A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I did return lawyer's call and leave a message - suethemall

Posted: May 13, 2012

I have to admit, it was tough calling - it just makes it all the more real - wow, these companies really have screwed us all over for years!  It is a painful realization...I mean, you KNOW you're getting screwed over...but when you make contact with the legal system...it's real in a way it wasn't before.

However...I'm glad I called!!!!!!  I'm hoping other people will call as well - maybe if this law firm can't take it on, there will be some other law firm that will. 

Make the call, you won't be sorry!

I contacted them too. We shall see if anything - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
comes of it. I told them I did not know of 1 place that paid decent wages.

"Not paying decent wages" isn't going to cut it - legally.

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to be able to give examples of actual violations of labor laws. "Not paying decent wages", unfortunately, is NOT a violation of any labor law.

We DO have examples - suethemall

[ In Reply To ..]
there are examples all over this board - as well as in job offers, emails, phone calls, account specs, etc - is it all of a sudden legal to NOT PAY for work performed?

Due to technological change, it may take workers a while to catch on, as to the fact they are indeed providing uncompensated labor to a company - but caught on we have.

Ever heard of "bait and switch?" It is illegal for a company to represent a job one way, and then when someone takes the job, it's something different altogether. That is against the law.

You can't justify a 50% pay cut by trumpeting a new technology - woo-hoo! - and not have that 50% boost in productivity take place. That's false advertising, at the very least.

Message to companies: Keep on with business as usual - and see you in court!
Does anyone - have any
[ In Reply To ..]
recollection of being told spyware was going to be loaded onto your computer? I don't, and yet has been.

The spyware that is probably collecting data incorrectly, just as SR and VR cannot work properly.

I had a job that did not involve spyware, and when my line count dropped drastically and I asked if they had changed the definition of a line, no one answered me.

Really am sick of being lied to. And being paid 4 cpl for heavy heavy editing that is more convoluted and time-consuming that straight typing.
Notice how S*L*O*W your PC runs with all your - company-stuff on it? SPYWARE.
[ In Reply To ..]
And then they have the balls to try to tell me the problem is at MY end.

I know that the day I quit this job, and delete all their spy-cr*p from my PC, it will probably run like a Swiss watch once again.

*(of course, it's possible their spy-cr*p has already RUINED my PC, and I may have to go get a brand-new one. I would love it if they could be sued for trashing our computers, as well!)
Funny you mention this... - Halo
[ In Reply To ..]
I just uninstalled everything from my previous employer and my internet is much faster and working great. I wouldn't put anything past any of the MTSOs.

Please post lawyer contact information - Pixie

[ In Reply To ..]
Lawyer contact info please!!!!

I agree 100%! I got off the phone feeling... - Millie

[ In Reply To ..]
validated!! What a grrreat feeling!

Similar Messages:

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

My Message Was Harmless Yet Removed! Why Does The Moderator Leave All Kinds Of Bashing Messages But
Oct 25, 2011

seems out of sort, sorry! Just don't get it! ...

Just Received A Call/message From Superior Global
Jul 09, 2012

Hello!  I am seeking new employment and just received a call/message from Superior Global.  I see on here only negative information, but the newest post about them I can see is from 2008.  Does anyone know anything more current about Superior Global?  I am hoping things have improved, but if not, I don't want to waste my time ...  Thank you for your input!  I really appreciate it. ...

I Will Be Getting A Lawyer
Aug 12, 2011

First I need to apologize to the MTStars and its posters for having submitted material for which I was temporarily banned.  I should have, and did not, clearly apply their rules to my posts.  I have been re-instated and I want to thank MTStars for allowing my return. I am going to be seeking a lawyer and will be documenting as much information as I can.  Hopefully it will be a two-fold case:  The first addressing off-shore, and the second addressing our less-than-o ...

Just Spoke To A Lawyer
Jan 13, 2010

I spoke to a lawyer who knows some of the circumstances we will all face with the new HIPPA laws.  If you type a report and typed in a fax number or cc to a certain individual and it is wrong and gets sent to (that pizza company in the video), it all depends how the hospital, doctor, HIPPA and anyone else concerned on how they want to proceed with this situation.  If the doctor clearly states a fax number and an MT put the fax number in wrong and there are ways of finding out who did ...

Lawyer Contact
May 14, 2012

Will someone please post how to contact the attorney mentioned in so many of these messages.  I am ready to do that right now...might as well do something productive as I have NO WORK AGAIN TODAY!!! ...

What My Lawyer Said About FIESA
Jul 11, 2014

I was seeing my lawyer for other legal matters and asked him if he  knew anything about labor law.  He said a little.  I told him how we are paid by production, which includes providing our own computers, work environments at home, reading and responding to company email  and you know, every other little thing we have to do like searching for patients, etc., etc., etc., and now we are expected to log into FIESA and sign off on "errors."  He said off the top of his head, ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Has Anyone Checked With A Lawyer About MM Not Paying For CCs And
Nov 26, 2012

demos when we're required to spend time searching and entering them?  How can we be required to spend hours and hours a week searching & entering "required" information but not be paid for that time or those lines?  Would it be a labor lawyer? ...

Went To Talk To A Lawyer Today....
Nov 20, 2014

.....been going on with my job as a medical transcriptionist for the last several years to see if I had any legal recourse (I don't).  Anyway, while we were talking I found out that he did not have a secretary/receptionst.  I told him if he was ever looking for one that I would be interested.  Then we got to talking about becoming a paralegal, and he said "you really don't want to do that".  He basically said lawyers can be jerks to work with, and when you are ...

Labor Board Or Lawyer
Dec 03, 2014

in all seriousness, can this be done legally?  what about the state minimum wage... the Labor Board should be notified or a lawyer to make sure this is legal.    ...

