A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Video Feed Issues - OLP Exam Had To Be Suspended - smeeps

Posted: Feb 28, 2011

As if I weren't nervous enough taking this, now because of video feed issues, my exam was suspended. I'm waiting to hear back from someone at AHDI. From what I read, I may have to wait 6 months to take it again and I may have to pay again. Great........not

Pay again? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If it was a technical issue why in the world would you have to pay again for something you didn't get to do? Or am I misunderstanding you?

AHDI's Fee Is $100 To Take The OLP(online proctored) Exam... - smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
and according to what I read, because I was exposed to the exam(I answered 33 questions), I may have to wait 6 months to retest and I may have to pay the testing fee again. I'm waiting to hear from them. My nerves are so frazzled, I may to heck with it and not bother. But in this economy, that $100 that was paid, it will be missed.

Tha's not right, but I guess that they ... sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
can do what they want. Is there not a policy covering what to do or what happens with a technical failure? There should be, and if there is not, I'd fight them on the repayment, unless the failure was your PC. Testing can frazzle you that's for sure, hang in there and good luck!
MT - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
I am betting that smeeps can get her money refunded. She relied upon the representations of AHDI that the test would be today and a reasonable person would proceed on the assumption that all is in order. BTW, this is certainly not the first time the AHDI (and its former incarnation, AAMT) has had a "technical failure" that messed people up. Perhaps it would be good to take this as a warning. I would not waste one cent with AHDI. They can do nothing for you (except take your money).
I agree OldPro! - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope she gets her money refunded, or better yet, another date to test in full, since she already paid the fee. I gave up on AAMT years ago and have never regretted it.

smeeps - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Make them refund your money!
You got nothing of value for your money through no fault of your own - Ask for a refund
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yes, ask for a refund - SF guy
[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen these people pull this kind of lamebrained stunt before. DEMAND your money back and if they say no, go to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Fraud Division in California. Then run like h*** and do not have anything else to do with the AHDI. This is but a foretaste of how you will be treated.
Refund Request Submitted - Now I Wait.... - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Awaiting Response From Test Administrating Company... - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
Was told that I assumed all risked when opting to take the test from home(ie connectivity, speed etc.) Connectivity WAS NOT the issue. The connection speed was excellent. However, if the testing company says that it was because of MY connection....I'll lose out on the $100. However, it is still possible for me to be able to retake it, depends on if they determine how much of the exam I was exposed to(I answered 33/140 questions). {{fingers crossed}}
AHDI REFUSED REFUND-sm - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
so I contacted their entire board of directors via email and filed a compaint with the BBB in their area. Their lack of professionalism tells me that they do not give a hoot about document integrity, only lining their pockets with their outlandish fees.
Well, duh. Have you not been reading this board. That is what - many tried to tell you. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No need to be snarky.. ;) - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
smeeps - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let the snarkies bother you. Likely she forgot to take her Midol or something. Don't buy into it. You are in the right here. I am hoping that you will stand up for yourself. If you are in California, there are already complaints on file about AAMT/AHDI.
Kryterion ROCKS!!!! Offered Me A Complete Do-Over...sm - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
Kryterion(the testing company) said, because the cause of the issue couldn't be readily determined, they offered me a complete do-over!! I am going to try it from a different computer location(my aunt's house). This will be at no additional fee. IF there are still issues, I can retake at a testing facility and pay the difference between the OLP/test center. Hopefully I won't have issues. The gentleman was so very nice. I explained that the rep from AHDI was quite rude and in no way offered any type of resolution except to repay to take the test. So my retake day is this Friday at 1pm. I still filed a complaint with the BBB about AHDI, though. But Kryterion is okay by me!!!
smeeps - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you and good luck TO you. (Though why anyone wants anything to do with AHDI baffles me.) Anyway, I hope you get what you are looking for. Good luck on the test.
So after learning what AHDI is really like, you STILL - want to take their bogus test?
[ In Reply To ..]
AHDI is a SCAM.
Their Testing Company Offered Me The Retake-NOT AHDI - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
They(AHDI) still refuse to refund me my money. So, being that I am offered the do-over, I'm taking it so that I get some 'bang for my buck'. Believe me, AHDI 'screwed the pooch' and a complaint was filed with the BBB.
smeeps - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Smeeps, whether you take the test or not if your own choice, of course, and I wish you all good luck. However, if you really want to give AHDI a poke in the eye (which at this point they so richly deserve), you need to write a letter of documentation and complaint and send it to the Fraud Division of the Attorney General's office of the state in which they are incorporated. I believe they are still in California. They used to be in beautiful downtown Modesto. Anyway, if everyone who is messed over by these people will write complaints, maybe something can be done. What they do is so wrong on so many levels.....Good luck with your endeavors.
Whoops! - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Meant to write IS your choice,not IF your choice--it is very early on the West Coast! Sorry.
I would first read the agreement you probably signed - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
I would bet that there is something there that says that they are not responsible for technical issues. Do you have a copy of it? I'm sure you signed something. We sign those kinds of forms everyplace we go these days. I don't think you will end up having a leg to stand on in any case. As far as the BBB is concerned, AHDI is not really a "business" because they are a professional organization. That means a complaint with BBB won't achieve anything either.
What a turnaround of events for me - wow, to say the least. - smeeps
[ In Reply To ..]
My manager during my externship for school offered me a per diem position in the transcription department of the hospital(where I externed last year) AND a doctor, who called my former manager, needs a part-time transcriptionist. So, I cancelled the retake, am taking the loss and bidding AHDI a not-so-fond farewell. Things happend in 3's, right?? I should go play the lottery :)
smeeps - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL! WAAAAAY TO GO! And you did it all without having to succumb to the AHDI propaganda. I am proud of you and happy for you! You are the winner here and the AHDI bullies are left with a big black eye. Good luck with your new gig(s) and please keep us informed as to how it is going. This old gal (nearly 70) wishes you the best!
Way to go!! - dmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Have been following your posts and hoping something would turn up for you, have enjoyed everyone's posts. I remember 10 years ago starting out trying to get my toe in the door, finally called MQ in my region (but that was still back in the day when there were small offices and everyone knew you by name) and persuaded them to at least let me try their test and got hired. Don't work there anymore but always fondly remember those guys. Anywho! I think you've got what it takes to make a go of it, if that's what you really want to do. Looking back now for myself, being post divorce and in rather a bind, knowing what I do now, I wish I would have looked into some other job opportunities. But, I do enjoy transcription a lot, kind of hooked on it. I wish you much success!!
What were the exact words they used in refusing the refund request? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
smeeps - Not the first time
[ In Reply To ..]
They did something similar to someone I know here in California years and years ago. The details are different yet very similar. Well, she got an attorney who wrote them a very hot letter. She got her money back. She never had anything to do with AAMT (as it was called then) even though she went on to secure a major contract with the State of California and made big, big bucks! She did not need AAMT and neither do you.
As they stated - YOU assumed the risk. I would never - do that. I would go to a test facility.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Well, at least now you (and others reading your story) - know the truth about what AHDI really is.
[ In Reply To ..]
Evil, money-hungry, and dishonest.
I would hope that they have several versions of the test - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
In most testing situations like that you'll find that they have several versions of the test. The person sitting next to you will be on a completely different version. There is no reason why they can't administer a different version to you when you retest.

