name-it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

If You Are Researching An MTSO That Has Never Been Mentioned (sm)
Aug 21, 2010

on this board and BBB has no listing for them where can you go to do a research of them other than paying for a background search?  I tried the "Yellow Pages" but it doesn't yield much information.  Would appreciate any info.  ...

Integrity-HD Or Integrity Transcription
Apr 22, 2014

Good morning all, I was just wondering if any of you currently work for or have worked for Integrity-HD or Integrity Transcription. I was just looking for some feedback on either company. Thank you in advance! ...

Nuance New Fiscal Year Starts Oct 1, That's Why They Sm
Sep 26, 2014

want all the accounts bottomed out over this weekend.  Work done prior to Oct 1 counts as revenue for current fiscal year. ...

Anybody Currently At Integrity HD?
Mar 20, 2014

I know some had hired on with Integrity in their last hiring wave, and it looks like they have a new ad with more accounts signing on.  I was just wondering how current employees like it? I know it's a smaller MTSO and the owners were former transcriptionists.  I've read only good things about them, and their last company, StatIQ, which they had for about 8-1/2 years.   I especially need a "true" IC position - are your hours flexible? How is production on the Emdat/Inscr ...

Integrity HD
Jan 23, 2015

Just wondering if anyone out there works for Integrity HD? I am in the position of looking for work and was curious if they were a decent company to work for or anything I should be aware of before applying?   Much appreciated!!! ...

Researching ... Suggestions?
May 05, 2010

I have been working for at a new job for a few weeks.  The acute care account has a lot of ESLs and a lot of operative reports.  Well I haven't done a whole lot of operative reports in my 3 years, some but not a lot.  I am spending so much time researching things to fill in blanks.  I have some good websites, but if there are any good tips anyone wants to share, I would be thrilled.  ...

So I Was Researching A Different Career And - Sm
Feb 23, 2012

one of them was medical assisting.  I went to the American Association of Medical Assistants website and had a bit of deja vu...  There are 4 certifications one can get - CMA, RMA, CCMA, and NCMA.  They, of course, were kind enough to point out the differences and I swear I was reading the AHDI site, especially the part about membership dues and recertification CEUs.  You'd think an MA was an MA, but I guess not.  I originally was just trying to research whether or ...

Integrity HD In New Mexico-not A Lot Of
Jul 21, 2013

Has anyone recently worked for or currently working for Integrity HD?  What's your experience--good, bad, lay it on me!  Thanks! ...

Integrity HD Legitimate
Feb 26, 2014

I am wondering if there is anyone else who was recently hired by Integrity HD and if they are legitimate? ...

Integrity Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2010

Any info on Integrity Transcription Services.  ...

Since We Don't Get Paid For Researching And Manually
Feb 14, 2013

entering all these CCs, why are we required to do it?  Aren't we by contract supposed to be paid for every character we type??  How are they getting away with this?  I just spent over 10 minutes searching and entering CCs for about a 12-line report.  So the majority of the time I spent on the report, I didn't even get paid for. ...

When Researching New Terms/correct Spelling, Etc.
Jan 27, 2010

Do you prefer reference books or online searches? Dorlands/Stedman's/websites? I currently use (have forever) Stedman's word books but was curous about other's thoughts on this. TIA. ...

Needing To Upgrade From Word 2003 To At Least 2007. However, In Researching ... SM
Jan 04, 2015

prices and features, it seems like 2007 is not as well liked as 2010. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these, and what is best used for MT?  I work on ChartScript, MedRite XL, and I-Scriptor.   I'm kind of leaning toward 2010, and I found a good price at the link below. Would love for someone to look and see if it seems legitimate. http://shop.advantageittech.com/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2010-Download-MSO10DL.htm   Thanks for all your help! ...

My New MTSO
Oct 04, 2010

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this on. I have a few questions pertaining to my new MTSO business. Any input or advice would be helpful. First of all, I need help with pricing. I charge my clients .12 per 65 character line. I believe that is the going rate for my area. I am wondering what to pay my transcriptionists and editors. I originally thought to pay my transcriptionists .08 per 65 character line and my editors .04 per 65 character line but then I wouldn't be making any pr ...

MTSO?
Oct 24, 2010

Hello Everyone, I have just recently found this board and I have a couple of questions.  I don't know where else to post it, so I hope I've put this on the right forum. What does MTSO mean? Why is there a Medquist specific forum on this board?  Is this site operated by Medquist? Just curious. ...

Does Your MTSO Tell You This And Do You Believe Them?
Mar 31, 2011

"You are a valued team member and we want you to be as successful as possible." ...

