A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We will be a different company at end of this month. - Good Luck to all.

Posted: Aug 17, 2011

Makes me sick reading this article which just came out a few hours ago.  This company is rolling in the money (OUR MONEY they make from our production) and we are just letting it all go to India.  I have had enough of this!!!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-reports-second-quarter-results-2011-08-15?reflink=MW_news_stmp

We continue to build capacity in India and steadily migrate customer implementations to reach our goal of 50% of volumes by year-end, which had an adverse impact in the second quarter but is expected to result in higher per unit contribution as we reach that offshore volume goal.

Read the article, what did I miss? - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
Looked like same song to me -- sending more to India asap. What is happening the end of this month?

The merge begins end of this month. - Every merge has layoffs.

[ In Reply To ..]
Have to read the article.

The transaction of the merge will be at the end of this month. M*MODAL will have their hands in this field which will enhance Electronic Medical Record through ... traditional point and click data entry method which gets rid of dictation for some accounts which means getting rid of MT's.

Been through so many merges with this company for YEARS! Every time MTs pay reduced, company makes tons of money and ends up buying or merging a company with upper management layoffs and changes for MTs.

Vern Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MedQuist Holdings, said, "We are excited about clearing this regulatory hurdle and will be working to integrate the businesses as quickly as possible. Existing and prospective customers have responded well to this transaction and have embraced our vision of helping them accelerate adoption of EHRs to achieve meaningful use and better position them in the move to a value-based healthcare delivery system."

So now we're not MTs, we're "units?" - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Anyone Get MModals Employee Of The Month This Month?
Feb 22, 2013

Saw they posted the new list. anyone get it? ...

3-month Versus 3 Month
May 13, 2014

Which is correct:  "The patient is here for a 3-month followup visit."  or  "The patient is here for a 3 month followup visit."   I was always told in this instance that it is without the hyphen becuase putting the hyphen in it will mean that the visit is 3 months long versus a visit at 3 months' time.   Which is the correct way to do this?  I got a correction back on a file and I was pretty sure I had it right.   ...

2 1/2 Month Old
Aug 01, 2011

How do you type out 2 1/2 month old at the beginning of a sentence? Where exactly is it hypenated? Thanks ...

MTs/MME Of The Month
Jun 21, 2012

I wonder if anyone knows just how little of a damn I give.  I really, honestly, truly from the depths of my heart and soul just really don't give a damn. OK, there.  I said it.  ...

May Is MT Month!!
May 06, 2014

May is MT Month and we are celebrating it by allowing you to volunteer to take some continuing education.  It is highly important that we take care of the patient and account (or we will lose them to another MTSO).  You will not receive a thank you, no china-manufactured clock or pen for your hard work, just work harder and waste more of your time so we can pay you less and treat you like dirt.  By the way, we are going to monitor your every keystroke and if you are not giving us ...

Can Anybody Tell Me Which Month Is
Jun 07, 2014

Thanks. ...

$10 A Month For Using Co.'s Server?
Apr 14, 2010

Just received a job offer as an IC...the pay is pretty low at 0.575 cpl (increasing to 0.6 once off QA).  Will probably accept this job as a 2nd part-time job...have another paying 0.07 cpl, but the owner doesn't pay on time and doesn't respond to my e-mails about it, either. Has anyone ever heard of having to pay $10 a month to the company for use of their server in order to download .wav files though?  That seemed a little odd to me. I am happy to discuss via private mess ...

PE On A 6 1/1 Month Old Infant.
Jun 16, 2010

doc is dicating PE for a 6 1/2 month old male. doc goes through vitals such as temp, heart rate, respirations, and then is saying something like definity percent on room air. Any ideas what difinity percent on room air could be??   ...

How Do You Get MT Of The Month Thing
Jan 23, 2013

I want a $50 gift card.  I have never gotten this although I consistently have 99 to 100% accuracy and do double the average for production.  What does it take to get this stupid gift card? ...

Oh Boy...first Audit For The Month With The New POD
Dec 01, 2014

for the month of November and I scored a 99.42.  I wonder when I will hear about this...I have a feeling they are going to be tough on everything.  Just fire me already...put me out of my misery!  LOL   ...

You Employees Of The Month, Would You Please
Mar 01, 2015

tell me, besides just the satisfaction of doing a good job, what will you ever get for your loyalty and hard work for a company? See, it used to be in corporations, the people who did above and beyond their expected work got bonuses, raises, promotions, etc. Tell me what you will get for your excellent work ethic except more of the same with no hope of anything else. It is virtually just a slap on the back and an "atta boy." Not only that, but they will then expect more of you at the same compen ...