Want some advice? DON'T BOTHER WITH AHDI. - ESPECIALLY if you have to repay to retest.

[ In Reply To ..]
This organization isn't worth the low-grade paper its logo letterhead is printed on.
Want some advice? - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right. This organization has been exploiting MTs (especially poor newbies) for years. It gives back virtually nothing in return. It is kind of like one of those mythical serpents, feeding on itself. It would be interesting to know how many people have dropped out of it over the last decade. I have an excellent job, always have had excellent jobs, and no, I am not a member of AHDI. I in conscience could not support the organization that got the ball kicked off for offshoring. And they have been in bed with MedQuist for a long time. No, they definitely do not have the MT world's interests at heart.
Proctor U - mike j
[ In Reply To ..]
try taking exams through ProctorU. They have an easy web proctor system.
Better still, to not fall for the AHDI scam at all, - and not waste $ on their tests.
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

What Was That About FTR Suspended In South Region?
Apr 29, 2010

I skimmed it, came back, and it was gone. ...

Oral Cavity Opened And Suspended From The
May 02, 2012

nm ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

ADT Feed Problem?
Nov 26, 2013

Cannot access ADT info this a.m.  Getting "system or communication error" message.  What is going on?  Anybody else having problems? ...

Any Feed Back On The Inner Office, Ltd Out Of Ohio?
Nov 13, 2009

Does anyone know much about them? I talked to them yesterday, and they don't offer direct deposit, which is a red flag for me.  I have heard of other companies that do not pay you on time or not at all when they don't have this feature. ...

Video Conferencing
Feb 29, 2012

Regarding this video conferencing our buddy Vern was talking about, I'm going to e-mail him and ask if MT's can have a conference with HIM to address the the one major concern he so conveniently has failed to address .  .  .  our income!  I'd like him to explain to many of us face-to-face if you will why our PTO pays have practically been cut in half over the last several years along with our paycuts in general, lack of bonuses like we used to make, etc.&n ...

Just A Little Humor Video
May 22, 2012

Hoo-boy, it's kind of intense on this board lately. Anyway, I made a little text-to-speech video in honor of Medical Transcription Week. Maybe it'll give a few folks a wee chuckle before returning to the fray. It's over on YouTube, here:  http://youtu.be/s0rQXxHTEFg Enjoy!  Horse   ...

Quality 2.0 Video
Oct 15, 2014

So I get an email from my TSM saying that I didn't complete the mandatory training.  I told her that I did and that I sent her an email saying that I did and that I'd be d***** if I would take it a second time.  Still waiting to hear.  ...

Enrich Video
Dec 02, 2014

Just received an email from my TSM stating that we will get a link to an Enrich video on the new plan on Wednesday.  We have conference calls set up for questions on Thursday.   ...

