A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2 finger upper extremity support? Ortho - h

Posted: Jul 21, 2012

Patient did use 2 finger upper extremity support but showed good control. This indicates normal eccentric strength for descending stairs. This is for knee pain. Has anyone heard of this before?

2 finger upper extremity support - recentlyoutsourced

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they are referring to the patient only using 2 fingers for support on a handrail or something, or hand bar during rehab? Just a thought.

that is correct. thank you! - h

[ In Reply To ..]
That is correct. That's what they were doing.

Similar Messages:

Left Upper Extremity Was Prepped With S/l Prevail
Apr 03, 2013

and then draped in a sterile fashion. S/L either prevail, prebale, etc.  Thanks! ...

Upper And Lower Extremity Exam-sounds Like "crunch" Test?
Dec 12, 2009

upper and lower extremity exam-sounds like "crunch" test? ...

Ortho Physical Question On Extremity Exam
Aug 18, 2010

Apprehension on patellar tracking with increased Q-angle, positive ____ and crepitus and positive grind test.    s/l chase sign or just chase    Thank you for any help. ...

Finger Injury - Ortho Word Help, Please
Jun 15, 2010

Pt has injured her right index finger and doctor dictates the following:  I feel that both s/l EC and EIP are intact today on my exam.  I cannot find reference to the EC and possibly the EIP.  THANKS for any and all help!!! ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

S/l Line Of The Finger Or Lamina Finger?
Oct 19, 2009

The line of the finger is great. Motion is satisfactory. Strength is limited. ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

"dys*something*" During Finger-to-finger Touching
Jun 06, 2011

This is a physical therapy evaluation.  The audio goes out so all I can hear is the first syllable "dys": "The patient has no dys*something* during finger-to-finger touching." I am totally drawing a blank.  What could this be?  Thanks! ...

Extremity Or Extremities
Apr 18, 2012

Which is correct?   Has bilateral lower extremity edema. Has bilateral lower extremities edema.   Thanks! ...

Lower Extremity Examination
Jan 08, 2010

The lower extremities show marked peripheral varicosities.  There are also some excoriated lesions of the lower extremities with some mild scarring secondary to __s/l "thorabnitis". Any ideas?  This M.D. has a tendency to make up words, so he could be saying something totally different than how it sounds. Thanks  ...

Pediatric Extremity Exam
Aug 10, 2013

Lower extremity exam of 4-year-old with cerebral palsy.  "Negative Thomas. Negative s/l collie-azi". Thanks for any help ...

Duplex Lower Extremity Bilateral?
Nov 27, 2009

Does anyone know if this is suppose to read "duplex lower extremity bilateral?" ...

Lower Extremity Exam- Digital Hair?
Feb 25, 2011

Is there a type of lower extremity exam that would be done called digital hair?  It s/l hair! DP and PT pulses are palpable bilateral.  Positive digital (hair) bilateral.  There are no lesions or lacerations noted bilateral.  Normal skin color, texture, and turgor bilateral.  It's an exam for a bunion deformity. Thanks. ...

Upper GI Or Upper GI
Feb 23, 2010

On "upper GI"  -  do you capitalize "upper" or not? Thanks. ...

Exam Of The Lower Extremity Reveals S/l Fry-berg Deformity
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Upper Arm Question
Sep 23, 2010

Doc dictates re: pt with left upper swelling.  It s/l he is saying "left arc bursitis/fluid admission in the left arc bursa". (I'm sure it's not admission). ??   ...

Upper Management
Mar 28, 2013

Nuance has just had a MAJOR announcement!  They are making changes to upper management AGAIN.  It is no wonder we get paid crap.  Look at their structure and they have WAY too many people in this establishment and all making way more than we do and we are the ones that do the work.  Heck, they probably do not even know how to do transcription I bet.  Greed, greed, greed.  And I could care less about it.  Give me the pay I am worth.  They want better qualit ...

Question For The Upper Echelons
Jun 30, 2010

I know we've got some management that read the board and occasionally respond, and I just wondered if one could answer a question for me.  Having been in the healthcare field for about 40 years, I understand that it is a 365/24/7 industry.  But I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of everyone working either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday.      Why can you not have rotating weekends?  Then an MT could have entire weekends ...

Red Box With Number In It, Upper Right Corner
Feb 03, 2014

What is it?  I noticed from time to time I'll get a report with that red box with a #1 in it and wonder what it's supposed to mean. ...

Right Shoulder/Upper Arm Ache
Jun 24, 2014

I've heard about getting carpal tunnel syndrome if you type a lot, but I've not experienced anything at all like that, at least no so far. However, recently I've started feeling some shoulder and upper arm area ache, not really pain, but just some localized yet diffuse ache in the upper part of my right upper extremity. (I'm starting to talk like a physician.) Anybody else experience this before? I should get back into yoga. ...

D3 (?) Trigger Finger
Nov 16, 2009

What does the D3 stand for?  Is it distal third?  Thanks!!! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

Finger Into Ileostomy?
Sep 15, 2011

Would a physician insert a finger into an ileostomy to check for problems, or is there some tool that sounds like finger/feeger? Context:  The patient's ileostomy demonstrates minimal output. I did insert a [s/l finger/feeger] to see if there was evidence of continued problems there, and there is a very tight opening through the fascia... ...

Crooked Finger
Feb 04, 2013

Has this happened to anyone else?  My right index finger (the one that operates the arrow keys to navigate the cursor when editing) has become definitely crooked (pointing off to the left).  It doesn't hurt at all.  The left index finger is totally straight and normal.  When I look at it while striking my arrow keys, I can see I'm directing it that way.  It's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this.  Anybody else?  (I'm def ...

Upper Endoscopy Word S/l Billa
Nov 17, 2010

Stomach _________ was remarkable only for some minimal suggestion of antral gastritis with hyperemia and focal hypervascularity. He speaks perfectly clear English, so it's not the b/v switcheroo.  I've had no luck in word books, anatomy books, or Google. ...

Upper Endoscopy - Surgical Lumen?
Mar 16, 2011

We also proceeded with an upper endoscopy as well.  Upper endoscopy showed that her gastric remnant only had mild nonspecific erythema.  I explored the surgical (lumen) and found that this was completely normal. FYI- The pt also has a history of gastric resection and a known surgical anastomosis, but the word in question is not anastomosis. It s/l lumen or limb or lamen. Any ideas? Thanks.  ...

Letter To Upper Management At Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

I don't understand why you continue to "wing it" with a company the size of Imedx.  Regarding the recent unveiling of the time clock system in Exponent HR, you jumped the gun without thinking through much of anything.  Why not wait until your ducks are in a row before implementing a new system.  The training meetings were great, but there were/are so many unaswered very basic, practical questions that are unanswered.  It is like you guys set a date for something to go li ...

Scrotal Support S/l Support "T"
Feb 13, 2012

For surgical scrotal support, doctor says " a scrotal supportee was left in place."  I have googled this, looked in Stedmans GI/GU, surgical and equipment books.  Cannot find.    I would like to think scrotal supporting, but she definitely says "a".  Has anyone heard of this? Thanks.  ...