A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Higher basilic vein" - scha

Posted: Aug 07, 2010

Any one is familar with the term HIGHER BASILIC VEIN'  this is an op note and doctor is creating an IV access for meds

basilic vein access - just a guess

[ In Reply To ..]
"We chose a cannulation site higher up the arm ..."

This was on google in an article discussing IV basilic vein access. So maybe he is just giving a reference point?

Similar Messages:

Basilic....blank
Oct 29, 2009

The basilic subtercutaenous stairway was capillary protected and preserved... Thats the best I can hear...any ideas? ...

Someone Needs To Tell The Higher Ups
Jan 05, 2015

i saw in TV this morning that the national average was 3% pay increases this year....Can't remember the last raise I have had so doubt we will see that! A pay decrease is a better bet. ...

Apicus Vein
Nov 04, 2009

apicus vein of heart?? ...

Anonamate Vein?
Jan 25, 2010

This is an operative report with a preop and postop diagnosis of Anterior mediastinal theratoma with airway obstruction and esophageal obstruction. Dissection then went to the cephalad aspect of the tumor, and a clamp used to delineate it, and the tumor was freed of the tissue overlying the anonamate vein. ...

On A Higher Note...
Mar 18, 2010

Have you guys been using the search engine to look up previous reports?  I LOVE IT, have been waiting for it for YEARS!!!  I just did a look up by patient and was able to avoid 2 skip markers...the doc was flying through the medicines and I could NOT get them, looked up a report for the patient, there was only one, but it did list the meds...WOOHOOO....there are some good things in these changes if you look for them!! ...

Are Requirements Getting Higher
Aug 03, 2010

Seems to me, "one year acute care experience" was the basic requirement to sign on with an MTSO. Then it went to three years. Now, a lot of places require "five years' experience." Plus, QA has gotten unbelievably picky. I've always had top-notch quality and even been complimented personally by physicians at various local clinics. Recruiters call my test scores "excellent." And YET, wherever I start working, my QA looks like the homework of some dyslexic third-grader that comes back fr ...

Self Vein Transposition
May 04, 2011

Self vein transposition to left brachial artery ...

Along The Same Vein As The QA Discussion Below, Here's An Example Of An
Sep 03, 2011

unnecessary blank.  This is before I ever even start to listen to the report... In the medication list: _____ 0.4 mg sublingually p.r.n. chest pain. NOW, I don't care how badly the dictator butchered the word, it is OBVIOUS what this blank should be even WITHOUT listening to the dictation.  Any MT worth a dime, would be able to deduce what the doctor was saying.  There is more to this job than simply typing what you hear!  ...

Higher Productivity--same Pay
Jun 28, 2012

After AGAIN seeing more productivity and no increase in my pay, I sent my CCM an e-mail asking to explain it.  Will keep you all posted!  Maybe everyone should do the same, let them see how frustrated we all are.  Betcha M*Modal is the only one reaping any benefits from our increased productivity.  Bet the suits are getting major bonuses while we can barely keep our heads above water. ...

What Happened To The Higher-up.....?
Apr 07, 2014

What happened to SK?  I tried to CC him on an email that he needs to see and got a notice that the email was no longer valid.  Please tell me they didn't RIF him.  He probably would have fired me for the email anyway, but I'm tired of being told by my supervisor not to go above her head with complaints. ...

Change The Higher Ups To Production Pay
Oct 15, 2009

It is so so sad that some of our own bosses don't seem to care that we are suffering financially with this switch over.  All they say is "hang in there"..REALLY, oh yeah that's right you have no idea what we are going through because you still get your salary pay or even hourly pay....stop and try production pay for 1 month and then talk to me.  I'm done....outa here! ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Negotiate A Higher VR Rate With
Jan 22, 2010

nm ...

Prosidigrel??? After A Vein Graft
Apr 03, 2010

I have searched for various spellings and even tried wild card and nothing.  He has been changed from Plavix therapy to Persidogril???? or something like that.   Thanks for any help. ...

Sounds Like.....vein Of Kelly???
Dec 13, 2011

never mind ...

I Would Work Harder If...This Is For The Higher Ups
Jan 18, 2015

Let's see who reads this board. This is a challenge to the "bosses" to try and improve production and cut costs. I have worked in many jobs in my life from delivering papers at 12, to retail, to public service jobs, the one constant in ALL of them is..a happy employee is a productive employee. Business 101 says, if your employees produce more, you need less of them, and that cuts overhead. That being said I would be happy if: 1. You simply paid 15 or 20 minutes a day paid time to re ...

S/l Christmas Tree Was Placed Distally In The Vein
Jul 14, 2010

Any help on this one? ...

For The Q MTs That Have Tested For A Higher Level Tier:
Oct 02, 2011

and do you recommend doing this? Thanks ...

OrgPublisher?? We Dont Want This Crap. We Want Higher
Aug 27, 2012

grrrrr ...

Opinions Please-- Would You Accept A Lower Cpl Over A Higher
Nov 12, 2012

7 cpl job has BCBS about 53.00 per pp, dental 4.00 per pp. Employer pays for short term and long term disability, and they pay your life insurance at 2 times your pay. They offer about 28 paid PTO days per year, 8 holidays a year of which you have to work at least 2, profit sharing if company has increased profits for the year, plus 401K where they will deposit 3%, plus match 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%. They provide equipment. Very easy and transcription friendly software program, pay ...

Very Interesting, Another Reason My Counts Are Higher During The Day.
Jul 21, 2014

I normally work nights and get the worst dictators and horrid ASR. Of course, the worst dictators are usually the low man on the totem pole and get the worst coverage. At least, that is my experience from everywhere I have worked. Plus you get the sleepy doctors that can barely move their mouths in between yawns. I also only rarely get operative reports. On the few occasions I have needed to work a day shift, in addition to much better dictation, I get a lot of operative reports (I am tie ...

Help... Sounds Like Venus Vas Catheter (vein Stripping)
Nov 02, 2009

?? ...

Wondering If Amphion Pays A Little Higher Because Of Not Counting Spaces -
Aug 22, 2012

sssssss ...

The Splenic Vein Appears Uninvolved, "as Is The Portal Veined".
Sep 15, 2010

:) ...

Deviated "strange" Into The Left Basal Vein Of Rosenthal,
Oct 25, 2011

On MRA of brain with AVM.  The arterial supply is predominantly from the left anterior choroidal artery, with smaller contributions arising from the left posterior choroidal artery and lenticulostriate perforating vessels.  There is a deviated "strange" into the left basal vein of Rosenthal, left thalamostriate vein, and left anterior septal veins. ...

PUNCTUATION?: RIGHT LOWER EXTREMITY EXPLORATION SAPHENOUS VEIN HARVEST LEFT LEG REVERSE SAPHENOUS V
Jun 20, 2010

x ...

S/l "anomanent" Vein...SM
Jan 15, 2010

On 2-dimensional view, the right ventricular outflow track appeared to be quite prominent, and in one plane, the right ventricular outflow tract, that dimension was over 40 mm.  The main pulmonary artery was measured at 16 mm.  The pulmonary valve annulus was 22 mm.  With the addition of color flow Doppler, looking from the suprasternal notch, there is a fairly high flow venous structure coming superiorly from the left to join the (s/l) *anomanent* vein. ...

Vein Of S/l "sorro"
Mar 12, 2012

Vascular surgery report:  Vein of "soro" ? ...