A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New MT - Headphone suggestions? - Illyria

Posted: Mar 09, 2011

Hi guys!

I'm looking to purchase my first set of transcription headsets and was wondering what brand or model are the most used? I'm not really sure what I would need to look for spec wise, so wanted to see what those of you who are out there are using!

I've been very curious about the Boise headsets that are on display at BestBuy, but at $300-400 a piece, I want to make sure they are worth it before dropping that amount of money, especially as there are some noise-cancelling sets out there for $50.

Any help you all could give me would be greately appreciated! :)

Headphones - tootired

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi there - I recently bought a pair of Logitech semi-noise cancelling "ears" at W-M for around $45. They are really great for the price. I also have a pair from Radio Shack that I like. Both are very comfortable and, like I said, great for the price - $45-$60. Hope this helps. I too would love to have a set of Bose, but have to pay the gas bill!!

Bose noise-cancelling headphones (sm) - dln

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi! I purchased a pair of the Bose QuietComfort noise-cancelling headphones back in September 2009. I have had various headphones over the years (never the noise-cancelling ones though), ranging from extremely cheap to a bit more pricey. I am SO happy with the Bose, and I feel it is one of the best investments I have ever made! I purchased them through their website.

Just this past week, the earcup cushion on the right side was starting to come apart, so I called and they graciously sent me a new pair of earcup cushions free of charge, even though it is supposed to be a one-year warranty and my warranty would have expired in September of last year. In other words, their customer service cannot be beat! In fact, I placed the order over the phone yesterday and they were just delivered a few minutes ago!

However, I know they are expensive. I think I paid nearly 300 dollars for them on their website (they were actually 299.95). I have honestly never tried another type of noise-cancelling headphones, so maybe there are others out there that will do the job. However, I must say I have personally never been happier!!

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide! :)

Headphone suggestion - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
I love the Spectra USB headset. It allows the sound to be greatly amplified with clarity. They are not sound proof, but I haven't found better quality for the price. You want to make SURE they are the ones with the USB cord though! The other kind isn't as great. They cost around $40+ after shipping charges.

Question for Dee re Spectra USB headset - hearingimpaired

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that the headset that plugs right into the back of the computer instead of into the speaker? If so, where can I purchase? Thanks.

i didn't like... - butterbeans

[ In Reply To ..]
comfortable but not good sound quality.

Similar Messages:

Headphone
May 24, 2011

Does anyone use (like) the Logitech Pc Headsent 880 Medquist sent out to MTs a few years ago.  I never tried them and was wondering if I should? ...

Help -- Need New Headphone
Mar 06, 2012

Hi -   Would someone be kind enough to steer me in the direction I need to go to obtain a new headset from MModal?  Thanks.  ...

Headphone Survey
Sep 22, 2011

Gee, I wonder how many of us will take the unpaid time to complete the questionnaire.  LOL !  ...

Headphone Amplifier
Apr 24, 2012

working on an acct with poor quality - anyone using an amplifier? any suggestions for good one reasonably priced?   ...

Headphone Recommendations
Jun 20, 2014

Hubby and step child will be home for the next 9 days making my work environment extremely noising and crazy. I need to get new headphones and wondered what everyone recommended. I can't stand the kind that sit in the ear. Every pair I have every tried makes my ear hurt after about 2 to 3 hours and as I am on a 12-hour schedule I prefer over the ear ones if any uses them. Thanks in advance for all your recommendations. ...

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

Anybody Recommend A Good Set Of Headphone
Jun 16, 2014

Can anybody recommend a good set of headphones, over the ear style?  I do have a slight hearing impairment and really need a good set.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions.   ...

Can Anyone Recommend Good Cordless Headphone?
Jun 01, 2010

I often transcribe while nursing and my baby keeps breaking my headphones by tugging on the cord very hard.  I'm thinking cordless headphones are the way to go so he has nothing to grab on to.  Can any of you recommend a good brand of cordless headphones?  Thanks! ...

ANY Suggestions??
Oct 18, 2009

"Rhinoscopy reveals mucoid discharge present in the rexny of the mashnoid." Yea..."rexny of the mash-noid".... ...

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Jul 13, 2010

Hello everyone.  I am another one of those lower Alabama MT's.  I really need some pointers on what to do here.  When I started transcribing a few years back, my mentor told me once I got the grip, that I needed to consider getting my own accounts and eliminate the middle man and I would do so much better.  Well.....easier said that done!! I am the sole provider for my family.  I have three kids.  I find myself raking and scraping every two weeks to make ends ...

Any Suggestions On What To Do With The 6.1
Sep 13, 2010

I used to FOR YEARS and years, just hit shift H and typed in cur and it spelled </CURRENT MEDICATIONS/>  Now with this 6.1 upgrade, it spells out </CURRENT ALLERGIES/> and I am messing up big time with reports.  THIS IS ASR WORK AND YOU ARE FLYING QUICKLY THROUGH THE REPORT.  On a lot of ASR reports, I have to add the headings in.  I am so used to hitting CUR and expecting CURRENT MEDICATIONS which I have done for many years and quite frankly, I am not looking a ...

Some Suggestions.
Feb 28, 2011

You all may already know this, but I am passing it along because I just found out.  I kept running out of work on the weekend and on the backlog I could see that there were jobs in the red that I normally work on for backup but they were not flowing to me.  I called the RTL hotline and spoke to a lady there.  I told her the deal and she said that she didn't show me as being scheduled to work that day so they did not add me to that pool.  Evidently on helper pools or ...

