A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever missed a quartery tax payment - Sally

Posted: Jul 15, 2013

I actually thought they were due this month, just pulled out my vouchers and saw they were due last month.  I actually watched a video with an accountant and he said you don't have to pay quarterly taxes, they just set it up to help you out.  I was wondering though if anyone has actually ever missed a payment and what the outcome was.  Trying to find something on the internet but not finding anything except penalties if you owe at the end of the year.

yes - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
One year, I didn't pay any quarterly tax. At tax time in April my penalty for not having paid quarterly was something like $39 on total taxes owed of $2100.

THANK YOU!!!!! I was starting to have a panic attack - Sally

[ In Reply To ..]
when I saw that. I honestly thought they were due today. I made less money this quarter. My paychecks are going down and we've had some major financial burdens that have hit us these past couple months, so just completely lost track. I'll be paying this quarter, just didn't know how serious the outcome would be that I'm a month late.

Thanks for your reply.

I did not pay any at all last year, none so far - sm - XXX

[ In Reply To ..]
this year either. I have never paid penalties, have owed for that past 4 years. I did make estimated payments for a few years, in 2011 only about half the year thru EFTPS (made them monthy), no penalties. Now I have extra tax payments taken out of my husband's and my checks from a PT job I have outside, so with that I pay about $3500 for my taxes. Just started doing this with my DHs checks about halfway thru last year (have always had extra from mine taken out) so owed about $30 to the IRS for 2012, much better than ther $500 the year before (made less obviously), and the $1K for 2010. But have my income back up to $30K range for 2013 and the $3500 extra I am putting in via our paychecks will cover it so not going to worry about making estimated tax payments. My tax is about 10% of my gross. ---I think you only get penalties when you owe more than you did from the year before, my taxes due/owed have always been less each year.

I never pay them, the only downfall is a small fine - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
tacked on when you make your yearly payment. No big deal. My thinking is if I die, I'd rather owe the IRS than be prepaid.

I feel the same way. I pay the small fine every year. nm - mtwith6yearstogo

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Did Anyone Qualify For Or Get Notice Of The Quartery Bonus Yet?
Apr 05, 2013

I asked HR and was told that we would get an email by the end of this week regarding the quarterly bonuses. It's Friday afternoon. Anybody get an email yet? ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

Just Missed Mistakes
Aug 14, 2010

Have you ever realized that you made a mistake on a report that you just sent?  I wish DQS had a window of time before the report goes to the client that you could go back to it and fix the error.  I would think only 15 minutes would work.  ...

Missed An Opportunity?
Oct 19, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has missed a job opportunity by not responding right away to a potential employer. I got an email yesterday around 3 p.m. asking to interview with me and I responded around 5 p.m. and have now heard nothing back. Just wondering if I missed my window? Would they go with someone else just because they were available in that 2-hour window? I really, really, really want this job and am just making myself sick over the possibility I may have missed my opportunity. ...

In Case You Missed It
Nov 27, 2013

will tell you one more time what they just did to me. In my former BOB was back up to about $18/hour, getting kudos for having 100% accuracy on many reports. Then switched to a new BOB. After working for about 24 hours on the account I was audited, failed at 98.1% and immediately put on 100% QA at which point I quit. Previously I had been audited once a month (and sometimes went for months without an audit) and when I occasionally failed, was given another month to "improve." I was making 1 ...

Missed The Conference Call..
Nov 27, 2009

Can someone please give me a recap?  ...

Yowza... I Think I Missed Payday?
Aug 27, 2011

My MQ check is a whoppin' 333 bucks this PP...   ramen and beans again.  Between NJA, ESL and pay cuts I think I'll call it quits here.  I can do better at a minimum wage job and have less stress.  Giving notice TOMORROW.  Gotta say this tho, the best part about MQ is this board!  LOL!  I've had some good laughs and heard a lot of solid, truthful news and facts about our industry and other's plights working here for peanuts (half peanut ...

In Case Anyone Missed It This Weekend ...
Jan 27, 2014

While some of us are on Food Stamps, earning pennies and being nickeled and dimed to death, the company we REALLY work for ... JP Morgan Chase, just bumped its CEO from $11 million a year to $20 million a year.  In case you wondered, he now earns almost $55,000 A DAY, 365 days a year.    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/p-morgan-raise-james-dimon-pay-20-million-article-1.1590425 ...

Missed The MDI/Transcend Conf Call
Nov 17, 2009

I missed the conference call this morning.  Was there anything new discussed? ...

Missed AB, Procedure S And C. Would That Be Suction And Curettage?
May 08, 2011

S and C procedure for missed AB?  Suction and curettage? ...

Just In Case Anyone Missed It, See Here What Show NBC Is Putting Out And Why They Should Be Banned,
Aug 16, 2010

picketed and millions of emails from MTs like ourselves should be sent to them complaining, just as others are doing.  This is an absolute disgrace, comedy or no comedy!!!!  The show is called Outsourced.  If you do not want to click the link below then Google NBC - Outsourced, as I did, and read about the show and also read the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are writing NBC and complaining!  Such poor taste! http://www.nbc.com/news/2010/05/07/nbc-picks-up-three-n ...

Payment
Sep 14, 2010

I am very upset right now.  I just got an e-mail stating that my checkwill be late for a week. I have looked long and hard to find a MT job and work my "buns" off to keep it.  I  am very frustrated, but also feel stuck. I know how hard the MT jobs are to find....like to have never got this one.  My question is what do you say to someone who tells you that? My employer is a small contract transcription company and I am the only person who does the work for him/her. A ...

