A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Correcting typos - opinions/survey - sm - greenie

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

Just curious - do you all correct any typos AS you type or wait to do it/them at the end of the report?  I do mine as I type; just curious if others have a better way.

Also, each day have a different word that won't "TYPE" out right that day - today is  STONE....this is coming out SEONT...dyslexic today.  But each day it's a different word that just won't behave.  Always interesting to see what my fingers will pick each day.  Anyone else have this happen? 

Ok, survey over.  Back to work. 

During pauses in dictation, if I see them, I will - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
correct; however, I have the most common in my speed type/autocorrect file and they are corrected automatically.

Definitely correct as I listen using expander - (not automatic, just fast). SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Confirm correct patient at beginning, listen and correct once from beginning to end, send. Listening and then going back to correct would be an extremely slooow, dysfunctional way to do this work. Early on I worked alongside someone who just could not edit as she listened and really, really hope that nice gal moved on to some other line of work long ago.

My dyslexic moments frequently turn the word "this" - into a bad word! (MTWordz) -nm

[ In Reply To ..]

If I see them as it type, I can't let it go....sm - mthead

[ In Reply To ..]
...and I hate having to go b-b-b-back to fix things, it's a pain in the padiddle. It all together has improved my typing over the years...but I still make mistakes and I don't always trust my eye. So GOD BLESS THE SPELL-CHECK FAIRY that lives behind my screen!

oh yeah, I'm tired.

You waste time that you could be transcribing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
by going back in the report and correcting small typos that will be picked up on spellcheck, wasted time equals less production.

Similar Messages:

Word Expander + Typos
May 26, 2010

I am in need of a text expander that also corrects typographical errors (i.e., corrects teh to the and iwll to will).  I know there are several text expander programs out there, but also want one that will correct my typos. Any advice/help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!  ...

The Nuance Ad Is Riddled With Typos.
Sep 20, 2014

Double standard?  Do as I say, not as I do?    Practice what you preach!    ...

Do Multiple Typos Drive You Crazy And When Does It Stop Being A Typo
Feb 28, 2010

Just want to vent a little about how lazy I think people over the age of 18 have gotten regarding proper grammar and spelling.  I am not just talking about typos.  I know on MTStars we are not supposed to point out typos, but I was just struck with the question:  When does it stop being a typo and start being laziness and sloppiness, or maybe even uneducated?  I just received an Email from my 19-year-old granddaughter that was full of those abbreviations that everyone uses w ...

If Everybody Has Been Correcting The
Mar 11, 2015

garbled mess ASR puts to Eliquis, for example, for a couple of years now & it still hasn't "learned" the term, I have doubts it's set to learn at all.... seriously.... ...

Correcting Grammar
Feb 05, 2010

Do you correct the dictator's grammer? My 12 year old niece just recently corrected my mom when my mom said she was laying in bed.  Taylor went on to explain the difference between laying and lying.  I learned that in school but certainly had forgotten that rule. When the dictator says "The patient is laying in bed", do you correct it to lying?  Just curious.  I've had no complaints and I hate sending out dictation with grammatical errors.  ...

? About Spelling/correcting
Feb 21, 2010

Anyone ever had this happen? You spell something and you know it's right, plain and simple - however, the doctor corrects you on it, but its still wrong!! Do you spell it "wrong" -just for him only- to make him happy so he doesnt think you're not doing your job right or do you keep on spelling it "right", which he says is "wrong"?   ...

Correcting VR Question.
Jan 08, 2013

Does anybody happen to know if there's a best way to correct VR to hopefully have it actually "learn"?  For example, is it better to completely delete and reinsert the "respiratory" part in an error like "respiratory clear breath sounds" by using my expansion for the capped RESPIRATORY: heading, or would it supposedly learn better if I used case change and added the colon?  In other words, are corrections to existing text better or deletions/insertions instead? I don't ...

Correcting The Dictators
Jul 11, 2013

Just a small rant here.  WHY in the world do companies tell US, the MT to change this or that when the DOCTOR says it?  An example....VR work, hospital policy is dates in numeric, so doctor dictates June 22, VR types June 22, but we have to change this to 06/22.  Hospital says don't say patient names, but doctor dictates Mr. Smith, VR types Mr. Smith and WE have to change to "the patient".   I mean, wouldn't it be MUCH more simple to just TELL the doctors to say it ...

When Correcting The V-wreck
May 22, 2014

I can't help but think of my days and months of training and if I consistently put out work like I am correcting, I would have been fired in a New York minute!!!  Please don't post the normal you can get out, it's your fault for staying, blah, blah, blah.  I just wish someone would listen as to what a mess this is and the chances of mistakes getting through because there are so many corrections and words that are not even medical or consistent with the report.  Just ...

I Am So Sick Of Correcting > 50% Of MM ASR For 4 Cents.
Feb 17, 2013

. ...

I Feel Like I Am Correcting ILP Work.
May 12, 2015

MM ASR output looks just like ILP work. We really should be getting paid at least 2x to correct this junk. If they are indeed running ILP work through to "train" the program, send it to the ILP! ...

