A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

General complaint - Another MT

Posted: Mar 30, 2011

Hi everyone:)  This is not a good night for me; I have been getting very bad dictators lately, my reports are so short, less than 2 minutes apiece, and I haven't gotten anything decent to speak of, and I am about to throw in the towel with this company.  It seems that since I have gone part time this has been happening a lot.  I am pushing just to get my required line count in, and with jobs like this it is hard to do.  My pay is going down, down, down, and I feel really demeaned in what I am doing.  I know the company is advertising for MTs, and they have already hired a lot of new MTs, and I am wondering what types of reports they are getting.  I give 100% in what I do, and notice that when they overhire that the work on our regular accounts seems to diminish and there are "left overs."  Has anyone noticed this.  Well, thanks for taking the time to read this.   

hang in there - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be just a bad time of year, I know it's spring break for a lot of people and the docs take them, too!

leftovers - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I do know at my company when you are going to do OT they would ask if there are any dictators you don't do or any certain work types. On those days if you get on to help out you can bet it will be 100% crapola. I think they may not want to give the really bad stuff to new employees if they are in a time crunch because you know they are likely to take forever, leave numerous blanks and then still send it to QA. JMO

Similar Messages:

Fox/general Transcriptionists (general Question)
Aug 17, 2012

If you do general transcription, can you recommend a good (free or low cost) transcription program for audio files?  I tried InqScribe and it works okay, but I don't like that they make you use their built-in word processing program that doesn't have any text expanders. I use Express Scribe.  Do they have a way to transcribe videos?  (I think it has something called Prism video, but I never figured out how to use it).  Thanks. ...

My #1 Complaint
Jan 05, 2012

Why oh why do so many companies use those lame boxes for you to copy and paste your resume into? My perfectly formatted, beautiful document gets all messed up when pasted into their boxes!!  And fixing the new tabbing, etc. "errors" takes forever!!!! Rant over. ...

Complaint Board
Jul 02, 2010

Just a suggestion but if there are so many people with complaints about companies or their MT careers, etc., instead of getting "bashed," deleted, or otherwise, why not make a forum just for complaints and opinions and leave the other boards to more respectful and intelligent conversations.  Let's see if what I just posted doesn't prove my point. ...

Has Anyone Had To Make A Complaint To The
Oct 05, 2010

before? I have a major issue with my pay and have gone around and around with my company (LARGE MTSO) for a week now and keep getting excuse after excuse.  If the problem is not rectified by 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, I plan to file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever done this and what the process is like?  I'm wondering if I do this, if I should expect to "suddenly" lose my job afterwards? I'm just sick and tired of having incorr ...

Okay, I Have An OTI Complaint, And I Do Think It's Legit!
Jun 10, 2013

I think the email we got from L. yesterday (on a Sunday!) was really overboard.  She said the were " tired " of work being out of TAT on the weekends.  Weill, I'm tired of there not being any work on the weekdays.  I happen to use Sunday as my day of rest and time with my family, and I truly resent being bawled out for not working on Sunday.  I work the other six days and have a life on Sundays outside of OTI.  I am so sick of being treated like a second ...

Another FIESA Complaint
Dec 19, 2013

Has anyone ever asked to not have their work reviewed by a certain reviewer? I keep getting work back from this one particular person where they remove what I transcribed and put a blank in its place. I made the effort to send in a report with no blanks and they take out what I transcribed??!! I am having a real problem with this person doing QA on my work. Is there anything that can be done about this? ...

AGE DISCRIMINATION Complaint
Feb 22, 2015

Has anyone reading this ever filed an age discrimination complaint? I have never felt my age was an issue before this current situation, but now have the feeling that it is, at least for possible employers. Recently, I was offered an IC position. I completed the required IC paperwork and submitted it. After that I never heard another word from the intake person or the two people I was supposed to be working with to get set up to be an IC for this company. I emailed the intake person and one ...

Period After Chief Complaint
Oct 27, 2010

Are the current guidelines to put a period (.) after incomplete sentences, such as in Chief Complaint of Assessment/Plan in an H&P, Op Report, etc?   Thanks - Gail ...

Chief Complaint Dystonia S/l Low-ens
Mar 29, 2011

This is in the chief complaint. When doc mentions later, she just says dystonia in bilateral lower extremities. ...

My Biggest Complaint Is That Every Time I Get
May 16, 2014

a long report (which happens too often), my screen freezes.  ...

Complaint About Doctors And Accuracy
Jan 19, 2015

One of the biggest complaints I have is when the doctor doesn't spell the patient's name. I mean I cannot know how to spell all foreign names nor can I tell if it is a male or female. Another one is when doctors do not spell carbon copy doctors' names nor sometimes even say where they are from. If they want those things to be accurate, then dictate it that way PLEASE. ...

H&P With Chief Complaint Of Respiratory Distress
Jan 17, 2010

Plan: Admit to medical center for stabilization and evaluation.  Oxygen 2L per nasal cannula.  Theo-Dur 200 mg p.o. q. 12h to begin with.  Lasix 40 mg IV now and 40 mg p.o. b.i.d.  This is where I need help........... Digitalize, replace potassium.  Should there be a comma after Digitalize or a colon?  Thanks in advance ...

How Do I Go About Filing A Labor Relations Complaint?
Aug 06, 2010

I am supposed to be an IC, and according to the IRS definition and 20-factor test, I am being treated as an employee with each day bringing new employee guidelines into play.  How do I file a complaint and be allowed compensation and benefits as an employee?  This company is just worming their way around paying benefits and downtime compensation to employees by stating they are ICs.     ...

