A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would someone with writing skills please create a -sm - cheated

Posted: Mar 04, 2015

descriptive narrative for the MTs who have or will be leaving this company, to go along with the ones we recieve when the VP and such leave.  I mean really..we need to be ackowledged for our committment, dedication, accomplishments, etc.  Sarcasim is encouraged!

I nominate..... - Rusty

[ In Reply To ..]
Mmodal Livestock. Should be hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of which - tiredmt

[ In Reply To ..]
If you were to quit, who exactly should get the letter of resignation go to, because with the TSM, it would fall on deaf ears..Besides I have a fantastic TSM, Im not leaving her, Im leaving this company.

Know what you mean - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
Preferably, I'd like our glorious leader to have to read them, but let's face it, the CEO would never soil his hands with common rabble and the untouchables below him.

As for management, they're basically in the same boat we are. I like my supervisor and my QA supervisor/coach seems nice, though I've only have written like two or three emails to her. I mean I disagree with my supervisor's stated view of the company (disagreed on the phone with her actually, because I apparently lack the part of the human brain that tells the rest of your brain to shut it), but I get the impression that she's just clocking on and doing what needs to be done, then getting out, so I'm not sure she's a "true believer" in MM's dogma.

She has a tough assignment too. Her group is a difficult one. Everyone in her group is playing musical chairs with quality, line count and TAT failures. As soon as the troublemakers improve their scores, the good little children let their grades slip. It must be frustrating to have corporate constantly threaten to do unspeakable things to your team and there's really nothing you can do.

Plus, she has to put up with me and my weird mix of super positive (we can do this team!) and super negative (viva la resistance!) work ethic.

Thanks! We have a lot of - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]

hilarious people on this board actually.  I think it's the job.  If you don't have a decent sense of humor after a couple years in transcription, you'd probably breakdown.  I know if I didn't laugh at this stuff I'd have snapped.

A one size fits all M*Modal quitting letter, simply select the options applicable to your situation:

To whom it likely doesn't concern,

I want to announce some changes to M*Modal's transcription team.

I am pleased to announce that [your name here] has decided to leave the position of [HDS/SHDA].  I have held this position since [1 year ago/2 years ago - for higher numbers, simply insert "long, long ago"] and while I [enjoyed/am indifferent to/hated/loathed/regret/am shamed by/will always be haunted by] my time here, I have [finally paid off my debts/declared bankruptcy/finished my education/found a new job/snapped completely/shunned human society/given up on life/joined the revolution/received aid from the United Nations] and am leaving to pursue a new opportunity in [anything, anything at all/unemplloyment/off grid underground survivalism/crime/experimental drug testing/stripping/riding the rails/crying incessantly at the memories/mandatory hospitalization and shock therapy/moving to southern Asia to get my job back] where I'm sure I [will be much happier/couldn't possibly be worse off/will receive much more respect]. 

I will always remember fondly how [choose any or all that apply or add your own]: 

• There was never any work.

• There was way too much work.

• I could never get in touch with my manager.

• Management would never shut up.

• I thought a lot of those emails from the higher ups were form letters and recipes created as less than convincing simulacra of human feelings.

• You forgot how long I worked here.

• You forgot I worked here at all.

• You forgot to tell me I was fired.

• Two different QA people would ding me for contradictory errors.  

• I'd get so bored sometimes I would wake up falling out of my chair.

• I'd get so stressed I couldn't sleep.

• You cut my pay each year.

• You stole my 401k years ago, but had the gall to keep asking me to put more in.

I would like to thank M*Modal for [barely providing me with enough money to live/ruining my life/stealing precious time from me/inspiring me to escape at all costs] and I wish you luck in your [able leadership/systematic destruction of the health care industry/convoluted schemes/financial debauchery].  I will [never/NEVER] forget my time here.

[Sincerely/your choice of cuss words],

[Your name again]

That's very good. - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I laughed and/or nodded through the entire thing. Good to see you back here, I thought you fell off the Earth!

Haha! That's great! - cheated

[ In Reply To ..]
x

LMAO livestock... classic!!!! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Can Someone Please Explain To Me How To Create
Aug 14, 2010

I have looked for step-by-step instructions online and cannot find them... any help would be appreciated. If I want ALT G to delete word left, how would I do that? I see the "record" button when I go to "add new item to dictionary" screen, but I can't figure out how to get ALT G in there. Thank you! ...

RadNet - Can You Create A Table?
Jul 20, 2010

Are there any RadNet users that know how to create a table in RadNet?  Is it possible?  I know how to create templates, but am stumped.  I know tabbing is not an option; but, occasionally one of my physicians would like me to create a table and have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks!  ...

How Do I Create A Jump Code?
Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please? Thank you so much! ...

If I Was Going To Create A Position For Mmodal
Jun 23, 2014

It would be a person to go into this blasted repository and make sure everything was right. And then work with the hospitals to make a standard format so that every report looked the same, you know orders of headings, names of headings kind of thing. So tired of seeing different ways of doing things by different people, based on God knows what. ...

Is There A Way To A Create A Signature In The E-mail
Sep 25, 2014

I seem to be unable to find a way to create a signature in the e-mail program.  I have tried creating one in shorthand but when it uploads it is missing spaces, etc.  Thansk for any help. ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

MTSO's Profits Create New School
Sep 15, 2012

The MTSO I work for is starting an MT school. WHY??? Do they need more than 1,000 applicants for each position posted? Nah - just more money coming in by from newbies who don't research the profession before getting into it. ...

Way To Create A Shorhand Shortcut To Auto Cap The First Letter
Jul 25, 2011

Is there a way to create a shorthand shortcut to auto cap the first letter after a period space space when working accounts that are not Word based? TIA ...

