A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just ended the mandatory conference SA5 - Kiki

Posted: Mar 03, 2010

I realize I may become very unpopular here after saying what I have to say, but so be it. And I'm NOT management, so no accusations, please.....

I definitely have not agreed with a lot of MQ's new "plans," and I'm still going to remain open to change my mind with this current one, but I don't think it's going to be as bad as we think.  I mean, haven't we all been griping about SOME MMEs either not being able to fill in our blanks, filling them incorrectly, etc?  Well this eliminates that.  We do still have QA available but only if absolutely necessary, and we will, starting April 14, have access to previously dictated reports (supposed NOT the useless repository) but a separate thing. 

As for the ones who say, "well, I have 90% unintelligible dictators and this is not fair to me"....well, that's not correct.  If you have to send EVERY SINGLE report with blanks straight through (and your CCM can later verify that the audio was crap) you CAN do that. 

I'm not thrilled about the docking of pay over 5% starting May 1, but I really don't think that it will end up being very much, if anything.  Remember, if you have to send a report through because of poor audio, cell-phone dictators, munching on food dictators, then these will not count in that 5% so long as you do not specifically send it through to QA, and you WOULD NOT in this case.  So, my suggestion to everyone would be to keep track of the reports you send thru with multiple blanks and the REASON in case you are called on it later. 

I do like the idea of getting free Benchmark.  Haven't used it but is sounds great.  Not so excited about the free ADHI membership, but I'll probably sniff around the site and see if there's anything of use, nothing to lose. 

My 2 cents for now...subject to change........

Calgal and I were discussing this below - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
You must have been in the 1st call with her.

The second group I was in didn't even talk pay or percentages or docking and sup had to leave early for a higher-up management conference call.

Very few questions, mainly involving how markers get turned into blanks. Thought it was a rather odd choice of conversation myself, considering pay is on the line.

the free ahdi membership is a good thing. - if you are a CMT you

[ In Reply To ..]
have access to free tests on line covering articles in their magazine to earn your CE credits. (that's quicker than writing an article summary). there are also webinars and such you can attend for a reduced fee when you are an adhi member. i am looking at needing to renew my CMT in the next year so I am really happy about this because i could not afford the ahdi membership on my own this year.

Wow. Can I pay my rent with that AHDI membership. - Great!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so excited. This will be great for the old bank account. How many bills do you think the AHDI membership will pay?

Just wondering since my pay has been cut in half over the past year. I was hoping I would get a pay increase, so I guess this is it!!!

But what if you know AHDI is a ripoff, and you dont - want to belong to it? nm

[ In Reply To ..]

AHDI sold us out to the Indians. Not many of us want - anything to do with them

[ In Reply To ..]
and certainly don't want them making even more money off of us. Now that so many of us are struggling to make minimum wage, I think that money would have been better to go to the MTs & this is just another slap in the face.

Personally, I'm still VERY leery about it all. - CA-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ is the king of double-talking. There are just too many shades of gray for this new change to benefit us in any way. I've been with the Q for 10 years. I left my last job with EDiX for the sole reason that they docked me for every blank I left. Sometimes you just need an extra set of ears to hear what I can't, and reversely mine can hear what others' can't. But to demand that we all try to think exactly like the supervisor or whoever will be judging our reports is just impossible to ask. Again, there are just too many variables in deciphering vague dictation. The suits obviously don't get it.

Yes, I definitely don't agree with the pay docking, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
even though I think (hope) that for most of us it won't even be an issue given the leeway they will give us to leave blanks. However, you do make a point, sometimes you will just NOT hear something that will be perfectly clear to new ears (or even your own when you relisten) but that just should not be penalized, and this is what seems to be going to happen. I think the way we are going to have to deal with it is to use our "good judgment" as the CCMs say and actually are expecting us to do, and leave a BLANK once we've honestly tried our best to get it. There is going to be a problem here as to WHO decides if we tried our best, but I have to think that so long as it doesn't happen too often, we won't get flack for it. I think they think that this 5% is their way of allowing for this type of blank, but setting a specific percentage is unreasonable and unfair.

