A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Good company to work with - Gram Horsey

Posted: Nov 04, 2014

any references for a company that is good to work for or with?  I see so many that are telling you to stay away from them.  I guess it is hard to find a good one!

Although all MT companies that I am - familiar with are

[ In Reply To ..]
pretty sorry these days, especially in terms of pay (let's face it, MT is just a low paid job now). Even the terrible 3 apparently have many people making it work for them. Bottom line, you really won't know a good company for you until you are working for it, not someone else's experience.

I know, but - Gram Horsey

[ In Reply To ..]
if you are hired as IC you should not be given a strict schedule and I am seeing ads for IC but have to work a set shift and weekend day. I have been doing this 25 years and want part time now. Just thought maybe there might be MT that are happy with a certain company. seems so many companies MT are not happy with and want to avoid that, been there in the past. Thanks

ICs and "scheduling" - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently working as an IC for a smaller company that very rarely advertises. In my cover letter to my resume, I state my hours of availability. I am not " an early morning person," and I generally start working later in the morning and work until 11 to midnight, depending on the workload. I also work weekends, because the work needs to get done.

It is truly a double edged sword, because there are companies that are asking for IC; however, want what seems to many to be a a "schedule." TAT needs to be met, and I have seen it from both sides as an MT and management, where too many people tend to say they will work at least part of a weekend, and "disappear." When a facility is not happy with TAT, that is how companies lose accounts to other services.

I am not sure if they are hiring right now or not, but you may want to try either United Transcription or SmartDoc. Both of those companies are IC and both are straight typing.
IC work - Gram Horsey
[ In Reply To ..]
I saw that, but did not contact them yet. I work as IC and need flexible hours. I may check into United Trans. I just don't like that they advertise IC and then state shifts and days you are to work. That is not an IC. If employee then need all the benefits that go with it. Just want part-time and best for me. Thanks.

that's not the way it works - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A company puts out a request to have their needs met by a private contractor. It doesn't mean they are obligated to hire you on your own terms.

The guy who builds your stone wall is a private contractor. If you need it done in two weeks, you get to choose the guy that will get it done in two weeks.

Independent contractors are free to provide services or fail to do so. As an IC, there is nothing wrong with defining your work schedule to a client. As the client, there is nothing wrong with choosing an IC that is a good match for your needs.
True, but - Gram Horsey
[ In Reply To ..]
when it comes to taxes, benefits, etc. some companies are stating "IC" but treating the IC as an employee. IRS and labor laws disagree with this being an IC job. I have no problem paying my own taxes, but do not want someone breathing down my back when working and telling me to work holidays and weekends at this point in my life. Who knows, may get out of it all together! thanks for the info.
If you hire that contractor - to build your stone wall
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't tell him what tools to use, what hours he has to be there, train him to your way of doing things, etc. You tell him the turnaround time. If he is there at 8:00 am one day and 11 am the next day, you don't care as long as the wall is done at the end of the 2 weeks.

When we worked as ICs some years ago, we got the tapes and had to have them done by the next day, no one cared when we did it, just that they were done by the deadline. That's considerably different than the current situation. Everybody knows this, and the rest of this is just utter nonsense of splitting hairs. You know it too. They could hire MTs as statutory employees, which would at least have them paying their appropriate half of FICA. Over a period of just one year FICA adds up to be quite a bit of money. It's obvious to all of us that they are getting away with what really amounts to tax evasion.

Even when they hire as employees, what other area of employment has their most poorly paid employees pay their overhead? Oh yeah, I forgot, for the gift of working at home. I never worked as hard for any employer on site as I have at home.

Remember some of the companies provided the computers, etc. but leased them to the employees? Why are we not able to bill them for leasing our equipment? This is definitely having your cake and eating it too.

Have you no shame for defending this?

Similar Messages:

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Company?
Feb 19, 2013

Trying to find somewhere that pays good. Anyone working anywhere that they really like? What about the pay? ...

A GOOD Company.....
May 27, 2014

I'm ready for a change.  I've been with a company for 3 years, have been on upteen different accounts, and I just don't like them. Keeping up with all the extra things you have to do without pay has me soured.  I would love to find a good company and am looking for suggestions.  No IC.  I don't care if it's editing or typing.  Most of the company sites I go to want an app before I can get info.  I would really love a company that w ...

DSG - Are They A Good Company To Work For?
Jan 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  Are they a good company to work for? (Documentation Services Group)  DSG  Thanks ...

Keystrokes - They Are A Good Company Or Not?
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone know anything about Keystrokes whether they are a good company or not? ...

Keystrokes - A Good Company Gone Bad Sm
Apr 03, 2011

KS seems to be getting lower and lower in the popularity with emplooyees test. I worked for them once but left for the reasons everyone is talking about.  There was no communication. The owner was never truthful and everyone is afraid of her because of her horrible temper tantrums. The accounts are overstaffed - you might get put on another account but it will be overstaffed too. The only accounts that are not overstaffed are the terrible ones that no one wants to work on and it is imp ...

Medscribe Anything Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jan 18, 2012

Anyone know anything good or bad about this company?  Are they employee based only or do they hire IC? ...

IS THERE ANY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR??
Feb 29, 2012

I have been looking for a new company to switch to and I have been looking for some advice by posts in this forum; however, all I see are negative comments about various companies. Are there any good companies out there? I'm especially looking for one that has good pay, actually has a good QA/QC department who can actually speak the english language and competent supervisors. Please let me know!! ...

