A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another FIESA complaint - sm

Posted: Dec 19, 2013

Has anyone ever asked to not have their work reviewed by a certain reviewer? I keep getting work back from this one particular person where they remove what I transcribed and put a blank in its place. I made the effort to send in a report with no blanks and they take out what I transcribed??!! I am having a real problem with this person doing QA on my work. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I just recently started having the SAME problem....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
And every single one of the reports reviewed were done as post-audit QA by an offshore reviewer... Go figure! He or she couldn't "hear" whatever I put in and took out the transcribed text and made it a blank, MULTIPLE TIMES in one report. Then, the very same reviewer did the very same thing to several more reports over the following week.

I can't even begin to express how much it pisses me off that someone overseas is altering my work and putting blanks all over in it because they're either seriously incompetent and/or extremely inexperienced in medical transcription...probably both! I have 16+ years of transcription experience and have been on the same account, same dictators for more than 4 years now... I think I'd know what they are dictating by now! This particular QA person, though, doesn't have a clue and is obviously a newbie because he/she has blanked stuff in my reports that even a fairly new MT would know if they were taught/trained by a reputable school/mentor...

Goes without saying that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in this company!

That is exactly what I am - going through

[ In Reply To ..]
This person takes out what I put in and marks it "unclear." Well, it was clear to me or I wouldn't have put it in there! I am noticing that the same 2 people are doing my QA which makes me think we are in their "pool." It is such a slap in the face to have India doing our QA. This person is really going to affect my paycheck and I am really close to leaving this place.

No, and you will probably be seeing - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
that reviewer more and more if you complain. I remember one in particular, lucky little duck got weekends off too because I never saw her/him review anything on a Saturday or Sunday. If you complain, they'll probably turn out to be your sole reviewer. Just let it ride. You have to, if you want to stay sane AND continue to work for this place. PS: I tried to take my own advice, but I couldn't which is why I'm not working for Nuisance anymore.

Similar Messages:

My #1 Complaint
Jan 05, 2012

Why oh why do so many companies use those lame boxes for you to copy and paste your resume into? My perfectly formatted, beautiful document gets all messed up when pasted into their boxes!!  And fixing the new tabbing, etc. "errors" takes forever!!!! Rant over. ...

Complaint Board
Jul 02, 2010

Just a suggestion but if there are so many people with complaints about companies or their MT careers, etc., instead of getting "bashed," deleted, or otherwise, why not make a forum just for complaints and opinions and leave the other boards to more respectful and intelligent conversations.  Let's see if what I just posted doesn't prove my point. ...

Has Anyone Had To Make A Complaint To The
Oct 05, 2010

before? I have a major issue with my pay and have gone around and around with my company (LARGE MTSO) for a week now and keep getting excuse after excuse.  If the problem is not rectified by 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, I plan to file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever done this and what the process is like?  I'm wondering if I do this, if I should expect to "suddenly" lose my job afterwards? I'm just sick and tired of having incorr ...

General Complaint
Mar 30, 2011

Hi everyone:)  This is not a good night for me; I have been getting very bad dictators lately, my reports are so short, less than 2 minutes apiece, and I haven't gotten anything decent to speak of, and I am about to throw in the towel with this company.  It seems that since I have gone part time this has been happening a lot.  I am pushing just to get my required line count in, and with jobs like this it is hard to do.  My pay is going down, down, down, and I feel r ...

Okay, I Have An OTI Complaint, And I Do Think It's Legit!
Jun 10, 2013

I think the email we got from L. yesterday (on a Sunday!) was really overboard.  She said the were " tired " of work being out of TAT on the weekends.  Weill, I'm tired of there not being any work on the weekdays.  I happen to use Sunday as my day of rest and time with my family, and I truly resent being bawled out for not working on Sunday.  I work the other six days and have a life on Sundays outside of OTI.  I am so sick of being treated like a second ...

