A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know salary for in house pathology transcriptionist for So. Calif. TIA nm? - Choctaw

Posted: Dec 30, 2010

nm

$20/$25 hr > 5 years exp. -nm - usual

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that's it. I'm moving to So.Cal. (nm) - anonaMe

[ In Reply To ..]

Yeah, but rent is $2500 for a small 2-bdrm. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

not to mention the fact......sm - usual

[ In Reply To ..]
That there are virtually no jobs available in So. Cal. I have seen 3 positions in the past year for a pathology transcriptionist and two of them were per diem positions.

Cali has one of the highest UE rates in the country. The rent post is not far off either.

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcriptionist Salary
Nov 12, 2014

I am not trying to sound discouraging, but when do I get this supposed 34,020 salary that it says on BLS website MTs are suppose to make. I graduated from my training in 2009 and have worked for 2 companies, niether of which has offered me anything close to that, and where do they get the $16.34 per hour figure from anyway? ...

Salary For Experiened Rad Transcriptionist
Apr 13, 2015

What do you feel is a "fair" salary for a Radiology transcriptionist that has at least 10 years experience? ...

Globespan In Calif. Wants IC At 5cpl. Who Can Live In Calif On That?
Feb 01, 2013

Oh, they don't outsource!  You also have to have your own computer, foot pedal and Express Scribe program...oh, they will send and receive.  Is prostitution legal in California..don't know all the laws from state-to-state.  Better Google that. ...

Pathology Transcriptionist Take On Matters
Dec 07, 2011

Is gross pathology transcription considered too advanced for a newbie?  Interviewer wants me to have updated immunizations (would need at least 4 shots!) and I would need to schedule a physical (usually takes months w/my doc) and I don't know if it is worth it.  HR went dead silent when answered I have never done pathology transcription (not encouraging) and my gut reaction from the phone conversation was that I would not be a top candidate.  Of course, then there ...

Informatics Salary Versus Coder Salary
Jan 15, 2013

Hello Everybody.  First, let me say I have gotten a lot of good advice from this board in the past few years.  I have been encouraged to go back to school, am currently enrolled in Andrews for coding, and am looking to the future to obtain a degree to further advance myself in the field. I am very strongly considering WGU's Informatics course. I think this will be a good fit for me, especially considering this program also includes many IT certifications and I have always been ...

Looking For MTs From Fresno, Calif
Mar 16, 2015

In 1980s and 1990s I worked in Fresno with MTs whom I have been searching for.  Cannot find them maybe due to name change but if you worked in medical records at St Agnes during 1980s and 1990s (acute care) under supervisor with first name that starts with an "R", please contact me.  We worked well together and I am looking for MTs in acute care right now for contract which requires direct referrals.     ...

Calif Transcription Riverside, CA- Any Info On This Company? Are They Hiring? TIA
Dec 07, 2009

nm ...

In-house Job
Oct 14, 2010

I applied for an in-house transcription job in August back at my old pre-MQ hospital.  They decided the work load was too light (they had lost Radiology) and we not going to fill it at that time.  Another position has been vacated and I got a call from a friend that they are definitely filling it this time.  There were only 2 qualified applicants in August.  I am hoping the other person found something great already.  I have my fingers crossed, am nervous, and need ...

In-house Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

I really have no idea if this is fair compensation or not, but I am looking at a job that is an in-house MT job, a 45-minute one-way commute, with full benefits, and the pay is 0.075 cpl.  The job will not come home, and the pay will only increase every year. Any opinions? ...

Does VR Get Better If Kept In-house?
May 16, 2012

Have any of your hospitals purchased a Nuance VR product that they've used for their in-house transcriptionists?  If so, does the VR quality get better and better since you have a limited number of MTs doing the editing?   It's not my hospital but one I know of that's starting with this new product, so I'm not sure of the exact product name.  I've worked for a huge MTSO where the VR never, ever improved in the 9 months I used it; but with soooo many MTs m ...

Anyone On Salary?
Jun 18, 2010

Just wondering if there is anyone who works from home and gets paid a salary from where they work? Basically, on their payrole and receive benefits and the same amount of money each week no matter how much or little work you have? ...

Salary Cut
Jul 11, 2011

I for one am going to check into partial unemployment, I guess they will pay me more either way.  I am really going to take a hit. ...

Salary
Aug 03, 2011

On my way out the door to interview for an in-house MT position. Is it appropriate to ask the person what the salary is for a hourly position? I have been told, you ask and you won't get the job for sure...Not sure how I feel about it or whether I should ask? I really need this job and don't want to blow it. Any advice is appreciated. ...

