A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Important video about automation - Humans Need Not Apply

Posted: Aug 17, 2014

ALL jobs that can be automated, are.   Not addressed in the film was the costs of making and maintaining these robots.  Also not mentioned was the fate of unwanted and unneeded horses..../people.

This is the scariest thing I've seen in a long time. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's as though we need to stop the "progress" that at one time seemed so fabulous, but now is on its way to making us a jobless world! What will happen to humanity when it gets to the point that humans aren't needed? Thanks for posting this video.

automation - jane

[ In Reply To ..]
in january i was told my transcription job was gone. taken over by a new computer system. this is what is happening many places. at age 73 it is not as bad as it is for those who are trying to raise a family. so i have retired, reckon that i and others are a type of unwanted/unneeded horses. to the glue factory?, no it's unemployment and no prospect of these jobs returning.

Similar Messages:

From The Discussion About Automation Below - Just Some Thoughts
Jan 20, 2015

can't remember who's quote this is, but I read it in my teens, and he was an American Indian looking to the future (even back then) and he was wondering how "man is going to survive his own insignificance." now it makes even more sense to me... am a fan of Isaac Asimov and his science fiction novels (he actually was a professor of biochemistry) and especially the robot series - he wrote these futuristic type mysteries all involving robots and they give such a good description of what ...

Economist Mag Article About Automation Of 47% Of Jobs
Jan 20, 2014

"47% of all jobs to be automated by 2034 and 'no government is prepared' says economist"   http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/17/rise-of-the-machines-economist_n_4616931.html ...

Video Conferencing
Feb 29, 2012

Regarding this video conferencing our buddy Vern was talking about, I'm going to e-mail him and ask if MT's can have a conference with HIM to address the the one major concern he so conveniently has failed to address .  .  .  our income!  I'd like him to explain to many of us face-to-face if you will why our PTO pays have practically been cut in half over the last several years along with our paycuts in general, lack of bonuses like we used to make, etc.&n ...

Just A Little Humor Video
May 22, 2012

Hoo-boy, it's kind of intense on this board lately. Anyway, I made a little text-to-speech video in honor of Medical Transcription Week. Maybe it'll give a few folks a wee chuckle before returning to the fray. It's over on YouTube, here:  http://youtu.be/s0rQXxHTEFg Enjoy!  Horse   ...

Quality 2.0 Video
Oct 15, 2014

So I get an email from my TSM saying that I didn't complete the mandatory training.  I told her that I did and that I sent her an email saying that I did and that I'd be d***** if I would take it a second time.  Still waiting to hear.  ...

Enrich Video
Dec 02, 2014

Just received an email from my TSM stating that we will get a link to an Enrich video on the new plan on Wednesday.  We have conference calls set up for questions on Thursday.   ...

Watched The Video-sm
Dec 03, 2014

Anyone watch the video?????? I did. I guess there is no set line rate anymore or line requirements? Or did I miss something? I calculated the examples using the old pay and you make more $ this way. That is if you send less than 10% to Q and get above 99%. Going below that I have no idea. ...

Anyone Do Video Captioning Work?
Aug 18, 2012

How did you get started?  What software did you use?  It seems like the pay is good but there are a lot of qualifications & it's more geared to court reporters (like, requiring a court reporting certificate, etc.). ...

I'd Like To Know How To Post A Video/link Here
Jul 03, 2013

you can click on the play button and it plays in the window here instead of having to open a link.  Directions were once posted but I can't find them and wondered if someone knows how to do it. Thanks ...

This Is A Video Of Every MM Conference Call
Jan 24, 2014

I thought this was cute.  The only thing they left out is "the suckup" on every call ...

Update XP Video Drivers?
Mar 24, 2014

Trying to save myself some more research time.  Every time I play a YouTube video I get the "low resources" message and a pop up suggests I update my XP drivers.  Has anyone ever used the link and downloaded the drivers? ...

Emdat Training Video
Jul 30, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a specific link to an Emdat tutorial video and not just the Emdat install site?  I am going to use Emdat for ST soon (not VR), but it has been awhile.  I remember when I trained on it last time, there was a tutorial video to watch.  Thank you!  ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...

Take A Short Break And Watch The Video
Feb 05, 2013

Fairness Matters--watch This Video
Jun 02, 2014

Nuance believes (wrongly) that fairness does not matter, that they can unilaterally define every aspect of our work and compensation, with no input from us, their MTs. They can try to take away our voices, but if we act badly because of it, no one should be surprised. I don't see my fellow MTs do their work and how they are compensated. I work alone. But ... I do see other people working for other companies, doing demanding and difficult work, and being compensated with a fair wage an ...

Video Feed Issues - OLP Exam Had To Be Suspended
Feb 28, 2011

As if I weren't nervous enough taking this, now because of video feed issues, my exam was suspended. I'm waiting to hear back from someone at AHDI. From what I read, I may have to wait 6 months to take it again and I may have to pay again. Great........not ...