AGE DISCRIMINATION Complaint
Feb 22, 2015

Has anyone reading this ever filed an age discrimination complaint? I have never felt my age was an issue before this current situation, but now have the feeling that it is, at least for possible employers. Recently, I was offered an IC position. I completed the required IC paperwork and submitted it. After that I never heard another word from the intake person or the two people I was supposed to be working with to get set up to be an IC for this company. I emailed the intake person and one ...

Period After Chief Complaint
Oct 27, 2010

Are the current guidelines to put a period (.) after incomplete sentences, such as in Chief Complaint of Assessment/Plan in an H&P, Op Report, etc?   Thanks - Gail ...

Chief Complaint Dystonia S/l Low-ens
Mar 29, 2011

This is in the chief complaint. When doc mentions later, she just says dystonia in bilateral lower extremities. ...

My Biggest Complaint Is That Every Time I Get
May 16, 2014

a long report (which happens too often), my screen freezes.  ...

Complaint About Doctors And Accuracy
Jan 19, 2015

One of the biggest complaints I have is when the doctor doesn't spell the patient's name. I mean I cannot know how to spell all foreign names nor can I tell if it is a male or female. Another one is when doctors do not spell carbon copy doctors' names nor sometimes even say where they are from. If they want those things to be accurate, then dictate it that way PLEASE. ...

H&P With Chief Complaint Of Respiratory Distress
Jan 17, 2010

Plan: Admit to medical center for stabilization and evaluation.  Oxygen 2L per nasal cannula.  Theo-Dur 200 mg p.o. q. 12h to begin with.  Lasix 40 mg IV now and 40 mg p.o. b.i.d.  This is where I need help........... Digitalize, replace potassium.  Should there be a comma after Digitalize or a colon?  Thanks in advance ...

How Do I Go About Filing A Labor Relations Complaint?
Aug 06, 2010

I am supposed to be an IC, and according to the IRS definition and 20-factor test, I am being treated as an employee with each day bringing new employee guidelines into play.  How do I file a complaint and be allowed compensation and benefits as an employee?  This company is just worming their way around paying benefits and downtime compensation to employees by stating they are ICs.     ...

Complaint - Companies With Online Applications.
Dec 17, 2010

I just cannot bring myself to spend hours filling out an online application when they already have my resume which has ALL of that pertinent information on it! I also cannot see spending considerable time filling out an online application, then waiting to see IF they respond to me, then IF they do respond with an offer to test, going through the testing to get an offer I can't accept. The online apps, though, are the #1 issue for me.  It is insane.  Through complaining.  T ...

Filed A Remedy Complaint About The New Spellcheck
Dec 22, 2014

First tech wanted to go over with me how to actually do it. I told Sanjeep no thanks I already took the tutorial, I know how to do it, I was just filing a complaint that the new spellcheck is time consuming and redundant and costing me money. Why must I hit spell check minimum of 2 times for each report and why must it stop on every mandatory heading with no way to bypass them? Why does it spellcheck the entire report twice when you try to split a job? Why did they decide to use Shift-Alt fo ...

I Downloaded The Labor Standards Complaint Form
Apr 05, 2012

For the great State of Wisconsin (as they say). All that free data entry we do, headers and so on - yeah, I'm gonna put a price on all that.  Go ahead and tell me, State of Wisconsin, that in the great United States of America, workers can be expected to DONATE their time and effort to a company, and it's A-OK.  Go ahead, tell me that - so I can add it into my video. ...

I Don't Know Who Keeps Starting These Oracle "complaint Threads" (see Message)
Mar 09, 2011

but I have been with OTI for MANY years and I have VERY SELDOM run out of work. If I got low on work, I'd ask for a backup account and usually got one. They don't bother me while I'm working unless they call to ask me to do a stat. Perhaps they have "favorites," but I'm not one of them, I can assure you. I don't understand, if you are so unhappy with Oracle, why you don't just LEAVE? I'll probably get a bunch of flack from this post, but I'm sick an ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...