A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Payment/nonpayment for Services - Frustrated

Posted: Apr 27, 2011

I have a signed contact with a company as of 3/15/2011 according to the contact payment for services is to be made within 5 business day of receipt of the invoices.  I have done work for them, I have submitted my invoices to them for payment.  My first invoice was dated 3/17/2011, payment was posted to my Paypal account and then canceled the day it was to be released.  I continued to do work for her giving the benefit of the doubt but here is is almost a month later and I can't get her to pay me for the services and when I email her she is very evasive about it.  What should I do, what is my next step???? How do I enforce the contract?

Not paid - LEE

[ In Reply To ..]
Let us know who it is. This is scary. Nobody wants to get stuck working for nothing.

Payment/nonpayment for services - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
My 10 Fingers Transcription

Looks like this is business as usual for her. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Do a google search and this site has several posts. I'm sorry for you. I would cease and desist doing anything else, and hold any dictation you may have and then email her and let her know when and where civil proceedings against her and her company will commence if payment is not received by xx date. I wish you the best.

I did that to get paid, that is you are not getting this - until I get paid

[ In Reply To ..]
and it was for a "friend" no less! The tactic worked very well and I got paid 100% with a money order. I refused a check - what if she stopped payment on it?

non pymt - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell her you are going to the IRS, cause she is probably avoiding them as well, the insurance fraud division of the state where this occurred, the state attorney general. That is what I did with DIT and FINALLY got my payment in full....Good luck, you'd be surprised how quick they jump when you mention IRS and insurance fraud. They are billing insurance for reports done and are not paying you for doind them..

payment/nonpayment - Maryanne

[ In Reply To ..]
I was submitting my bill along with the work to the office, thinking it was being passed to the manager or physician. I called with the second month's billing to the office manager and she gave me a cash flow excuse. On the third month, I bypassed her and labeled my bill as Dr. ???, personal and confidential. He immediately apologized and paid my bill. This also alerted him to the fact that his office manager was embezzling money. After that, his new manager was instructed to pay my bill immediately as he knew if I didn't receive payment within a reasonable amount of time I would notify him. He only got burned for $200K+ instead of who knows what. You might try bill the doctor directly as personal and confidential and a note to him asking if he would have his staff take care of your bill. Good luck.

"only" $200K ?? - or did you mean $2000?

[ In Reply To ..]
Because otherwise, how does someone embezzle $200,000 from a doctor and not get busted way before?

Also, the OP works for a service, not a doctor. She can't bill the client (doctor) directly.

Stop work immediately and sue her for - what she already owes

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't pussyfoot around. Give her one warning that she either pays or you take her to court. Give her a deadline of 15 days or less, then stick to it.

Next stop, Small Claims Court. - nm - MT Wordz

[ In Reply To ..]

who is the company - angel456

[ In Reply To ..]
who is the company you are working for?

nonpayment - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing happened to me at DIT. Can't believe they can keep doing this.

If you didn't get paid for your first invoice - me

[ In Reply To ..]
why would you keep doing the work? That is just plain stupid.

your opinion - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
thats pretty harsh, calling someone stupid. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You must have never made a "stupid" decision.

nonpayment - dee

[ In Reply To ..]
That is just plain mean and I would like to think that most of us are the type of caring and thoughtful people that do give employers the benefit of the doubt. Your statement was very "stupid" because you don't know the whole story. People like us, want to think the best of people in hopes they will do the right thing. We learn by mistakes, so you must be stupid to have never made mistakes like that.

This was not an employer/employee relationship - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Dee YOU don't know what you're talking about. Re-read her post. This was not her "employer". You obviously don't know the difference between an employee and an IC. As an IC you are in business and your client is the MTSO. Your contract states you perform the work within a certain period of time, submit your invoice, and get paid in a certain period of time and if that does not happen even one time why would you keep accepting work? It makes no sense. Hopes don't pay the bills.

No, I have never had a problem not getting paid because I make it perfectly clear what I expect. I am SMART. I work both for myself and as an IC. If it is someone I have never worked for I get a deposit/retainer. After we develop a business relationship and I feel I can trust them I invoice after the work is completed but am paid on my terms.

If I am an IC I do my homework on the company beforehand and I make sure the payment terms are terms that I want to live with and if not I will pass on the job.

The reason I can be so selective about who I work for is I am very good at what I do.

Yes it may sound mean but it is the cold hard truth. People will use you for as long as you let them. If you work for someone for 30 days and they are not paying you and you still work for them you deserve what you get.

If you are going to work as an IC you have to have some business savvy or you will get scammed like she did.

