A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Noise canceling headphone - Tara

Posted: Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones?

Philips - Read Msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I like my Philips, but mine have an "off/on" function for the noise abatement, and I keep forgetting to turn them "off" of noise-cancelling and then the battery runs out. They're quite old, maybe they're different now.

Sennheiser headphone - NY MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I purchased a headphone from a company on-line called NewEgg.com.

Sennheiser HD 202 noise canceling headphone

I am very happy with the headphone and have been using it for almost 2 years now. Read about the headphone on this board. Haven't had any problems with it and the NewEgg was very quick at getting it to me. I believe they are in California. You can also purchase it at Best Buy but more expensive. Don't remember exactly what I paid but around $30 with shipping.

Hope that helps a little!

Noise-canceling headphones - MassMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with Sennheiser. Have been using them for several months and am very pleased. However, you will end up with "earphone head" from using them since they sit on top of your head, not under your chin like other earphones!

Gets Hot/Uncomfortable After Several Hours - ...and really bad hair-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Noise canceling headphones - Jeannal

[ In Reply To ..]
Seinhauser makes some really good noise canceling headphones.

earbuds with soft tips - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
not the big round ones, but small ones that fit inside your ear. I bought mine for $9.99 and they work better than my real expensive over-the-head earphones.

I bought the ones that go with the Ipod but the cord isnt long - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
enough to plug into my computer and then come up to my ears. What kind of buds did you get. This is the only problem I found with mine, the cord.

I have used Bose for the past two years and - cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
love them. They are very high quality and you can hear very clearly with them. I had a problem with a wire several months ago and had such a hard time using something else until I got the wire a few days later in the mail. I have had mine for two to three years now and would not use anything else.

Shure - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I love my Shure headphones. I think they are SE115s. They aren't actively noise-cancelling, but they seal in your ears very well and block out a lot of sound. I can hear way better than I could with a pair of noise-cancelling headphones that I had tried at first.

Similar Messages:

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Noise Canceling Headphones
Nov 13, 2014

Can someone recommend a brand of noise cancelling headphones that fit over the ears, not earbuds, that work well and do not hurt your head? I've found they either don't work at canceling out the noise (we have limited in space in our apt and I have to work in the family room which is noisy) or they hurt bad because I have to wear glasses and they press on those and squeeze my head. Thanks! ...

Canceling Insurance
May 22, 2014

Howdy, My friend said the craziest thing today, that the MT company they were working for did not allow her to cancel her dental and short-term insurance at any time, it was not a qualifying event. Am I on planet Mars? I understand adding or changing is an issue, open enrollment and all that, but not being able to cancell? Please, someone tell me I am not nutty! ...

Headphone
May 24, 2011

Does anyone use (like) the Logitech Pc Headsent 880 Medquist sent out to MTs a few years ago.  I never tried them and was wondering if I should? ...

Help -- Need New Headphone
Mar 06, 2012

Hi -   Would someone be kind enough to steer me in the direction I need to go to obtain a new headset from MModal?  Thanks.  ...

New MT - Headphone Suggestions?
Mar 09, 2011

Hi guys! I'm looking to purchase my first set of transcription headsets and was wondering what brand or model are the most used? I'm not really sure what I would need to look for spec wise, so wanted to see what those of you who are out there are using! I've been very curious about the Boise headsets that are on display at BestBuy, but at $300-400 a piece, I want to make sure they are worth it before dropping that amount of money, especially as there are some noise-cancelling se ...

Headphone Survey
Sep 22, 2011

Gee, I wonder how many of us will take the unpaid time to complete the questionnaire.  LOL !  ...

Headphone Amplifier
Apr 24, 2012

working on an acct with poor quality - anyone using an amplifier? any suggestions for good one reasonably priced?   ...

