A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any 3rd shifters having trouble since daylight savings time ended? - dmc

Posted: Nov 17, 2011

I started 3rd shift in April of this year, but since daylight savings time ended I sit down at my computer and start to fall asleep!  Anyone ever had this problem?  Any suggestions or tricks to stay awake for the night? 

I find I actually do better sleep wise because it's darker out earlier. - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
Ordinarily, I have wicked trouble getting myself into sleep mode when the sun is up until 8:30pm or so during the height of summer, so having it start to get dark at the ridiculous hour of 3:00 pm is pretty sweet.

However, since I finally smartened up and went out and scored some of those light-blocking curtains, even this summer wasn't so bad. I love to sleep though and will even fall asleep in a lounge chair under the sun...until the smell of something burning (like me!) wakes me up.
:D

3rd shifters - zoesmom04

[ In Reply To ..]
It takes time, about 2 weeks, then I was fine. I've been doing it almost a year now. Just having problems making the adjustment on the weekends, i.e., read my post!

Similar Messages:

Daylight Savings Time Ends 11/03/14
Oct 30, 2013

Spring Ahead, Fall Back If you work third shift, Sat-Sun, clock out at 1am, do something productive until 2am is turned back to 1am, unless you have work and need an extra hour of lines. Just saying... ...

Daylight Saving Time Question...what Do You Do? TSM Not Much Help. SM
Nov 01, 2014

I am 8 pm to 4 am EST.  Since we fall back tonight, do I stay on until 4 am even though we gain an hour?  or would the 8 hours be up at 3 am  TSM just said work until 8 hours is achieved, but that doesn't tell me what time.  Thanks! ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Time Clock
May 14, 2012

typical Monday in M-ville ...

Imedx Time Sheet. Anyone Besides Me Having Trouble
Feb 12, 2015

nm ...

For All You 3rd Shifters!
Nov 15, 2011

Are you guys sticking to your schedule on the weekends or going back to a 'normal' schedule on the weekend? I've been doing this for almost a year from 9p to 5:30a, and it's been working pretty good until the weekend. I want to spend time with my family but mostly I end up sleeping the whole weekend away because I can't adjust my schedule. Any suggestions? ...

Hey 3rd Shifters Out There, How Is Your Work Load? Sm
Jul 22, 2010

Am I the only one who runs out of work?  I find it very hard at night to keep going with the dreaded no work available.  At least during the day, you can clean house, email, pick up the telephone, etc.  During the night, you are limited to surfing and staring!  Then I am too sleep deprived to pull extra hours to make up for missed line counts.  I am doing third shift for the extra incentitive but it doesn't work in my favor if I run out of work! Any ideas?  Cur ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Outsourcing Transcription - Savings Calculator
Apr 09, 2014

An interesting little calculator.  I just used a random email and such to get my results, but based on a 100-bed hospital over the course of a year, MM estimates that in-house transcription costs will range $200K and MM can save that same facility an estimated 51% by outsourcing services domestically or 59% globally.  Interesting...  Just food for thought. http://mmodal.com/products-and-services/transcription-services/transcription-roi/ ...

Just Ended The Mandatory Conference SA5
Mar 03, 2010

I realize I may become very unpopular here after saying what I have to say, but so be it. And I'm NOT management, so no accusations, please.....   I definitely have not agreed with a lot of MQ's new "plans," and I'm still going to remain open to change my mind with this current one, but I don't think it's going to be as bad as we think.  I mean, haven't we all been griping about SOME MMEs either not being able to fill in our blanks, filling them incorrec ...

So Which Company Ended Up Winning The Bid For
Apr 27, 2010

was it WebMedX or whichever company was on the auction block?  Did Medquist or Focus/Nuance win? ...

