A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

watched the video-sm - confused

Posted: Dec 03, 2014

Anyone watch the video?????? I did. I guess there is no set line rate anymore or line requirements? Or did I miss something?

I calculated the examples using the old pay and you make more $ this way. That is if you send less than 10% to Q and get above 99%. Going below that I have no idea.

I understood it to be that if you don't get at least 99% - and less than 10% QC

[ In Reply To ..]
you get 7 cents a line. No more incentives/bonuses.

So it looks like if you consistently stay above 99% and under 10% you will prob do fine (still not sure though) but if you fall below this even by 0.5% you get 7 cents a line for that PP.

You get 7 cents a line for ALL lines, edited AND regular but your edited lines (which is for me 99.9% of what I do) will be corrected with some type of formula..ie. you are not really getting 7 cents a line for those edited lines (they just reduce the amount of lines and then give you 7 cents a line for those).....

I thought this was supposed to be simpler? LOL. I think we will all just have to wait for Dec 26 to see if it affects our pay one way or the other.

Your edited lines are converted, i.e. in half, so - that 0.07 cpl really is 0.035

[ In Reply To ..]
in reality. If you're editing 7000 lines a week, those are converted in half to 3500 and your rate then is calculated on that # of lines. I think there is going to be too much room for error. You'll never know if you're being ripped off or not as the calculation is just too complicated to keep up with.

I think if you look at the next line up you will see-sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
that the 0-99% range goes above that 0.07 and tier 0 seems to be only if you are doing 100 converted lines an hour.

edited vs typed - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They are cutting edited lines in half, the same way we do when we figure our hourly pay. If say you make 08/04 for typed/edited, then 1000 edited lines = 500 typed lines, so they are basically doing that for you. The pay difference for edited vs typed hasn't changed.

What? - Idontgetit

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you saying that if you edit 1000 lines, you are paid for that as 500 typed lines?
yes, exactly. nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Still don't get it - Idontgetit
[ In Reply To ..]
But the result is the same, so why are they bothering with that?
I don't know about you - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
but I have been getting more than 0.035 per line for editing and more than 0.08 per line for typing up to this point. So for me it is a pay reduction on both sides.
Same here.. - BBMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually don't even have any editing at all. It's all just straight typing, but I make more than 8 cpl with that. I haven't gotten the email about watching the video yet though, so I haven't seen it.
I see - Nowigetit
[ In Reply To ..]
Right, I was using 4/8. But using my actual present rates, I too have a reduction. Yippee, so exciting.
You got it! nm - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]

The MTs are still getting screwed, no matter - how you slice it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Actually I don't think that's true and - I am surprised I am saying that! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The shift differentials are better--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You actually get something for working in the day Saturday or Sunday and those who work overnight (if there is anyone) get an even better differential.

I am bummed about the loss of the new account differential. That had always been a positive in my book. My fear is that they will do away with PTO for progressive part-time but I will have to wait and see on that one.

I watched too. s/m - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Will rewatch it again later, but I know what I make on average each week and if I start making less than that, adios.

video - an

[ In Reply To ..]
So, are we looking at making basically the same cpl, but now unable to collect any kind of weekly or quarterly incentive????

pay cut - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on some difficult accounts, so my QC is ALWAYS over 10%. It has to be. So basically, the whole rest of that hoopla is meaningless because I'll be taking a cut because QC is over 10%.

That's my question....sm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Where does it say how much you'll be paid IF you are below 99% and above 10% ?? Right now I get 0.413/0.813 plus I usually make a weekly line bonus. I also saved that crap and now can't find it to look at the pay tables. Dusting off my resume this weekend and seeing what else is out there. I have a feeling this new pay system is just a way to pay us less.
All the way at the bottom - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
0.07 C-LPH. Counts 100% of your typed lines and 50% of your edited lines.
doesnt even out?sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
Wont that even out though. They pay you for only straight typed lines. Your edited ones are divided in half but treated as typed. Doesn't this just "even" out. I don't even understand why they did this. Seems so similar to regular stuff just such a headache
only if you type and edit 50/50 - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you type 5% and edit 95%, which is the ratio on a lot of accounts, it is a significant cut.

You can make more "if" your quality is above 99.3%, "if" you send less than 10% to QC, all calculated on a "daily" basis.
I haven't gotten to see the video yet, but... - BBMT
[ In Reply To ..]
will everyone be making 7 cpl typing and that's that? Is there a way to make more than that? I make 8.5 cpl right now.
no-sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
no not everyone will make the same. Everyone will be different and you yourself will make different every week. Depending on performance. The lowest you can make is MW. That is what I gathered from the video and call.
Thank you -- NM - BBMT
[ In Reply To ..]
hope it gets asked on call..sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
This is my question as well. I hope it gets asked on the call that is about to start. I will try to ask myself. That and a few other questions I have. I'm curious what happens with someone under all that. I know MW is the lowest you can go.
pay - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
IF your QC is above 10%, you make 7 cpl. Period. If on top of that, you have points on QA audits, it drops your pay. That's the reason they felt the need to talk about muP.

IF you are below 10% on QC, then there is a table that you can figure what you will make. It looked like it went up to something like 11 something. Of course, that's with shift diff, which you must work between 8 pm and 6 am to get. Your QA must be above 99% I think to get more pay.