MTSO
Jul 19, 2011

If I owned a MTSO company, and if I were monitoring this board in order to glean comments made about my company, and if I were unhappy with what I read, I would do the following:  I would send a company-wide e-mail to my people asking for their input on what I could do to make things better for them and correct the problems aired on this board.   I would realize that there are companies that would make life difficult for MTs who dare to complain about an injustice and that they ne ...

New MTSO
Apr 24, 2013

Simply put...I need help.  I am a single mother.  I am a CMT and been in this lousy business over 20 years.  I have been job hunting out of this business almost a year now with no bites.  I had a dream job but was bought out by M Modal.  I went from abundant work to none on a daily basis.  I am truly struggling.  I know people who work for great companies keep it to themselves, for the fear of over hiring and no work.  I am truly asking for help in seeking ...

Been Qa At Many MTSO. Have Never Had Anyone Tell Me
May 14, 2013

tied to qa, N qa wouldnt have to be told how to edit either. ...

QT MTSO
Mar 23, 2014

Just wanted everyone to know that that owned QT might be around again, so please stay clear of this company. There are bad news and have a pretty awful history of burning accounts and MTs. Not the most ideal company or couple for that matter. LOL ...

MTSO Rates
Nov 23, 2009

Do you think the MTSOs cut their rates to their clients who are now using VR just as they have cut their MTs rates?  Seems that some MTSOs are scrambling for some reason to cut everyone's pay down (even their MT pay, not just ME pay).  I wonder if they are in over their heads with this new venture into VR and losing their arses and realizing it isn't quite the godsend everyone is making it out to be.  One can hope, and would serve them right! As far as MTSO rates are co ...

Nonpayment By An MTSO
Jan 03, 2010

How does one go about collecting money from a small MTSO who still owes me $1,049 for transcription I had done for them?  I quit working for them in May 2009 when I hadn't received payment.  I sent them several e-mails and they did pay me some of the money owed me.  Originally they owed me $2,049; paid me with one check for $500, then two more checks for $200 each, which were sent to me every few months in between.  They kept telling me they would pay me off the com ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

10 Suggestions For All MTSO's:
Mar 24, 2010

To all MTSO's:1. Show us the money. You make tons of it. We know it. You know it. Try paying us more of it, and cheating us out of less of it.2. Simplify your transcription platforms. Every time you "improve" them, for some STRANGE reason, it gets harder and harder to do a day's work on them. Some software salesman has sure taken advantage of whoever in your company buys transcription software. Please. Develop some sales resistance.3. Let MTs working on a primary account STAY on that a ...

Caring MTSO
Apr 15, 2010

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I'm curious to know if there are any MTSOs out there who you guys feel really and truly care about their MTs and not just the bottom line? I understand that business is business but it seems to me that if you have happy MTs then you have productive MTs, willing to accommodate and go above and beyond for the company, which in turn makes the retention rate of quality MTs high because they are happy.  They get to know the ...

MT Week And MTSO's
May 19, 2010

The little "trinkets" some of you have received is extremely comical and a so-called slap in the face to some, but some may view it as an actual good gesture, although I do not agree. When I worked at neurology they used to always acknowledge MT week with flowers or a $25 gift card to our local mall, but when they got a new office manager he combined Secretary's Week and MT Week into one. My coworker and I got acknowledged one year on Secretary's Week - now that is a slap in the face ...

MTSO And Platform
Aug 18, 2010

Can someone tell me what MTSO and platforms are? I am obviously a newbie and don't know what these terms mean.  Thanks for your help in advance. ...

Question For MTSO's
Sep 06, 2010

My question is regarding what you consider to be a fair split when contracting an IC. I have been approached about adding accounts and will need help from one or two IC's to accomplish everything. Can you share what you feel is a reasonable split? 50/50, higher, lower? I want to be fair but I also need to cover my costs as well. If you prefer, you may contact me privately by email quiet_type at hotmail dot com. Thank you. ...

Went To My MD Today And They Have No MTSO Or MTs?
Dec 18, 2010

It seems whenever I go to the doctor we get to talking about my profession, mainly because I am speak to them on their level (with medical terms, etc) because they are amazed that I am so informed. Anyhow, today when the RN was checking me in on their Epic system, she said they use strictly voice recognition (VR) and use "Dragon" (which I know nothing about) but I have seen posts on this board about it.  I told her that I was an MT editor actually for the VR, not so much transcribing anymo ...

Hey MTSO, Just Stop ...
Feb 14, 2011

assigning me the garbage work just because you "think" I can do it.  Had to vent, really sick of it!  Between the ESLs and the stuff where people say things that do not make sense I am really getting fed up!  Sorry, had to vent.  I know you read this and I know you know who is this. ...