A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone willing to do an informative interview - Crystal1980

Posted: Jan 20, 2010

I am about half way to getting my MT certificate. I have an assignment in my career development class where I have to set up a phone informative interview with somebody in the MT field. It would be about 15-20 mins. and I would basically be asking about your personal experiances, advice, ect. If anybody would be willing to help me out on this, it would be greatly appreaciated. Please let me know as I have to have something set up by Fri. The interview does not have to be by Fri. just have to have one schduled by then. Thank you.

I am glad that I did not choose your MT school! What a silly assignment!..nm - .

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If I were the school, Id be worried my students would - find out the TRUTH about this "career",

[ In Reply To ..]
and realize that paying someone to learn what is a dying profession amounts to little more than just another "work-at-home" scam. I wouldn't want ANY of my students talking to real, current MTs. Word might just get out.

what I would do...sm - CaliDeb

[ In Reply To ..]
I would try to find somebody local to you. Look somebody up in the phone book. This may benefit you later as we all need to know someone for vacation coverage, overflow, etc. I met someone when I first started and she moved away and gave me her account, and I still have that account 10 years later. That particular office has referred me to two other offices and I have never had to advertise. I tried to hire a local sub recently and I everyone I interviewed was so bad...what a waste of time. I for sure would have remembered the person who called me for an interview like you have to do. Good luck. I still like my job. It's not what it was 10 years ago, and I have another small and growing business in a totally other field in case MT does really start to suck for me... but it still is going strong for me. I feel like the minority though, and that may be true.

Thanks - Crystal1980

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the advice. I do have a friend that does MT from home. However we are supposed to do the assignment with people we do not know. It is easier to be laid back with a person your comfortable with, plus your friends are more likely to tell you what they think you want to hear instead of the truth! I am going to do one with her as well, it will be interesting to see the difference in experiances, both positive and negative.
One person replied that this was a stupid assignment, and I must admit at first I agreed, and thought how on earth will I do this? But then I realized, who better to ask for advice or feedback, general questions about a field your going into then someone who has been there.

Similar Messages:

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

Very Informative Post About IC Versus Employee
Jun 03, 2012

The IRS Gives Employees a Whistle to Blow and Employers a Safe HarborBy Peter Milne | Published: May 5, 2011The IRS has given an employee worker wrongly clas­si­fied as an inde­pen­dent con­trac­tor a very loud whis­tle to blow and employ­ers the means to obtain an advance deter­mi­na­tion of worker clas­si­fi­ca­tion to avoid future dis­putes and tax liabilities.When is a worker an employee or an inde­pen­dent con­trac& ...

Interview With MQ
Mar 11, 2010

Is there anyone that actually enjoys working for MQ?  I lost my job this week and so I am looking for something to start quickly, and so far the only interview I have set up is with MQ.  Please give me some hope! ...

MD-IT INTERVIEW
Apr 15, 2010

Hi--I have a phone interview next week with MD-IT. Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Im kinda a little nervous.  ...

I Have An Interview With MD-IT
Jun 02, 2011

I have an interview with MD-IT and wondered about some posts in the archives that are quite recent that stated there has been a lack of work and layoffs with no warning.  I am wondering whether I should even bother interviewing.  I am looking for a new job because of lack of work, not wanting to walk into another similar situation.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. ...

Interview With MQ CEO.
Aug 02, 2011

I encourage all MQ employees to register with this newspaper (link below)and voice your opinion of MedQuist. It is our chance to be heard and let the public hear the "other side" rather than the "rosy" talk of Mr. Davenport. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110731/BUSINESS/307310032/MedQuist-tip-health-records-evolution?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs ...

Job Interview?
Oct 30, 2012

Was wondering if Nuance is a reliable place to work for? If anyone else works for them?  I was emailed for an interview, and was just curious.  Any and all info appreciated.. ty~ :) Gina ...

Need To Interview An MT
Nov 14, 2013

I am looking for a Transcriptionist (whether recently employed or been working as a transcriptionist for years) to interview for my final semester to understand the changes and demands of the transcription filed. I also want to know how you feel about the way things have changed. You can either reply here or through my email Some questions: 1. What education and/or training did you go through to become an MT? 2. Where are you employed (hospital/clinic) and how long have you been working ...

Job Interview Help
Apr 09, 2014

I have an interview next week for a coder 1 position.  Have had my CPC-A for a few months, but not much luck getting a position.  This is the 1st interview I have even been offered.  Any tips on how to land this job?  I have many year experience as a medical secretary, transcriptionist, editor, but getting that 1st coding job in the area where I live is very difficult.  Small town, not much opportunity.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Got An Interview
Aug 04, 2014

for an ophthalmic scribe/technician position for Wednesday.  Fingers crossed it pays decently and I get it!! ...

I Have An Interview For A Non-MT Job....they Are Going To
Oct 28, 2014

of my former employer (MModal)--- can anyone tell me what this is?  I can't find it anywhere.  I have an address on my tax form that says New Jersey, but didn't they move to Tenessee or ? .  Also,  I see so many numbers for MModal....but which one would I give to the person who is interviewing me to call and check on my employment?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!   ...