Similar Messages:

TTD--Nonpayment
Aug 23, 2012

*** breeched the contract by not paying. She is a thief. She stole your services and now refuses to pay for them. The client paid her...what makes her think she does not have to pay you? Contact the client, contact SGS and let them know what she did to you. Who cares if you breech the contract now. She is not responding, but I am sure the clients or SGS would respond. After all, if something is said about you breeching contract for contacting the clients or SGS...all you can say is that you ...

TTD Nonpayment
Sep 25, 2012

Did anyone get paid from TTD by chance? The owner never picks up the phone nor replies to any mail. She owes me thousands of $. Can anyone advise ...

Nonpayment
Sep 22, 2014

Superior Court Reporting Nonpayment for services rendered. What to do when you don't get paid. It has been 90 days.  Watch.   ...

Nonpayment By An MTSO
Jan 03, 2010

How does one go about collecting money from a small MTSO who still owes me $1,049 for transcription I had done for them?  I quit working for them in May 2009 when I hadn't received payment.  I sent them several e-mails and they did pay me some of the money owed me.  Originally they owed me $2,049; paid me with one check for $500, then two more checks for $200 each, which were sent to me every few months in between.  They kept telling me they would pay me off the com ...

KEYSTROKES NONPAYMENT
Jun 10, 2011

Anyone else have difficulty getting the money owed them by KS after they left the company?  I even provided them with my documentation of production and now no one will return my calls/emails. ...

ATSI Nonpayment Of Wages
Aug 13, 2011

This is just a warning message to hopefully prevent other MTs from going through my experience.  ATSI still owes me three paychecks, which were repeatedly promised to be paid day after day, week after week, then we were informed they legally had to pay by August the 8th.  Most of us have still not been paid.  I just learned that David Shepherd and his wife, Terry, also control M T World.  I am now employed elsewhere, but it will take months to undo the damage this company did ...

MTSO Nonpayment List-TTD
Sep 26, 2012

I am curious why The Transcription Doctors are not on the nonpayment list.  I am owed money from them as are many others.   ...

How Long Would You Give An MTSO Before You Sue For Nonpayment? Sm
Apr 30, 2013

I am still owed for work done in March. She says she cannot give a definite time as to when this money will be paid to us (I am not the only one she owes). As my bank account grows smaller, so does my level of patience. ...

ATSI Listed On New NonPayment MTSO List -- SM
Aug 11, 2011

Unfortunately, after working with ATSI's CEO (David Shepherd), this MTSO still has not paid outstanding wages and/or contract debts to MTs and other MT-related staff. Please note the new MTSO NonPayment List posted at the top of the Company board.  Posts discussing wage disputes with any MTSO that is currently on this list will not be removed.  If/when the wage debt(s) are satisified, the wage dispute guidelines for MTStars will be reinforced. If you have any questions about p ...

ATSI Listed On New MTSO NonPayment List -- SM
Aug 11, 2011

Unfortunately, after working with ATSI's CEO (David Shepherd), this MTSO still has not paid outstanding wages and/or contract debts to MTs and other MT-related staff. Please note the new MTSO NonPayment List posted at the top of the Company board.  Posts discussing wage disputes with any MTSO that is currently on this list will not be removed.  If/when the wage debt(s) are satisified, the wage dispute guidelines for MTStars will be reinforced. If you have any questions about p ...

Payment
Sep 14, 2010

I am very upset right now.  I just got an e-mail stating that my checkwill be late for a week. I have looked long and hard to find a MT job and work my "buns" off to keep it.  I  am very frustrated, but also feel stuck. I know how hard the MT jobs are to find....like to have never got this one.  My question is what do you say to someone who tells you that? My employer is a small contract transcription company and I am the only person who does the work for him/her. A ...

TTD - Payment
Sep 15, 2011

How long does it usually take for you to receive your check from TTD through the mail?  I know it depends on where you live, but I live on the west coast and TTD is located in CA, so I am thinking it shouldn't take that long for the check to get to me if it was sent out Monday the latest.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Payment Advice - Please Help!!
Nov 12, 2009

I need some advice on what to do. I have been working for a service since last July and its been pretty good since but now and then my checks were coming late - sometimes a week late. Lately this has been pretty much happening the last several paytimes, such as now, as I am waiting for my check from the end of October. I have been emailing but not getting any response as to even acknowledege the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about handling this and if there is someone I ...

Makeup Payment?
Apr 20, 2011

Anybody else have a "makeup payment" amount included in their pay check?  These checks are SOOOO confusing.  Anyone know where they include any shift differential amount?  Thanks. ...

Payment For ADT Info
Jun 06, 2011

Does anyone else get paid for the info they enter in to ADT?  I found out recently that we do not...... ...