I have to say I am going to get a sorta sick pleasure when I get a really horrible dictator and being able to leave his report looking like a piece of cheese and sending it back. Nope, Mr. Mushmouth, you do NOT get to have someone else help figure out maybe 1 or 2 more of your blanks!

Just how MQ is going to decide who is abusing this system and who isn't will be interesting. I mean, are they going to call us on a blank that we thought that QA couldn't get so we blanked instead of sending to QA---and say, "you should have been able to get this one." Who is to say who can get what? Interesting, indeed.......

These new changes do not take away the fact that most of our salaries - have been seriously cut over the past few years.

[ In Reply To ..]
AHDI, Benchmark, none of it takes away that fact that, hey people, we are STILL at square one. With the promise of even more of a pay cut if we ask for help.

If you all are thinking of just guessing -- don't. The client will catch it and that will give MQ a reason to fire you.

If you are just going to push blanks through to the client -- don't. They will ding on that in an audit.

We are in a catch 22 here.

They can RAM AHDI and BENCHMARK where the sun don't shine. Because neither will pay my bills and neither do me a bit of good out in the real world.

Why can't we get raises instead of AHDI and Benchmark? Many of us have not seen raises in years, but have steadily watched our salaries decline.

This all is a thinly veiled paycut by MQ to bring us all down to minimum wage and eliminate the QA department.

I hope the CCMs who are rah rahing this to the masses remember all this when they get fired, too. Because some of them are going too, for sure. The CCMs and the QCs are the only hourly-rate employees left. You better believe MQ is looking at all those positions. They need money for their new EPIC system.

Nothing has changed for us. My world isn't better because I know if I need help I will be punished for it. We are not getting pay raises here. We are getting memberships to an organization which has done nothing for us as a group. Big deal. It don't pay my bills.

And yippe, we can bypass QA. Well can you guarantee who will not need to send a report to them ever? I am an MME. I get to do that anyway -- but this whole deal scares the hades out of me.

Just wait until we all get our first paychecks with pacycuts in them. Then I guess it will sink in. They are telling us to keep tabs while we work to keep an eye on what percentage we are sending. Who has time for all that crap while we are working?

At any rate I thought the bottom line was ALWAYS patient safety? No matter what it took to get that report done correctly keep patient safety in mind always.

Stay tuned. You will see MTs coming on here that are going to be fired for either "guessing" -- which the clients will catch, or sending too many blanks to the clients which was caught in an audit. MQ is gonna weed us out one way or another. Again we are in a catch 22 no matter how you look at it.

I am an excellent employee. Work my agreed up hours, never late, never change my schedule, never take days off until at the end of the year when they tell me I better. I never take the holidays. I never have had anything returned by a client. I work hard and I am proud of my work but something about this all just does not sit right with me. Not at all. It will affect EVERYONE in a bad way.

So how does any of this take away the NJA screens? How does any of this improve the quality of the audio of many of the clients? How does any of this eliminate the very poor dictators that we have to spend so much time on?

We are in the middle of a slow agonizing reduction of the workforce of MQ. The former CBay employees could probably draw us the map.

What a scam. I am not getting excited about AHDI or benchmark because:
1. They don't put the money back in my paycheck that I have lost over the past few years. They won't pay any bills or buy food.
2. What good is Benchmark if the audio is so poor and the dictator is so rude or foreign-speaking that you can't make out any words anyway?

Everyone needs to get out of MQ. It will fall. Cbay will see to it. Whatever will be left will not be much. What a bunch of lying fools.

Not so bad - Euro sepsis

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't in the conference call but I tend to agree. Most of the blanks I put in are either problems with audio (dictating on cell phones with the car windows open), discrepancies, medication names that the doctor just spells and can't be verified and other things that I know QA would not get either even before I sent them. There is a very rare equipment name or half-medication that I sometimes cannot get but those can now be verified either through Benchmark or other reports on the patient that we can now access. Those rare few left over will still go to QA and be added to my percentage, but I can't imagine it being nearly 10%, much less 5% of my total lines for the week.