Need To Get Out Of MT - Suggestions?
Apr 30, 2011

After having my pay cut by half over the past 9 months, I realize that I need to get out of MT and in a bad way.  I wish I had never gone to school for this. I just can no longer stand for having pay cut after pay cut every year with no end in sight.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other jobs that I could do from home. I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology along with my CMT.  I have young kids with medical problems, so I need to be able to be h ...

I Need Suggestions Please
Jul 13, 2011

I stopped doing transcription last year around this time and worked for Medquist.  Now I'm trying to get back to work and have several tests to take.  My problem is that I never had to worry about a medical spellcheck with Medquist and don't have one of my own on my computer and can't afford to buy one just now.  On one test, the e-mail I received from the recruiter specified that the test doesn't have a medical spell check, so I could do the document in Word, ...

Any Suggestions?
Jul 25, 2012

I can't make money with VR and I know there has to be a way for me to work faster or something.  I type so much faster than I do editing.  Today I've worked 11 hours and have made $28, that's only 700 lines.  I normally could have typed at least 2000 lines and made my 9 cpl per day if I worked that long.  I'm going broke.  Bills aren't getting paid, and we all know there just aren't jobs out there right now, especially in your 50's.&nbs ...

Suggestions
Jul 28, 2013

I have a few suggestions for MModal.  Instead of worrying about how long the employee's fingers are off the keyboard, why don't you fix things with the system that have been wrong for months?  No, much more enjoyable for you to send out your little stats!  Oh and thanks for giving me that new account with the doctors that like to split their reports and give you no information, nor their name and they enter generic dictator!  Thanks for fixing that in a timely manne ...

What's In A Name? Suggestions?
Aug 08, 2013

Hi all! I'm an IC working for some private clinics. When I went to the bank to set up an account I did a XXX DBA XXX. Well the name I picked is okay but I've come up with what I think is a better name (one word versus XXX Medical Transcription).   What do you all think about business name changing? I've been in business for a while but it's not like I'm Wal-Mart or anything that my name is branded. Suggestion??? :)   ...

Any Suggestions
Jan 23, 2014

I will be taking a written test later this afternoon, of which answers are based on BOS3.  I do not have one :-(.  I purchased BOS2 when it was first published, but have never had to use it, so I did not purchase BOS3 when it was published, thinking it would be a waste of money for me as BOS2 was.  Is there that much difference between the two?  Do, You think I can find the answers within BOS2 if need be?  I glanced over it, and I know most of it, but it would be nice to ...

Help Any Suggestions!!
Sep 22, 2014

This is what I heard Hospital course: Following admission 22 French Foley catheters pass bladder spiral irrigated of numerous clots. ...

PCs Are Looking For Suggestions
Jan 26, 2015

They want our suggestions on what would make Fluency better.  Any ideas? ...

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!
Apr 26, 2015

First the good news!   I recently landed what I think will be a great job for me, working for a one-woman service doing only one specialty, and only 2 physicians.   The bad news....I was planning to move to rural Mississippi, moving in with my daughter and her family and sharing her very nice big house.   My problem is there is no DSL service in the area for internet.  Only satelllite.   I know I see on almost all job ads that the satellite just doesn't work. I kn ...

10 Suggestions For All MTSO's:
Mar 24, 2010

To all MTSO's:1. Show us the money. You make tons of it. We know it. You know it. Try paying us more of it, and cheating us out of less of it.2. Simplify your transcription platforms. Every time you "improve" them, for some STRANGE reason, it gets harder and harder to do a day's work on them. Some software salesman has sure taken advantage of whoever in your company buys transcription software. Please. Develop some sales resistance.3. Let MTs working on a primary account STAY on that a ...

Researching ... Suggestions?
May 05, 2010

I have been working for at a new job for a few weeks.  The acute care account has a lot of ESLs and a lot of operative reports.  Well I haven't done a whole lot of operative reports in my 3 years, some but not a lot.  I am spending so much time researching things to fill in blanks.  I have some good websites, but if there are any good tips anyone wants to share, I would be thrilled.  ...

Frustrations....any Suggestions
Aug 11, 2010

I am getting frustrated with applying for a job and just wondered if anyone had suggestions on how to keep positive.  I have about 7 months experience from a prior job but left due to it not being the "right" fit.  I look on here and MTjobs every day and also have professional help with the transcription school I graduated from.  Thanks for the help.   ...

Suggestions For Questions To Ask.....
Sep 13, 2010

on a phone interview that I will be having this afternoon??  I have never had one before and want to make sure I cover eveything about the position before signing any agreement.  Please advise.  Thank you in advance!  ...

Nuance?? Suggestions
Apr 14, 2011

Hello. My company just merged with Nuance/infomatics. I'm not too fond of all the changes that have taken place. Can anyone offer me some of the better transcription companies to work for that you have experienced or heard quite a bit about that I could check into please?   Thanks so much. Any info will be appreciated :D ...

School Suggestions
Sep 21, 2011

Does anyone have any school suggestions for transfer acceptance of credits earned and a placement program? ...

Suggestions For Headset?
Mar 24, 2012

I'm having trouble discerning 15 from 50 and 16 from 60, and I think I'm due a new wired headset. I'm using some Sony earbuds now, but I'm open to other types. I wouldn't like to go over $100. Any suggestions? ...

Upgrading My RAM Any Suggestions
Apr 09, 2012

Hi:  I was hired last week but when they did the test on the computer I was 0.5 RAM shy of being able to sign paperwork.  I need to put in 1 more RAM for my computer to fit the profile. I have a friend coming over to help me pick out the RAM stick and put it in next weekend.  Are there any dos and don'ts for this? I do not want to mess this up, because this job means a lot to me and the recruiter is being patient in waiting for me to get my computer up to speed. Thanks in a ...