A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For all you 3rd shifters! - zoesmom04

Posted: Nov 15, 2011

Are you guys sticking to your schedule on the weekends or going back to a 'normal' schedule on the weekend? I've been doing this for almost a year from 9p to 5:30a, and it's been working pretty good until the weekend. I want to spend time with my family but mostly I end up sleeping the whole weekend away because I can't adjust my schedule. Any suggestions?

Swinging from night to day and back again...it's hard yo! - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
The world keeps turning and everyone expects you to just go right into a "normal" weekend. I tried to do it and failed and my work suffered...which I personally think is unacceptable, but I'm a tool who puts work before family (don't be like me--it will MESS you up!)

You'll find me up on my nights off, dinking around on the computer or watching movies or cleaning house. My husband has always been a night owl too though (kinda how we met)so FOR US it works out okay. Frustrating as heck though to be so exhausted during our normal sleepy time that we just don't want to participate in funsies of friends and family and find we back out of invites more than not.
:(

3rd shifters - zoesmom04

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel the same exactly....too tired to do anything fun anymore. Looking to go to 2nd shift, which I didn't want to do, and impossible to get 1st where I work. I'm going to take a pay cut but for my sanity I think it will be worth it.

Similar Messages:

Hey 3rd Shifters Out There, How Is Your Work Load? Sm
Jul 22, 2010

Am I the only one who runs out of work?  I find it very hard at night to keep going with the dreaded no work available.  At least during the day, you can clean house, email, pick up the telephone, etc.  During the night, you are limited to surfing and staring!  Then I am too sleep deprived to pull extra hours to make up for missed line counts.  I am doing third shift for the extra incentitive but it doesn't work in my favor if I run out of work! Any ideas?  Cur ...

Any 3rd Shifters Having Trouble Since Daylight Savings Time Ended?
Nov 17, 2011

I started 3rd shift in April of this year, but since daylight savings time ended I sit down at my computer and start to fall asleep!  Anyone ever had this problem?  Any suggestions or tricks to stay awake for the night?  ...