They also mentioned possibilities for compensation for those who exceed the requirements, something everyone has been wanting.

I still don't agree with the percentages being based on lines rather than number of reports but I will have to see how that pans out. I don't think that will be a big deal for me but I can see where it can be unjustly for some.

I'm just going to wait and see.

Sending blanks through - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like the CCM is going to have a lot of power. I still think it is a very gray area as to what we believe should be sent straight through and what needs to be directed through QA. Big gray area. Was that discussed much?What I think is unintelligible, CCM may not. Pretty much everything I send to QA now I believe is unintelligible. But if the client complains, you know who will take the fall.

Similar Messages:

So Which Company Ended Up Winning The Bid For
Apr 27, 2010

was it WebMedX or whichever company was on the auction block?  Did Medquist or Focus/Nuance win? ...

Since The Quarter Ended 09/30, Shouldn't Our Webclock Reflect.....sm
Oct 09, 2013

The score for this quarter?  Mine is still showing my QA accuracy score exactly as it was prior to 09/30, which made me ineligible for the weekly production incentive bonus for the entire last quarter.  So now my "new" score for the quarter that ended 09/30 is 99.28%, which would mean I'm eligible for the weekly incentive bonus for this past week, right?  However, my Webclock timesheet shows the 98.64% score from before 09/30 and shows me with an incentive (Better Me Better W ...

Any 3rd Shifters Having Trouble Since Daylight Savings Time Ended?
Nov 17, 2011

I started 3rd shift in April of this year, but since daylight savings time ended I sit down at my computer and start to fall asleep!  Anyone ever had this problem?  Any suggestions or tricks to stay awake for the night?  ...

Line Counts - 38 Minutes Of Dictation Per Hour But Only Ended Up With 160 LPH?
Dec 09, 2011

I have been struggling to reach my line counts at a certain company for a while now. I thought it was me. I've been working really hard to get faster and use more shortcuts, etc. I just looked at my stats and I did 38 minutes of dictation per hour but only ended up with 160 LPH? How is that even possible? I haven't had any dictations today with a lot of dead air or anything like that. I've done 200+ minutes of dictation today and have 1400 lines to show for it. I'm just wond ...

MT2020...You Said You Were Having A Conference
Dec 29, 2009

call last week. What was that about?  Any info appreciated.  Happy New Year! ...

Anyone Doing The KS Conference Call?
Jul 28, 2010

I'm not sure if I have any questions, but I would like to know what others have to say, anyone else going to be joining in or already has?   ...

Oh Joy! WMX Conference Call This P.m.
Apr 18, 2011

. ...

Conference Call/pay?
Feb 16, 2012

So, we're scheduled for an upcoming conference call and have to be clocked off but will get paid forour time.  So .  . . do we get paid that ridiculously low PTO time that obviously is getting lowered for practically all of us every 6 months?  Does anyone find it strange that 99% of us have had our PTO pay cut soooo much over the years?  Might be a good time to bring it up, during the conference calls, so that we can all chime in about it at the same time.   ...

QA Conference Call
Jul 10, 2012

So if you disagree with a QA score done within the last week of the quarter, you are out of luck.  So even if they are wrong you lose your QA bonus for 3 months.  QA is horrific at this company and the quarterly thing is unfair.  Supposedly  they are "talking" about changing it back to monthly, maybe we should all give a little push for that !!! ...

My Take On This Conference Call.
Oct 16, 2012

Let me get this straight!  There are still more MTs in-house than outsourced.  We all need to apply to hospitals and clinics.  I know we might get bought out, but geesh...  at least you could make more money with better benefits for even 6 months or more before MMmodal will GETCHA YA! The company stated they are trying to UNDERSTAND OUR FEEDBACK AND COMPREHEND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO SAY??  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Company created an MT Task Force to represent our int ...

Conference Call The Other Day With COM And She
Mar 07, 2014

What exactly does this mean? Are we at risk of losing our work and to who? They continuously ask us for more and more. The COM said she had sleepless nights about the account but also said she doesn't type because she chooses not to. That really struck a nerve with me and several of my MLS team members. What kind of team work is that when you're manager is not even willing to pitch in when things are dire? ...