Complaint - Companies With Online Applications.
Dec 17, 2010

I just cannot bring myself to spend hours filling out an online application when they already have my resume which has ALL of that pertinent information on it! I also cannot see spending considerable time filling out an online application, then waiting to see IF they respond to me, then IF they do respond with an offer to test, going through the testing to get an offer I can't accept. The online apps, though, are the #1 issue for me.  It is insane.  Through complaining.  T ...

Filed A Remedy Complaint About The New Spellcheck
Dec 22, 2014

First tech wanted to go over with me how to actually do it. I told Sanjeep no thanks I already took the tutorial, I know how to do it, I was just filing a complaint that the new spellcheck is time consuming and redundant and costing me money. Why must I hit spell check minimum of 2 times for each report and why must it stop on every mandatory heading with no way to bypass them? Why does it spellcheck the entire report twice when you try to split a job? Why did they decide to use Shift-Alt fo ...

I Downloaded The Labor Standards Complaint Form
Apr 05, 2012

For the great State of Wisconsin (as they say). All that free data entry we do, headers and so on - yeah, I'm gonna put a price on all that.  Go ahead and tell me, State of Wisconsin, that in the great United States of America, workers can be expected to DONATE their time and effort to a company, and it's A-OK.  Go ahead, tell me that - so I can add it into my video. ...

General
Nov 19, 2009

I am getting to the point where the "cutthroat"  on this forum is turning my stomach -- for one thing, we have "sheep mentality" with MTs today  -- WONDERFUL company "hence all will folllolw"  -- then when no work is available they all wonder why  - the NEXT big question will be is "why do I have to wolrk T-day or Xmas or geez didnt get a gift?  -- I have a gift of a job  - as an IC who works her rear off  -- work has been slow, but we got an email to that effe ...

General Word
Oct 14, 2009

He has been trying to find the most s/l ADVENTATIVE TIME to use his inhaler. ...

General Observations
Jan 18, 2010

I have been reading the messages in this forum regularly for the past few days and weeks.  I am shocked at the number of unhappy people in our profession.  If you hate your jobs so much, apply for a student loan and go back to school, it will create jobs for the ones who want to transcribe and can't find them now.  I've been at my current MT job for 16 years and have worked on-site and at home, I am paid very well for what I do.  If I bitched to my boss every t ...

General Question - Need Help Please (sm)
Mar 30, 2010

sorry if I'm posting this on wrong board but thought maybe fellow MQers could help me. Anyway, is there a big difference between DSL/Cable versus a high speed wireless card?  Would an employer even know which method of connecting you were using? TIA very much if you can shed some light on this for me. ...

General Rant
Jan 11, 2011

Have you ever noticed than when a dictator tries to adopt a "conversational" style of dictating, that it is very hard to try and figure out what's being said?  They start and stop several times so that you can't remember what the original line of dictation was, plus they add "you know" every other sentence.  I DON'T KNOW!!!!!  My account is a verbatim one and so I figure out as near as I can what he's saying and then send it through.  ...

General Transcription, IC
Feb 14, 2011

I was contacted today with a potential offer to transcribe general work as an IC.  I have yet to find out out if they pay by the hour or line, their definition of a line, etc.  This is a new concept for me as I've always been a hospital employee.  While surfing posts on this board I learned that I have the power to define my pay and hours, but I would appreciate it if someone could shed more light on transcribing in that aspect.  I would mainly l ...

Anyone Ever Try General Transcription?
Jul 11, 2011

Was it an easy transition to make?  ...

General Audio At 6 Cpl?
Dec 19, 2011

Offered 6 cpl (65-char) for general audio (movies and television shows).  Is this good or bad?  I thought audio transcription was usually paid per audio hour.  I've only done MT for 20+ years, so this is new to me.   Thanks for any input/advice!   ...

Anyone Been Doing General Transcription For A While?
Jul 18, 2012

Anyone been doing general transcription for a while? How long should 30 minutes of audio (interviewer and Interviewee) with time stamps take? I am getting $22.50 for 30 minutes of audio, but it is taking me hours, upon hours to do and then I have to re-listing and edit it. Not sure if this job is worth it. Need some feedback. Thanks ...

General UE Question.
May 21, 2013

I'm considering a job through a government entity--a county health department.  Does anyone here know if one gets laid off from a government job if they can file for unemployment, or are gov't entities exempt from that?  I had an interview, and they offered up-front that their intention is that the job is permanent, but, of course, they couldn't guarantee against future cut-backs.  This made me start to wonder, with all the budget woes in the gov't arena....wou ...

General Question About Being An MT . . .
May 15, 2014

Does anybody notice after sitting and typing for so long that your legs and behind hurt?  I've done this job for over 10 years, and I've never noticed it.  I wonder if it's my chair. ...

General Transcription?
Jan 09, 2015

I gave up on MT as a career and am working in a different industry.  I've always loved transcribing and writing and I really miss it.  I googled "transcription jobs online" and was surprised at the number of sites that came up.  Some were non-medical, some were both.  I haven't explored them in depth yet.  Just wondering if anyone has gone this route and had any success?  Any good or bad names to share?  Feel free to PM me if they can't be mentio ...

Who Does General Transcription?
Feb 21, 2015

A few here have mentioned doing some general transcription gigs. Can you share any names of online companies?  I've read some favorable reviews on Tigerfish.  Anyone worked for them?  I looked into Elance once but wasn't impressed.  I believe they merged with Odesk?  ...

General Transcription
Jun 03, 2015

Just took a general transcription test.  Took me forever... Does anyone know what a good rate of reimbursement is per minute for those?  I know $1 a minute was what MTs  used to get.  ...