A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

30 minutes and only get 1 minute worth of dictation - mom2huskies

Posted: Nov 07, 2010

Don't you hate when that happens. I was all stoked up to get some lines for once and what would you know. I should have known it was too good to be true.

Always The Way - mom3bassets

[ In Reply To ..]
ALWAYS that way, you get all excited, its finally your account, its nice and long, and then either it is a newby, slow dictator, fast talker, poor audio, or an ESL -- it rarely is the dictation of your dreams, but sometimes.........

That is why pay per dictated minute is best - I get paid that way and love it nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

41 Minute Dictation! 41 MINUTES! Of The Worst Dictator!
Oct 08, 2010

Is it too much to ask on my last shift before the weekend that I get some decent work?  I swear the transcription gods are punishing me! ...

Grrr - 20 Minutes To Do A 3-minute ASR Job
Apr 20, 2013

Add to the numerous corrections plus formatting, an unfamiliar account. And.... why are there some jobs in my usual accounts sitting there and I am getting all these unknown accounts! ...

Is It Worth Being Paid By Audio Minute?
Aug 25, 2013

What does 80 cents per audio minute work out to be per line. ...

My Job Is Based On Minute Production. Are There Any Transcriptions Out There Who Still Use Minutes
Aug 18, 2010

Our quota is for minutes only.  I average about 1400 lines a day though.  We have to make 90 minutes then we make incentive. I do not hear anyone ever mention minutes.   Thanks in Advance for the replies. :)       ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...

Pay Per Minute Of Dictation
May 03, 2012

Hope everyone is having a great day...I have an interview for a position that pays by the minute of dictation...I have never been paid this way or no anyone who has so am at a total loss as to the average, what it calculates to per line, hour, etc.  Anyone who knows anything about this and can share would be so very much appreciated.  I have not interviewed yet so don't know the rate but just want some info so I don't go in completely in the dark. Thank you! ...

How Long Does It Take You To Do 75 Minutes Of Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

How long would it take to do 75  minutes of dictation (straight typing)?  I know there are a lot of variables, but just trying to get an estimate.   Thanks ...

Paying MTs By The Minute Of Dictation
Apr 17, 2014

Just found this very interesting article about how MTSOs should consider charging by the minute instead of by the line. I imagine that would be a good idea for transcriptionists, because we would then be paid for the time we actually do transcribe versus by the line we may or may not transcribe. I remember wayyyy back in the golden days being paid by the minute (of dictation, and that was far more profitable for us as transcriptionists. Brace yourself, as this article refers to us as "transc ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

Thirty Minutes Of Dictation Per Week. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

I am applying at a company that requires at least 30 minutes of transcription a week.  As an estimate, how many hours would you say this is equivalent to?  Thanks in advance. ...

Formula To Figure Out 50 Minutes Of Dictation
Aug 15, 2013

I am needing to know how much dictation would average out to 50 minutes of dictation each day.  I know there is a formula but I cannot find it in my files?  I am looking  for PT work at least 25 to 30 hours a week?  Any info would be helpful. ...

Nearly 21 Minute Report Of Another Doctor's Dictation
Jan 01, 2014

I had a long, long report that was filled up mostly with another doctor's dictation, who was sitting nearby going a mile a minute dictating on his patient while my dictating doctor sat quietly thinking.  At least, I guess that's what he was doing, hard to tell, he was so quiet while page after page filled up with the report from another patient.  When my doctor resumed speaking, it was hard to find where his dictation began again.  The actual report turned out ...

How Does A Person Figure How Many Minutes In An Hour Of Dictation Can Do
Jan 19, 2010

I am putting in for a proofing/transcribing job with a company but i need to also write down what i need for wages by how many minutes of dictation i can do.  How do i do this?  I have never kept track of minutes/hour and how much i actually do.  It has always been 8-9 cents/line.  She says an average is 20 minutes of dictation/hour then divide by 60 and that is what i would get paid per minute anywhere between her range she has.  Does anyone know how to figure this out. ...

Line Counts - 38 Minutes Of Dictation Per Hour But Only Ended Up With 160 LPH?
Dec 09, 2011

I have been struggling to reach my line counts at a certain company for a while now. I thought it was me. I've been working really hard to get faster and use more shortcuts, etc. I just looked at my stats and I did 38 minutes of dictation per hour but only ended up with 160 LPH? How is that even possible? I haven't had any dictations today with a lot of dead air or anything like that. I've done 200+ minutes of dictation today and have 1400 lines to show for it. I'm just wond ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Curious For Those Paid By The "Minute Of Dictation"...
Jul 29, 2011

Just wondering what is the best we can do now days being paid "per minute".... which is not the most fair compensation... ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Minutes
Dec 03, 2009

Are there any companies that pay minutes or line count whichever equals the most? I have docs that leave a lot of air space on voice files. ...

How Many Minutes?
Mar 17, 2010

Instead of wondering how many LPH one can do, I'm wondering how many minutes of editing a person should be doing in an 8-hour day.   I'm asking this because this is a discussion in the company I work for right now.  Thanks for any helpful replies. ...

15 Minutes?
Apr 07, 2010

did anyone log in after 15 minutes after scheduled time and still got in?  I downloaded a job right at the very minute my shift should have been over and it still let me download a job.  Just wandering if i can take an extra 15 minutes logging in at my next shift and still get in.  Did not get a straight answer from ccm.  She just said it will allow you 15 minutes ahead of time but nothing about logging in 15 minutes after.  TYIA.  ...

NJA For 30 Minutes.
Mar 12, 2011

Can't work, can't make any money to pay light and internet bills so I can work! ...

Did Anyone See 60 Minutes?
May 11, 2011

There was a story on the people who lost their jobs. They have COBRA, but there are no jobs, unemployment pays $200/week or so, and COBRA insurance costs $1600/month (I can't remember the exact amount). So they are jobless, losing their homes because they can't pay their mortgages, moving in with other family members, who also have lost their jobs, and of course have no medical insurance.  My heart went out to one woman when she just cried out that she didn't know where they ...

Anyone Know If We Get 10 Minutes With NJA And
Jul 05, 2011

then maybe 1 or 2 short jobs and then NJA again - do we have to wait another 15 minutes or do you count the prevous 10 minutes of waiting and just wait 5 more minutes.  I could go on all morning with waiting 8, 10, 12 minutes, then get 1 job, then wait 5 minutes, get a job and so on and so on.  Should I just add the total wait time until I get to 15 minutes or do I need to have a solid 15 minutes before I can log off? ...

How Many Minutes Do I Ask For?
Jan 20, 2012

I am just getting back into transcription, and I forgot something. I am an independent contractor, and I want to work 5 hours a day. Roughly how many minutes would that translate into so I can ask my coordinator how many minutes to give me each day? *I know it's different for everyone, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate.   ...

NJA For 40 Minutes Already
Apr 23, 2013

in the north region, anyone else?  This is getting old! ...

I Was Out For About 3 Minutes
May 25, 2015

Didnt sign off fast enough, couple more just came through..darn ...