TTD - Payment
Sep 15, 2011

How long does it usually take for you to receive your check from TTD through the mail?  I know it depends on where you live, but I live on the west coast and TTD is located in CA, so I am thinking it shouldn't take that long for the check to get to me if it was sent out Monday the latest.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Payment Advice - Please Help!!
Nov 12, 2009

I need some advice on what to do. I have been working for a service since last July and its been pretty good since but now and then my checks were coming late - sometimes a week late. Lately this has been pretty much happening the last several paytimes, such as now, as I am waiting for my check from the end of October. I have been emailing but not getting any response as to even acknowledege the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about handling this and if there is someone I ...

Makeup Payment?
Apr 20, 2011

Anybody else have a "makeup payment" amount included in their pay check?  These checks are SOOOO confusing.  Anyone know where they include any shift differential amount?  Thanks. ...

Payment For ADT Info
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone else get paid for the info they enter in to ADT?  I found out recently that we do not...... ...

Make-up Payment
Aug 10, 2011

I've noticed this Make up payment field in my extraordinarily confusing paystub LOL.  What the heck is that? I think it may actually be bringing me up to minimum wage because I live in MA and its higher than the feds.  anybody know?   ...

Late Payment
Nov 14, 2013

So, I have worked for this person since 2007.  In the beginning everything was WONDERFUL.  Great to work for, plenty of work, fairly decent wage, etc.  Now for the last couple of years pay has been increasingly late.  I was originally set for pay days on the 1st and the 15th.  A couple of years ago it changed to the 5th and the 20th, which is fine, I can handle that.  that started being late so I said I would change it in my mind to the 10th and the 25th so I wouldn ...

Payment For Transcription Work
Sep 01, 2010

I worked for a small transcription company. They only paid me for half of the work I did for them and refuse to pay me for the rest.  When I try to collect from them they tell me to sue them in small claims court if I want the balance.  Any suggestions to get my payment?  I am in one state and they are located in another state. ...

Payment/nonpayment For Services
Apr 27, 2011

I have a signed contact with a company as of 3/15/2011 according to the contact payment for services is to be made within 5 business day of receipt of the invoices.  I have done work for them, I have submitted my invoices to them for payment.  My first invoice was dated 3/17/2011, payment was posted to my Paypal account and then canceled the day it was to be released.  I continued to do work for her giving the benefit of the doubt but here is is almost a month later and I can' ...

Medigrafix/PreciseMT NON PAYMENT
Aug 25, 2012

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN GO TO WOWT CHANNEL SIX OMAHA Fact finders watch story and read posts. ...

Has Anyone Used An Attorney To Collect Payment...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi, If you have used an attorney to collect payment on an invoice as an IC, I am curious to know how long it took to obtain payment and if you pursued any other damages such as the attorney's fees, bank charges incurred, etc., etc. and how long the process took.  I am out of patience with a small MTSO who pays consistently 1-4 days after payday and ready to pursue any and all avenues necessary to obtain payment since pay is late again and I have received no repsonse to my inquiries r ...

CAREER STEP Payment PLANS?
May 09, 2010

If anyone has taken Career Step, do you feel you are being challenged and that it is worth the money? Do they have payment plans? ...

Non-payment By DW Medical Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

Did some weekends ER reports to DW Medical Transcription, Atlanta, GA from June 20 to Dec 15. They still owe $1,400 for Oct to Dec work. Their accountant lied  "Your check has been mailed. Please do not send any Emails telling me when and what I need to mail to you" and the owner/manager, Felicia made false promise “A check will go out to you next Friday on the 15th of this month”. NOT RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SO FAR AND NO RESPONSE FOR MY EMAILS. Their attorney said ...

Express Scribe Payment Could Not Be Processed
Nov 18, 2012

I have used Express Scribe (the free version) for the past several years...to make a long story short...a few weeks ago, it asked me to pay for it...I tried..said the payment could not be processed...so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked fine...this morning I wake up to start transcribing and now it will not let me install my footpedal. There is no phone number to contact anyone, and I hate how there was no warning it just all of a sudden will not allow me to install it, saying that ...

I Received An ACH Confirmation Number But Still Have No Payment. Sm
Apr 12, 2013

Does anyone know what (if anything) I am supposed to do with this information? The MTSO has NEVER been on time paying me, so this is no big surprise (payment was due April 1), but supposedly the ACH payment was made 2 days ago and she gave me a confirmation number, but I'm not sure what that means to me other than the fact that once again I will go into another weekend unpaid. (sigh) ...

Ascend Health Care - Payment
Apr 09, 2014

Has anyone who was hired on at Ascend/Portal Health Care LLC during the last hiring received their payment for Phase I?  I am beyond outraged right now; just told that I will have to wait until after the 15th  for my first payment to be processed b/c processing ended on March 20th despite repeated emails being sent out by payroll stating that submission after the 20th wouldn't affect the schedule of payment.  Not to mention, I submitted my invoice twice and asked for re ...

2 Lines Of Editing Equals 1 Line For Payment
Sep 22, 2010

For those of you thinking of going with FN out of California, when you get your employment package, you will find that 2 lines of work equals 1 line of editing--in other words, you must do twice as much work to get paid for a line of editing.  Of course, you do not find that out until you have invested time and interest with this place.  ...

Does Any LMarker Know How The Payment For Cobra Is To Be Made? No Message
Jan 30, 2011

nm ...

Consistent Late Payment Of 60+ Days By Client
Mar 06, 2012

Is anybody else suffering each month because their client is not paying for completed transcription services ? Or do i contract for the only client that does not pay?  What do we do? ...