Correcting Spelling - Which Is More Time Efficient?
Nov 22, 2010

Fixing errors on the fly or letting them stay until you spellcheck the entire document?  If it's a they're/there/their type of error, obviously you have to fix it ASAP, but for the ones where your fingers just make a major flub that gets red lined, which do you find to be a better use of time?  I can't stand seeing all those red lines, so I almost always backspace and make the correction right away, but I'm wondering if that isn't more of a time waster than n ...

Please, MME, Use Your Brain When Correcting/filling In Blanks.
Dec 18, 2012

There has to be a fine line between vertabatim and what is transcribed. :- Blanks are sometimes left for a reason, and anyone with the knowledge they should have to do QA should know when the value and/or unit of measurement is impossible. The measurement unit the doctor dictated, probably by mistake, was impossible. If that value was so, that duct would have been half the height of the patient. Although, the doctor was ESL, so he may not have known the difference anyway. At least I know ...

Correcting Redundant Grammar And Dinged By QA
Aug 09, 2013

Okay, I just started working here and I've been trying to keep my reports perfect.  When a doctor says "past medical history," I've been just typing "medical history" because isn't past and history together being redundant?  I'm still on 100% QA and all my feedback has the "past" put back in.  I'm not on a verbatim account, so shouldn't me correcting this be okay?   ...

How Many Spend Considerable Time Correcting Demographic Errors?
Mar 21, 2013

I can't believe the number of errors entering the wrong demographics, apparently by the clients, that we have to research and clean up for zero pay! ...

OOW Survey
Feb 02, 2011

I am interested in learning how many currently practicing MTs struggle to get their lines in due to their being "no work available."  Do you find yourself out of work and having to try to make up lines outside your usual schedule? Only occasionally? Often? Every day? Seldom? Never happens?   Thanks everyone!Mary     Optional data: ...

Survey Says . . . .
Apr 03, 2011

to spell the abbreviation of subcutaneous?   is is subcu or subcut?  i have this argument every time with QA.  could i get someone to help me please?  thanks much in advance!!!!   ...

Oh Man... New Survey
Dec 05, 2011

If people were sincerely honest, it wouldnt change anything! ...

The Survey
Dec 06, 2011

Just read through the survey without answering the questions.  Waste of time!  No matter how many of us answer it and regardless of what we say, after it is all over they will tell us that MQ employees love the company.  This is just a way to try to placate us and make us think that our opinions count.  You can all take turns flogging me if I'm wrong. ...

My Take On The SURVEY.....
Dec 06, 2011

I am an MT who has been around for 14 years with this company and I have my gripes like all the rest of you.  I took the survey and stuck it to them when it mattered.  For example, when they ask if compensation encourages people to do their best, the obvious answer is "strongly disagree" right?  When they ask if compensation is clearly tied to performance....again "strongly disagree."  Whether our answers matter or not, it's our opportunity to vent our frustrations with ...

To Those Who Did Not Do The Survey
Dec 16, 2011

I had so much fun using words like despicable and abomination that I just couldn't help myself and filled it out 3 times.  I expect when all is said and done they will tell us that the vast majority of responses were positive and almost everyone loves the company but at least I had a few minutes of sheer enjoyment.  ...

Mq Survey
Dec 27, 2011

Wonder when we'll see the results of the survey!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Ya, right!  As if they would be truthful about it anyway! ...

And The SURVEY SAYS!
Sep 11, 2012

That the enhanced compensation is in place, we have been BOOSTED and we are one big happy globally rebranded party! Whoo-hoo! ...

And The Survey Says . . .
May 06, 2013

Like the opinion of a lowly MT/ME even matters. They are going to do what they want regardless of our "opinions." ...

Age Survey
Apr 01, 2014

But really,what hasn't?  Seeing lots of posts from 60+ and wonder what is the average age of MTs.  I will go first - age 61.   ...

Survey Of New Pay
Feb 02, 2015

Before the new pay rule game, I made 7.5 cents (3.75 cents for editing). Then when this new pay game started, I made less at 7 cents. However, I find lately I've been actually making noticeably more money with this pay game. You just got to keep quality and pending to QC under control. In fact, I think I now make a few hundred dollars more per month, if I keep it up, keeping quality up and QC pending down. I know some of you were actually paid 8 cents (4 cents for editing), so there is ...

Did Anyone Take The Survey?
May 15, 2015

Just curious. I'm about to unload on it, but wondered if anyone else did?? ...

Survey
Jun 06, 2015

For those who are comfortable sharing this info, what is the pay rate for VR (as opposed to straight typing) and what is the average amount of lines one can cover in an hour at MModal?  Thanks for your help. ...

Survey - How Many MTs Really Need Their Jobs
Jan 21, 2010

Question:  How many MTs really need their jobs and how many just do it for a little bit of extra pocket $$$ (have someone else  in the family who  is the main breadwinner)?  ...

MQ Central Survey And CMT
Mar 29, 2010

I wonder if we're all going to be forced to become CMTs?  That would be a great way to get rid of a lot of us. ...