Preemie 6-month Check
Nov 18, 2009

Doing an interim note for a preemie.  Doctor is saying:   Former micro preemie with right sided head  p..... (s/l press.... )   But there is so much background noise with people talking and crying babies that I can't get much beyond that.  Any guesses... ...

Transtech DD Is It 2x Month Or Every Other Week?
Nov 28, 2009

hi, looking for every other week pay.  if you are with transtech, is the DD 2x month or every other week?  Thank you for any information.  ...

Not Everyone Gets Kiki's 3.50 A Month Raise
Mar 15, 2010

.... the implementation of line rate increases for employees who have demonstrated high performance by earning incentives under the Monthly Incentive Program during the months of January and February 2010. ...

ALL TYPE NO PAYCHECK AFTER OVER A MONTH!!!!!!
Sep 06, 2010

Does anyone have the e-mail addresses of the supervisor of payroll for All Type?  I started working for them on August 1st and should have received my first paycheck shortly after August 25th.  I have received nothing from them so far, and I have a second check that I should be receiving that I'm quite worried about, also.  This is by far the coldest company I have ever worked for in my life.  I have a family, my husband is disabled, and we are about to lose our house. ...

AVERAGE LINES PER MONTH
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone tell me how many lines per month should the average transcriptionist be able to do. Thanks ...

Is This Correct? We Get Paid This Month
Dec 08, 2010

Just making sure I am understanding it correctly.  We are getting paid December 10, 24 and 31?  Then our next paycheck will be January 14?    ...

All Type - Six Month Project
Jan 25, 2011

For those who took the test for All Type's six month project, have you heard anything back yet?  ...

Webbers, If You Leave Mid-month, Do You Still Have
Jul 18, 2011

I know medical and dental are covered through the end of the month, but I'm not sure about vision. ...

Does Nuance Pay Twice A Month Or Every 2 Weeks?
May 12, 2012

FIESA Score - Month Of May 98% -
May 24, 2012

OMG - I'm sick to death of this place.  I just checked my score for May - 98%.  10 days of A, 5 days C - no B's (NEVER have a "B" - it's just A or C - weird) Marked off for leaving off "an" for 1 thing.  So......what happens if I can't stay at 99%-100%????   I'm not new at this, but I sure am struggling with it.  ...

AAPC CPC Prep Course (4 Month)
Jul 30, 2012

Hi - Has anyone here taken the 4-month AAPC CPC Preparation course?  How did you do on the CPC Exam?  ...

Punctuation? A 15- And 11-month-old Girl...
Oct 29, 2012

Dictated: A 15-1/2-year-old bone age in a 15- and 11-month-old girl. How would you transcribe? Maybe: 15-year- and 11-month-old girl? 15-year-and-11-month-old girl? (Not a 100% verbatim account.)     ...

IC Contract After A Month Of Work
Feb 01, 2013

New MT here, started the 1st of Jan so I've been working for a month.  The only info or paperwork I received from this company was a W-9 and direct deposit form.  In fact, I had to fill them out twice, not sure why.  I wasn't told my line rate until I flat out asked.  Yesterday I received a request to fill out these forms again, along with an IC contract.  I'm not legal savvy, so I don't understand most of it.  What stood out was the start date o ...

This Month Is My 9 Year Anniversary Of
Aug 12, 2013

and I have to say that while our method of editing is easier, it has not LEARNED at all.  Still doing the same accounts and correcting the same crapola as 9 years ago.  ...

Microsoft Dumping XP Next Month.
Mar 16, 2014

That is what I have with no problems and I am not looking forward to revamping this computer. ...

How Do I Search For A Month Of Archives
Sep 01, 2014

If I want to do a search for all of June's (or any month's) posts this year from the gab board and want to view the entire month's message, how do I do that.  I've tried the search and archive button but I'm doing something wrong   Thanks, Karen ...

Failed My Second Audit This Month....
Feb 24, 2015

Oh I wonder how long before I'm fired....had 99.35 for last month's score.... ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

I Haven't Been To This Board In A Month And It Is The Same Old Song
Oct 14, 2010

I swear I stopped coming to this board a month or two ago, and today is my first day coming back and it is the same thing!  Oh, MT is not what is used to be...oh, we make minimum wage...oh, I hate my life....oh, blah blah blah.  If you hate it so bad, then quit and go work at McDonald's!  Leave this business and give us MTs who enjoy their job more work to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...