Make-up Payment
Aug 10, 2011

I've noticed this Make up payment field in my extraordinarily confusing paystub LOL.  What the heck is that? I think it may actually be bringing me up to minimum wage because I live in MA and its higher than the feds.  anybody know?   ...

Late Payment
Nov 14, 2013

So, I have worked for this person since 2007.  In the beginning everything was WONDERFUL.  Great to work for, plenty of work, fairly decent wage, etc.  Now for the last couple of years pay has been increasingly late.  I was originally set for pay days on the 1st and the 15th.  A couple of years ago it changed to the 5th and the 20th, which is fine, I can handle that.  that started being late so I said I would change it in my mind to the 10th and the 25th so I wouldn ...

Payment For Transcription Work
Sep 01, 2010

I worked for a small transcription company. They only paid me for half of the work I did for them and refuse to pay me for the rest.  When I try to collect from them they tell me to sue them in small claims court if I want the balance.  Any suggestions to get my payment?  I am in one state and they are located in another state. ...

Medigrafix/PreciseMT NON PAYMENT
Aug 25, 2012

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN GO TO WOWT CHANNEL SIX OMAHA Fact finders watch story and read posts. ...

Has Anyone Ever Missed A Quartery Tax Payment
Jul 15, 2013

I actually thought they were due this month, just pulled out my vouchers and saw they were due last month.  I actually watched a video with an accountant and he said you don't have to pay quarterly taxes, they just set it up to help you out.  I was wondering though if anyone has actually ever missed a payment and what the outcome was.  Trying to find something on the internet but not finding anything except penalties if you owe at the end of the year. ...

Has Anyone Used An Attorney To Collect Payment...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi, If you have used an attorney to collect payment on an invoice as an IC, I am curious to know how long it took to obtain payment and if you pursued any other damages such as the attorney's fees, bank charges incurred, etc., etc. and how long the process took.  I am out of patience with a small MTSO who pays consistently 1-4 days after payday and ready to pursue any and all avenues necessary to obtain payment since pay is late again and I have received no repsonse to my inquiries r ...

CAREER STEP Payment PLANS?
May 09, 2010

If anyone has taken Career Step, do you feel you are being challenged and that it is worth the money? Do they have payment plans? ...

Non-payment By DW Medical Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

Did some weekends ER reports to DW Medical Transcription, Atlanta, GA from June 20 to Dec 15. They still owe $1,400 for Oct to Dec work. Their accountant lied  "Your check has been mailed. Please do not send any Emails telling me when and what I need to mail to you" and the owner/manager, Felicia made false promise “A check will go out to you next Friday on the 15th of this month”. NOT RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SO FAR AND NO RESPONSE FOR MY EMAILS. Their attorney said ...

Express Scribe Payment Could Not Be Processed
Nov 18, 2012

I have used Express Scribe (the free version) for the past several years...to make a long story short...a few weeks ago, it asked me to pay for it...I tried..said the payment could not be processed...so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked fine...this morning I wake up to start transcribing and now it will not let me install my footpedal. There is no phone number to contact anyone, and I hate how there was no warning it just all of a sudden will not allow me to install it, saying that ...

I Received An ACH Confirmation Number But Still Have No Payment. Sm
Apr 12, 2013

Does anyone know what (if anything) I am supposed to do with this information? The MTSO has NEVER been on time paying me, so this is no big surprise (payment was due April 1), but supposedly the ACH payment was made 2 days ago and she gave me a confirmation number, but I'm not sure what that means to me other than the fact that once again I will go into another weekend unpaid. (sigh) ...

Ascend Health Care - Payment
Apr 09, 2014

Has anyone who was hired on at Ascend/Portal Health Care LLC during the last hiring received their payment for Phase I?  I am beyond outraged right now; just told that I will have to wait until after the 15th  for my first payment to be processed b/c processing ended on March 20th despite repeated emails being sent out by payroll stating that submission after the 20th wouldn't affect the schedule of payment.  Not to mention, I submitted my invoice twice and asked for re ...

2 Lines Of Editing Equals 1 Line For Payment
Sep 22, 2010

For those of you thinking of going with FN out of California, when you get your employment package, you will find that 2 lines of work equals 1 line of editing--in other words, you must do twice as much work to get paid for a line of editing.  Of course, you do not find that out until you have invested time and interest with this place.  ...

Does Any LMarker Know How The Payment For Cobra Is To Be Made? No Message
Jan 30, 2011

nm ...

Consistent Late Payment Of 60+ Days By Client
Mar 06, 2012

Is anybody else suffering each month because their client is not paying for completed transcription services ? Or do i contract for the only client that does not pay?  What do we do? ...

US Dept Of Labor Back Wages Payment
Jul 31, 2013

Anyone else get a sweet check from K&R for back wages and a letter from Department of Labor? ...