Watched The Video-sm
Dec 03, 2014

Anyone watch the video?????? I did. I guess there is no set line rate anymore or line requirements? Or did I miss something? I calculated the examples using the old pay and you make more $ this way. That is if you send less than 10% to Q and get above 99%. Going below that I have no idea. ...

Anyone Do Video Captioning Work?
Aug 18, 2012

How did you get started?  What software did you use?  It seems like the pay is good but there are a lot of qualifications & it's more geared to court reporters (like, requiring a court reporting certificate, etc.). ...

I'd Like To Know How To Post A Video/link Here
Jul 03, 2013

you can click on the play button and it plays in the window here instead of having to open a link.  Directions were once posted but I can't find them and wondered if someone knows how to do it. Thanks ...

This Is A Video Of Every MM Conference Call
Jan 24, 2014

I thought this was cute.  The only thing they left out is "the suckup" on every call ...

Update XP Video Drivers?
Mar 24, 2014

Trying to save myself some more research time.  Every time I play a YouTube video I get the "low resources" message and a pop up suggests I update my XP drivers.  Has anyone ever used the link and downloaded the drivers? ...

Emdat Training Video
Jul 30, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a specific link to an Emdat tutorial video and not just the Emdat install site?  I am going to use Emdat for ST soon (not VR), but it has been awhile.  I remember when I trained on it last time, there was a tutorial video to watch.  Thank you!  ...

Important Video About Automation
Aug 17, 2014

ALL jobs that can be automated, are.   Not addressed in the film was the costs of making and maintaining these robots.  Also not mentioned was the fate of unwanted and unneeded horses..../people. ...

Putting A Video On YouTube.com Concerning Our Problems
Sep 03, 2010

Has anyone thought about putting a video on YouTube.com concerning our problems with low wages and sweat shop environment? ...

Take A Short Break And Watch The Video
Feb 05, 2013

Fairness Matters--watch This Video
Jun 02, 2014

Nuance believes (wrongly) that fairness does not matter, that they can unilaterally define every aspect of our work and compensation, with no input from us, their MTs. They can try to take away our voices, but if we act badly because of it, no one should be surprised. I don't see my fellow MTs do their work and how they are compensated. I work alone. But ... I do see other people working for other companies, doing demanding and difficult work, and being compensated with a fair wage an ...

On MQCentral Home Page Check Out The Video
Nov 11, 2011

on youtube with Vern Davenport.  When you're on the youtube page click on the Speech Understanding Video.mov on the right and watch that video.  Say goodbye to your jobs! ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

"TRACKING CHANGES AND IDENTIFY ANOMALIES"..Okay, So I Just Watched The Video
Dec 04, 2014

Something like "Audits and controls are being put in place to track changes and identify anomalies in normal production hour history." They mentioned Webclock and the importance to have correct hours. Any of you acute care know what they are talking about. Do I remember someone saying something about downloading a program to track your time at the keyboard, etc, or was that on another forum? ...

Eye Exam - Help, Please And Thanks!
Nov 11, 2009

External exam, pupillary exam, and slitlamp examination of the anterior segment are normal both eyes intact, all tension is normal both eyes.  Undilated funduscopic examination with a 90-diopter revealed a question of mild nerve s/l "fiber alla" edema.  ...

Help In MSK Exam
Nov 20, 2009

Lasègue sign is negative bilaterally, flare sign negative bilaterally, Rayberg maneuver negative.  I cannot find flare, so not sure if it is flare or flair.  Have no clue has to Rayberg maneuver.  Thanks. ...

Eye Exam Help And Thanks
Jan 05, 2010

Slitlamp exam is normal.  Intraocular pressure by tactile is normal.  On dilated funduscopic exam, cup-to-disc ratio is 0.15 with sharp margins in both eyes (s/l maculo splat).  Dilated funduscopic exam is within normal limits both eyes.    ...

Can Anyone Take The RMT Exam?
Mar 23, 2010

...or are there pre-reqs?  I've looked at the main ahdi website, I just wasn't sure if when they say that you have to "apply" if that means they will look at your experience and either accept or deny you or whether applying is simply a formality so they know you want to take the test.Also, if you've already taken the test, what were some of the toughest sections (for you personally)?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Exam Help
Apr 07, 2010

In the physical exam, the doctor says the following under the HEENT heading: Pupils are pinpoint and nonreactive.  Normal appearing sclera.  TMs are clear with good light reflection.  No s/l "battle sign".  Normal nasal exam with no polyps.   Help if you can please. ...

RMT Exam
Jan 19, 2011

I am ashamed to say that I took the RMT exam twice and failed the transcription part twice. I am horrified! So, here are my questions.  Am I the only one or are there any others of you in my shoes and how did you study for the exam? What study tools did you use? ...

OB/GYN Exam
Jul 14, 2011

REVIEW OF SYSTEMS___ was negative except for as HPI. (sounds like ten points) ...

GI Exam
Jun 25, 2013

During p/e, dr. says "abdomen is soft, distended with "capamedusa" present.... Could be tapa, kapa, Im duped.    ...