Headphone Recommendations
Jun 20, 2014

Hubby and step child will be home for the next 9 days making my work environment extremely noising and crazy. I need to get new headphones and wondered what everyone recommended. I can't stand the kind that sit in the ear. Every pair I have every tried makes my ear hurt after about 2 to 3 hours and as I am on a 12-hour schedule I prefer over the ear ones if any uses them. Thanks in advance for all your recommendations. ...

Anybody Recommend A Good Set Of Headphone
Jun 16, 2014

Can anybody recommend a good set of headphones, over the ear style?  I do have a slight hearing impairment and really need a good set.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions.   ...

Can Anyone Recommend Good Cordless Headphone?
Jun 01, 2010

I often transcribe while nursing and my baby keeps breaking my headphones by tugging on the cord very hard.  I'm thinking cordless headphones are the way to go so he has nothing to grab on to.  Can any of you recommend a good brand of cordless headphones?  Thanks! ...

What Is That Snapping Noise?
Jan 25, 2013

I hear it occasionally, but on one dictator it's really bad.  It's hard enough to hear him.  He talks at the speed of light, runs his words together, moves away from the mouthpiece and his voice fades into oblivion, then that blasted snapping noise on top of it all.  I can't turn up the volume because it kills my ears.  What is it? ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Noise Cancelling Feature Headphones
Sep 03, 2011

I need a good, relatively inexpensive headset that has a noise cancelling feature.  Any recommendations? ...

Buzzing Noise With Express Scribe
Jan 30, 2012

Today I am having a problem with a buzzing noise on Express Scribe.  As soon as I press Play, I hear a really loud buzzing noise that continues even when a file is not playing.  Help!  My head cannot take much more of this.   ...

Has Anyone Ever Seen The Movie White Noise? Do You Ever Think Of It While Typing?
Sep 29, 2012

Sometimes while typing I hear a strange noise in the headphones and think of this movie.  Just wondering if it was only me. ...

Noise Cancellation Software Help Needed
Jul 05, 2013

Hello,Can anyone help me with a background noise problem.  I am on a search to find software that will help eliminate background noise in my audio files -- which are beyond terrible. They are mostly phone interviews and the static and white noise drowns out the voices.  Does anyone have experience with Audacity or Wavepad? If so, how well do they work?  Or any other suggestions that you might have.Thanks!Judy ...

Headphones That Eliminate Background Noise?
Mar 14, 2015

Does anyone have recommendations for headphones that eliminate background noise? Do they exist? I am so tired of hearing one doctor dictate in the background of another!! ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

Okay. I Know As MTs We Have To Listen To All Kinds Of Noise From Doctors Dictating, But Sm
Mar 22, 2013

if I have to listen to this guy belch loudly into my ear one more time, I'm going to have a melt down.  I really wish I could tell him he needs to see a gastroenterologist, cause he really has a problem with this!!   ICK!  ...

Can You Elimate Back Ground Noise Using Express Scribe?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello, I am new to using Express Scribe and it has been a great program so far!  I was just wondering if there was a way to eliminate back-ground noises so you can better hear the dictator?? a way to isolate the voice?   Just wondering- I have a alot of background noise- people, phone ringing, etc... thankyou! ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

Why When I Shut Down Escription, Does My Computer Make A Lot Of "noise?" S/m
Sep 05, 2012

Like if you were installling or deleting stuff.  Do you think they have spyware in there to run a report of what all you did or did not do during your shift?  I do check FB, emails, news in between jobs because VR SUCKS AND BORES ME TO DEATH. ...

"Noise Grade 2-B Chrondral Lesion"
Feb 28, 2012

Has anyone ever heard of this?  Noise?   Maybe 2 B is supposed to be IIB?   Please help.  Thanks! ...

Synernet - Bong Bong Noise!
Jul 10, 2014

I have called for help for this, but have not resolved this problem. I keep hearing a loud gong gong noise while I am typing. Tech told me it is a system prompt telling me I am doing something that I should not be doing, but I'm not!  I checked all the system sounds and alerrts and find nothing... Any ideas!  TIA!! ...