Love The Extra Daylight Hours, But Am I The Only One Dragging Tail?
Mar 12, 2012

I'm dieing here trying to stay awake.. ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Line Counts - 38 Minutes Of Dictation Per Hour But Only Ended Up With 160 LPH?
Dec 09, 2011

I have been struggling to reach my line counts at a certain company for a while now. I thought it was me. I've been working really hard to get faster and use more shortcuts, etc. I just looked at my stats and I did 38 minutes of dictation per hour but only ended up with 160 LPH? How is that even possible? I haven't had any dictations today with a lot of dead air or anything like that. I've done 200+ minutes of dictation today and have 1400 lines to show for it. I'm just wond ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble With
Feb 15, 2010

I can't even get it to open.  ...

DS Trouble
Feb 22, 2010

My laptop crashed today and is now in the shop.  I am trying to use our home desktop but can't get the files to completely download.  I called customer service, but since I am using our home computer, they won't help, only told me to make sure that any firewalls are turned off before installing DS.  Has anyone had this trouble before that can help?  I have uninstalled DS and reinstalled it several times, restarted the computer, turned off any firewalls I can find, t ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble With DQS?
Apr 19, 2010

All of the sudden, it is hung on the download screen.  The box popped up saying "downloading job #xxxxxxxx.  Getting job details." And then the log out button is below that. It has been like that for 10 minutes.  I logged out and logged back in.  The same job came back as a reserved job, and it is hung again, doing the same thing. I checked DEP now, but the light is green.  Just wondering if anyone else is having issues.  Guess I'll have to contact suppo ...

Is Anybody Having Trouble With Using
Jun 23, 2010

Explorer 8 on Medquist computer? They sent me a new computer because the fan went out in the old one and the new one had Explorer 8 on it. Now anything internet-based such as DocQmanage (client profiles, etc.) the text has letters that are different colors, making it very hard to read, and tech support cannot figure out how to fix it. It seems to be related to Explorer 8 because I did not have this problem with Explorer 6 and everything else such as DocQscribe, PDF files, and word files are all ...

Trouble With DQS?
Jul 26, 2010

Anyone else having trouble with DQS this morning? I had trouble logging on, would get stuck loading a job then take the job away, say no jobs available, etc. Then it worked for a while, now doing the same thing. Tried to call support, busy. Was just wondering if it was just me! ...

You Know You're In Trouble When ...
Sep 08, 2010

At the very beginning of the dictation with a doc who is already pretty speedy you hear him say to someone in the background "I'll be done in 30 seconds." Oy!!!! ...

Anyone Else Still Having Trouble With
Sep 29, 2010

I just called and got my password cleared, so now I can get into MedCentral, but when I go to my mail it says missing or unrecognized user name or password for the specified server.  What the ****.  Don't tell me I have to call support and sit on hold again!!  Please, does anybody know how to fix this?   ...

Trouble Getting PTO For NJA!
Oct 09, 2010

Is anyone having a problem getting paid when there are NJA?  I must be missing a step because my requests are being ignored!! ...

Anyone Having This Trouble?
Oct 10, 2010

For the last several days Google has been running very slow.  It is even taking a long time for my typing to show up in the search box.  It works fine on my home computer but not on my work machine.  Any ideas?  It was fine until a few days ago. Thanks for any help you can give me. ...

ANYONE HAVE TROUBLE WITH DIT?
Oct 30, 2010

HAS ANYONE HAD TROUBLE WORKING FOR DIT?  FOR INSTANCE NOT GETTING PAID? ...

Has Anyone Else Had Trouble With
Sep 13, 2011

technical difficulties at Meridian?  I love my new job, but I keep getting an error message that says A Win32 API function failed.  Would this have anything to do with my computer being a 64-bit rather than 32-bit? ...

In Trouble And Looking For Help, Please (SM)
Jan 05, 2012

I recently accepted a position with a company because this company had supposedly obtained a huge account. After completing the paperwork, sending it back, training on the account and working for about 3 days, I was told that the account was lost. Now I am sat here for 14 to 16 hours a day trying to squeeze out lines from another account that about 60 MTs were placed on when the other account was lost. In 14 to 16 hours I am only able to do between 300 to 500 lines and I am almost to the poin ...

Is Anyone Having Trouble Getting Into This?
May 03, 2012

Is anyone having trouble getting into this? I have NJA and can't get in to get a ticket assigned...What next? ...