A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

41 minute dictation! 41 MINUTES! of the worst dictator! - NKC

Posted: Oct 08, 2010

Is it too much to ask on my last shift before the weekend that I get some decent work?  I swear the transcription gods are punishing me!

Pray for the dead air space that follows an MD who - forgot to hang up. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Oh, there better be some dead air! - NKC

[ In Reply To ..]
!

I pray for those kinds of reports! sm - melmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Especially if it is dead air. I get paid by the minute - not by the line! I cringe when my docs spew out a full page in 1 to 2 minutes of dictation. I've always wondered which comes out better - by line or by minute? Its been 15 years since I was paid by line. And my platform doesn't show a line count that I could use to judge. :

Years ago I had a job that paid hourly and production - NKC

[ In Reply To ..]
was measured by minutes of dictation and incentive was paid something like $5 for every 15 minutes (or maybe 30, it's been a long time)over the minimum you did. I think the minimum was 90 minutes in an 8 hour day. Ah the good 'ol days...

I miss those good 'ol days too .. sm - melmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to be an employee with hourly pay and incentive for anything over 92 minutes per 8 hour shift. I'm now IC and paid on production only - flat rate of $1.16 per minute. I know I'm probably doing better than ICs being paid 7 or 8 cents per line. But I sure miss that guaranteed hourly rate! And the longer the dictation the better - and dead air is jackpot!

Similar Messages:

30 Minutes And Only Get 1 Minute Worth Of Dictation
Nov 07, 2010

Don't you hate when that happens. I was all stoked up to get some lines for once and what would you know. I should have known it was too good to be true. ...

Grrr - 20 Minutes To Do A 3-minute ASR Job
Apr 20, 2013

Add to the numerous corrections plus formatting, an unfamiliar account. And.... why are there some jobs in my usual accounts sitting there and I am getting all these unknown accounts! ...

I Just Had The Worst Dictation.
Apr 03, 2015

Remember the Charlie Brown special. Well this dictation sounded like the sound effect used for Charlie's teacher (wawa). Somehow Mmodal still expects 100% accuracy.  I spent a good hour on this report, argh.  ...

My Job Is Based On Minute Production. Are There Any Transcriptions Out There Who Still Use Minutes
Aug 18, 2010

Our quota is for minutes only.  I average about 1400 lines a day though.  We have to make 90 minutes then we make incentive. I do not hear anyone ever mention minutes.   Thanks in Advance for the replies. :)       ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...

Pay Per Minute Of Dictation
May 03, 2012

Hope everyone is having a great day...I have an interview for a position that pays by the minute of dictation...I have never been paid this way or no anyone who has so am at a total loss as to the average, what it calculates to per line, hour, etc.  Anyone who knows anything about this and can share would be so very much appreciated.  I have not interviewed yet so don't know the rate but just want some info so I don't go in completely in the dark. Thank you! ...

How Long Does It Take You To Do 75 Minutes Of Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

How long would it take to do 75  minutes of dictation (straight typing)?  I know there are a lot of variables, but just trying to get an estimate.   Thanks ...

Paying MTs By The Minute Of Dictation
Apr 17, 2014

Just found this very interesting article about how MTSOs should consider charging by the minute instead of by the line. I imagine that would be a good idea for transcriptionists, because we would then be paid for the time we actually do transcribe versus by the line we may or may not transcribe. I remember wayyyy back in the golden days being paid by the minute (of dictation, and that was far more profitable for us as transcriptionists. Brace yourself, as this article refers to us as "transc ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

Thirty Minutes Of Dictation Per Week. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

I am applying at a company that requires at least 30 minutes of transcription a week.  As an estimate, how many hours would you say this is equivalent to?  Thanks in advance. ...

Formula To Figure Out 50 Minutes Of Dictation
Aug 15, 2013

I am needing to know how much dictation would average out to 50 minutes of dictation each day.  I know there is a formula but I cannot find it in my files?  I am looking  for PT work at least 25 to 30 hours a week?  Any info would be helpful. ...

Nearly 21 Minute Report Of Another Doctor's Dictation
Jan 01, 2014

I had a long, long report that was filled up mostly with another doctor's dictation, who was sitting nearby going a mile a minute dictating on his patient while my dictating doctor sat quietly thinking.  At least, I guess that's what he was doing, hard to tell, he was so quiet while page after page filled up with the report from another patient.  When my doctor resumed speaking, it was hard to find where his dictation began again.  The actual report turned out ...