QA Salary
Aug 11, 2011

Hello,  I would like to know how much people are making for QA?   ...

IN-HOUSE RATE
Mar 25, 2010

Have not worked in-house in over 10 years.  What is the ongoing rate for in-house transcriptionist in California. ...

In-house Postings
Aug 06, 2010

I wonder why companies post on internet job sites for in-house employees?  Why don't they just advertise locally in their community paper, etc. ...

Transcription House
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone know good or bad about Transcription House ? ...

In-house Job Not So Secure
Aug 23, 2010

My job could be in jeopardy because we might be merging with another clinic, and there are no other local in-house MT openings. I've been working in a specialty clinic (in-house) the past 5-1/2 years. Even though I have 5 years of acute care/radiology experience and 1 year of multi-specialty clinic, and even though I took the M-TEC course and graduated with 98% about 3 years ago, it doesn't matter because I don't have recent acute care experience. Okay, I can unders ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...

What Do In-house MTs Make?
Sep 09, 2011

Hi!  I was wondering if anyone knew what the going rate for a MT is in house (central KY)?  Do they get paid btl or hourly?     ...

House Of The Kidney?
Dec 05, 2011

This is a kidney transplant report, and the doc says: "A 6 x 12 double-J stent was placed within the ureter up into the (s/)l house of the kidney."  I looked up this term, but I can't find it with Google.  Any suggestions? Thanks! :) ...

Got An In-house Interview!
Jan 05, 2013

It's for third shift, which doesn't excite me, but from the second Nuance gave me a Christmas 25% pay cut I've been scouring jobs of all shapes and sizes. Imagine my surprise when I found an in-house job advertised looking for a CMT only. I really hope I get it so I can give Nuance the finger, which they will probably be glad about so they can give what little work I have left to India. I've been through several mergers and it's been relatively painless until the latest ...

Anyone In Houston Need F/T In-house? (sm)
Feb 22, 2014

MD Anderson Cancer Care in Houston, TX has an opening for MT F/T IN-HOUSE, with salary $39,500 to $47,400 ($19.53 to 24.68 per hour).  Oncology and CMT preferred.  Go to indeed dot com (illegal to post link on this forum) and search for "oncology transcriptionist" and it will come up with link to apply.  ...

Please, MTs That Still Have In-house Jobs. Do Know That
May 31, 2014

ANYTHING to make sure a sale goes through. They tell the hospital those lies so the hospitals can sell you down the river with no guilt. But those are lies. Things WILL change. Then your choice will be, is your compensation, in your opinion, adequate for the amount of energy you put into this job. ...

From In-house To Nuance
Jun 21, 2014

So, my in-house clinic job was outsourced to Nuance. We have been promised that we will work only on that clinic after moving to Nuance.  It is a huge clinic with a lot of doctors.   Has anybody gone through this that can tell me if they keep their promise on that -- where you continue to type your original clinic work?  ...

Salary For Coders
Feb 02, 2010

What is the average hourly pay for coders?  How would you say the income compares with medical transcription.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for 14+ years, and looking into coding.  I actually used to do some light coding and billing years ago, but it was for a OB/GYN practice back in the day. ...

Annual Salary
Jun 08, 2010

I am currently making $34,000 a year as an MT.  I am a single mom raising 2 kids on my own.  I am curious if anyone is making more than that as an MT.  I want to set a goal for myself to make more in the range of $40,000 to $45,000.  Am I being unrealistic?  Can it be done? ...

Salary Class
Jun 16, 2010

on my pay it says salary class 40 what does that refer to? ...

Coding Salary
Nov 26, 2010

I currently work in an imaging facility doing transcription of MRI and ultrasounds.  I am training to be a coder to do the coding for my company also.  I am not sure what I need to be getting paid for this after I'm done.  I am not sure if I should ask for a pay raise based solely on the coding or if I include my transcription experience also.  Is there anyone out there who does both coding and transcription for the same company?  Any advice is greatly apprecia ...

Salary Question
Mar 31, 2011

I am currently making 42,000.00 a year in medical transcription.  Am I really going to make much more than that  if I get an AA degree in medical coding ?  I am wondering if school is a waste.  My daughter says that an entry level job for me will only pay in the 30's and if thats the case, I think I should stay with transcription.  I am 50 years old and just a bit scared of whats to come. ...