Switched To Word 2010 And Now I Need To Create Macro
Nov 30, 2011

I just switched to Word 2010 and now I need to create Macros.  I'm lost.  Is there anyone who can help?  So far all the instructions people have given are for Word 2007 and it's just gotten me more confused. ...

A Reading Skills Test
Dec 18, 2009

ancillary tests: The parents bring in s/l Conner reading skills. ...

Transferrable Skills From MT To What Industries?
Mar 29, 2010

I have to get out of MT.  Been doing this over 20 years and am so burnt out.  What are some other industries where these skills would be transferrable?  I'm feeling like MT is all I know how to do and its depressing.  Thinking about taking a Medical Assistant course or something. ...

Every Day Another Test...at Least I'm Keeping Up My MT Skills!!
Aug 08, 2010

Anyone noticed these tests are asking some of the same questoins?  My little answers keep popping up when I start typing in the answer.  The transcription portions are way too long though.  Some are super easy and others are the scum at the bottom of the barrel.  I'm beginning to think we're doing somebody's work for them!  Now I'm thinking about all the money I could have made by transcribing these stupid test reports.  I think one company test ...

I'm Second Guessing My Skills...help! In A Sentence
Oct 08, 2011

when the doc says something like the:  Skin is pink, warm and dry and intact.  Is that how you would type it?  Not sure about the proper comma usage.  Nothing looks correct to me anymore!!!  ...

If The Pay Matched MT Skills..why Am I Complaining?
Oct 29, 2011

I only wish the rate of MT pay matched the MT skills, but why am I complaining? Still have a job .... Many years ago, I can remember that my niece would always ask me about my MT work and how I was able to stay at home and do this sort of work on a full-time basis. Back then, I would try to explain to my young 9-year-old niece that it is all about my preference to stay at home and work full-time, instead of working in Corporate America which I did for many years, and having to commute to work ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Skills Are Needed?
Jun 29, 2010

I've been an acute care transcriptionist for 15 years... can anyone tell me if I qualify for Pathology transcription or is this an acquired skill that needs more schooling? Thanks! ...

Burr Or Murr Skills Intact?
Jul 15, 2011

This is part of the physical exam.  It is mentioned after cranial nerves (although I'm not sure if it goes along with that or not) and sounds like either burr skills or murr skills.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  ...

MT Jobs Skills Transferable To New Career?
Oct 17, 2011

I am currently an MT but will probably try a career switch in in the next few years. I'm just brainstorming right now. What are some good career choices for someone with the skill set for MT? ...

A Question About Data Entry Skills-sm
Mar 26, 2012

I am looking for work as an Mt and not having any luck.  Today, I searched the job service board and found a cool job.  It is an IC position with flexible hours and very good pay.  It is collecting data for the county/township and entering it into a lap top.  They want you to be ableto enter 7000 or more strokes per hour.  I meet all the qualifications except this which, of course, is "key" to the job.  I know nothing of data entry but I hate to pass on the opportun ...

Question About Skills Test/Percentiles
Sep 08, 2014

I took some skills tests, non-MT related, and I'm not sure how to interpret something. I received a 90% (that part I get) which put me in the 56th percentile, and average of 67%. I THINK I know that the 67% means the average people got, who took that test. Is that correct? I don't understand at all the percentile part (the 56.) What does that mean exactly? Thanks! ...

What Ways Can I Continue To Grow In Skills After Graduating?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello fellow MT's! I am almost finished with my MT course, and I would like some counsel from everyone on their experiences with continuing education after graduation. First I am going to go for my RMT as recommended by the ADHI. What tools and resources did you use that helped? Which ones do you recommend? Has anyone gotten a degree to enhance their knowledge, and if so, what degree? I have recently been discharged after 8 yrs in the Army and I have been studying in my ...

Skills Rusty - Where To Focus Review For Job Hunting?
Dec 02, 2012

I graduated from M-Tec in Jan. 2011 while working a full-time job.  My plan was to keep working, get a part-time MT job until I gained experienced, and then quit my other job and do MT full time.  I sent out tons of resumes but received no replies except for one that expressed fear I would get burned out working 2 jobs.  After that I got discouraged and stopped looking for MT work for over a year.   Now I'm newly motivated (hate my current job) and want to start looking ...

Writing Prn
Jan 13, 2015

what is the correct way to write prn? I seen it as prn, PRN, and p.r.n.? ...

Technical Writing- SM
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know about the field of technical writing?  It seems like it would be a logical next step for us.  Just wonder if anyone knows how hard it would be to get into that field, do you get to work at home, and so on.  I'm 50 years old and wonder if its just too late for a career change, but doing this MT/editing stuff for the next 15 years. . . ???? ...

Who Is Writing An Essay
Apr 24, 2012

I don't write essays very well, but this could get interesting. I'm mostly interested in the "How I Do It" essay. Maybe I could learn how to do this more efficiently...I don't particularly want to be mentored, so reading an essay might give me some better ideas. ...

Writing Times
May 08, 2012

Doctor dictated: Start time: 03/21/2012, 091446. What would be the correct way to write the time portion? ...

I Think The Writing Is On The Wall For Me
Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's go ...

Writing A Number
Sep 16, 2014

Okay doctor states "white count is 13.8 thousand"  Any input on how that should be written?  Looks so strange to me.  Thanks peeps :) ...

Writing Out Gravida, Para
May 24, 2010

Doctor says:  G2, P2-0-0-2. How would it be written out? Do I have the format correct, or would it be: G2, P 2-0-0-2? ...

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...