How Does A Person Figure How Many Minutes In An Hour Of Dictation Can Do
Jan 19, 2010

I am putting in for a proofing/transcribing job with a company but i need to also write down what i need for wages by how many minutes of dictation i can do.  How do i do this?  I have never kept track of minutes/hour and how much i actually do.  It has always been 8-9 cents/line.  She says an average is 20 minutes of dictation/hour then divide by 60 and that is what i would get paid per minute anywhere between her range she has.  Does anyone know how to figure this out. ...

Line Counts - 38 Minutes Of Dictation Per Hour But Only Ended Up With 160 LPH?
Dec 09, 2011

I have been struggling to reach my line counts at a certain company for a while now. I thought it was me. I've been working really hard to get faster and use more shortcuts, etc. I just looked at my stats and I did 38 minutes of dictation per hour but only ended up with 160 LPH? How is that even possible? I haven't had any dictations today with a lot of dead air or anything like that. I've done 200+ minutes of dictation today and have 1400 lines to show for it. I'm just wond ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Curious For Those Paid By The "Minute Of Dictation"...
Jul 29, 2011

Just wondering what is the best we can do now days being paid "per minute".... which is not the most fair compensation... ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Which Is The Worst?
Apr 09, 2013

When the dictator: 1.  Constantly saying "um" or "ah" or "and" throughout dictation? 2.  Sucking his teeth? 3.  Sniffing and snorting snot? ALL EQUALLY DISGUSTING TO ME. Take a second and blow your nose. ...

Worst Day Ever - Sm
Aug 15, 2013

11 reports in 1-1/2 hours, 246 lines, 24.6% to QA. Just shoot me now. ...

Worst Of The Worst
Jan 24, 2015

Today I seem to be getting the worst dictators in the history of mankind.  After a while your ears simply give out.  Enough already!! ...

DSG Seems To Have The WORST Dictators
Mar 26, 2010

I have been an MT for over 20 years and have worked at a few different companies.  I am currently with DSG, and I just have to say, DSG seems to have the WORST dictators of any company that I have worked for.  I work on 5 different accounts for them and it is all the same.  Any other DSG'ers out there that are experiencing the same thing?  I don't recall being told when I was hired that I would be typing 98% ESL.  Beware if you are thinking of working here!    ...

Today, ASR Is The Worst It Has Every Been!!
Apr 29, 2013

My count is in the toilet. 80% retype and I can't F11 ! Hey Amy, spent a day in my shoes. ASR has been worse lately, but this is the absolute worst. ...

Sometimes I Feel Like The Worst MT
Mar 27, 2014

Lately I have not bee doing well, short on line count, a few bad audits, I am in the dog house. I now have a fear that a I too will be let go. It is hard to work like this, wish I could just quit, but cannot right now, maybe in a few months, unless they terminate me. I understand the policy, 150 LPH, but sometimes I just cannot make it, dictators are bad, unfamiliar accounts. When it is good, it is good, but when it is bad, it is bad! I guess I will just keep plugging along until other wise :( ...

The Worst Thing You Can Do Is Nothing
Apr 23, 2014

In addition to writing to your representatives, we should all try to get our story in the news.  ABC World News or any of the others woulld be a great avenue to try.  We just need to get their attention.  Most average people don't even know about the MTStars site..we need to change that.  They ask to keep it brief, so I would refer them to the site and make brief statements about outsourcing, how our pay has been cut in half, that VR is not all it has been made out to be ...

Becoming An MT 35 Years Ago Was The Worst
Apr 27, 2014

I just read an ad for a certified COURT REPORTER (the job training I stupidly turned down in order to become an MT) in San Jose CA.  Check out the annual salary: $68,237.73 - $86,700.64 Annually I think I'll go shoot myself now.   ...

ACK!! I Have To Say My Company Has To Have Some Of The Worst
May 30, 2014

MTs!!  No I am not perfect and yes I remember when I started how hard it was to remember a lot of things, but some of these mistakes are just stupid.  They do not do research or something.  I think what is driving me the most batty is they leave one space only after a period in 1 sentence and go back to 2 in the next.  Not uniform at all.  OKay, done now.  Hiding my OCD now ...