11 something if you can edit - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
4320 "converted" lines per day, which is really 8640 edited lines per day or 1080 edited lines per hour.

Yeah I can do that!!! LOL
MW - Bobo
[ In Reply To ..]
What in the heck is an MW.
Minimum wage. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

"TRACKING CHANGES AND IDENTIFY ANOMALIES"..Okay, So I Just Watched The Video
Dec 04, 2014

Something like "Audits and controls are being put in place to track changes and identify anomalies in normal production hour history." They mentioned Webclock and the importance to have correct hours. Any of you acute care know what they are talking about. Do I remember someone saying something about downloading a program to track your time at the keyboard, etc, or was that on another forum? ...

I Watched A Show Last Week About The Hatfields And McCoys
Jun 14, 2012

That's what this forum is starting to sound like.  Over here the "braggarts and liars" (I don't think anyone's lying, personally, but stay with me on this), that can be the Hatfields because they were better off than the McCoys, which here would be the "miserable people with no skills" (and for the record I think you are all skilled, I don't think you are miserable and you are probably underpaid.)     ...

Video Conferencing
Feb 29, 2012

Regarding this video conferencing our buddy Vern was talking about, I'm going to e-mail him and ask if MT's can have a conference with HIM to address the the one major concern he so conveniently has failed to address .  .  .  our income!  I'd like him to explain to many of us face-to-face if you will why our PTO pays have practically been cut in half over the last several years along with our paycuts in general, lack of bonuses like we used to make, etc.&n ...

Just A Little Humor Video
May 22, 2012

Hoo-boy, it's kind of intense on this board lately. Anyway, I made a little text-to-speech video in honor of Medical Transcription Week. Maybe it'll give a few folks a wee chuckle before returning to the fray. It's over on YouTube, here:  http://youtu.be/s0rQXxHTEFg Enjoy!  Horse   ...

Quality 2.0 Video
Oct 15, 2014

So I get an email from my TSM saying that I didn't complete the mandatory training.  I told her that I did and that I sent her an email saying that I did and that I'd be d***** if I would take it a second time.  Still waiting to hear.  ...

Enrich Video
Dec 02, 2014

Just received an email from my TSM stating that we will get a link to an Enrich video on the new plan on Wednesday.  We have conference calls set up for questions on Thursday.   ...

Anyone Do Video Captioning Work?
Aug 18, 2012

How did you get started?  What software did you use?  It seems like the pay is good but there are a lot of qualifications & it's more geared to court reporters (like, requiring a court reporting certificate, etc.). ...

I'd Like To Know How To Post A Video/link Here
Jul 03, 2013

you can click on the play button and it plays in the window here instead of having to open a link.  Directions were once posted but I can't find them and wondered if someone knows how to do it. Thanks ...

This Is A Video Of Every MM Conference Call
Jan 24, 2014

I thought this was cute.  The only thing they left out is "the suckup" on every call ...

Update XP Video Drivers?
Mar 24, 2014

Trying to save myself some more research time.  Every time I play a YouTube video I get the "low resources" message and a pop up suggests I update my XP drivers.  Has anyone ever used the link and downloaded the drivers? ...

Emdat Training Video
Jul 30, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a specific link to an Emdat tutorial video and not just the Emdat install site?  I am going to use Emdat for ST soon (not VR), but it has been awhile.  I remember when I trained on it last time, there was a tutorial video to watch.  Thank you!  ...

Important Video About Automation
Aug 17, 2014

ALL jobs that can be automated, are.   Not addressed in the film was the costs of making and maintaining these robots.  Also not mentioned was the fate of unwanted and unneeded horses..../people. ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...

Take A Short Break And Watch The Video
Feb 05, 2013

Fairness Matters--watch This Video
Jun 02, 2014

Nuance believes (wrongly) that fairness does not matter, that they can unilaterally define every aspect of our work and compensation, with no input from us, their MTs. They can try to take away our voices, but if we act badly because of it, no one should be surprised. I don't see my fellow MTs do their work and how they are compensated. I work alone. But ... I do see other people working for other companies, doing demanding and difficult work, and being compensated with a fair wage an ...

Video Feed Issues - OLP Exam Had To Be Suspended
Feb 28, 2011

As if I weren't nervous enough taking this, now because of video feed issues, my exam was suspended. I'm waiting to hear back from someone at AHDI. From what I read, I may have to wait 6 months to take it again and I may have to pay again. Great........not ...

On MQCentral Home Page Check Out The Video
Nov 11, 2011

on youtube with Vern Davenport.  When you're on the youtube page click on the Speech Understanding Video.mov on the right and watch that video.  Say goodbye to your jobs! ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Anybody Else Out There "being Watched" Sm
Jun 01, 2012

I'm not talking about that productivity email.  I mean when  you are transcribing and then upload a job the little "K" icon on the bottom of the screen for the kapersky virus flashes and then flashes again when a job is downloaded.  It does it when I go to different websites to look up stuff for my work while I am working on a job.  There are times when it does not even do and then times when it does so it makes me believe they are watching me...mabye qa leader??  I ...