Interview
Jan 26, 2015

Hello, Does anyone have any helpful tips for me? I'm on my way to a job interview for transcription. I'm a former MT wanting to get back into it. I have experience, but haven't worked in the MT business for 1 year now. I do know I am the only person interviewing because the job isn't posted.  I have my updated resume, nice dress outfit, hair and nails groomed, and shoes polished.  Any helpful advice to calm my nerves? I really want this job.    ...

PF Interview
Feb 03, 2015

Just found out today that I have an interview with Patient First on Friday!  Any idea what to expect for the interview?  I tested a few weeks ago and had given up hope!   ...

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...

Encompass Interview
Feb 26, 2010

Have an interview scheduled with Encompass this coming week.  Anyone have  information on what types of questions to expect, or what their process is like in general? Haven't had an interview in ages.  Any help is greatly appreciated! :) ...

As MTs, We Should Actually Interview The Companies!
Mar 03, 2010

If you are an MT with 10 or more years experience (actually a requirement with 1 company), and you are testing and interviewing, consider this.  When you do your research on a company that you are applying with, print all the negative posts such as "horrible platform, hardly ever any work, pay is slow, they offshored my account, VR problems, etc., etc."  If you score perfectly on your test and have good recommendations, land an actual interview, we should address these concer ...

FutureNet Interview
Jun 02, 2010

Hi group!  I have a job interview with Rita at Futurenet tomorrow.  The reason I am looking is I am really tired of constantly running out of work because my company over hired and now we transcriptionists are just out of luck!  I am in my 4th year with my current job and suddenly can barely hit $100 a day.  This is really sad when there is no loyalty to their employees.  Now from what I have been reading Futurenet is the same???  I read from this group how they run ...

Interview With Medquist
Jun 08, 2010

Interviewing soon with with Medquist and doing research on the company ... not finding anything positive here.  Is ANY TRANSCRIPTIONIST happy with their position with Medquist??  Are there ANY positive benefits to this company? ...

Transcribing An Interview
Jul 14, 2010

I am doing some side work transcribing a research interview, and was wondering your opinions.  One of the respondents in the interview panel is ESL.  Her grammar is very often incorrect.  I asked them when I got the project if they wanted the transcription verbatim, and she said "yes, let's leave it true to form."  I had asked because the previous work had a lot of "like" and "you know" in it, and transcribing every utterance was actually really hard.  ...

Newbie Has An Interview!
Aug 05, 2010

So here I was, wondering if anyone would ever notice my resume or mind the fact that I am a newbie....and I got a call from someone asking me to interview next week for a job in a lab!  And it's not that far away.  Whether or not I get it, it makes me feel encouraged.   ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...

Rezziliant Interview ~ Oct 29, 10
Nov 08, 2010

I had an interview and was told that if I wanted the job to respond by email. I responded with a yes and have not yet heard much. Does anyone know what is going on or did anyone get hired. I am wondering if this means they don’t want me now. I did receive an email stating that the position was pushed back a week. Any news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Encompass Interview?
Dec 14, 2010

Hi everyone, I was recently invited to have a phone interview with an Encompass representative.  Has anyone done this before?  If so, can you let me know a little bit of what to expect?  I suppose that it will be mostly like any other job interview, but I get nervous about these sorts of things.  Thanks in advance. ...

Had Interview Today
Jan 26, 2011

Having passed the test earlier this week, I had my telephone interview today and all seemed to go well.  The recruiter said he would be sending my information off and a supervisor would be in touch with me about which accounts I would "fit" with. Anyone remember how long it took from the final interview until a supervisor contacted you for placement?  Thanks in advance for any info, my future co-workers! ...

Which Companies Don't Interview
Feb 07, 2011

The company i work for now never phone interviewed me.  They just tested me and that was it.  Are there any other companies out there who just test you and don't make you do an interview over the phone? ...

Anyone Interview With Amphion And Now
Feb 14, 2011

waiting to see if they have anything for you? I interviewed with them over a week ago, told them what days I wanted to work. They said they would see what I accounts my schedule fits and get back with me and I still have not heard anything back yet? Anyone know if this is normal for them?  Thanks ...

Anyone Had Their Interview With EDOC Yet?
May 03, 2011

I was emailed to give interview times/dates, which I did....no response, nothing. ...

TTS Recruit???? Got Interview
May 27, 2011

I am thinking about leaving my job to go to TTS.  Please  give good, bad, ugly about this company ...

I Have An Interview W/MD-IT (orthopedics)
Jul 18, 2011

I have an interview w/MD-IT (orthopedics) and wondered if anyone has any knowledge about this company that they would like to share.  I originally applied to them a while back, took the test, but they filled the position.  They contacted me about a part-time position if I was still available and have set up an interview.  If you have worked for them, do they put you in a general "pool" and you just grab whatever is next or do they give you a schedule (like a particular doctor to transcribe fo ...