On MQCentral Home Page Check Out The Video
Nov 11, 2011

on youtube with Vern Davenport.  When you're on the youtube page click on the Speech Understanding Video.mov on the right and watch that video.  Say goodbye to your jobs! ...

Which Is More Important?
May 25, 2012

When researching medical transcription programs, I hear conflicting information on whether it is more important to have the RMT credential or to take a program that includes internship for the experience requirements.  Can you tell me which is more important in the real world of transcription? ...

WHAT THE ***? IMPORTANT!! ALL MUST READ!
Dec 17, 2009

The HITECH Act: Will You Be Fine, or Fined? FRANKLY, OUR GOVERNMENT SUCKS BIG TIME!  I AM STILL USING A WORK COMPUTER, IS THAT GOOD OR NOT??? Under the new Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act) that takes effect this upcoming February, you as a transcriptionist could now be directly liable for any private health information (PHI) that is stolen or somehow reaches the public domain. That could include any transcriptions you produce that are emailed ...

Regarding HIPAA - This Is Important For MTs
Jan 28, 2010

if we are to be held responsible for any kind of so-called 'security breach' which can be so easily manipulated to either just get ridf US MTs or at least make life a iving ____ for those of us left in these jobs (for example, if your reports are not 100% perfect - because 98-100% would no longer make sense because an error is an error and all are a security risk and breach - (this is so ridiculous I almost cannot even write it)); however, an MT can and will be fired for such?  Im ...

IMPORTANT! Every MT/MME Needs To Read This!
Mar 03, 2010

Just spoke to someone I know in TAA/Unemployement office.  FIRST TIME RIGHT is a gray area. We can fight this because it is a gray area. It is not right that if a doctor dictates and we cannot understand what they are saying for sure and we can get docked in pay, literally take money from us.  IT IS NOT LEGAL.   That is probably why the big bosses are on this board to see what they can get away with.  We have every right to fight them.  It is just wrong!  I WAS ...

Important/New Disease
Jul 02, 2010

Cancer of the breath.  Documented Source of Information:  ASR. (P.S.  Catch her...)   ...

If You Are An RMT, Is Having A Degree Still Important?
May 16, 2011

Hi all. I plan on taking the RMT test soon and feel confident of passing. My question is, if I do get the title, will employers care that I don't have a formal education in MT?... Would passing the test serve as adequate indication that I know enough to qualify? Thanks in advance. ...

IMPORTANT! NEW CAREERS FOR MTs.
Aug 18, 2011

I have been enrolled in college for the last year while still working.  Found out today about a whole new carrer that has just come out and being created because of EHR/EMR and now being offered and will become even more popular. My teachers in college informed me of a meeting they had in the city where I live.  This meeting was held with physicians, PA's, NP's, MT's, Medical Assistance, nurses, etc.  Because of EHR/EMR, most doctor's (about 78%) do not like ...

IMPORTANT! New Career For MTs And To Get Out
Aug 18, 2011

I have been enrolled in college for the last year while still working.  Found out today about a whole new carrer that has just come out and being created because of EHR/EMR and now being offered and will become even more popular. My teachers in college informed me of a meeting they had in the city where I live.  This meeting was held with physicians, PA's, NP's, MT's, Medical Assistance, nurses, etc.  Because of EHR/EMR, most doctor's (about 78%) do not ...

Why Proofreading Is Important
Aug 22, 2012

I just saw this sentence in a job posting on another MT site: I am looking specifically for someone for weekends first not weekdays, please do not reply if you are willing to work weekends.   ...

Important Question
Oct 21, 2012

I am asking for opinions and suggestions only...no bashing, please. I "worked" for a client as an IC for a total of one week, two dictations, equalling about MAYBE $40 in pay. I have not actually counted lines, so I don't know. This "client" and I did not see eye to eye on MANY things and I decided it was not in my best interest to continue working for her, so I gave notice that I was "done."  She continues to email me even though I have stated in no uncertain terms that I was done, a ...

Someone Here Said We Should Save All Important
Jan 13, 2015

but how do you do this?  I tried to forward an email to another email address and it gets blocked (restricted - can't send).  If you get laid off/fired you lose access to your email immediately.  So I don't understand how someone here saves any on these emails.  ...

Important Questions
Jan 13, 2015

I am desperate to find a new path after being laid off from mgmt when my job was outsourced to India.  I can no longer support myself doing production and HAVE to find a new career.  I'm leaning towards coding but am hoping for some answers before taking the plunge and spending money I basically don't have.  Forgive me if these questions have been asked before, and thanks in advance for any help/advice you may have. If I successfully complete a reputable course and get ...

Does Anyone Else Have A Pet That Just Insists They Are Far More Important
May 27, 2015

than any work you have to do?!? I have a 70-pound dog insisting on trying to climb in my lap or just plain knocking my hands off the keyboards today! He's keeping me entertained though. ...