A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

There is generalized swelling over the dorsal and lateral aspect of the finger - cs

Posted: Jan 09, 2012

extending from the distal phalanx just proximal to the eponychial fold region into the area of the *mid middle phalanx*.

Does this look right?

Yes :) - Mrs. Pass

[ In Reply To ..]
it is correct but would sound better if the doc said midportion of middle phalanx...either way, it is correct :)

Similar Messages:

Thumb And Small Finger Pain And Swelling.
Apr 08, 2015

Curious if anyone else has started having base of thumb and small finger pain and swelling since doing ASR for the past many years? ...

Is There A Lateral Bending View Knee X-ray? "AP, Lateral, Sunrise
Feb 15, 2012

x ...

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

S/l Line Of The Finger Or Lamina Finger?
Oct 19, 2009

The line of the finger is great. Motion is satisfactory. Strength is limited. ...

Word Help: Type Of Swelling
Aug 05, 2010

Dermatologist says patient has "folliculitis type dermatitis.  He gets it on the hands, abdomen, even face hairs, and now he has one at left infraorbital area", then s/l  ferathemous or therathemus "swelling or pain".... I've been searching but haven't found the right word yet...anyone know what this is or can point me to a good place to look further? thanks, Cindy ...

MRI Results Of A Neck Swelling
Oct 15, 2010

Hi, The doctor is talking about a patient with a neck swelling and he says the following: "She had an MRI that showed what appeared to be a lymph node that was 2-cm in CRANIOCOLUMN and about 1-cm in AP dimension." It's the word in all caps that I'm having trouble with. The doctor was speaking clearly and not too fast, but I'm having difficulty figuring out what the word should be. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Amanda ...

S/l A *manna* Needle Was Used To Puncture The Lower Aspect Of The Access
Nov 07, 2011

Dorsal Lithtomy Versus Dorsolithotomy
Nov 16, 2009

I know that the accepted version of this is dorsal lithotomy, but why can't these be combined? I know they have been in the past, but this is no longer the case. Does anyone know the logic behind this? thanks! ...

Dorsolithotomy Or Dorsal Lithotomy?? Please Advise! Nm
Dec 31, 2009

x ...

Ortho Word - Possible Jarment (?) Of The Screw On The Medial Aspect Of Her Right Foot
May 03, 2011

Dictator says: "Possible jarment (?) of the screw on the medial aspect of her right foot." I heard "jarment" clear as day! ...

S/L Jobe's Boots To Reduce Swelling In Feet.
May 03, 2013

I have looked everywhere and am not finding this. Has anyone ever heard of these? I tried several different spelling and nothing is popping up. Thank you so much in advance. ...

The *flexiglade/flexiblade* Barrier Is Visible At The Dorsal Hand Area ....sm
Jul 05, 2011

status post undergoing application of external fixator and primary repair of his middle finger extensor tendon with placement of *flexiglade/flexiblade?* barrier for a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his hand.  The *plexiglade* barrier is visible at the dorsal hand area where there is a small open wound measuring 1 cm x 0.5 cm.  I sterilely prepped the wound area and debrided some of this *flexiglade* barrier material and loosely reapproximated the skin with 4-0 nylon suture.  &n ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

"dys*something*" During Finger-to-finger Touching
Jun 06, 2011

This is a physical therapy evaluation.  The audio goes out so all I can hear is the first syllable "dys": "The patient has no dys*something* during finger-to-finger touching." I am totally drawing a blank.  What could this be?  Thanks! ...

To Experienced MTs, The "work At Home" Aspect
Jan 10, 2010

To those who are satisfied living in poverty or chained to their home computers, then disregard this message.  This msg is directed at experienced MTs who don't think they can make a decent living at this anymore.  You can - the jobs are out there. I have a second interview scheduled for position as a senior MT for the prison healthcare system in my state.  I know I will ultimately get the job with all my experience, but even if I didn't, just wanted to let you all know ...

Dorsi Flexion Vs Dorsal Flexion Vs Dorsiflexion
Feb 03, 2014

No other text needed.   ...

D3 (?) Trigger Finger
Nov 16, 2009

What does the D3 stand for?  Is it distal third?  Thanks!!! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Where The Finger Should Point
Jul 20, 2011

So much ire and angst pointed at MTSOs.  I even read where the TAT is a marketing ploy :)   It helps to remember that we're all in the same boat and for the same reasons, to support ourselves. What so many of you don't seem to get is that the INSURANCE industry is dictating much of the TAT.  If reports aren't on a chart in xxx time then the facility/physician is dinged financially. If an MTSO doesn't meet TAT, they are dinged financially.  So they a ...

Finger Into Ileostomy?
Sep 15, 2011

Would a physician insert a finger into an ileostomy to check for problems, or is there some tool that sounds like finger/feeger? Context:  The patient's ileostomy demonstrates minimal output. I did insert a [s/l finger/feeger] to see if there was evidence of continued problems there, and there is a very tight opening through the fascia... ...

Crooked Finger
Feb 04, 2013

Has this happened to anyone else?  My right index finger (the one that operates the arrow keys to navigate the cursor when editing) has become definitely crooked (pointing off to the left).  It doesn't hurt at all.  The left index finger is totally straight and normal.  When I look at it while striking my arrow keys, I can see I'm directing it that way.  It's the only thing I can think of that could have caused this.  Anybody else?  (I'm def ...

RADIOLOGY: PA And Lateral Chest---NVM!!!!
Nov 19, 2009

Alone in-house today and need a little help. "There is a vague nodular density overlying the anterior first rib approximately 15 mm which suspect is a bone island.  The patient will be recalled for lordotic, reverse lordotic,  and infused cone of the apices." Not sure of the bolded part and even less sure about the word apices. Thanks! He repeated himself a little clearer later on in the dictation.  He said:  "The patient will be recalled for lordotic/reverse lordotic vie ...

Lateral Meniscus Had S/l Fishering
Jan 07, 2010

Rotator cuff repair.  The lateral meniscus had s/l fishering horizontally. ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Once Again MedQ Showing They Have Their Finger On
Mar 16, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me this monolithic company whose primary source of revenue is transcription has no clue in managing their most valuable commodity, the MTs!!!  E-time has proven disasterous in wrangling MTs to keep precise time schedules and produce..and now take away the mainstay of MTing for years..the incentive (which agreed, sucked anyway..).  WE ARE PRODUCTION EMPLOYEES!!!!  WE DO NOT GET PAID HOURLY OR SALARY!!  How do these Hahvad, Wharton School rejects not ge ...

Pt Is S/p Excision Of Mass From The Finger
Mar 29, 2010

Pt has numbness and decreased sensation to the right 3rd digit.  "We are ordering s/l senswine sign testing"   ?  TIA ...

Finger To Floor Distance?
Sep 24, 2010

can finger to floor distance be 0 cm?...doesnt that mean the pt can touch the floor...? ...

S/L RETNER Finger Test
Apr 06, 2011

ss ...

Chordae/chordee Of Finger
Apr 11, 2011

Okay, he says 4 times "chordee/chordae" but he is working on a finger, not a heart, ear or a penis. Any ideas? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...