Can Someone Please Recommend A Good Company
Mar 02, 2012

Is Lofin A Good Company
Apr 17, 2012

Offered an IC position with IntelliType.  Don't know anyone who has worked for them.  Any comments? ...

A Good Company To Work For
May 11, 2012

Is there one single MT company that are looking to hire MTs that pay a decent wage and are good to their employees? I would like to find a job at a good company! ...

Any Good Company's Out There, Anyone Happy Where They Are?
May 23, 2012

I am unhappy and have been for quite awhile with the company I am with.  I am wondering if anyone has found any company they truly think are worth the effort of working for. I have over 20 years experience and I am not eager to jump from job to job, but it seems there are so many company's out there that are really, really bad.  Any input would be wonderful, I would like to find either PT or FT with my experience being mostly clinic setting but strong oncology, OB/GYN, urology, or ...

ImedX -- Good Company Or Not???
May 23, 2012

I have been offered a job with this company.  Does anybody know anything about them???  I have heard they are fairly OK to work for -- good platform and about average pay 8 cpl for straight type and 4 cpl for SR.   Anyway just wanting to hear from somebody who is currently working there.   thanks so much.  I appreciate your comments, good or bad.   ...

M*Modal - Anything Good To Say About This Company?
Jun 13, 2012

Anything good to say about this company?  They are advertising for acute care FT home based.  Anyone know the line rate?  I understand they pay Radiology reports by report, anyone know that rate?  Anyone been with them more than a year?  What about the sign on bonus?  Anyone ever receive that? ...

A GOOD Company To Work For?
Sep 12, 2012

I've been an IC for 8 years, and I want to make the switch to employee status (need medical insurance).  It seems that I have come across A LOT of negitivity about every company that I have considered applying for.  My question is, who is really happy with the company they work for?  ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Company That Uses InScribe?
Feb 25, 2013

Does anyone know of a good company that uses InScribe? Polite, decent people to work for/with are more important to me than high pay in a company.  Thank you.  As always, appreciate the good people here and helpful feedback.  ...

Good Company With Benefits For New MT
Jul 21, 2013

I am currently working at a hospital as a Lab Assistant in Pathology. My job has many different responsibilities, but majority is transcription – which I love! I am trying to decide if I want to try becoming an at home medical transcriptionist. This is a huge decision/risk for me as I have been in my current position since 1999. I used to love my job, but as the years have passed, I have found myself disgusted to go to work. This is due to changes in personnel and too many people not ...

TransTech- Good Company
Nov 19, 2013

I've been with TransTech for about 2 years, but I'm going to back to working with people now that I'm not having to deal with military moves anymore. I thought I'd pass along to the job hunters that TransTech is a good place- they pay on time, have a good work load consistently, and not too much ESL. It's not for you if you don't want to commit to 40 hours or work a few holidays, but it's an honest gig that you can make a living with. ...

Recommend A Good Company
Sep 17, 2014

Can someone recommend a good company to work for? Possibly someone that has benefits but not required.   Thanks! ...

Finding Out You're Not A Good Fit For The Company.
Nov 11, 2014

Has anyone ever went to work for a company and struggled?  I have tons of experience and done this kind of work for years, but I started with a particular company and seems I am making a ton of stupid mistakes.  This has EVEN HAPPENED WITH PROOFREADING the report once finished!!  I double-check myself only to see something ridiculous and can't believe I did that and know I proofread the document. The last time this happened to me was when I worked for a company that obviousl ...

Who's A Good Company To Work PT For?
Nov 24, 2014

I have a full-time job and am looking to work 8-15 hours a week for another company.  Any recommendations out there of who has current openings?  Most of what I'm seeing on the job boards is full-time.   ...

Keystrokes Good Company To Work For?
Jan 05, 2010

Can anyone tell me how Keystrokes pays and if they are a good company to work for? ...

Volunteer Transcription - Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jul 01, 2010

I have an opportunity to test and be hired by them but it seems it is taking them so long to get back to me for the next step.  Anyone else having this trouble.  Anyone know anything good or bad about this company? ...

Keystrokes - Good Company To Work For?
Mar 16, 2011

Can anyone tell me if this is a good company to work for ...

ETransPlus - Any Info On This Company, Good Or Bad?
Mar 24, 2011

Does anyone have any info on this company, good or bad? ...

Transportal Good Company To Work For?
Jul 25, 2011

Does anyone know if this is a good company to work for? ...

Is FutureNet A Good Company To Work For?
May 31, 2012

Is FutureNet a good company to work for? Do they have benefits and pay rate? ...

Good Part-time Company?
Aug 30, 2012

I need supplemental income and am looking for a companyto work as an IC.  I am not overly concerned about running out of work, as I just want supplemental income.  Does anyone know a company that it is easy to get started, no long drawn out hiring process with IC work that is maybe overflow or something along those lines or am I just dreaming?  TIA. ...

InScribe - Good Company To Work For?
Feb 11, 2013

How is Inscribe as an employer? ...

I Really Want To Give Up On Finding A Good Company
Jun 05, 2013

but I can't.  I have to find an at-home job.  I have tried house cleaning, but no one around needs a cleaning lady (very small town).  I have a disabled son that I just cannot leave with anyone else.  It HAS to be me or he has super fits.  I guess I am just venting:(  Just so sad what this has come down to:( ...