OTI Conference Call .....
Sep 03, 2014

That call didn't tell me anything I didn't already know from L's email.   We're still up in the air!! ...

Conference Calls
Nov 19, 2014

Have you ever transcribed conference calls, and if so, how does it compare with medical trancription in terms of income, time consumption, etc.?  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.  ...

MDI-AAMC Conference Calls
Oct 15, 2009

Anybody here from MDI who have attended the weekly conference calls about AAMC.  I am a night owl and they always have the calls early morning.  ...

MDI/Transcend Conference Call
Nov 17, 2009

Alrighty, what do you all make of that conference call? I seem to have heard confilicting information, would you agree?  Line rate decrease definite, oh wait, everything taken on individual basis... which is it?  What do you all make of this latest?  ...

Missed The Conference Call..
Nov 27, 2009

Can someone please give me a recap?  ...

1ST TIME RIGHT PHONE CONFERENCE
Mar 03, 2010

Anybody out there participate in the phone conference just now for SA5?  Feelings on how it went? ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Does Anyone Here Remember The Conference Calls
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone remember the conference calls we had when transitioning to Transcend from MDI-MD regarding our line rates?  I can remember quite a few people being upset that after being told our rates would not change, many had their line rates cut.  And I specifically remember them saying that once our account went to VR, we would be getting 50% of our transcription rate.  Does anyone else remember this as well? Either I'm losing my memory or someone is playing games because o ...

Conference Call/meeting
Feb 16, 2011

It is such a beautiful day today, finally spring is here.  I have DQS refresher course today and am going to take my laptop to the back porch.  2 hours in the sun, with some iced tea and a spring breeze, don't mind if I do!  ...

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Anyone On The Conference Call This Morning?
Aug 24, 2012

just wondering what news, if any, for transcenders.  will probably attend later one but wonder if worth the time.  thx ...

Conference Call 10/15/2012
Oct 17, 2012

Maybe if MModal hired fewer employees from Microsoft they could afford to pay transcriptionist better and allow for cost of living raises.  I have been a transcriptionist for going on 30 years and this company is one of the reasons we can't make a living wage.  I am so tired of hearing the term "industry standard" because in the past when I worked with other companies and directly in-house I was paid more.  Just because it is the "industry standard" does not make it right. &n ...

Web Presentation Vs Conference Call
Apr 17, 2013

I see why they do their presentation this way as opposed to a live conference call where people could chime in and demand to know what in the hell is going on. While listening, I kept thinking I was watching an SNL skit, it was so dry, controlled and phony. Nothing was accomplished. I actually thought- hoped - we'd get encouraging words of a steady work flow and better pay. We could use Michael Moore on our side. ...

Conference Call Highlights For Me
Apr 17, 2013

#1. People loved mentoring, so there's more coming. This might be true for some (most?) but during mine, my stats dropped 20%. The coach told me almost every single person hated it and that they were mean to her. She also didn't know that reports sent to QA cost us at all. #2. On this chart you can see that 20% of you want jobs to stay in the U.S. Here's an Indian guy to read slides and kudos from the hospitals! #3. I guess people are making 3% more, so that's one year of ...

This Is A Video Of Every MM Conference Call
Jan 24, 2014

I thought this was cute.  The only thing they left out is "the suckup" on every call ...

Medical Ink Conference Call?
Mar 25, 2014

Anyone else get this email about a conference call?  Just wanted to make sure its legit.  Thanks! ...

Medical INK Conference Call
Mar 25, 2014

For anyone who has attended the call or works there already, do they have schedule requirements or minimum line counts? ...

Conference Call With MM Coming Up...
Jun 30, 2014

I am not accepting the job, but I just wanted a few good "insider" insights/questions to throw back at them. It is a mandatory call I have to participate in. I already have all the crappy reviews from Glassdoor and an article stating MM was voted the worst company in US to work for. I've been reading MTStars for months so I already know a lot about MM. TIA! ...

Well, OTIers, What Did You Think About That Conference Call?
Sep 05, 2014

d ...