Lawyer Bills And IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

The idea of class action lawsuits is to get their $500 an hour attorneys looking at mounds of info. You only get attention dipping your hand into their pockets, deep at that. They will take attention then. It is a very valid claim. ...

Letter From Lawyer Today -- Re Transcend
May 24, 2013

The letter offers me to join in a lawsuit against Transcend.  Have you received one, and if so, if you plan to join the lawsuit, would you share your reasoning?  Do you think one might be "blacklisted" for joining such a lawsuit?  Also, I do not understand how they can sue Transcend if it is now part of Nuance?  ...

When A Company Doesn't Pay And You Can't Afford A Lawyer...
Apr 03, 2014

You're pretty much out of luck, right? A company didn't pay me, and I can't afford a lawyer to sue them as I'm flat broke. Do I have any options to get my money? ...

Return To Transcription
Nov 29, 2011

I have been away from transcription for 2 years, but have 10 years experience before that.  I am looking to return and would love any advice on ways to brush up on transcription without having to pay for expensive courses.  Also, any companies that would be willing to hire in this situation.  Thanks! ...

What Equipment Do You Return?
Aug 06, 2012

What equipment are we supposed to return?  Just the hard drive?  I don't want to call my CCM about this so I hope someone who recently quit knows.  Since my computer doesn't have enough power to run 7.1, do you think they still want it back? ...

Equipment Return
Sep 08, 2012

The number that this person called from doesn't say M-Modal, just Raleigh, NC? I refuse to call and pay the long distance from my house phone where he left the message, so I tried all day yesterday to call from my cell phone and get a busy signal and "network not available" message.  Does this all sound jicky or maybe weather-related?????? ...

Return Equipment Labels
Apr 06, 2010

Left MQ the last day of March 2010.  I have read on this board numerous times that that they a long time to send return labels.  I have been gone 1 week and already have return labels, but the joke is, I do not have MQ equipment to send back.  Have been using my own equipment from day one.  I even had to have it repaired a couple months ago and my CCM asked if it was my computer.  If it had been theirs they would have gotten it back then.  Just thought you might enj ...

Return To Maker - Paycheck - What Does This Mean
Aug 01, 2010

Went to the issuing bank with my paycheck in hand.  Bank supervisor was called over.  After they stared at the screen for several minutes, handed me back the check and said they could not cash it.  When asked why, was told that it was to be "returned to maker."  Is that reason to believe the MTSO is not able to cover the paycheck? ...

6.1 Has Stolen My Capitalization On Return!! LOL
Sep 08, 2010

specifically useful in listing, when I used to hit return, it would automatically capitalize the next line, updated to 6.1 and no more auto cap on return.  Anyone else have this problem?  My expansion is Instant Text, and I don't see anything on there about the cap on return.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Julie ...

MT Training - Want To Return To Transcription
Feb 08, 2011

Hi there!!  I was a medical transcriptionist eons ago - learned on an IBM Selectric typewriter while listening to a dictaphone machine.  I was quite good, if I may say so myself.  However, lots of years have gone by, I became an EMT, then an LPN, but now I'm retired.  I want to return to transcription and need the advice of experienced MTs.  It seems smart to take a course online but I really don't know which course you all would recommend.  HELP!!  I need the most comprehensive ...

My Return To MQ Bites The Dust
Sep 29, 2011

Several years ago, after working for MQ for a few years, I gave up on them - it was right around the time they introduced the whole cesspool thing and all my work disappeared.  Then, I began working elsewhere and guess what, same boring story, the work dried up.  So, with painful reluctance I came back to MQ and these last few weeks has been one heart-wrenching day after the next.  There's either no work, or I get another hospital with completely different CP instructions or ...

Famous Vs. Veinous Return?
Nov 15, 2011

Dr. states use legs and muscles to encourage _____ return.  Sound like famous.  Possibly veinous?  Thanks! ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

How Hard Will It Be To Return To Medical Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

I'm not exactly new to the field, I transcribed clinic reports for 3 years.  After I graduated from MT school (Andrews), I ended up taking a job with a local medical transcription business.  Due to some health problems and also the owner subsequently running the business into the ground, I have been away from transcription for nearly a year.  How hard will it be to find a job after a year away from the field?  Do I have to start over as a new MT?  Thanks. ...

Return Of MQ Equipment--reporting It As Stolen?
Aug 06, 2010

I am a former MedQuister who left over 2 years ago. I just today recieved a letter from MQ stating they have contacted me 3 times over equipment that had not been returned that belongs to them. As far as I know, I was only contacted one time, it was about 3 or 4 months after I had left, and I had returned my equipment about a week or two after I ended my employment. So...this letter says they will report the equipment as stolen to the authorities, will report $2000 value of equipment on a tax f ...

Systematically Suction Curetted S/l Was/with Return
Aug 20, 2010

contents were then systematically suction curetted s/l was/with return with a very small amount of gestational tissue. ...

She Can Return The Emergency Room Or CPAP?
Sep 07, 2011

Ok, I've been getting a lot of doctors saying this. That patients can go to/return to what s/l CPAP (see pap).   Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's a nickname for another local facility either. I have a list of commonly referred to places for this client and nothing like CPAP is on there.  Just curious. ...

Shortcut To Return To Beginning Of Audio?
Jan 24, 2013

Does anybody know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back to the beginning of the audio?  With 6.whatever you just went back to the beginning of the text and then did control m to put the audio there and went to the beginning because of the skip markers, now with no skip marker, it only goes back to where the actual report starts, not the beginning of the ADT, if it will go back at all.  I like 7 way better in all other aspects, but having to manually slide the audio back over with ...